|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Talbot has followed Tom Grenville and the paratroopers out of the airplane?
2. Joan Grenville and Stanley Kuchik crawl through what, in order to reach the basement of the Russian mansion?
3. West tells Thorpe that the Russians have protected themselves against a what?
4. Who surprises Claudia when she is about to shoot Androv?
5. When Abrams leaves the Russians' house, where does he go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Kimberly and Abrams discuss on their jog through the park?
2. How does West win in his confrontation with Thorpe?
3. What is Henry Kimberly's attachment to his daughters?
4. What has Androv done to Van Dorn's telephone?
5. Why does Pembroke leave Thorpe unconscious in the cemetery?
6. What happens in the deserted cemetery?
7. What does Van Dorn reveal to the group about the Russian plan?
8. How does Joan appear to have more depth as a character than initially thought?
9. Why does Katherine Kimberly feel betrayed by her father?
10. What was Henry Kimberly's intentions for after the EMP strike?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the book, it is revealed that Henry Kimberly and O'Brien both want to be president. Which one would make the better president, and why? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of observations in the story? Do observations drive actions, or do actions drive observations? Who is observant, and who is being observed? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is expediency? What role does expediency play in the story? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)