|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men who surround Abrams, Thorpe, and Kimberly dressed as?
2. Whom does Joan stab while she is in the Russian mansion?
3. Who leads the second group of men that appears to save Abrams and Kimberly?
4. When West is unstrapped, what does he do to Thorpe?
5. Nothing is what it seems to be is the ultimate lesson in what?
Essay Topic 1
What are the three types of irony? Which type of irony was used best in the story, and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is faith? How is faith in other people shown and developed? What character in the book has the most faith in other people? How does this help or hinder the search for Talbot and the planning against the Russians? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Which death is most important to the story, and why? What does the death contribute to the other characters' motivations? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)