|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the communications room in the Russian mansion?
2. After Stanley and Joan seal the door, what do they do?
3. Whom does Abrams brief on the results of his reconnaissance in the Russian house?
4. What describes Henry Kimberly's reaction to hearing that his daughter was poisoned?
5. Who leads the second group of men that appears to save Abrams and Kimberly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is humanization? What does it mean when a character is humanized? Which character is the most humanized in the story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Thorpe is described as manipulative. Having read the whole book, what actions did Thorpe take to manipulate people so that everyone believes he is working for the Americans? Why were those actions manipulative? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the book, it is revealed that Henry Kimberly and O'Brien both want to be president. Which one would make the better president, and why? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)