|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of the two people who take out the gate guards at the Russian mansion?
2. What is the signal that Abrams is supposed to give from the Russian house if there is trouble?
3. Where does Joan hide after she stabs the person in the Russian mansion?
4. What piece of equipment did Ann Kimberly seize in order to cripple the Russian plan?
5. As soon as they are inside the Russian mansion, whom does Pembroke kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What internal battle is Ann Kimberly fighting as she participates in the counterattack?
2. What is Henry Kimberly's attachment to his daughters?
3. What are O'Brien's actions towards Henry Kimberly, and why?
4. Why does Katherine Kimberly feel betrayed by her father?
5. While the counterattack against the Russians begins, what is Van Dorn doing?
6. What was Henry Kimberly's intentions for after the EMP strike?
7. What does Van Dorn reveal to the group about the Russian plan?
8. What happens in the deserted cemetery?
9. How does Joan appear to have more depth as a character than initially thought?
10. What has Androv done to Van Dorn's telephone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using the examples from the story to support your answer, answer the following: What makes a good leader? Who in the story is the best leader?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the book, it is revealed that Henry Kimberly and O'Brien both want to be president. Which one would make the better president, and why? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Arnold Brin left a clue before he died. What was the clue? Based on your reading, what is the meaning of the clue? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)