|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who surprises Claudia when she is about to shoot Androv?
2. What is the signal that Abrams is supposed to give from the Russian house if there is trouble?
3. Whom does Abrams brief on the results of his reconnaissance in the Russian house?
4. Who leads the second group of men that appears to save Abrams and Kimberly?
5. What describes Henry Kimberly's reaction to hearing that his daughter was poisoned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Russian attache tell Ann Kimberly during the counterattack?
2. What happens in the deserted cemetery?
3. What does Van Dorn reveal to the group about the Russian plan?
4. What does Karl Roth do at the Van Dorn's 4th of July party?
5. What happens to Abrams after he leaves the Russian mansion?
6. What was Henry Kimberly's intentions for after the EMP strike?
7. What do Stanley and Joan do in the Russian mansion?
8. What is Henry Kimberly's attachment to his daughters?
9. What will Abrams be doing, as his cover, when they go into the Russian embassy's mansion?
10. What is the goal of Abrams' mission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thorpe is described as manipulative. Having read the whole book, what actions did Thorpe take to manipulate people so that everyone believes he is working for the Americans? Why were those actions manipulative? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is humanization? What does it mean when a character is humanized? Which character is the most humanized in the story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using the examples from the story to support your answer, answer the following: What makes a good leader? Who in the story is the best leader?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)