|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of equipment did Ann Kimberly seize in order to cripple the Russian plan?
2. Van Dorn tries to call where, to tell someone of his suspicions that the Russians are planning an attack on the U.S.?
3. Where does Joan hide after she stabs the person in the Russian mansion?
4. Who surprises Claudia when she is about to shoot Androv?
5. West nearly escapes, but what does Eva do to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Abrams after he leaves the Russian mansion?
2. When Abrams returns to the Van Dorn's party after his mission to the Russian mansion, what does he learn from Spinelli?
3. What was Henry Kimberly's intentions for after the EMP strike?
4. How does West win in his confrontation with Thorpe?
5. What is Henry Kimberly's attachment to his daughters?
6. Why does Pembroke leave Thorpe unconscious in the cemetery?
7. What are O'Brien's actions towards Henry Kimberly, and why?
8. How does Joan appear to have more depth as a character than initially thought?
9. What do Stanley and Joan do in the Russian mansion?
10. What is the goal of Abrams' mission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the relationship between Katherine Kimberly and Peter Thorpe about? What is the goal of each person in the relationship? How does their relationship shadow the relationship of the U.S. and Russians in the book? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What are the three types of irony? Which type of irony was used best in the story, and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the book, it is revealed that Henry Kimberly and O'Brien both want to be president. Which one would make the better president, and why? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)