|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. West tells Thorpe that the Russians have protected themselves against a what?
2. When Abrams leaves the Russians' house, where does he go?
3. From where is an attache supposed to bring the Russians a message about the activities on July 4?
4. Whom does O'Brien kill after he reveals himself to be Talbot?
5. What does Claudia do to Maggie when Maggie tries to stop the food from being served?
Short Essay Questions
1. While the counterattack against the Russians begins, what is Van Dorn doing?
2. Why does Katherine Kimberly feel betrayed by her father?
3. How does West win in his confrontation with Thorpe?
4. What do Stanley and Joan do in the Russian mansion?
5. What happens in the deserted cemetery?
6. What internal battle is Ann Kimberly fighting as she participates in the counterattack?
7. What was Henry Kimberly's intentions for after the EMP strike?
8. What does Van Dorn reveal to the group about the Russian plan?
9. What do Kimberly and Abrams discuss on their jog through the park?
10. What is Henry Kimberly's attachment to his daughters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is expediency? What role does expediency play in the story? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book to support your answer, answer the following question: Which pairing of protagonist and antagonist is most important to the story, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer: How does Katherine Kimberly's memory of her father motivate her in her actions as a spy?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)