|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abrams makes a wrong turn on the way back upstairs in the Russian mansion, who does he run into?
2. When Abrams arrives at Long Island, who briefs him?
3. From where is an attache supposed to bring the Russians a message about the activities on July 4?
4. What is the name of the first Russian that the group sits with in the Russian mansion?
5. What does Claudia do to the man she sees when she arrives at the Russian mansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Henry Kimberly's intentions for after the EMP strike?
2. How does Joan appear to have more depth as a character than initially thought?
3. What does the Russian attache tell Ann Kimberly during the counterattack?
4. Why does Katherine Kimberly feel betrayed by her father?
5. What internal battle is Ann Kimberly fighting as she participates in the counterattack?
6. What does Karl Roth do at the Van Dorn's 4th of July party?
7. What do Kimberly and Abrams discuss on their jog through the park?
8. What will Abrams be doing, as his cover, when they go into the Russian embassy's mansion?
9. What are O'Brien's actions towards Henry Kimberly, and why?
10. What has Androv done to Van Dorn's telephone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a sociopath? Who in the story most resembles a sociopath, and why? What is the author's purpose in having a sociopathic character? Cite examples and actions from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Which death is most important to the story, and why? What does the death contribute to the other characters' motivations? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
There are several women in the book who do things only women can do. Pick two of the women below and discuss their roles in the book and how they are similar to/different from each other. Remember to use examples from the book to support your answer.
b. Ann Kimberly
c. Joan Grenville
d. Eleanor Wingate
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)