|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Abrams brief on the results of his reconnaissance in the Russian house?
2. Whom does Claudia demand to be taken to when she arrives in the Russian mansion?
3. What piece of equipment did Ann Kimberly seize in order to cripple the Russian plan?
4. Who leads the second group of men that appears to save Abrams and Kimberly?
5. Where is the communications room in the Russian mansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are O'Brien's actions towards Henry Kimberly, and why?
2. What will Abrams be doing, as his cover, when they go into the Russian embassy's mansion?
3. While the counterattack against the Russians begins, what is Van Dorn doing?
4. What happens to Abrams after he leaves the Russian mansion?
5. What does Van Dorn reveal to the group about the Russian plan?
6. What do Stanley and Joan do in the Russian mansion?
7. How does Joan appear to have more depth as a character than initially thought?
8. What does the Russian attache tell Ann Kimberly during the counterattack?
9. What happens in the deserted cemetery?
10. How does West win in his confrontation with Thorpe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using the examples from the story to support your answer, answer the following: What makes a good leader? Who in the story is the best leader?
Essay Topic 2
What is a sociopath? Who in the story most resembles a sociopath, and why? What is the author's purpose in having a sociopathic character? Cite examples and actions from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, answer the following question: Which pairing of protagonist and antagonist is most important to the story, and why?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)