|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Androv reroute Van Dorn's telephone calls to?
2. Joan Grenville and Stanley Kuchik crawl through what, in order to reach the basement of the Russian mansion?
3. Who planned to broadcast an inaugural address after the Russians attacked the U.S.?
4. Whom does Claudia demand to be taken to when she arrives in the Russian mansion?
5. What are the men who surround Abrams, Thorpe, and Kimberly dressed as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Androv done to Van Dorn's telephone?
2. When Abrams returns to the Van Dorn's party after his mission to the Russian mansion, what does he learn from Spinelli?
3. What do Stanley and Joan do in the Russian mansion?
4. What internal battle is Ann Kimberly fighting as she participates in the counterattack?
5. What do Kimberly and Abrams discuss on their jog through the park?
6. What does the Russian attache tell Ann Kimberly during the counterattack?
7. What does Van Dorn reveal to the group about the Russian plan?
8. What happens in the deserted cemetery?
9. What are O'Brien's actions towards Henry Kimberly, and why?
10. What is the goal of Abrams' mission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer, answer the following question: Which pairing of protagonist and antagonist is most important to the story, and why?
Essay Topic 2
The spies operate differently than the cops in the story. In what ways do the two sides operate differently, and what implications does this have in their search for Talbot? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Which death is most important to the story, and why? What does the death contribute to the other characters' motivations? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)