|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Talbot has followed Tom Grenville and the paratroopers out of the airplane?
2. When Thorpe pulls a gun on Abrams and Kimberly, what does Abrams do?
3. Where does Thorpe suggest that he, Abrams, and Kimberly jog?
4. What does West say is the reason that Thorpe needs to unstrap him?
5. What is the name of the first Russian that the group sits with in the Russian mansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Abrams after he leaves the Russian mansion?
2. How does West win in his confrontation with Thorpe?
3. What was Henry Kimberly's intentions for after the EMP strike?
4. When Abrams returns to the Van Dorn's party after his mission to the Russian mansion, what does he learn from Spinelli?
5. Why does Pembroke leave Thorpe unconscious in the cemetery?
6. Why does Katherine Kimberly feel betrayed by her father?
7. What do Stanley and Joan do in the Russian mansion?
8. What happens in the deserted cemetery?
9. What does Karl Roth do at the Van Dorn's 4th of July party?
10. What will Abrams be doing, as his cover, when they go into the Russian embassy's mansion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer, answer the following question: Which pairing of protagonist and antagonist is most important to the story, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What is faith? How is faith in other people shown and developed? What character in the book has the most faith in other people? How does this help or hinder the search for Talbot and the planning against the Russians? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is a sociopath? Who in the story most resembles a sociopath, and why? What is the author's purpose in having a sociopathic character? Cite examples and actions from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)