|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the poison that killed West?
2. When Abrams arrives at Long Island, who briefs him?
3. What word best describes Henry Kimberly's overall demeanor?
4. After Claudia seduces the man inside the Russian mansion, what does she do?
5. Van Dorn tries to call where, to tell someone of his suspicions that the Russians are planning an attack on the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. While the counterattack against the Russians begins, what is Van Dorn doing?
2. What are O'Brien's actions towards Henry Kimberly, and why?
3. What does the Russian attache tell Ann Kimberly during the counterattack?
4. Why does Pembroke leave Thorpe unconscious in the cemetery?
5. What has Androv done to Van Dorn's telephone?
6. What happens to Abrams after he leaves the Russian mansion?
7. What internal battle is Ann Kimberly fighting as she participates in the counterattack?
8. How does West win in his confrontation with Thorpe?
9. What do Kimberly and Abrams discuss on their jog through the park?
10. When Abrams returns to the Van Dorn's party after his mission to the Russian mansion, what does he learn from Spinelli?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is humanization? What does it mean when a character is humanized? Which character is the most humanized in the story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
The spies operate differently than the cops in the story. In what ways do the two sides operate differently, and what implications does this have in their search for Talbot? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of observations in the story? Do observations drive actions, or do actions drive observations? Who is observant, and who is being observed? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)