|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does O'Brien kill after he reveals himself to be Talbot?
2. Who can Van Dorn not get on the phone?
3. What does Claudia do to Maggie when Maggie tries to stop the food from being served?
4. How do Stanley and Joan seal the door to the shelter in the Russian basement?
5. Whom does Abrams brief on the results of his reconnaissance in the Russian house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Karl Roth do at the Van Dorn's 4th of July party?
2. What happens in the deserted cemetery?
3. What does the Russian attache tell Ann Kimberly during the counterattack?
4. When Abrams returns to the Van Dorn's party after his mission to the Russian mansion, what does he learn from Spinelli?
5. What is Henry Kimberly's attachment to his daughters?
6. What do Stanley and Joan do in the Russian mansion?
7. Why does Katherine Kimberly feel betrayed by her father?
8. Why does Pembroke leave Thorpe unconscious in the cemetery?
9. What are O'Brien's actions towards Henry Kimberly, and why?
10. What was Henry Kimberly's intentions for after the EMP strike?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using the examples from the story to support your answer, answer the following: What makes a good leader? Who in the story is the best leader?
Essay Topic 2
Which death is most important to the story, and why? What does the death contribute to the other characters' motivations? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the book, it is revealed that Henry Kimberly and O'Brien both want to be president. Which one would make the better president, and why? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)