|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nothing is what it seems to be is the ultimate lesson in what?
2. Whom does Claudia demand to be taken to when she arrives in the Russian mansion?
3. When Thorpe pulls a gun on Abrams and Kimberly, what does Abrams do?
4. After Stanley and Joan seal the door, what do they do?
5. What does West chew in order to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Kimberly and Abrams discuss on their jog through the park?
2. What does Karl Roth do at the Van Dorn's 4th of July party?
3. What is the goal of Abrams' mission?
4. What do Stanley and Joan do in the Russian mansion?
5. What does the Russian attache tell Ann Kimberly during the counterattack?
6. What has Androv done to Van Dorn's telephone?
7. When Abrams returns to the Van Dorn's party after his mission to the Russian mansion, what does he learn from Spinelli?
8. What happens to Abrams after he leaves the Russian mansion?
9. What will Abrams be doing, as his cover, when they go into the Russian embassy's mansion?
10. What was Henry Kimberly's intentions for after the EMP strike?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, describe how each of the following conflicts is used in the book:
a. Man versus Man
b. Man versus Self
c. Man versus Society
Essay Topic 2
What is a sociopath? Who in the story most resembles a sociopath, and why? What is the author's purpose in having a sociopathic character? Cite examples and actions from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is expediency? What role does expediency play in the story? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)