|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abrams board a train to Long Island?
2. What does Abrams shatter in a passage, so he can escape?
3. Where does Joan hide after she stabs the person in the Russian mansion?
4. Where is the communications room in the Russian mansion?
5. What does West chew in order to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pembroke leave Thorpe unconscious in the cemetery?
2. What internal battle is Ann Kimberly fighting as she participates in the counterattack?
3. Why does Katherine Kimberly feel betrayed by her father?
4. How does Joan appear to have more depth as a character than initially thought?
5. What will Abrams be doing, as his cover, when they go into the Russian embassy's mansion?
6. What was Henry Kimberly's intentions for after the EMP strike?
7. What happens in the deserted cemetery?
8. How does West win in his confrontation with Thorpe?
9. What does Karl Roth do at the Van Dorn's 4th of July party?
10. While the counterattack against the Russians begins, what is Van Dorn doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is faith? How is faith in other people shown and developed? What character in the book has the most faith in other people? How does this help or hinder the search for Talbot and the planning against the Russians? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the book, it is revealed that Henry Kimberly and O'Brien both want to be president. Which one would make the better president, and why? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, describe how each of the following conflicts is used in the book:
a. Man versus Man
b. Man versus Self
c. Man versus Society
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)