|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Stanley and Joan seal the door, what do they do?
2. What word best describes Henry Kimberly's overall demeanor?
3. What does Henry Kimberly offer his daughter, Katherine?
4. Van Dorn tries to call where, to tell someone of his suspicions that the Russians are planning an attack on the U.S.?
5. What was the poison that killed West?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Androv done to Van Dorn's telephone?
2. While the counterattack against the Russians begins, what is Van Dorn doing?
3. What do Stanley and Joan do in the Russian mansion?
4. What is Henry Kimberly's attachment to his daughters?
5. Why does Katherine Kimberly feel betrayed by her father?
6. What happens to Abrams after he leaves the Russian mansion?
7. What does Karl Roth do at the Van Dorn's 4th of July party?
8. When Abrams returns to the Van Dorn's party after his mission to the Russian mansion, what does he learn from Spinelli?
9. What was Henry Kimberly's intentions for after the EMP strike?
10. What internal battle is Ann Kimberly fighting as she participates in the counterattack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, describe the role of class in the book. Include descriptions of what is upper class/aristocracy and what is not. Be sure to include examples of who fits into each group and what role class plays in their character's actions.
Essay Topic 2
What are the three types of irony? Which type of irony was used best in the story, and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the book, it is revealed that Henry Kimberly and O'Brien both want to be president. Which one would make the better president, and why? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)