|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Katherine that her father is alive?
2. What does Abrams lose when passing through Russian security?
3. Where did Androv reroute Van Dorn's telephone calls to?
4. When Abrams arrives at Long Island, who briefs him?
5. What does Henry Kimberly offer his daughter, Katherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What internal battle is Ann Kimberly fighting as she participates in the counterattack?
2. What does Van Dorn reveal to the group about the Russian plan?
3. What are O'Brien's actions towards Henry Kimberly, and why?
4. What do Stanley and Joan do in the Russian mansion?
5. What is Henry Kimberly's attachment to his daughters?
6. How does West win in his confrontation with Thorpe?
7. While the counterattack against the Russians begins, what is Van Dorn doing?
8. When Abrams returns to the Van Dorn's party after his mission to the Russian mansion, what does he learn from Spinelli?
9. What happens to Abrams after he leaves the Russian mansion?
10. Why does Katherine Kimberly feel betrayed by her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, describe how each of the following conflicts is used in the book:
a. Man versus Man
b. Man versus Self
c. Man versus Society
Essay Topic 2
What is a sociopath? Who in the story most resembles a sociopath, and why? What is the author's purpose in having a sociopathic character? Cite examples and actions from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between Katherine Kimberly and Peter Thorpe about? What is the goal of each person in the relationship? How does their relationship shadow the relationship of the U.S. and Russians in the book? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)