|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of equipment did Ann Kimberly seize in order to cripple the Russian plan?
2. West nearly escapes, but what does Eva do to him?
3. Who tells Katherine that her father is alive?
4. Where did Androv reroute Van Dorn's telephone calls to?
5. What was the poison that killed West?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joan appear to have more depth as a character than initially thought?
2. Why does Katherine Kimberly feel betrayed by her father?
3. Why does Pembroke leave Thorpe unconscious in the cemetery?
4. What do Kimberly and Abrams discuss on their jog through the park?
5. What has Androv done to Van Dorn's telephone?
6. What does Karl Roth do at the Van Dorn's 4th of July party?
7. What will Abrams be doing, as his cover, when they go into the Russian embassy's mansion?
8. While the counterattack against the Russians begins, what is Van Dorn doing?
9. What was Henry Kimberly's intentions for after the EMP strike?
10. What are O'Brien's actions towards Henry Kimberly, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the three types of irony? Which type of irony was used best in the story, and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is humanization? What does it mean when a character is humanized? Which character is the most humanized in the story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of observations in the story? Do observations drive actions, or do actions drive observations? Who is observant, and who is being observed? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)