|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the second group of men that appears to save Abrams and Kimberly?
2. What kind of attack does Van Dorn believe the Russians are planning on the U.S.?
3. In which suite was West's body found?
4. What describes Henry Kimberly's reaction to hearing that his daughter was poisoned?
5. What does West chew in order to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What internal battle is Ann Kimberly fighting as she participates in the counterattack?
2. What happens to Abrams after he leaves the Russian mansion?
3. What do Kimberly and Abrams discuss on their jog through the park?
4. What is the goal of Abrams' mission?
5. What has Androv done to Van Dorn's telephone?
6. Why does Katherine Kimberly feel betrayed by her father?
7. When Abrams returns to the Van Dorn's party after his mission to the Russian mansion, what does he learn from Spinelli?
8. How does Joan appear to have more depth as a character than initially thought?
9. While the counterattack against the Russians begins, what is Van Dorn doing?
10. What happens in the deserted cemetery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is loyalty? What role does loyalty have in the plot? Who is the loyalest character? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Arnold Brin left a clue before he died. What was the clue? Based on your reading, what is the meaning of the clue? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, answer the following question: Which pairing of protagonist and antagonist is most important to the story, and why?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)