|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abrams leaves the Russians' house, where does he go?
2. Who surprises Claudia when she is about to shoot Androv?
3. How do Stanley and Joan seal the door to the shelter in the Russian basement?
4. Whom does O'Brien kill after he reveals himself to be Talbot?
5. Who leads the second group of men that appears to save Abrams and Kimberly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are O'Brien's actions towards Henry Kimberly, and why?
2. Why does Katherine Kimberly feel betrayed by her father?
3. What does Karl Roth do at the Van Dorn's 4th of July party?
4. What is the goal of Abrams' mission?
5. What is Henry Kimberly's attachment to his daughters?
6. What do Kimberly and Abrams discuss on their jog through the park?
7. What does Van Dorn reveal to the group about the Russian plan?
8. What has Androv done to Van Dorn's telephone?
9. What was Henry Kimberly's intentions for after the EMP strike?
10. While the counterattack against the Russians begins, what is Van Dorn doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the relationship between Katherine Kimberly and Peter Thorpe about? What is the goal of each person in the relationship? How does their relationship shadow the relationship of the U.S. and Russians in the book? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using the examples from the story to support your answer, answer the following: What makes a good leader? Who in the story is the best leader?
Essay Topic 3
What is a hero? Who is a hero in this story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)