|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Claudia demand to be taken to when she arrives in the Russian mansion?
2. Where does Abrams board a train to Long Island?
3. What is the signal that Abrams is supposed to give from the Russian house if there is trouble?
4. Whom does Pembroke shoot before seeing the face of Talbot?
5. Who can Van Dorn not get on the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Androv done to Van Dorn's telephone?
2. What are O'Brien's actions towards Henry Kimberly, and why?
3. What is the goal of Abrams' mission?
4. Why does Katherine Kimberly feel betrayed by her father?
5. What do Stanley and Joan do in the Russian mansion?
6. How does West win in his confrontation with Thorpe?
7. While the counterattack against the Russians begins, what is Van Dorn doing?
8. What happens in the deserted cemetery?
9. What happens to Abrams after he leaves the Russian mansion?
10. What does Van Dorn reveal to the group about the Russian plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, describe how each of the following conflicts is used in the book:
a. Man versus Man
b. Man versus Self
c. Man versus Society
Essay Topic 2
Using the examples from the story to support your answer, answer the following: What makes a good leader? Who in the story is the best leader?
Essay Topic 3
What is faith? How is faith in other people shown and developed? What character in the book has the most faith in other people? How does this help or hinder the search for Talbot and the planning against the Russians? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)