|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thorpe pulls a gun on Abrams and Kimberly, what does Abrams do?
2. Joan Grenville and Stanley Kuchik crawl through what, in order to reach the basement of the Russian mansion?
3. Who tells Katherine that her father is alive?
4. What happens to Thorpe when the second group of men appear to save Abrams and Kimberly?
5. Where does Thorpe suggest that he, Abrams, and Kimberly jog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Stanley and Joan do in the Russian mansion?
2. What happens to Abrams after he leaves the Russian mansion?
3. When Abrams returns to the Van Dorn's party after his mission to the Russian mansion, what does he learn from Spinelli?
4. While the counterattack against the Russians begins, what is Van Dorn doing?
5. What has Androv done to Van Dorn's telephone?
6. What happens in the deserted cemetery?
7. Why does Pembroke leave Thorpe unconscious in the cemetery?
8. What will Abrams be doing, as his cover, when they go into the Russian embassy's mansion?
9. What does Karl Roth do at the Van Dorn's 4th of July party?
10. What does Van Dorn reveal to the group about the Russian plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a hero? Who is a hero in this story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is a sociopath? Who in the story most resembles a sociopath, and why? What is the author's purpose in having a sociopathic character? Cite examples and actions from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Thorpe is described as manipulative. Having read the whole book, what actions did Thorpe take to manipulate people so that everyone believes he is working for the Americans? Why were those actions manipulative? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)