|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of the two people who take out the gate guards at the Russian mansion?
2. After Claudia seduces the man inside the Russian mansion, what does she do?
3. What does Karl Roth spray on the food for the Van Dorn's party?
4. In which suite was West's body found?
5. What does West say is the reason that Thorpe needs to unstrap him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Kimberly and Abrams discuss on their jog through the park?
2. What does the Russian attache tell Ann Kimberly during the counterattack?
3. What are O'Brien's actions towards Henry Kimberly, and why?
4. What does Karl Roth do at the Van Dorn's 4th of July party?
5. What is the goal of Abrams' mission?
6. What happens to Abrams after he leaves the Russian mansion?
7. What will Abrams be doing, as his cover, when they go into the Russian embassy's mansion?
8. How does West win in his confrontation with Thorpe?
9. How does Joan appear to have more depth as a character than initially thought?
10. What happens in the deserted cemetery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer: How does Katherine Kimberly's memory of her father motivate her in her actions as a spy?
Essay Topic 2
What is a hero? Who is a hero in this story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is humanization? What does it mean when a character is humanized? Which character is the most humanized in the story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)