|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forged the journal that has the Talbot information in it?
2. Peter Thorpe is an operative for what agency?
3. Where is Eleanor Wingate from?
4. Where does Kuchik crawl to hide from the Russian guards?
5. What did Thorpe and Abrams find in the Englishman's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thorpe do on board the plane he sneaked onto?
2. What does Kimberly discover in Carbury's file in the dead file room?
3. What does West know about Thorpe and his personality?
4. What is an "armchair spy"?
5. What do O'Brien's actions, in the first part of the story, say about his character?
6. Who is Nicholas West?
7. What do Tony Abrams and Patrick O'Brien discuss at their first meeting?
8. What do the interactions of the guests reveal about Katherine Kimberly and Marc Pembroke?
9. What fears does Kimberly share with O'Brien?
10. What is Thorpe's interrogation technique that he uses on West?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a hero? Who is a hero in this story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
There are several women in the book who do things only women can do. Pick two of the women below and discuss their roles in the book and how they are similar to/different from each other. Remember to use examples from the book to support your answer.
b. Ann Kimberly
c. Joan Grenville
d. Eleanor Wingate
Essay Topic 3
What is expediency? What role does expediency play in the story? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)