|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If West gives in to Thorpe's interrogation, what might West betray?
2. What kind of spy is Kimberly?
3. To meet with Abrams, to where does Kimberly jog?
4. Whom does Thorpe tell O'Brien he is working for?
5. On what day in May did Tony Abrams and Patrick O'Brien meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will Abrams be able to hide in plain sight at the firm's functions?
2. Who is Eleanor Wingate?
3. Who is Talbot?
4. What are Thorpe's intentions when torturing West?
5. What drives Thorpe's actions?
6. What do O'Brien's actions, in the first part of the story, say about his character?
7. What is O'Brien's role in the journal with the Talbot information?
8. What happens to Abrams on the roof of the firm's town home?
9. What do Tony Abrams and Patrick O'Brien discuss at their first meeting?
10. What about Thorpe points to his being a sociopath?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the book, it is revealed that Henry Kimberly and O'Brien both want to be president. Which one would make the better president, and why? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is a hero? Who is a hero in this story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer: How does Katherine Kimberly's memory of her father motivate her in her actions as a spy?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)