Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Russian embassy own in Glen Cove, Long Island?
2. What does Abrams chastise Kimberly about before they dance?
3. When Kimberly and Abrams are approached by the two men in the park, what do they do?
4. Where do the inner circle of armchair spies go to discuss the events of the evening?
5. An upstairs room in Thorpe's residence is filled with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does West know about Thorpe and his personality?
2. Who is Claudia?
3. Why does Pembroke leave Thorpe unconscious in the cemetery?
4. What information does O'Brien pass to Abrams by telephone after the party?
5. What does Van Dorn reveal to the group about the Russian plan?
6. How are Kimberly's actions, in the realm of espionage, that of an amateur?
7. When Thorpe enters the main dining room, what does Abrams say?
8. What happens to Abrams on the roof of the firm's town home?
9. How does West win in his confrontation with Thorpe?
10. What are Kimberly and Abrams doing together after going to the midtown office?
Essay Topic 1
Arnold Brin left a clue before he died. What was the clue? Based on your reading, what is the meaning of the clue? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, describe how each of the following conflicts is used in the book:
a. Man versus Man
b. Man versus Self
c. Man versus Society
Essay Topic 3
Which death is most important to the story, and why? What does the death contribute to the other characters' motivations? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)