|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of spy is Kimberly?
2. What is the nationality of Abrams' family?
3. What is Thorpe's reason for working for his boss?
4. Who is the NYPD captain that Abrams calls to tell about the events of the evening?
5. How many detectives are helping Abrams watch Carbury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thorpe do on board the plane he sneaked onto?
2. What does Karl Roth do at the Van Dorn's 4th of July party?
3. What does Abrams find when he gets into Carbury's room?
4. What did Arnold Brin do before he was murdered?
5. How does Joan appear to have more depth as a character than initially thought?
6. What is the goal of Abrams' mission?
7. Who is Claudia?
8. How, according to Abrams, can Kimberly cripple the investigation of Talbot?
9. Who is Eleanor Wingate?
10. What do the interactions of the guests reveal about Katherine Kimberly and Marc Pembroke?
Essay Topic 1
There are several women in the book who do things only women can do. Pick two of the women below and discuss their roles in the book and how they are similar to/different from each other. Remember to use examples from the book to support your answer.
b. Ann Kimberly
c. Joan Grenville
d. Eleanor Wingate
Essay Topic 2
What is a hero? Who is a hero in this story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Arnold Brin left a clue before he died. What was the clue? Based on your reading, what is the meaning of the clue? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)