|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Abrams that Eleanor Wingate is dead?
2. When Thorpe arrives at the event, who does he immediately run into?
3. What relationship does Patrick O'Brien have with Kimberly?
4. When Kimberly and Abrams are approached by the two men in the park, what do they do?
5. Where does Thorpe have a suite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fears does Kimberly share with O'Brien?
2. What does Kimberly want to do in the midtown office the day after the party?
3. What is Thorpe's interrogation technique that he uses on West?
4. Who is Talbot?
5. What does Thorpe do on board the plane he sneaked onto?
6. What do O'Brien's actions, in the first part of the story, say about his character?
7. What are Thorpe's intentions when torturing West?
8. Why will Abrams be able to hide in plain sight at the firm's functions?
9. Who is Nicholas West?
10. What is the difference between the way the spies and the cops think about investigation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer, answer the following question: Which pairing of protagonist and antagonist is most important to the story, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Thorpe is described as manipulative. Having read the whole book, what actions did Thorpe take to manipulate people so that everyone believes he is working for the Americans? Why were those actions manipulative? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Arnold Brin left a clue before he died. What was the clue? Based on your reading, what is the meaning of the clue? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)