|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thorpe plan to interrogate Katherine Kimberly?
2. What is the best description of Claudia?
3. When Abrams finds out that Thorpe's wife had a boating accident, he is also told there were how many more dead bodies found?
4. What does the Russian embassy own in Glen Cove, Long Island?
5. Thorpe confesses to West that he works for whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Kimberly and Abrams doing together after going to the midtown office?
2. What are Thorpe's intentions when torturing West?
3. What does Abrams suspect about Thorpe?
4. What does Thorpe tell West when he calls West after dealing with O'Brien?
5. What does Kimberly discover in Carbury's file in the dead file room?
6. Who is Claudia?
7. What does West plan to do, while he is being tortured by Thorpe?
8. What does Abrams learn from Spinelli after leaving Kimberly's house?
9. What does the bartender at the University Club tell Thorpe?
10. Who is Talbot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a sociopath? Who in the story most resembles a sociopath, and why? What is the author's purpose in having a sociopathic character? Cite examples and actions from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Arnold Brin left a clue before he died. What was the clue? Based on your reading, what is the meaning of the clue? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, answer the following question: Which pairing of protagonist and antagonist is most important to the story, and why?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)