|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thorpe's residence doubles as what?
2. Who will be speaking at the dinner on behalf of James Allerton?
3. What nationality is Claudia?
4. What are Kimberly and Abrams doing while they are jogging?
5. Thorpe sneaks on board the plane and knocks whom unconscious?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Thorpe's interrogation technique that he uses on West?
2. Why will Abrams be able to hide in plain sight at the firm's functions?
3. What does Thorpe do on board the plane he sneaked onto?
4. What drives Thorpe's actions?
5. What are Thorpe's intentions when torturing West?
6. What is an "armchair spy"?
7. What does Kimberly discover in Carbury's file in the dead file room?
8. What does Abrams find when he gets into Carbury's room?
9. Who is Nicholas West?
10. What fears does Kimberly share with O'Brien?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several women in the book who do things only women can do. Pick two of the women below and discuss their roles in the book and how they are similar to/different from each other. Remember to use examples from the book to support your answer.
b. Ann Kimberly
c. Joan Grenville
d. Eleanor Wingate
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book to support your answer, answer the following question: Which pairing of protagonist and antagonist is most important to the story, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What are the three types of irony? Which type of irony was used best in the story, and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)