|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After meeting Claudia, who does Abrams have a drink with?
2. What does Kimberly fear has happened to Carbury?
3. Peter Thorpe is an operative for what agency?
4. Who told Abrams that Eleanor Wingate is dead?
5. When Kimberly and Abrams are approached by the two men in the park, what do they do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does O'Brien pass to Abrams by telephone after the party?
2. How is Katherine, as a character, humanized?
3. What are Thorpe's intentions when torturing West?
4. What happens when West tries to kill himself with the pipe?
5. What does Abrams find when he gets into Carbury's room?
6. What does West plan to do, while he is being tortured by Thorpe?
7. What does Abrams suspect about Thorpe?
8. Who is Ann Kimberly?
9. Why will Abrams be able to hide in plain sight at the firm's functions?
10. What do Tony Abrams and Patrick O'Brien discuss at their first meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, describe how each of the following conflicts is used in the book:
a. Man versus Man
b. Man versus Self
c. Man versus Society
Essay Topic 2
What is loyalty? What role does loyalty have in the plot? Who is the loyalest character? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of observations in the story? Do observations drive actions, or do actions drive observations? Who is observant, and who is being observed? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)