|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To meet with Abrams, to where does Kimberly jog?
2. Before Kimberly and Abrams go on their jog, what do they do?
3. Who does Kimberly share Wingate's letter with?
4. What does Carbury have stored in a safe?
5. What does the government think about the O'Brien law firm's activities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is O'Brien's role in the journal with the Talbot information?
2. What do Tony Abrams and Patrick O'Brien discuss at their first meeting?
3. What are some actions that Kimberly takes to show she does not trust Thorpe?
4. Who is Ann Kimberly?
5. Why will Abrams be able to hide in plain sight at the firm's functions?
6. How are Kimberly's actions, in the realm of espionage, that of an amateur?
7. What does West plan to do, while he is being tortured by Thorpe?
8. What does Thorpe do on board the plane he sneaked onto?
9. What do O'Brien's actions, in the first part of the story, say about his character?
10. Who is Nicholas West?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a sociopath? Who in the story most resembles a sociopath, and why? What is the author's purpose in having a sociopathic character? Cite examples and actions from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is humanization? What does it mean when a character is humanized? Which character is the most humanized in the story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three types of irony? Which type of irony was used best in the story, and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)