|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Kimberly confide in about her father's death?
2. What does Abrams think of Thorpe?
3. Thorpe confesses to West that he works for whom?
4. Where does Kuchik crawl to hide from the Russian guards?
5. Instead of thinking like a spy, Abrams thinks like what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abrams learn from Spinelli after leaving Kimberly's house?
2. Who is Talbot?
3. Who is Ann Kimberly?
4. What do the interactions of the guests reveal about Katherine Kimberly and Marc Pembroke?
5. What does Kimberly discover in Carbury's file in the dead file room?
6. What is O'Brien's role in the journal with the Talbot information?
7. What does Abrams suspect about Thorpe?
8. What does Thorpe do on board the plane he sneaked onto?
9. What is the difference between the way the spies and the cops think about investigation?
10. Who is Eleanor Wingate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is loyalty? What role does loyalty have in the plot? Who is the loyalest character? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book to support your answer: How does Katherine Kimberly's memory of her father motivate her in her actions as a spy?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, describe how each of the following conflicts is used in the book:
a. Man versus Man
b. Man versus Self
c. Man versus Society
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)