|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kimberly fear has happened to Carbury?
2. Who sits at the same table as Kimberly and Thorpe at the black tie event?
3. Abrams is, as a police detective, used to relying on what?
4. In what type of building is the black tie party being held?
5. Thorpe's residence doubles as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will Abrams be able to hide in plain sight at the firm's functions?
2. What does West know about Thorpe and his personality?
3. What does Abrams suspect about Thorpe?
4. Who is Ann Kimberly?
5. Who is Nicholas West?
6. What about Thorpe points to his being a sociopath?
7. What did Arnold Brin do before he was murdered?
8. What does West find when he returns to his room after Thorpe's call?
9. Why is Thorpe hostile to Abrams?
10. How are Kimberly's actions, in the realm of espionage, that of an amateur?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of observations in the story? Do observations drive actions, or do actions drive observations? Who is observant, and who is being observed? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
There are several women in the book who do things only women can do. Pick two of the women below and discuss their roles in the book and how they are similar to/different from each other. Remember to use examples from the book to support your answer.
b. Ann Kimberly
c. Joan Grenville
d. Eleanor Wingate
Essay Topic 3
What are the three types of irony? Which type of irony was used best in the story, and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)