|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abrams mentions his suspicions of Thorpe, what does Kimberly do?
2. Where is Eleanor Wingate from?
3. Which book's call number is written near the dead body, outside the file room?
4. Thorpe's residence doubles as what?
5. What are Kimberly and Abrams doing while they are jogging?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fears does Kimberly share with O'Brien?
2. What happens to Abrams on the roof of the firm's town home?
3. What is O'Brien's role in the journal with the Talbot information?
4. Who is Eleanor Wingate?
5. What do Tony Abrams and Patrick O'Brien discuss at their first meeting?
6. How is Katherine, as a character, humanized?
7. What is Thorpe's interrogation technique that he uses on West?
8. What does the bartender at the University Club tell Thorpe?
9. What are Kimberly and Abrams doing together after going to the midtown office?
10. Why will Abrams be able to hide in plain sight at the firm's functions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which death is most important to the story, and why? What does the death contribute to the other characters' motivations? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is a sociopath? Who in the story most resembles a sociopath, and why? What is the author's purpose in having a sociopathic character? Cite examples and actions from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
There are several women in the book who do things only women can do. Pick two of the women below and discuss their roles in the book and how they are similar to/different from each other. Remember to use examples from the book to support your answer.
b. Ann Kimberly
c. Joan Grenville
d. Eleanor Wingate
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)