|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abram's parents were American _______ labor sympathizers.
2. Where do the inner circle of armchair spies go to discuss the events of the evening?
3. How many detectives are helping Abrams watch Carbury?
4. What word best describes Jane Grenville?
5. If Thorpe does not get information from West, what might his handlers think?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Eleanor Wingate?
2. What does Kimberly discover in Carbury's file in the dead file room?
3. What does West find when he returns to his room after Thorpe's call?
4. What did Arnold Brin do before he was murdered?
5. What does Abrams suspect about Thorpe?
6. Who is Talbot?
7. Who is Claudia?
8. What does Kimberly want to do in the midtown office the day after the party?
9. What happens to Abrams on the roof of the firm's town home?
10. Who is Nicholas West?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book to support your answer: How does Katherine Kimberly's memory of her father motivate her in her actions as a spy?
Essay Topic 2
What is humanization? What does it mean when a character is humanized? Which character is the most humanized in the story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
There are several women in the book who do things only women can do. Pick two of the women below and discuss their roles in the book and how they are similar to/different from each other. Remember to use examples from the book to support your answer.
b. Ann Kimberly
c. Joan Grenville
d. Eleanor Wingate
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)