|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the government think about the O'Brien law firm's activities?
2. West and Abrams share the belief that Thorpe is what?
3. Who will be speaking at the dinner on behalf of James Allerton?
4. Where did Abrams and O'Brien meet in May?
5. How old was Katherine when her father died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the way the spies and the cops think about investigation?
2. What is an "armchair spy"?
3. Who is Nicholas West?
4. What fears does Kimberly share with O'Brien?
5. What is Thorpe's interrogation technique that he uses on West?
6. Who is Talbot?
7. Why will Abrams be able to hide in plain sight at the firm's functions?
8. What does West plan to do, while he is being tortured by Thorpe?
9. How, according to Abrams, can Kimberly cripple the investigation of Talbot?
10. What did Arnold Brin do before he was murdered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of observations in the story? Do observations drive actions, or do actions drive observations? Who is observant, and who is being observed? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is expediency? What role does expediency play in the story? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the book, it is revealed that Henry Kimberly and O'Brien both want to be president. Which one would make the better president, and why? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)