|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits at the same table as Kimberly and Thorpe at the black tie event?
2. What does Abrams chastise Kimberly about before they dance?
3. What does Thorpe inject into O'Brien?
4. What best describes Thorpe, according to West?
5. What agency does Ann Kimberly work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fears does Kimberly share with O'Brien?
2. What is Thorpe's interrogation technique that he uses on West?
3. What does West find when he returns to his room after Thorpe's call?
4. What does Abrams suspect about Thorpe?
5. What is an "armchair spy"?
6. What happens when West tries to kill himself with the pipe?
7. What does Kimberly want to do in the midtown office the day after the party?
8. What does West plan to do, while he is being tortured by Thorpe?
9. Why is Thorpe hostile to Abrams?
10. What does Abrams learn from Spinelli after leaving Kimberly's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a hero? Who is a hero in this story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book to support your answer, answer the following question: Which pairing of protagonist and antagonist is most important to the story, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What are the three types of irony? Which type of irony was used best in the story, and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)