|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Abrams spend the night when he leaves the party?
2. When Kimberly and Abrams arrive at the file room, who do they find dead?
3. Why did Kimberly wake up Abrams?
4. What does Abrams slip into a pillowcase that he carries to the roof?
5. Who asked Carbury to find and kill Talbot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when West tries to kill himself with the pipe?
2. What information does O'Brien pass to Abrams by telephone after the party?
3. When Thorpe enters the main dining room, what does Abrams say?
4. What is an "armchair spy"?
5. What does the bartender at the University Club tell Thorpe?
6. What happens to Abrams on the roof of the firm's town home?
7. What is Thorpe's interrogation technique that he uses on West?
8. What fears does Kimberly share with O'Brien?
9. What is O'Brien's role in the journal with the Talbot information?
10. What does Kimberly discover in Carbury's file in the dead file room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thorpe is described as manipulative. Having read the whole book, what actions did Thorpe take to manipulate people so that everyone believes he is working for the Americans? Why were those actions manipulative? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
There are several women in the book who do things only women can do. Pick two of the women below and discuss their roles in the book and how they are similar to/different from each other. Remember to use examples from the book to support your answer.
b. Ann Kimberly
c. Joan Grenville
d. Eleanor Wingate
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer: How does Katherine Kimberly's memory of her father motivate her in her actions as a spy?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)