|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the government think about the O'Brien law firm's activities?
2. If West gives in to Thorpe's interrogation, what might West betray?
3. What does Thorpe inject into O'Brien?
4. Abrams is going to an event to honor former OSS and ______ Intelligence officers.
5. What happens to O'Brien when he leaves the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the interactions of the guests reveal about Katherine Kimberly and Marc Pembroke?
2. When Thorpe enters the main dining room, what does Abrams say?
3. What happens to Abrams on the roof of the firm's town home?
4. What does Abrams suspect about Thorpe?
5. What does Thorpe do on board the plane he sneaked onto?
6. Why will Abrams be able to hide in plain sight at the firm's functions?
7. What happens when West tries to kill himself with the pipe?
8. What are some actions that Kimberly takes to show she does not trust Thorpe?
9. What does Kimberly want to do in the midtown office the day after the party?
10. How are Kimberly's actions, in the realm of espionage, that of an amateur?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The spies operate differently than the cops in the story. In what ways do the two sides operate differently, and what implications does this have in their search for Talbot? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, describe the role of class in the book. Include descriptions of what is upper class/aristocracy and what is not. Be sure to include examples of who fits into each group and what role class plays in their character's actions.
Essay Topic 3
There are several women in the book who do things only women can do. Pick two of the women below and discuss their roles in the book and how they are similar to/different from each other. Remember to use examples from the book to support your answer.
b. Ann Kimberly
c. Joan Grenville
d. Eleanor Wingate
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)