|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kimberly ask to check on Carbury when he does not show up at dinner?
2. Who gave West fail-safe devices?
3. Who is the NYPD captain that Abrams calls to tell about the events of the evening?
4. Who forged the journal that has the Talbot information in it?
5. How old was Katherine when her father died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an "armchair spy"?
2. While the counterattack against the Russians begins, what is Van Dorn doing?
3. Why does Pembroke leave Thorpe unconscious in the cemetery?
4. What does Van Dorn reveal to the group about the Russian plan?
5. What does Thorpe tell West when he calls West after dealing with O'Brien?
6. How does West win in his confrontation with Thorpe?
7. What do Stanley and Joan do in the Russian mansion?
8. What happens to Abrams after he leaves the Russian mansion?
9. Why is Thorpe hostile to Abrams?
10. What will Abrams be doing, as his cover, when they go into the Russian embassy's mansion?
Essay Topic 1
Arnold Brin left a clue before he died. What was the clue? Based on your reading, what is the meaning of the clue? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using the examples from the story to support your answer, answer the following: What makes a good leader? Who in the story is the best leader?
Essay Topic 3
What is humanization? What does it mean when a character is humanized? Which character is the most humanized in the story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 1,238 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)