|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the inner circle of armchair spies go to discuss the events of the evening?
2. Who is the second person that Kimberly shared news of her information on Talbot with?
3. Thorpe sneaks on board the plane and knocks whom unconscious?
4. Who promised to go under cover into the Russians' mansion on July 4?
5. What is on Thorpe's cuff when he sits down at the table with Kimberly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Kimberly and Abrams doing together after going to the midtown office?
2. How are Kimberly's actions, in the realm of espionage, that of an amateur?
3. Who is Nicholas West?
4. How is Katherine, as a character, humanized?
5. What did Arnold Brin do before he was murdered?
6. What fears does Kimberly share with O'Brien?
7. What is O'Brien's role in the journal with the Talbot information?
8. What is an "armchair spy"?
9. What does West plan to do, while he is being tortured by Thorpe?
10. Who is Claudia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is humanization? What does it mean when a character is humanized? Which character is the most humanized in the story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
The spies operate differently than the cops in the story. In what ways do the two sides operate differently, and what implications does this have in their search for Talbot? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Thorpe is described as manipulative. Having read the whole book, what actions did Thorpe take to manipulate people so that everyone believes he is working for the Americans? Why were those actions manipulative? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)