|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best description of Claudia?
2. Who has protected and guided Kimberly throughout her life?
3. What does the government think about the O'Brien law firm's activities?
4. What happens to O'Brien when he leaves the plane?
5. Whom does Thorpe tell O'Brien he is working for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does O'Brien pass to Abrams by telephone after the party?
2. What does Abrams suspect about Thorpe?
3. What fears does Kimberly share with O'Brien?
4. How are Kimberly's actions, in the realm of espionage, that of an amateur?
5. How is Katherine, as a character, humanized?
6. What are some actions that Kimberly takes to show she does not trust Thorpe?
7. What about Thorpe points to his being a sociopath?
8. What do O'Brien's actions, in the first part of the story, say about his character?
9. What happens when West tries to kill himself with the pipe?
10. What are Kimberly and Abrams doing together after going to the midtown office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several women in the book who do things only women can do. Pick two of the women below and discuss their roles in the book and how they are similar to/different from each other. Remember to use examples from the book to support your answer.
b. Ann Kimberly
c. Joan Grenville
d. Eleanor Wingate
Essay Topic 2
What is a hero? Who is a hero in this story? Why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, describe the role of class in the book. Include descriptions of what is upper class/aristocracy and what is not. Be sure to include examples of who fits into each group and what role class plays in their character's actions.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)