|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of spy is Kimberly?
2. What does Thorpe tell West that West's fiancee did?
3. Thorpe tells West that the CIA would rather ____ him than retire him.
4. Who told Abrams that Eleanor Wingate is dead?
5. What agency does Ann Kimberly work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does West plan to do, while he is being tortured by Thorpe?
2. What are some actions that Kimberly takes to show she does not trust Thorpe?
3. What did Abrams promise to do on July 4?
4. Why does Katherine Kimberly feel betrayed by her father?
5. What do Tony Abrams and Patrick O'Brien discuss at their first meeting?
6. What does Kimberly want to do in the midtown office the day after the party?
7. What are Kimberly and Abrams doing together after going to the midtown office?
8. What do Kimberly and Abrams discuss on their jog through the park?
9. Who is Eleanor Wingate?
10. What does Karl Roth do at the Van Dorn's 4th of July party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the book, it is revealed that Henry Kimberly and O'Brien both want to be president. Which one would make the better president, and why? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is faith? How is faith in other people shown and developed? What character in the book has the most faith in other people? How does this help or hinder the search for Talbot and the planning against the Russians? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, describe the role of class in the book. Include descriptions of what is upper class/aristocracy and what is not. Be sure to include examples of who fits into each group and what role class plays in their character's actions.
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)