|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of West's fiancee?
2. What word best describes Jane Grenville?
3. Who does Joan Grenville flirt with at the May Day party?
4. What does Abrams think of Thorpe?
5. What status does Claudia hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Kimberly's actions, in the realm of espionage, that of an amateur?
2. What does Abrams find when he gets into Carbury's room?
3. What is Thorpe's interrogation technique that he uses on West?
4. What does Abrams learn from Spinelli after leaving Kimberly's house?
5. What do O'Brien's actions, in the first part of the story, say about his character?
6. What fears does Kimberly share with O'Brien?
7. What does Kimberly want to do in the midtown office the day after the party?
8. How is Katherine, as a character, humanized?
9. What do the interactions of the guests reveal about Katherine Kimberly and Marc Pembroke?
10. What drives Thorpe's actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the three types of irony? Which type of irony was used best in the story, and why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is faith? How is faith in other people shown and developed? What character in the book has the most faith in other people? How does this help or hinder the search for Talbot and the planning against the Russians? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, answer the following question: Which pairing of protagonist and antagonist is most important to the story, and why?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)