|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does West chew in order to die?
(a) His hair.
(b) His arm.
(c) His nails.
(d) His clothing.
2. What is the signal that Abrams is supposed to give from the Russian house if there is trouble?
(a) Flashing headlights.
(b) Setting off an alarm.
(c) A flashing light in a window.
3. A team of ________ plan to parachute onto the Russian mansion roof.
(a) Vietnam-Era paratroopers.
(b) World War Two paratroopers.
(c) 82nd Airborne Division paratroopers.
(d) 101st Airborne Division paratroopers.
4. Who can Van Dorn not get on the phone?
(a) His colleagues from the Pentagon.
(b) Anyone at the national security advisor's office.
(c) Anyone at the military base nearby.
(d) Anyone at the White House.
5. What kind of supplies are in Van Dorn's basement?
(a) Emergency medical supplies.
(b) Supplies of fuel.
(c) Bulletproof vests.
(d) Weapons supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abrams lose when passing through Russian security?
2. How do Stanley and Joan seal the door to the shelter in the Russian basement?
3. When Abrams arrives at Long Island, who briefs him?
4. Van Dorn tries to call where, to tell someone of his suspicions that the Russians are planning an attack on the U.S.?
5. What kind of attack does Van Dorn believe the Russians are planning on the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Henry Kimberly's intentions for after the EMP strike?
2. What is Henry Kimberly's attachment to his daughters?
3. While the counterattack against the Russians begins, what is Van Dorn doing?
4. What does the Russian attache tell Ann Kimberly during the counterattack?
5. What will Abrams be doing, as his cover, when they go into the Russian embassy's mansion?
6. How does Joan appear to have more depth as a character than initially thought?
7. What does Van Dorn reveal to the group about the Russian plan?
8. What happens in the deserted cemetery?
9. What happens to Abrams after he leaves the Russian mansion?
10. Why does Pembroke leave Thorpe unconscious in the cemetery?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)