|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Russian embassy own in Glen Cove, Long Island?
(a) A house.
(b) A mansion.
(c) Some land.
(d) A country club.
2. What does Abrams chastise Kimberly about before they dance?
(a) Worrying about Carbury.
(b) Having a relationship with Thorpe.
(c) Being so trusting.
(d) Casting suspicion all around her.
3. When Kimberly and Abrams are approached by the two men in the park, what do they do?
(a) Call for backup.
(b) Stand very still.
(c) Run away.
(d) Draw their weapons.
4. Where do the inner circle of armchair spies go to discuss the events of the evening?
(a) A smoking room upstairs.
(b) A conference room down the hall.
(c) A billiards room downstairs.
(d) A pub across the street.
5. An upstairs room in Thorpe's residence is filled with what?
(a) Security equipment.
(b) Television monitors.
(c) Video equipment.
(d) Spy equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does West find when he returns to his rooms after talking with Thorpe?
2. What does Abrams slip into a pillowcase that he carries to the roof?
3. To meet with Abrams, to where does Kimberly jog?
4. When Thorpe arrives at the event, who does he immediately run into?
5. What does Kimberly fear has happened to Carbury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does West know about Thorpe and his personality?
2. Who is Claudia?
3. Why does Pembroke leave Thorpe unconscious in the cemetery?
4. What information does O'Brien pass to Abrams by telephone after the party?
5. What does Van Dorn reveal to the group about the Russian plan?
6. How are Kimberly's actions, in the realm of espionage, that of an amateur?
7. When Thorpe enters the main dining room, what does Abrams say?
8. What happens to Abrams on the roof of the firm's town home?
9. How does West win in his confrontation with Thorpe?
10. What are Kimberly and Abrams doing together after going to the midtown office?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)