|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thorpe unable to control?
(a) His suspicions.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His drinking.
(d) His temper.
2. After meeting Claudia, who does Abrams have a drink with?
(a) Mark and Dani Madison.
(b) Tom and Jane Grenville.
(c) Hank and Juliet Frankfurt.
(d) Chris and Nadia Lankier.
3. Who propositions Abrams after the party, while he is in the study drinking?
(c) Joan Grenville.
(d) Emily Van Dorn.
4. What are Kimberly and Abrams doing while they are jogging?
(a) Making decoys out of themselves.
(b) Taking a break from being spies.
(c) Wondering if they should be together.
(d) Airing their suspicions about each other.
5. When Abrams mentions his suspicions of Thorpe, what does Kimberly do?
(a) Mention her suspicions about him as well.
(b) Not defend Thorpe.
(c) Not say anything at all.
(d) Defends Thorpe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kimberly share Wingate's letter with?
2. What does Carbury have stored in a safe?
3. What word best describes Jane Grenville?
4. What is Kuchik trying to steal from the Russian estate?
5. What does the Russian embassy own in Glen Cove, Long Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some actions that Kimberly takes to show she does not trust Thorpe?
2. What do the interactions of the guests reveal about Katherine Kimberly and Marc Pembroke?
3. Who is Claudia?
4. What is the difference between the way the spies and the cops think about investigation?
5. What does Abrams learn from Spinelli after leaving Kimberly's house?
6. What does West know about Thorpe and his personality?
7. What does Kimberly want to do in the midtown office the day after the party?
8. What about Thorpe points to his being a sociopath?
9. What are Thorpe's intentions when torturing West?
10. What do O'Brien's actions, in the first part of the story, say about his character?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)