|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. West and Abrams share the belief that Thorpe is what?
(a) A good man.
(b) A deluded man.
(c) A bad man.
(d) A deranged man.
2. Who does Joan Grenville flirt with at the May Day party?
(b) Van Dorn.
3. Whom did Eleanor Wingate have an affair with?
(a) The President's adviser.
(b) Arnold's mother.
(c) Katherine's father.
(d) A Russian spy.
4. What relationship does Patrick O'Brien have with Kimberly?
5. What does Abrams think of Thorpe?
(a) That he is Talbot.
(b) That he has no loyalty to anyone but himself.
(c) That he is loyal to the United States.
(d) That he is a very professional spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kuchik trying to steal from the Russian estate?
2. West knows, by way of his access to Thorpe's psychological profile, that Thorpe seeks what?
3. What religion is Abrams?
4. Who does Kimberly ask to check on Carbury when he does not show up at dinner?
5. Where is Eleanor Wingate from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Nicholas West?
2. What does West plan to do, while he is being tortured by Thorpe?
3. What does Thorpe tell West when he calls West after dealing with O'Brien?
4. What drives Thorpe's actions?
5. What happens to Abrams on the roof of the firm's town home?
6. What are some actions that Kimberly takes to show she does not trust Thorpe?
7. Who is Eleanor Wingate?
8. What information does O'Brien pass to Abrams by telephone after the party?
9. What is an "armchair spy"?
10. What do Tony Abrams and Patrick O'Brien discuss at their first meeting?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)