|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Katherine's father?
2. What relationship does James Allerton have to Thorpe?
(a) Adopted father.
(c) Adopted uncle.
3. Where does Thorpe have a suite?
(a) Lombardy Hotel.
(b) Watergate building.
(c) Gettysburg Hotel.
(d) L'Enfant Plaza.
4. Who gave West fail-safe devices?
(b) The O'Brien firm.
5. On what day in May did Tony Abrams and Patrick O'Brien meet?
(a) May 5.
(b) May 1.
(c) May 10.
(d) May 11.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Thorpe does not get information from West, what might his handlers think?
2. What does Abrams chastise Kimberly about before they dance?
3. Who does Abrams notify of the dead burglar outside the next morning?
4. How many detectives are helping Abrams watch Carbury?
5. Which book's call number is written near the dead body, outside the file room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an "armchair spy"?
2. What does Thorpe do on board the plane he sneaked onto?
3. Why will Abrams be able to hide in plain sight at the firm's functions?
4. What did Abrams promise to do on July 4?
5. What does West find when he returns to his room after Thorpe's call?
6. What do Tony Abrams and Patrick O'Brien discuss at their first meeting?
7. What does Abrams learn from Spinelli after leaving Kimberly's house?
8. What fears does Kimberly share with O'Brien?
9. What does Abrams suspect about Thorpe?
10. What do the interactions of the guests reveal about Katherine Kimberly and Marc Pembroke?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)