|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Colonel Carbury staying?
(a) At the Marriott.
(b) At the Johnson house.
(c) At the University Club.
(d) At the Watergate Hotel.
2. How did Eleanor Wingate die?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) In a skiing accident.
(c) In a fire.
3. What does Thorpe use to tell West it is an emergency?
(a) A different name.
(b) A special pager.
(c) A secret code word.
(d) A special telephone number.
4. Abrams worked for the NYPD in what capacity?
(a) Internal affairs.
(b) Beat cop.
5. Whom did Eleanor Wingate have an affair with?
(a) A Russian spy.
(b) The President's adviser.
(c) Arnold's mother.
(d) Katherine's father.
6. What is the first way that West tried to kill himself?
(a) Eating a poisoned cookie.
(b) Taking a poison pill.
(c) Smoking a poisoned pipe.
(d) Putting poison on his skin.
7. What does the government think about the O'Brien law firm's activities?
(a) It tries to shut them down.
(b) It encourages them.
(c) It supports them.
(d) It does not endorse them.
8. Where does Thorpe intend to take West?
(a) To the Americans.
(b) To the Russians.
(c) To a safe house.
(d) To his interrogation room.
9. What does Thorpe do to West when West tells the truth during interrogation?
(a) Eva gives him a massage.
(b) Eva gets him something to drink.
(d) Lets him move around.
10. Which office of the O'Brien law firm do Abrams and Kimberly visit the morning after the burglars?
(a) The downtown office.
(b) The lobbying office.
(c) The midtown office.
(d) The secret office.
11. Abrams is baffled by the group's willingness to rely on what?
(d) Gut instinct.
12. Who sits at the same table as Kimberly and Thorpe at the black tie event?
(d) Van Dorns.
13. Where do the inner circle of armchair spies go to discuss the events of the evening?
(a) A smoking room upstairs.
(b) A conference room down the hall.
(c) A billiards room downstairs.
(d) A pub across the street.
14. What are the men riding when they approach Kimberly and Abrams in the park?
15. Who does Abrams notify of the dead burglar outside the next morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abrams mentions his suspicions of Thorpe, what does Kimberly do?
2. If West gives in to Thorpe's interrogation, what might West betray?
3. Who will be speaking at the dinner on behalf of James Allerton?
4. How many detectives are helping Abrams watch Carbury?
5. What is the nationality of Abrams' family?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)