Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many versions of how the army arrives in a new community are told in Section VI?
2. Who is sent to portray Ailill in a meeting with Cuchulainn?
3. Who falls dead from shame in Chapter XII after having been responsible for so many deaths?
4. Who is a criminal in Ailill's kingdom wishing to get pardoned by slaying Cuchulainn?
5. Who slays the shepherd responsible for bringing the bull back in Section VII?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the protagonist in The Tain. Discuss the antagonist. Is there ever a time in the novel when it seems like they have reversed roles? Use the definition for the terms in your response.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Fergus to the story? How might the novel have differed if he had not been introduced?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character, Cuchulainn, and his growth throughout the novel.
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)