|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on their third day of fighting?
2. How many sons does Gaile Dana have?
3. Who warns Cuchulainn that Medb is planning to ambush him?
4. Who starts a war with Ailill's army after a truce is made with Rochad?
5. Section VI tells how the army is led to which community?
Essay Topic 1
What is inciting force and which character was the inciting force in this story? How did the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
Essay Topic 2
What is the definition of main character? Name three main characters from The Tain and discuss the important role of each in the epic tale.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the protagonist in The Tain. Discuss the antagonist. Is there ever a time in the novel when it seems like they have reversed roles? Use the definition for the terms in your response.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)