|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which warrior agrees to fight Cuchulainn in Section VII in exchange for marrying Ailill's daughter?
2. Who warns Cuchulainn that Medb is planning to ambush him?
3. Who is sent to portray Ailill in a meeting with Cuchulainn?
4. Who do the king and queen believe to be their final solution in killing Cuchulainn?
5. What is the second weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are four points-of-view in which literature is written: first-person, third-person objective, third-person limited, and omniscient. Which point-of-view is used in this book? Is this the most effective point-of-view for this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the primary theme of The Tain? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Also relate the differences and similarities specifically to The Tain.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)