Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many versions of how the army arrives in a new community are told in Section VI?
2. Who is sent to portray Ailill in a meeting with Cuchulainn?
3. Who falls dead from shame in Chapter XII after having been responsible for so many deaths?
4. Who is a criminal in Ailill's kingdom wishing to get pardoned by slaying Cuchulainn?
5. Who slays the shepherd responsible for bringing the bull back in Section VII?
What is a static character? What is a dynamic character? Identify two static characters and two dynamic characters from the story. Explain what about each one makes it either static or dynamic.
Discuss the qualifications of Thomas Kinsella as a translator. What makes him an authority on the translation of The Tain.
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Also relate the differences and similarities specifically to The Tain.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)