Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many versions of how the army arrives in a new community are told in Section VI?
2. Who is sent to portray Ailill in a meeting with Cuchulainn?
3. Who falls dead from shame in Chapter XII after having been responsible for so many deaths?
4. Who is a criminal in Ailill's kingdom wishing to get pardoned by slaying Cuchulainn?
5. Who slays the shepherd responsible for bringing the bull back in Section VII?
Essay Topic 1
Name three women from the novel and tell how each was important to the story. Give a brief character description of each as well.
Essay Topic 2
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Fergus to the story? How might the novel have differed if he had not been introduced?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)