Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many versions of how the army arrives in a new community are told in Section VI?
2. Who is sent to portray Ailill in a meeting with Cuchulainn?
3. Who falls dead from shame in Chapter XII after having been responsible for so many deaths?
4. Who is a criminal in Ailill's kingdom wishing to get pardoned by slaying Cuchulainn?
5. Who slays the shepherd responsible for bringing the bull back in Section VII?
Identify and discuss five points of foreshadowing from the novel. Did the author use foreshadowing effectively? Why or why not? Define foreshadowing in your essay as well.
Define falling action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the falling action in The Tain. How did the translator present it? How did the falling action flow? How did the falling action add to the suspense of the story?
What is a static character? What is a dynamic character? Identify two static characters and two dynamic characters from the story. Explain what about each one makes it either static or dynamic.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)