|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which river in Section VI seems to flood to bar the army from passing?
2. Who does Cuchulainn summon to help scout the advancing army?
3. Who is the youngest boy sent off to war for Ulster in Chapter XIII?
(c) Mac Roth.
4. Which river in Section VI swells and carries off one-hundred chariots?
5. Who is angered that Finnabair spends a night with a man?
(a) Kings of Munster.
(c) Warriors of Ulster.
(d) The Galeoin Warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
2. What word does Medb use to describe her thighs in Chapter XI?
3. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father?
4. How long will the Ulster warrior live if restored to full warrior ability?
5. Section VI tells how the army is led to which community?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Cuchulainn's longest battle with and why?
2. What causes King Ailill's daughter Finnabair to fall dead?
3. Specifically describe Cuchulainn's warp-spasm when he is older.
4. How does the army attempt to move Donn Cuailnge from Black Cauldron to Conaille?
5. Why does Ailill mock Fergus after he loses his sword? In what other way does Ailill mock Fergus and why?
6. How many healers tell Cethern he is beyond help? Who is the royal healer that finally agrees to help him?
7. Why does Fergus fear a mere boy warrior, Erc?
8. Why doesn't Cuchulainn kill Fergus whenever the army is nearing Ulster?
9. Why does Cuchulainn strut around the day after his bloody, warp-spasm induced battle?
10. Chapter XIII contains a long list of great warriors as described by two people. Who are the people and what differs about their descriptions of the great warriors?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)