|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
(d) Iron darts and shields.
2. What does Cuchulainn use to stain his face so that it appears "bearded?"
(c) Berry juice.
3. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by the things they do and have?
(d) Mac Roth.
4. With whom is Finnabair smitten in Chapter XII?
5. What is the method of fighting used between Cuchulainn and the representative of Ailill's army at the end of Section VII?
(b) Spear throwing.
(c) Hand to hand combat.
(d) Sling shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to fight a beardless boy?
2. Who suffers death by apple in Section VIII?
3. Who warns Conchobor of the approaching army in Chapter XII?
4. Who is the army scout for Ailill's army?
5. What is the name of Cuchulainn's divine god-like father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Cuchulainn's longest battle with and why?
2. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father and what is his role in the war?
3. How is it that Loch almost defeats Cuchulainn?
4. How many healers tell Cethern he is beyond help? Who is the royal healer that finally agrees to help him?
5. Why doesn't Cuchulainn kill Fergus whenever the army is nearing Ulster?
6. What causes Cuchulainn's massive killings to stop as Ailill and Medb's army approach?
7. How does the army attempt to move Donn Cuailnge from Black Cauldron to Conaille?
8. Why does Ailill mock Fergus after he loses his sword? In what other way does Ailill mock Fergus and why?
9. How does Ailill use the town fool and why is Cuchulainn aggravated by the situation?
10. Why does Fergus fear a mere boy warrior, Erc?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)