|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the method of fighting used between Cuchulainn and the representative of Ailill's army at the end of Section VII?
(b) Spear throwing.
(c) Hand to hand combat.
(d) Sling shot.
2. How many healing options does the royal healer give to the Ulster warrior?
3. What is the second weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
(b) Iron darts and shields.
4. Why doesn't Cuchulainn want to fight Ferbaeth?
(a) They are foster brothers.
(b) Ferbaeth doesn't have a beard.
(c) Ferbaeth isn't much of a challenge.
(d) He is much bigger.
5. How does Cuchulainn protect himself from Gaile Dana and his sons?
(a) By running.
(b) By chasing birds.
(c) With a shield.
(d) By hiding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the first day of fighting end for Cuchulainn and his foster-brother in Chapter XI?
2. Who does Cuchulainn summon to help scout the advancing army?
3. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on day two of their fight in Chapter XI?
4. How many versions of how the army arrives in a new community are told in Section VI?
5. What is the name of the royal healer who restores the Ulster warrior's health?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the army attempt to move Donn Cuailnge from Black Cauldron to Conaille?
2. What, other than their fear of him, makes warriors not want to fight Cuchulainn? How does he get past this obstacle?
3. Why does Cuchulainn strut around the day after his bloody, warp-spasm induced battle?
4. Describe how Cuchulainn finally defeats Ferdia. Explain how the weapon he used works.
5. How many healers tell Cethern he is beyond help? Who is the royal healer that finally agrees to help him?
6. Why does Ailill mock Fergus after he loses his sword? In what other way does Ailill mock Fergus and why?
7. Chapter XIII contains a long list of great warriors as described by two people. Who are the people and what differs about their descriptions of the great warriors?
8. How does Ailill use the town fool and why is Cuchulainn aggravated by the situation?
9. Why does Ailill enlist the help of a spy and what does the spy report back to Ailill?
10. What causes Cuchulainn's massive killings to stop as Ailill and Medb's army approach?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)