|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by their lineage?
(c) Mac Roth.
2. Why does Fergus agree to face Cuchulainn in Section X?
(a) He is the only one left.
(b) He's old and ready to die.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He doesn't have a choice.
3. Who warns Conchobor of the approaching army in Chapter XII?
4. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on their third day of fighting?
(b) Hot nails.
(c) Poison darts.
5. Why doesn't Cuchulainn want to fight Ferbaeth?
(a) Ferbaeth doesn't have a beard.
(b) Ferbaeth isn't much of a challenge.
(c) He is much bigger.
(d) They are foster brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intervenes to help Cuchulainn fight Gaile Dana and his sons?
2. What weapon does Cuchulainn take with him when he meets Medb at their "truce" meeting?
3. Who accompanied Fergus to offer Ailill's truce offer to Cuchulainn?
4. Who tries to get Cuchulainn to leave his foster-brother's corpse?
5. Who is angered that Finnabair spends a night with a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, other than their fear of him, makes warriors not want to fight Cuchulainn? How does he get past this obstacle?
2. Describe how Cuchulainn finally defeats Ferdia. Explain how the weapon he used works.
3. Who saves Cuchulainn's life as he faces a man and his 27 sons?
4. Why does Fergus fear a mere boy warrior, Erc?
5. What is Cuchulainn's unusual connection with the gods? How does his god-like father help him heal as the great army gets closer to Ulster?
6. What causes Cuchulainn's massive killings to stop as Ailill and Medb's army approach?
7. What causes King Ailill's daughter Finnabair to fall dead?
8. Why does Ailill enlist the help of a spy and what does the spy report back to Ailill?
9. Specifically describe Cuchulainn's warp-spasm when he is older.
10. Why does Cuchulainn strut around the day after his bloody, warp-spasm induced battle?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)