|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is only severely maimed by Cuchulainn in Section VIII?
2. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by the things they do and have?
(b) Mac Roth.
3. What does Cuchulainn drink that unwittingly heals an old woman?
(b) Berry juice.
4. What is the method of fighting used between Cuchulainn and the representative of Ailill's army at the end of Section VII?
(b) Hand to hand combat.
(c) Spear throwing.
(d) Sling shot.
5. Who does Cuchulainn summon to help scout the advancing army?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulainn finally end the fight between him and his foster-brother in Chapter XI?
2. Where does Medb find the prized bull?
3. What does Cuchulainn use to stain his face so that it appears "bearded?"
4. Who is angered that Finnabair spends a night with a man?
5. Who suffers death by apple in Section VIII?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ailill use the town fool and why is Cuchulainn aggravated by the situation?
2. What are the two choices Cethern is given by the royal healer and which does he select?
3. What causes Cuchulainn's massive killings to stop as Ailill and Medb's army approach?
4. How many healers tell Cethern he is beyond help? Who is the royal healer that finally agrees to help him?
5. Chapter XIII contains a long list of great warriors as described by two people. Who are the people and what differs about their descriptions of the great warriors?
6. What, other than their fear of him, makes warriors not want to fight Cuchulainn? How does he get past this obstacle?
7. Why does Fergus fear a mere boy warrior, Erc?
8. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father and what is his role in the war?
9. Who saves Cuchulainn's life as he faces a man and his 27 sons?
10. Describe Cur's attack on Cuchulainn. Who wins the fight and how?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)