|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces Ferbaeth to fight Cuchulainn?
(a) He wants to kill Cuchulainn.
(b) He wants to prove he's better.
(c) He takes steroids and thinks he can win.
(d) Ailill gets him drunk and talks him into it.
2. Who helps Cuchulainn develop a fake beard?
(a) His servant.
(b) His charioteer.
(d) His father.
3. Where does Medb find the prized bull?
(a) In Cuib.
(b) In Druid.
(c) In Ulster.
(d) In her backyard.
4. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father?
5. Section VI tells how the army is led to which community?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cuchulainn use to stain his face so that it appears "bearded?"
2. Which river in Section VI seems to flood to bar the army from passing?
3. Who suffers death by apple in Section VIII?
4. Who is a criminal in Ailill's kingdom wishing to get pardoned by slaying Cuchulainn?
5. Who is only severely maimed by Cuchulainn in Section VIII?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Cuchulainn's massive killings to stop as Ailill and Medb's army approach?
2. Why does Cuchulainn strut around the day after his bloody, warp-spasm induced battle?
3. What, other than their fear of him, makes warriors not want to fight Cuchulainn? How does he get past this obstacle?
4. Why does Cuchulainn refuse to leave Ferdia's corpse?
5. Why does Fergus fear a mere boy warrior, Erc?
6. What causes King Ailill's daughter Finnabair to fall dead?
7. Describe how Cuchulainn finally defeats Ferdia. Explain how the weapon he used works.
8. What is Cuchulainn's unusual connection with the gods? How does his god-like father help him heal as the great army gets closer to Ulster?
9. Chapter XIII contains a long list of great warriors as described by two people. Who are the people and what differs about their descriptions of the great warriors?
10. How many healers tell Cethern he is beyond help? Who is the royal healer that finally agrees to help him?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)