|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cuchulainn protect himself from Gaile Dana and his sons?
(a) By chasing birds.
(b) By running.
(c) With a shield.
(d) By hiding.
2. Where is Cuchulainn taken to recuperate?
(c) Glenn Cove.
3. How many men does Cuchulainn kill when Medb's army attack him at their "truce" meeting?
4. What does Medb have bards and poets tell about in Chapter XI?
(a) Cuchulainn's evil monstrous personality.
(b) Ferdia's cowardice.
(c) Ferdia's loyalty.
(d) Fedlam's wicked ways.
5. What does the healer use to replace the Ulster warrior's missing ribs?
(b) Bones from a wombat.
(c) Chariot parts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slays the shepherd responsible for bringing the bull back in Section VII?
2. Which warrior agrees to fight Cuchulainn in Section VII in exchange for marrying Ailill's daughter?
3. How many healing options does the royal healer give to the Ulster warrior?
4. Who is the fierce Ulster warrior who kills several army members while Cuchulainn is being healed?
5. Who warns Cuchulainn that Medb is planning to ambush him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ailill mock Fergus after he loses his sword? In what other way does Ailill mock Fergus and why?
2. Specifically describe Cuchulainn's warp-spasm when he is older.
3. Why does Cuchulainn strut around the day after his bloody, warp-spasm induced battle?
4. Why does Cuchulainn refuse to leave Ferdia's corpse?
5. Chapter XIII contains a long list of great warriors as described by two people. Who are the people and what differs about their descriptions of the great warriors?
6. How does Fergus lose his sword? What does he do without it?
7. Describe Cur's attack on Cuchulainn. Who wins the fight and how?
8. What causes Cuchulainn's massive killings to stop as Ailill and Medb's army approach?
9. Why doesn't Cuchulainn kill Fergus whenever the army is nearing Ulster?
10. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father and what is his role in the war?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)