|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a criminal in Ailill's kingdom wishing to get pardoned by slaying Cuchulainn?
2. Who warns Cuchulainn that Medb is planning to ambush him?
3. Section VI tells how the army is led to which community?
4. What does Cuchulainn use to stain his face so that it appears "bearded?"
(b) Berry juice.
5. Where is Cuchulainn taken to recuperate?
(d) Glenn Cove.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many versions of how the army arrives in a new community are told in Section VI?
2. Which river in Section VI seems to flood to bar the army from passing?
3. How does Cuchulainn kill the person sent to seize his javelin from him?
4. Who does Ailill make fun of for not being a real king?
5. Who gets his hair and clothing cut by Cuchulainn before the warrior finally just kills him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ailill use the town fool and why is Cuchulainn aggravated by the situation?
2. Who is Cuchulainn's longest battle with and why?
3. What is Cuchulainn's unusual connection with the gods? How does his god-like father help him heal as the great army gets closer to Ulster?
4. Why does Cuchulainn refuse to leave Ferdia's corpse?
5. Specifically describe Cuchulainn's warp-spasm when he is older.
6. Why does Ailill mock Fergus after he loses his sword? In what other way does Ailill mock Fergus and why?
7. How does the army attempt to move Donn Cuailnge from Black Cauldron to Conaille?
8. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father and what is his role in the war?
9. Why does Fergus fear a mere boy warrior, Erc?
10. How many healers tell Cethern he is beyond help? Who is the royal healer that finally agrees to help him?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)