|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Cuchulainn use in Section VII to continue killing the army's men at night from afar?
(d) Poison darts.
2. With whom is Finnabair smitten in Chapter XII?
3. Who starts a war with Ailill's army after a truce is made with Rochad?
(a) The Galeoin Warriors.
(d) Kings of Munster.
4. What does the healer use to replace the Ulster warrior's missing ribs?
(a) Bones from a wombat.
(c) Chariot parts.
5. Who is the fierce Ulster warrior who kills several army members while Cuchulainn is being healed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cuchulainn use to stain his face so that it appears "bearded?"
2. Who does Ailill make fun of for not being a real king?
3. Who helps Cuchulainn develop a fake beard?
4. What weapon does Cuchulainn take with him when he meets Medb at their "truce" meeting?
5. Which river in Section VI swells and carries off one-hundred chariots?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes King Ailill's daughter Finnabair to fall dead?
2. Why doesn't Cuchulainn kill Fergus whenever the army is nearing Ulster?
3. How is it that Loch almost defeats Cuchulainn?
4. What are the two choices Cethern is given by the royal healer and which does he select?
5. Why does Fergus fear a mere boy warrior, Erc?
6. When Medb and Ailill get Fergus drunk and send him to fight Cuchulainn, why doesn't Cuchulainn kill him?
7. Who is Cuchulainn's longest battle with and why?
8. Who saves Cuchulainn's life as he faces a man and his 27 sons?
9. Why does Ailill enlist the help of a spy and what does the spy report back to Ailill?
10. Why does Cuchulainn strut around the day after his bloody, warp-spasm induced battle?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)