|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Medb find the prized bull?
(a) In her backyard.
(b) In Ulster.
(c) In Druid.
(d) In Cuib.
2. Who is angered that Finnabair spends a night with a man?
(a) Kings of Munster.
(b) The Galeoin Warriors.
(d) Warriors of Ulster.
3. What is the method of fighting used between Cuchulainn and the representative of Ailill's army at the end of Section VII?
(b) Sling shot.
(c) Hand to hand combat.
(d) Spear throwing.
4. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by the things they do and have?
(d) Mac Roth.
5. Who gets his hair and clothing cut by Cuchulainn before the warrior finally just kills him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many versions of how the army arrives in a new community are told in Section VI?
2. Who does Ailill make fun of for not being a real king?
3. How many sons does Gaile Dana have?
4. Who intervenes to help Cuchulainn fight Gaile Dana and his sons?
5. Section VI tells how the army is led to which community?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Cuchulainn kill Fergus whenever the army is nearing Ulster?
2. Why does Fergus fear a mere boy warrior, Erc?
3. When Medb and Ailill get Fergus drunk and send him to fight Cuchulainn, why doesn't Cuchulainn kill him?
4. Who is Cuchulainn's longest battle with and why?
5. How does the army attempt to move Donn Cuailnge from Black Cauldron to Conaille?
6. Why does Ailill enlist the help of a spy and what does the spy report back to Ailill?
7. Why does Cuchulainn strut around the day after his bloody, warp-spasm induced battle?
8. What causes Cuchulainn's massive killings to stop as Ailill and Medb's army approach?
9. What causes King Ailill's daughter Finnabair to fall dead?
10. Describe how Cuchulainn finally defeats Ferdia. Explain how the weapon he used works.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)