|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
(c) Iron darts and shields.
2. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on their third day of fighting?
(b) Hot nails.
(c) Poison darts.
3. Who is the shepherd responsible for bringing back the bull in Section VIII?
4. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on day two of their fight in Chapter XI?
(b) Stabbing spears.
(c) Darts with poison.
5. Section VI tells how the army is led to which community?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cuchulainn drink that unwittingly heals an old woman?
2. What does the healer use to replace the Ulster warrior's missing ribs?
3. Why doesn't Cuchulainn want to fight Ferbaeth?
4. With whom is Finnabair smitten in Chapter XII?
5. Who does Cuchulainn summon to help scout the advancing army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father and what is his role in the war?
2. What, other than their fear of him, makes warriors not want to fight Cuchulainn? How does he get past this obstacle?
3. Specifically describe Cuchulainn's warp-spasm when he is older.
4. Why does Fergus fear a mere boy warrior, Erc?
5. Describe how Cuchulainn finally defeats Ferdia. Explain how the weapon he used works.
6. How is it that Loch almost defeats Cuchulainn?
7. How many healers tell Cethern he is beyond help? Who is the royal healer that finally agrees to help him?
8. What causes King Ailill's daughter Finnabair to fall dead?
9. How does the army attempt to move Donn Cuailnge from Black Cauldron to Conaille?
10. Describe Cur's attack on Cuchulainn. Who wins the fight and how?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)