|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Cuchulainn's divine god-like father?
2. How many men does Cuchulainn kill when Medb's army attack him at their "truce" meeting?
3. Who helps Cuchulainn develop a fake beard?
(b) His father.
(c) His servant.
(d) His charioteer.
4. How does the second day of fighting end in Chapter XI between Cuchulainn and his foster-brother?
(a) The book does not say.
(b) The foster-brother wins.
(c) Another stalemate.
(d) Cuchulainn wins again.
5. What does Cuchulainn drink that unwittingly heals an old woman?
(a) Berry juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
2. What weapon does Cuchulainn use in Section VII to continue killing the army's men at night from afar?
3. Who is only severely maimed by Cuchulainn in Section VIII?
4. Who refuses to fight a beardless boy?
5. What convinces Ferbaeth to fight Cuchulainn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ailill mock Fergus after he loses his sword? In what other way does Ailill mock Fergus and why?
2. Who saves Cuchulainn's life as he faces a man and his 27 sons?
3. Who is Cuchulainn's longest battle with and why?
4. How does the army attempt to move Donn Cuailnge from Black Cauldron to Conaille?
5. Describe Cur's attack on Cuchulainn. Who wins the fight and how?
6. Specifically describe Cuchulainn's warp-spasm when he is older.
7. What causes Cuchulainn's massive killings to stop as Ailill and Medb's army approach?
8. What causes King Ailill's daughter Finnabair to fall dead?
9. Describe how Cuchulainn finally defeats Ferdia. Explain how the weapon he used works.
10. What, other than their fear of him, makes warriors not want to fight Cuchulainn? How does he get past this obstacle?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)