|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to fight a beardless boy?
2. What weapon does Cuchulainn use in Section VII to continue killing the army's men at night from afar?
(b) Poison darts.
3. When the person sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin was killed, what did he/she call the weapon?
(a) The rope of death.
(b) An evil glare
(c) A big headache.
(d) An overwhelming gift.
4. How does the second day of fighting end in Chapter XI between Cuchulainn and his foster-brother?
(a) Cuchulainn wins again.
(b) The book does not say.
(c) The foster-brother wins.
(d) Another stalemate.
5. What is the name of Medb's herdsman killed in Section VI?
(c) Glenn Gatlaig,
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin from him?
2. Who intervenes to help Cuchulainn fight Gaile Dana and his sons?
3. How many men does Cuchulainn kill when Medb's army attack him at their "truce" meeting?
4. Who is only severely maimed by Cuchulainn in Section VIII?
5. Who gets his hair and clothing cut by Cuchulainn before the warrior finally just kills him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ailill enlist the help of a spy and what does the spy report back to Ailill?
2. Specifically describe Cuchulainn's warp-spasm when he is older.
3. Describe how Cuchulainn finally defeats Ferdia. Explain how the weapon he used works.
4. Describe Cur's attack on Cuchulainn. Who wins the fight and how?
5. How does Fergus lose his sword? What does he do without it?
6. Who saves Cuchulainn's life as he faces a man and his 27 sons?
7. What is Cuchulainn's unusual connection with the gods? How does his god-like father help him heal as the great army gets closer to Ulster?
8. Why doesn't Cuchulainn kill Fergus whenever the army is nearing Ulster?
9. When Medb and Ailill get Fergus drunk and send him to fight Cuchulainn, why doesn't Cuchulainn kill him?
10. Why does Cuchulainn strut around the day after his bloody, warp-spasm induced battle?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)