|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
(a) Iron darts and shields.
2. Who do the king and queen believe to be their final solution in killing Cuchulainn?
3. Which warrior agrees to fight Cuchulainn in Section VII in exchange for marrying Ailill's daughter?
4. Who suffers death by apple in Section VIII?
(a) The bull.
5. What weapon does Cuchulainn take with him when he meets Medb at their "truce" meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which warrior refuses to fight Cuchulainn in Section VII?
2. Who falls dead from shame in Chapter XII after having been responsible for so many deaths?
3. Which river in Section VI seems to flood to bar the army from passing?
4. Which lieutenant meets with Cuchulainn and strikes a truce?
5. Section VI tells how the army is led to which community?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cuchulainn refuse to leave Ferdia's corpse?
2. When Medb and Ailill get Fergus drunk and send him to fight Cuchulainn, why doesn't Cuchulainn kill him?
3. How does Ailill use the town fool and why is Cuchulainn aggravated by the situation?
4. What causes King Ailill's daughter Finnabair to fall dead?
5. Describe Cur's attack on Cuchulainn. Who wins the fight and how?
6. Why does Cuchulainn strut around the day after his bloody, warp-spasm induced battle?
7. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father and what is his role in the war?
8. Why does Fergus fear a mere boy warrior, Erc?
9. What is Cuchulainn's unusual connection with the gods? How does his god-like father help him heal as the great army gets closer to Ulster?
10. Why doesn't Cuchulainn kill Fergus whenever the army is nearing Ulster?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)