|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will the Ulster warrior live if restored to full warrior ability?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 30 days.
2. Who is the fierce Ulster warrior who kills several army members while Cuchulainn is being healed?
3. What word does Medb use to describe her thighs in Chapter XI?
4. Who does Ailill make fun of for not being a real king?
5. Who tries to get Cuchulainn to leave his foster-brother's corpse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin from him?
2. Which woman does Cuchulainn resist in Section VIII?
3. Where does the army hear the bull is hiding?
4. Who is the army scout for Ailill's army?
5. Which lieutenant meets with Cuchulainn and strikes a truce?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Cuchulainn finally defeats Ferdia. Explain how the weapon he used works.
2. Why does Ailill mock Fergus after he loses his sword? In what other way does Ailill mock Fergus and why?
3. Why does Fergus fear a mere boy warrior, Erc?
4. Why does Ailill enlist the help of a spy and what does the spy report back to Ailill?
5. How does Ailill use the town fool and why is Cuchulainn aggravated by the situation?
6. Chapter XIII contains a long list of great warriors as described by two people. Who are the people and what differs about their descriptions of the great warriors?
7. What causes King Ailill's daughter Finnabair to fall dead?
8. What is Cuchulainn's unusual connection with the gods? How does his god-like father help him heal as the great army gets closer to Ulster?
9. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father and what is his role in the war?
10. Why does Cuchulainn refuse to leave Ferdia's corpse?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)