|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls dead from shame in Chapter XII after having been responsible for so many deaths?
2. How does Cuchulainn finally end the fight between him and his foster-brother in Chapter XI?
(a) With the gae bolga.
(b) By poisoning his water.
(c) By cutting off his head.
(d) By stabbing him in the back.
3. What word does Medb use to describe her thighs in Chapter XI?
4. How large were the wounds suffered by Cuchulainn and his foster-brother after the second day of fighting?
(a) Large enough to fit a man's head in.
(b) Large enough to fit a leprechaun in.
(c) Large enough for a bull to stick his head in.
(d) Large enough for birds to fly through.
5. Who helps Cuchulainn develop a fake beard?
(a) His father.
(b) His servant.
(c) His charioteer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cuchulainn summon to help scout the advancing army?
2. Who tries to get Cuchulainn to leave his foster-brother's corpse?
3. Who do the king and queen believe to be their final solution in killing Cuchulainn?
4. What weapon does Cuchulainn take with him when he meets Medb at their "truce" meeting?
5. How does Cuchulainn kill the person sent to seize his javelin from him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two choices Cethern is given by the royal healer and which does he select?
2. What, other than their fear of him, makes warriors not want to fight Cuchulainn? How does he get past this obstacle?
3. What causes Cuchulainn's massive killings to stop as Ailill and Medb's army approach?
4. Describe Cur's attack on Cuchulainn. Who wins the fight and how?
5. Why does Cuchulainn refuse to leave Ferdia's corpse?
6. Why doesn't Cuchulainn kill Fergus whenever the army is nearing Ulster?
7. How does Fergus lose his sword? What does he do without it?
8. What causes King Ailill's daughter Finnabair to fall dead?
9. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father and what is his role in the war?
10. What is Cuchulainn's unusual connection with the gods? How does his god-like father help him heal as the great army gets closer to Ulster?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)