|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by the things they do and have?
(b) Mac Roth.
2. How does the second day of fighting end in Chapter XI between Cuchulainn and his foster-brother?
(a) The book does not say.
(b) Another stalemate.
(c) The foster-brother wins.
(d) Cuchulainn wins again.
3. Who slays the shepherd responsible for bringing the bull back in Section VII?
4. Who is the army scout for Ailill's army?
(b) Mac Roth.
5. Who is the shepherd responsible for bringing back the bull in Section VIII?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which river in Section VI seems to flood to bar the army from passing?
2. Who suffers death by apple in Section VIII?
3. Section VI tells how the army is led to which community?
4. What word does Medb use to describe her thighs in Chapter XI?
5. When the person sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin was killed, what did he/she call the weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, other than their fear of him, makes warriors not want to fight Cuchulainn? How does he get past this obstacle?
2. How does Ailill use the town fool and why is Cuchulainn aggravated by the situation?
3. Why does Cuchulainn strut around the day after his bloody, warp-spasm induced battle?
4. What are the two choices Cethern is given by the royal healer and which does he select?
5. What causes King Ailill's daughter Finnabair to fall dead?
6. What is Cuchulainn's unusual connection with the gods? How does his god-like father help him heal as the great army gets closer to Ulster?
7. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father and what is his role in the war?
8. Why does Ailill enlist the help of a spy and what does the spy report back to Ailill?
9. How does the army attempt to move Donn Cuailnge from Black Cauldron to Conaille?
10. Chapter XIII contains a long list of great warriors as described by two people. Who are the people and what differs about their descriptions of the great warriors?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)