|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
(a) Iron darts and shields.
2. Who is only severely maimed by Cuchulainn in Section VIII?
3. When the person sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin was killed, what did he/she call the weapon?
(a) The rope of death.
(b) A big headache.
(c) An evil glare
(d) An overwhelming gift.
4. Who falls dead from shame in Chapter XII after having been responsible for so many deaths?
5. What word does Medb use to describe her thighs in Chapter XI?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the king and queen believe to be their final solution in killing Cuchulainn?
2. Who accompanied Fergus to offer Ailill's truce offer to Cuchulainn?
3. Who is the fierce Ulster warrior who kills several army members while Cuchulainn is being healed?
4. Who does Ailill make fun of for not being a real king?
5. Who warns Cuchulainn that Medb is planning to ambush him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cuchulainn strut around the day after his bloody, warp-spasm induced battle?
2. What is Cuchulainn's unusual connection with the gods? How does his god-like father help him heal as the great army gets closer to Ulster?
3. Chapter XIII contains a long list of great warriors as described by two people. Who are the people and what differs about their descriptions of the great warriors?
4. How many healers tell Cethern he is beyond help? Who is the royal healer that finally agrees to help him?
5. How does Ailill use the town fool and why is Cuchulainn aggravated by the situation?
6. Describe how Cuchulainn finally defeats Ferdia. Explain how the weapon he used works.
7. Describe Cur's attack on Cuchulainn. Who wins the fight and how?
8. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father and what is his role in the war?
9. Why does Fergus fear a mere boy warrior, Erc?
10. What are the two choices Cethern is given by the royal healer and which does he select?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)