|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Cuchulainn when he saved Ulster from attacking marauders?
2. Who does Medb send to kill Cuchulainn?
3. What is the name of Conchobor's sister?
4. In which land does Domnall originate?
5. Who decides to raise the evil child who screamed in the womb?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Conchobor and his men hunt on their chariots?
2. How many neighborhood boys does Cuchulainn defeat as a toddler?
3. Who slays both Noisiu and Fiacha?
4. Who is the first handsome young man in which Derdriu has an interest?
5. Why is Medb convinced the Ulster men will be easily defeated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a warp spasm and how does it benefit Cuchulainn when he fights the neighborhood boys as a toddler?
2. How does Cuchulainn slow down the great army? What is unusual about his technique? How does the army adjust?
3. Who is Setanta?
4. What is unusual about Fedlimid's pregnant wife?
5. Why do the poets of Ireland gather in the section called "Before the Tain?"
6. How does Conchobor become king of Ulster?
7. Why do the two pig-keepers in the story begin to compete with each other?
8. Name three creatures that become involved in the epic battle between the two pig-keepers.
9. What three tasks does Emer require her suitor to complete?
10. How does Emer's father plan to get rid of Cuchulainn? What is the result?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)