|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does Cuchulaiin's girl want him to kill at each ford?
2. How does the killer of the guard dog make amends for its death?
(a) By buying a new one.
(b) By volunteering to be a guard dog himself.
(c) He does not.
(d) By offering his best dog as a replacement.
3. What is the name that Cuchulainn is first called?
4. What is it that Medb's army searches to find?
(b) The bull.
(d) The king.
5. What does Cuchulainn drink as an infant?
(a) Goat's milk
(b) Bull's blood.
(d) Fine wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Fergus tell stories about Cuchulainn's great adventures and exploits?
2. Who refuses Conchobor's sexual advances?
3. How old is Cuchulainn's son when he arrives to his father?
4. How does the toddler Cuchulainn defeat the neighborhood boys?
5. Which drunk man slept with his sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the poets of Ireland gather in the section called "Before the Tain?"
2. What was the prophecy spoken of Derdriu?
3. Who is Fedelm? What is unique about her and what message does she share with Medb?
4. What three tasks does Emer require her suitor to complete?
5. What is unusual about Fedlimid's pregnant wife?
6. What are the names of the two pig-keepers in the story and what unusual power do both have?
7. Who does Derdriu marry and how does their marriage occur?
8. Who is the first person Cuchulainn kills with the gae bolga? Explain the circumstances that result in the death.
9. What happens when Cuchulainn realizes he has killed his son?
10. Why does Macha curse the men of Ulster?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)