|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the poets of Ireland gather to meet?
(c) Fergus mac Roich.
(d) Senchan Torpeist.
2. How many charioteers does Cuchulainn stop with one fallen tree?
3. What is the topic of the couple who is talking in bed?
(a) Leadership ability comparison.
(b) Jewel comparison.
(c) Wealth comparison.
(d) Friend comparison.
4. Who gives the prediction that the first person to take up arms on a particular day would become a great warrior?
5. Who is the first handsome young man in which Derdriu has an interest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which warrior lifted grown soldiers over his head?
2. How many babies are born at the finish line of the chariot race?
3. What is strange about Fedelm?
4. From where does Cuchulainn capture a live wild deer and a flock of swans?
5. In which land does Domnall originate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the discussion between Ailill and Medb and what does it result in?
2. Why does Ailill mock Fergus after he loses his sword? In what other way does Ailill mock Fergus and why?
3. Who is Cuchulainn's longest battle with and why?
4. How does the army attempt to move Donn Cuailnge from Black Cauldron to Conaille?
5. How does Emer's father plan to get rid of Cuchulainn? What is the result?
6. How does Cuchulainn slow down the great army? What is unusual about his technique? How does the army adjust?
7. Who is the first person Cuchulainn kills with the gae bolga? Explain the circumstances that result in the death.
8. How do the scholars learn the tale of the Tain in its entirety?
9. What is Cuchulainn's unusual connection with the gods? How does his god-like father help him heal as the great army gets closer to Ulster?
10. Why does Cuchulainn refuse to leave Ferdia's corpse?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)