|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What board game does Cuchulainn like as a child?
(b) Celtic Tic Tac Toe.
2. Who is frightened by Cuchulainn's tree-chopping?
3. How old was Cuchulainn when he saved Ulster from attacking marauders?
4. Who does Deichtine marry?
(b) Sualdam mac Roich..
(d) Fergus mac Roich.
5. Who is the wise judge that Conchobor consults?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raced the chariot?
2. Who slays both Noisiu and Fiacha?
3. Who is Emer's father?
4. Who has war with Aife?
5. How does the chariot race end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cuchulainn realizes he has killed his son?
2. How did Cuchulainn get his name?
3. Describe the discussion between Ailill and Medb and what does it result in?
4. Discuss "woman's thinking" as the great army nears Ulster.
5. Why do the two pig-keepers in the story begin to compete with each other?
6. What does the owner of the prized possession think about the exchange offer and what is the ultimate result of it?
7. What three tasks does Emer require her suitor to complete?
8. Who does Derdriu marry and how does their marriage occur?
9. How does Cuchulainn slow down the great army? What is unusual about his technique? How does the army adjust?
10. What are the names of the two pig-keepers in the story and what unusual power do both have?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)