|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raced the chariot?
2. How is the story of the Tain recorded?
(a) On cave walls.
(b) In writing.
(c) In pictures.
(d) By oral tradition.
3. Whose child lets out an audible scream from the womb?
4. Which husband bragged that his wife could beat the fastest chariot?
5. What is the topic of the couple who is talking in bed?
(a) Leadership ability comparison.
(b) Jewel comparison.
(c) Friend comparison.
(d) Wealth comparison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns the men of Ulster of the pending war?
2. Who talks in bed?
3. Who steals Conchobor's weapons and chariot?
4. Who saved Conchobor and his son Cuscraid from the battlefield after they were defeated by King Eogan?
5. From where does Cuchulainn capture a live wild deer and a flock of swans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who makes up Medb and Ailill's great army?
2. What one asset differs between the king and queen? Who is missing it and how does it make that person feel?
3. What are the names of the two pig-keepers in the story and what unusual power do both have?
4. How does Cuchulainn slow down the great army? What is unusual about his technique? How does the army adjust?
5. Why does Cuchulainn spare Orlam's charioteer, then kill him later?
6. Who is Fedelm? What is unique about her and what message does she share with Medb?
7. What three tasks does Emer require her suitor to complete?
8. How does Derdriu die?
9. What is a warp spasm and how does it benefit Cuchulainn when he fights the neighborhood boys as a toddler?
10. Who is the first person Cuchulainn kills with the gae bolga? Explain the circumstances that result in the death.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)