|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Medb convinced the Ulster men will be easily defeated?
(a) They are wimps.
(b) They are having labor pains.
(c) They have no hero to lead them.
(d) They are untrained in war.
2. Who saved Conchobor and his son Cuscraid from the battlefield after they were defeated by King Eogan?
3. Whose child lets out an audible scream from the womb?
4. Who convinces Cuchulaiin to go for more training?
5. What are the army's 3,000 elite warriors called?
(d) Gae Bolga.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the poets of Ireland gather to meet?
2. Which warrior lifted grown soldiers over his head?
3. What do Conchobor and his men hunt on their chariots?
4. Which element does Cuchulaiin's girl ask him to carry while jumping?
5. Who is Daire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the discussion between Ailill and Medb and what does it result in?
2. Discuss the origin of the name of Medb's Foul Place.
3. How did Cuchulainn get his name?
4. What does Fergus say about Cuchulainn's childhood?
5. What happens when Cuchulainn realizes he has killed his son?
6. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father and what is his role in the war?
7. Why does Cuchulainn strut around the day after his bloody, warp-spasm induced battle?
8. Who makes up Medb and Ailill's great army?
9. What happens when Donn Cuailng meets Finnbennach? How does their confrontation end?
10. What is a warp spasm and how does it benefit Cuchulainn when he fights the neighborhood boys as a toddler?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)