|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which land does Domnall originate?
2. What are the army's 3,000 elite warriors called?
(b) Gae Bolga.
3. Which drunk man slept with his sister?
4. Which misty figure explains the Tain?
5. What does Cuchulainn drink as an infant?
(a) Goat's milk
(b) Fine wine.
(d) Bull's blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Medb's army searches to find?
2. Who is Daire?
3. Who announces the day and time that is perfect for conceiving a child who would gain great fame in Ireland?
4. How many neighborhood boys does Cuchulainn defeat as a toddler?
5. What is Fedelm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Macha curse the men of Ulster?
2. Who does Derdriu marry and how does their marriage occur?
3. Who is Setanta?
4. Why do the poets of Ireland gather in the section called "Before the Tain?"
5. How does Conchobor become king of Ulster?
6. Why does Cuchulainn spare Orlam's charioteer, then kill him later?
7. Who is Fedelm? What is unique about her and what message does she share with Medb?
8. Who is the first person Cuchulainn kills with the gae bolga? Explain the circumstances that result in the death.
9. How do the scholars learn the tale of the Tain in its entirety?
10. Why do the two pig-keepers in the story begin to compete with each other?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)