|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which misty figure explains the Tain?
2. Who convinces Cuchulaiin to go for more training?
3. Who does Deichtine marry?
(a) Fergus mac Roich.
(c) Sualdam mac Roich..
4. How does the killer of the guard dog make amends for its death?
(a) By volunteering to be a guard dog himself.
(b) By buying a new one.
(c) He does not.
(d) By offering his best dog as a replacement.
5. Who is frightened by Cuchulainn's tree-chopping?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fergus want to marry?
2. Who catches a "bug" from a drink of water?
3. Which husband bragged that his wife could beat the fastest chariot?
4. Who is impressed with Cuchulainn's tree-chopping?
5. What is the name of t he child who screamed in the womb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the origin of the name of Medb's Foul Place.
2. What is the prized possession being sought because of the king and queen's talk and where is it? What is offered in exchange for it?
3. How does Emer's father plan to get rid of Cuchulainn? What is the result?
4. How is it that Loch almost defeats Cuchulainn?
5. Why does Ailill mock Fergus after he loses his sword? In what other way does Ailill mock Fergus and why?
6. Why does Cuchulainn refuse to leave Ferdia's corpse?
7. Chapter XIII contains a long list of great warriors as described by two people. Who are the people and what differs about their descriptions of the great warriors?
8. When Medb and Ailill get Fergus drunk and send him to fight Cuchulainn, why doesn't Cuchulainn kill him?
9. What one asset differs between the king and queen? Who is missing it and how does it make that person feel?
10. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father and what is his role in the war?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)