|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the killer of the guard dog make amends for its death?
(a) By offering his best dog as a replacement.
(b) By buying a new one.
(c) He does not.
(d) By volunteering to be a guard dog himself.
2. Who announces the day and time that is perfect for conceiving a child who would gain great fame in Ireland?
3. What is the name of t he child who screamed in the womb?
4. Which husband bragged that his wife could beat the fastest chariot?
5. Who curses the men of Ulster?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulainn chop down a tree?
2. How does Cuchulainn halt the army's progress upon Ulster?
3. How many babies are born at the finish line of the chariot race?
4. What is the name that Cuchulainn is first called?
5. To whom does Fergus tell stories about Cuchulainn's great adventures and exploits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Setanta?
2. What are the names of the two pig-keepers in the story and what unusual power do both have?
3. What happens when Fergus gets his real sword back? Why does he begin to shear the nearby hills?
4. Why do the two pig-keepers in the story begin to compete with each other?
5. How and when does the war between Ailill and Conchobor's armies begin?
6. How does Emer's father plan to get rid of Cuchulainn? What is the result?
7. What happens when Donn Cuailng meets Finnbennach? How does their confrontation end?
8. Why do the poets of Ireland gather in the section called "Before the Tain?"
9. How does Cuchulainn slow down the great army? What is unusual about his technique? How does the army adjust?
10. What causes King Ailill's daughter Finnabair to fall dead?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)