|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulainn drink as an infant?
(a) Bull's blood.
(b) Fine wine.
(c) Goat's milk
2. Who refuses Conchobor's sexual advances?
3. Who announces the day and time that is perfect for conceiving a child who would gain great fame in Ireland?
4. Who catches a "bug" from a drink of water?
5. Why is Medb convinced the Ulster men will be easily defeated?
(a) They are having labor pains.
(b) They have no hero to lead them.
(c) They are wimps.
(d) They are untrained in war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing the woman who is talking in bed lacks?
2. Who steals Conchobor's weapons and chariot?
3. Which husband bragged that his wife could beat the fastest chariot?
4. What does Cuchulainn do to the horses of the charioteers he stops?
5. Who is frightened by Cuchulainn's tree-chopping?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the men of Ulster defenseless against a group of invading marauders? Why wasn't Cuchulainn affected?
2. What is the prized possession being sought because of the king and queen's talk and where is it? What is offered in exchange for it?
3. How does Conchobor become king of Ulster?
4. How does Cuchulainn slow down the great army? What is unusual about his technique? How does the army adjust?
5. Who does Derdriu marry and how does their marriage occur?
6. Why does Macha curse the men of Ulster?
7. Why does Cuchulainn spare Orlam's charioteer, then kill him later?
8. Who makes up Medb and Ailill's great army?
9. What is a warp spasm and how does it benefit Cuchulainn when he fights the neighborhood boys as a toddler?
10. What vow does Cuchulainn make to himself and how is it related to the names of the fords and plains of the story?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)