|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the toddler Cuchulainn defeat the neighborhood boys?
(a) By going into a warp spasm.
(b) By throwing a tantrum.
(c) By puking on them.
(d) By telling their mothers.
2. Who slays both Noisiu and Fiacha?
3. Who announces the day and time that is perfect for conceiving a child who would gain great fame in Ireland?
4. How does Cuchulainn halt the army's progress upon Ulster?
(a) With pure luck.
(b) With a magical spancel-hoop.
(c) With a curse of pain.
(d) With a secret potion.
5. How many marauders attacked Ulster when Cuchulainn had to save it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is given in exchange for the baby born at the inn?
2. Who raced the chariot?
3. How is the story of the Tain recorded?
4. Which king is forced into exile by the men of the community?
5. Who kills a guard dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Conchobor become king of Ulster?
2. How does Derdriu die?
3. Who makes up Medb and Ailill's great army?
4. How does Cuchulainn slow down the great army? What is unusual about his technique? How does the army adjust?
5. Discuss "woman's thinking" as the great army nears Ulster.
6. Who is Fedelm? What is unique about her and what message does she share with Medb?
7. Describe the discussion between Ailill and Medb and what does it result in?
8. Why does Cuchulainn spare Orlam's charioteer, then kill him later?
9. Name three creatures that become involved in the epic battle between the two pig-keepers.
10. What does Fergus say about Cuchulainn's childhood?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)