|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who catches a "bug" from a drink of water?
2. Who knows the whole story of "Tain Bo Cuailnge?"
(d) No one.
3. Who gives the prediction that the first person to take up arms on a particular day would become a great warrior?
4. What is the topic of the couple who is talking in bed?
(a) Friend comparison.
(b) Leadership ability comparison.
(c) Wealth comparison.
(d) Jewel comparison.
5. Which king is forced into exile by the men of the community?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Finnbennach?
2. How many feats must Cuchulainn complete to win his girl's heart?
3. Which child is reared by the entire community?
4. Whose child lets out an audible scream from the womb?
5. How many grown soldiers were lifted over the warrior's head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a warp spasm and how does it benefit Cuchulainn when he fights the neighborhood boys as a toddler?
2. How does Conchobor become king of Ulster?
3. How did Cuchulainn get his name?
4. What is the prized possession being sought because of the king and queen's talk and where is it? What is offered in exchange for it?
5. Describe the discussion between Ailill and Medb and what does it result in?
6. How does Derdriu die?
7. What does the owner of the prized possession think about the exchange offer and what is the ultimate result of it?
8. Discuss "woman's thinking" as the great army nears Ulster.
9. How do the scholars learn the tale of the Tain in its entirety?
10. What was the prophecy spoken of Derdriu?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)