|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is strange about Fedelm?
(a) She has no pupils in her eyes.
(b) She has 3 eyes.
(c) She has no irises in her eyes.
(d) She has 3 irises in each eye.
2. How many marauders attacked Ulster when Cuchulainn had to save it?
3. What is the name of t he child who screamed in the womb?
4. What is Fedelm?
(a) A prophetess.
(b) A blind girl.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A witch.
5. How is the story of the Tain recorded?
(a) In pictures.
(b) In writing.
(c) By oral tradition.
(d) On cave walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which drunk man slept with his sister?
2. Who announces the day and time that is perfect for conceiving a child who would gain great fame in Ireland?
3. Where is the inn in which Conchobor and his men find shelter during their hunt?
4. What are the army's 3,000 elite warriors called?
5. Who explains the scream heard from the womb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss "woman's thinking" as the great army nears Ulster.
2. Who is the first person Cuchulainn kills with the gae bolga? Explain the circumstances that result in the death.
3. How does Emer's father plan to get rid of Cuchulainn? What is the result?
4. What was the prophecy spoken of Derdriu?
5. Name three creatures that become involved in the epic battle between the two pig-keepers.
6. Describe the discussion between Ailill and Medb and what does it result in?
7. What happens when Cuchulainn realizes he has killed his son?
8. What three tasks does Emer require her suitor to complete?
9. How does Cuchulainn slow down the great army? What is unusual about his technique? How does the army adjust?
10. What vow does Cuchulainn make to himself and how is it related to the names of the fords and plains of the story?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)