|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which girl does Cuchulainn court?
2. Whose child lets out an audible scream from the womb?
3. Who forces Aife to bear a son?
4. Who kills a guard dog?
5. Who is Donn Cuailnge?
(a) Another great bull.
(b) The queen's lover.
(c) A court jester.
(d) The king's lead warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slays both Noisiu and Fiacha?
2. What is Fedelm?
3. How long does the curse on the men of Ulster last?
4. Who curses the men of Ulster?
5. How does the chariot race end?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Setanta?
2. Why do the poets of Ireland gather in the section called "Before the Tain?"
3. How does Cuchulainn slow down the great army? What is unusual about his technique? How does the army adjust?
4. What three tasks does Emer require her suitor to complete?
5. Name three creatures that become involved in the epic battle between the two pig-keepers.
6. What happens when Cuchulainn realizes he has killed his son?
7. Why do the two pig-keepers in the story begin to compete with each other?
8. What does the owner of the prized possession think about the exchange offer and what is the ultimate result of it?
9. What does Fergus say about Cuchulainn's childhood?
10. Who is the first person Cuchulainn kills with the gae bolga? Explain the circumstances that result in the death.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)