|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Finnbennach?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A bull.
(c) A king.
(d) The queen's lover.
2. Who raced the chariot?
3. Who announces the day and time that is perfect for conceiving a child who would gain great fame in Ireland?
4. What are the army's 3,000 elite warriors called?
(b) Gae Bolga.
5. Which girl does Cuchulainn court?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which warrior lifted grown soldiers over his head?
2. How many marauders attacked Ulster when Cuchulainn had to save it?
3. Who is Emer's father?
4. Who saved Conchobor and his son Cuscraid from the battlefield after they were defeated by King Eogan?
5. Why is Medb convinced the Ulster men will be easily defeated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Setanta?
2. How do the scholars learn the tale of the Tain in its entirety?
3. Who does Derdriu marry and how does their marriage occur?
4. Why does Cuchulainn spare Orlam's charioteer, then kill him later?
5. What vow does Cuchulainn make to himself and how is it related to the names of the fords and plains of the story?
6. What happens when Cuchulainn realizes he has killed his son?
7. Why were the men of Ulster defenseless against a group of invading marauders? Why wasn't Cuchulainn affected?
8. What one asset differs between the king and queen? Who is missing it and how does it make that person feel?
9. What are the names of the two pig-keepers in the story and what unusual power do both have?
10. How does Cuchulainn slow down the great army? What is unusual about his technique? How does the army adjust?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)