|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Donn Cuailnge?
(a) Another great bull.
(b) The queen's lover.
(c) The king's lead warrior.
(d) A court jester.
2. Who is the wise judge that Conchobor consults?
3. How many men does Cuchulaiin's girl want him to kill at each ford?
4. Who is the first handsome young man in which Derdriu has an interest?
5. What are the army's 3,000 elite warriors called?
(d) Gae Bolga.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Emer's father?
2. Which of Medb's sons is beheaded by Cuchulainn?
3. Which child is reared by the entire community?
4. Who recreated the magical spancel-hoop?
5. Which husband bragged that his wife could beat the fastest chariot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cuchulainn spare Orlam's charioteer, then kill him later?
2. What is a warp spasm and how does it benefit Cuchulainn when he fights the neighborhood boys as a toddler?
3. What was the prophecy spoken of Derdriu?
4. Name three creatures that become involved in the epic battle between the two pig-keepers.
5. Discuss "woman's thinking" as the great army nears Ulster.
6. What does the owner of the prized possession think about the exchange offer and what is the ultimate result of it?
7. How does Derdriu die?
8. What one asset differs between the king and queen? Who is missing it and how does it make that person feel?
9. Why do the two pig-keepers in the story begin to compete with each other?
10. How does Cuchulainn slow down the great army? What is unusual about his technique? How does the army adjust?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)