|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the toddler Cuchulainn defeat the neighborhood boys?
(a) By throwing a tantrum.
(b) By going into a warp spasm.
(c) By puking on them.
(d) By telling their mothers.
2. Who decides to raise the evil child who screamed in the womb?
3. How many men does Cuchulaiin's girl want him to kill at each ford?
4. In which land does Domnall originate?
5. What does Cuchulainn do to the horses of the charioteers he stops?
(b) Eats them.
(c) Keeps them.
(d) Cuts their ears off.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Cuchulainn capture a live wild deer and a flock of swans?
2. What is given in exchange for the baby born at the inn?
3. What does Cuchulainn drink as an infant?
4. What is strange about Fedelm?
5. Which element does Cuchulaiin's girl ask him to carry while jumping?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Medb and Ailill get Fergus drunk and send him to fight Cuchulainn, why doesn't Cuchulainn kill him?
2. Why were the men of Ulster defenseless against a group of invading marauders? Why wasn't Cuchulainn affected?
3. Who saves Cuchulainn's life as he faces a man and his 27 sons?
4. Describe Cur's attack on Cuchulainn. Who wins the fight and how?
5. Describe the discussion between Ailill and Medb and what does it result in?
6. Where is Cuchulainn when the battle between Ailill and Conchobor's armies begin? Who tells him the progress of the armies?
7. Why does Cuchulainn strut around the day after his bloody, warp-spasm induced battle?
8. How does Conchobor become king of Ulster?
9. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father and what is his role in the war?
10. Who is Cuchulainn's longest battle with and why?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)