|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many charioteers does Cuchulainn stop with one fallen tree?
2. Who is sent to find the story of "Tain Bo Cuailnge?"
(b) A group of young scholars.
3. Who kills a guard dog?
4. What is the one thing the woman who is talking in bed lacks?
(b) A bull.
(c) A ruby.
(d) A best friend.
5. Which child is reared by the entire community?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Finnbennach?
2. Who explains the scream heard from the womb?
3. What does Cuchulainn do to the horses of the charioteers he stops?
4. How old is Cuchulainn's son when he arrives to his father?
5. What is the name of Conchobor's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the men of Ulster defenseless against a group of invading marauders? Why wasn't Cuchulainn affected?
2. What was the prophecy spoken of Derdriu?
3. Who does Derdriu marry and how does their marriage occur?
4. Name three creatures that become involved in the epic battle between the two pig-keepers.
5. Who is the first person Cuchulainn kills with the gae bolga? Explain the circumstances that result in the death.
6. Why do the two pig-keepers in the story begin to compete with each other?
7. How does Emer's father plan to get rid of Cuchulainn? What is the result?
8. Describe the discussion between Ailill and Medb and what does it result in?
9. How does Conchobor become king of Ulster?
10. What happens when Cuchulainn realizes he has killed his son?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)