|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does Cuchulaiin's girl want him to kill at each ford?
2. Who is named king for one year?
3. Who warns the men of Ulster of the pending war?
4. Who convinces Cuchulaiin to go for more training?
5. Which husband bragged that his wife could beat the fastest chariot?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many babies are born at the finish line of the chariot race?
2. Who catches a "bug" from a drink of water?
3. Which of Medb's sons is beheaded by Cuchulainn?
4. Who knows the whole story of "Tain Bo Cuailnge?"
5. How old was Cuchulainn when he saved Ulster from attacking marauders?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fergus lose his sword? What does he do without it?
2. Who makes up Medb and Ailill's great army?
3. What happens when Cuchulainn realizes he has killed his son?
4. What happens when Donn Cuailng meets Finnbennach? How does their confrontation end?
5. Describe how Cuchulainn finally defeats Ferdia. Explain how the weapon he used works.
6. What vow does Cuchulainn make to himself and how is it related to the names of the fords and plains of the story?
7. Who is Setanta?
8. How does Cuchulainn slow down the great army? What is unusual about his technique? How does the army adjust?
9. Why does Ailill mock Fergus after he loses his sword? In what other way does Ailill mock Fergus and why?
10. How does Emer's father plan to get rid of Cuchulainn? What is the result?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)