|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing the woman who is talking in bed lacks?
(a) A bull.
(c) A best friend.
(d) A ruby.
2. What is Fedelm?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A prophetess.
(c) A blind girl.
(d) A witch.
3. Why is Medb convinced the Ulster men will be easily defeated?
(a) They are wimps.
(b) They are having labor pains.
(c) They have no hero to lead them.
(d) They are untrained in war.
4. Who catches a "bug" from a drink of water?
5. Which warrior lifted grown soldiers over his head?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refused to serve under a woman?
2. Who is Emer's father?
3. Where is the inn in which Conchobor and his men find shelter during their hunt?
4. Who acts as a midwife, delivering a child at the inn?
5. What is strange about Fedelm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three tasks does Emer require her suitor to complete?
2. What happens when Cuchulainn realizes he has killed his son?
3. What does Fergus say about Cuchulainn's childhood?
4. Why do the two pig-keepers in the story begin to compete with each other?
5. Who is Setanta?
6. What is the prized possession being sought because of the king and queen's talk and where is it? What is offered in exchange for it?
7. What one asset differs between the king and queen? Who is missing it and how does it make that person feel?
8. Why were the men of Ulster defenseless against a group of invading marauders? Why wasn't Cuchulainn affected?
9. What are the names of the two pig-keepers in the story and what unusual power do both have?
10. Name three creatures that become involved in the epic battle between the two pig-keepers.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)