|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the poets of Ireland gather to meet?
(c) Senchan Torpeist.
(d) Fergus mac Roich.
2. Which husband bragged that his wife could beat the fastest chariot?
3. Who explains the scream heard from the womb?
4. Who kills Cuchulainn's son?
5. What is the one thing the woman who is talking in bed lacks?
(b) A ruby.
(c) A bull.
(d) A best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Medb's army searches to find?
2. In which land does Domnall originate?
3. What is the name of Sualdam's son?
4. Which misty figure explains the Tain?
5. What is the name of Conchobor's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the names of the two pig-keepers in the story and what unusual power do both have?
2. How do the scholars learn the tale of the Tain in its entirety?
3. What is the prized possession being sought because of the king and queen's talk and where is it? What is offered in exchange for it?
4. What is a warp spasm and how does it benefit Cuchulainn when he fights the neighborhood boys as a toddler?
5. How does Cuchulainn slow down the great army? What is unusual about his technique? How does the army adjust?
6. What happens when Cuchulainn realizes he has killed his son?
7. Name three creatures that become involved in the epic battle between the two pig-keepers.
8. What is unusual about Fedlimid's pregnant wife?
9. Why were the men of Ulster defenseless against a group of invading marauders? Why wasn't Cuchulainn affected?
10. Why do the poets of Ireland gather in the section called "Before the Tain?"
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)