|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which land does Domnall originate?
2. Who refuses Conchobor's sexual advances?
3. Who does Deichtine marry?
(b) Fergus mac Roich.
(c) Sualdam mac Roich..
4. How many babies are born at the finish line of the chariot race?
5. Who does Fergus want to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the chariot race end?
2. Who do the poets of Ireland gather to meet?
3. How does the army circumvent the trap left in the road for them?
4. Who acts as a midwife, delivering a child at the inn?
5. How old was Cuchulainn when he saved Ulster from attacking marauders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cuchulainn spare Orlam's charioteer, then kill him later?
2. What three tasks does Emer require her suitor to complete?
3. What is a warp spasm and how does it benefit Cuchulainn when he fights the neighborhood boys as a toddler?
4. How does Emer's father plan to get rid of Cuchulainn? What is the result?
5. Why do the poets of Ireland gather in the section called "Before the Tain?"
6. What does Fergus say about Cuchulainn's childhood?
7. Who is the first person Cuchulainn kills with the gae bolga? Explain the circumstances that result in the death.
8. Why were the men of Ulster defenseless against a group of invading marauders? Why wasn't Cuchulainn affected?
9. What is the prized possession being sought because of the king and queen's talk and where is it? What is offered in exchange for it?
10. How does Derdriu die?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)