|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Medb's army searches to find?
(b) The king.
(d) The bull.
2. What is used for hobbling animals?
(a) A gae bolga.
(b) A magical spancel-hoop.
(c) A space leap.
(d) A warp spasm.
3. Who does Deichtine marry?
(a) Fergus mac Roich.
(c) Sualdam mac Roich..
4. How old is Cuchulainn's son when he arrives to his father?
5. How does Cuchulainn chop down a tree?
(a) Snaps it with his bare hands.
(b) With one chop.
(c) With a live beaver to saw through it.
(d) Using his own teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the poets of Ireland gather to meet?
2. Who raced the chariot?
3. What is the one thing the woman who is talking in bed lacks?
4. Which element does Cuchulaiin's girl ask him to carry while jumping?
5. How does the army circumvent the trap left in the road for them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Macha curse the men of Ulster?
2. Why does Cuchulainn spare Orlam's charioteer, then kill him later?
3. Why do the poets of Ireland gather in the section called "Before the Tain?"
4. What is unusual about Fedlimid's pregnant wife?
5. What does the owner of the prized possession think about the exchange offer and what is the ultimate result of it?
6. Who is the first person Cuchulainn kills with the gae bolga? Explain the circumstances that result in the death.
7. Name three creatures that become involved in the epic battle between the two pig-keepers.
8. What vow does Cuchulainn make to himself and how is it related to the names of the fords and plains of the story?
9. How do the scholars learn the tale of the Tain in its entirety?
10. What are the names of the two pig-keepers in the story and what unusual power do both have?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)