|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which river in Section VI swells and carries off one-hundred chariots?
2. Who do the king and queen believe to be their final solution in killing Cuchulainn?
3. Who refuses to fight a beardless boy?
4. How large were the wounds suffered by Cuchulainn and his foster-brother after the second day of fighting?
(a) Large enough to fit a leprechaun in.
(b) Large enough for birds to fly through.
(c) Large enough to fit a man's head in.
(d) Large enough for a bull to stick his head in.
5. What does Medb have bards and poets tell about in Chapter XI?
(a) Cuchulainn's evil monstrous personality.
(b) Ferdia's cowardice.
(c) Fedlam's wicked ways.
(d) Ferdia's loyalty.
6. Which woman does Cuchulainn resist in Section VIII?
(a) An angel.
7. What weapon does Cuchulainn take with him when he meets Medb at their "truce" meeting?
8. Who starts a war with Ailill's army after a truce is made with Rochad?
(b) The Galeoin Warriors.
(c) Kings of Munster.
9. Who is the fierce Ulster warrior who kills several army members while Cuchulainn is being healed?
10. How many sons does Gaile Dana have?
11. Who intervenes to help Cuchulainn fight Gaile Dana and his sons?
(d) Fiacha .
12. Who is sent to portray Ailill in a meeting with Cuchulainn?
13. Who is only severely maimed by Cuchulainn in Section VIII?
14. What is the name of Medb's herdsman killed in Section VI?
(b) Glenn Gatlaig,
15. Who tries to get Cuchulainn to leave his foster-brother's corpse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by the things they do and have?
2. Who is the army scout for Ailill's army?
3. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father?
4. Who is the shepherd responsible for bringing back the bull in Section VIII?
5. Section VI tells how the army is led to which community?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)