|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Section VI tells how the army is led to which community?
2. Who is the youngest boy sent off to war for Ulster in Chapter XIII?
(d) Mac Roth.
3. Who mocks Fergus for going easy against his kinsmen at Ulster?
4. Who is sent to portray Ailill in a meeting with Cuchulainn?
5. What does the healer use to replace the Ulster warrior's missing ribs?
(c) Bones from a wombat.
(d) Chariot parts.
6. How does Cuchulainn protect himself from Gaile Dana and his sons?
(a) With a shield.
(b) By running.
(c) By hiding.
(d) By chasing birds.
7. How long will the Ulster warrior live if restored to full warrior ability?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 1 year.
8. Which river in Section VI seems to flood to bar the army from passing?
9. Why does Fergus agree to face Cuchulainn in Section X?
(a) He doesn't have a choice.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is the only one left.
(d) He's old and ready to die.
10. Who is the fierce Ulster warrior who kills several army members while Cuchulainn is being healed?
11. How many versions of how the army arrives in a new community are told in Section VI?
12. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on day two of their fight in Chapter XI?
(b) Darts with poison.
(d) Stabbing spears.
13. Who slays the shepherd responsible for bringing the bull back in Section VII?
14. What weapon does Cuchulainn use in Section VII to continue killing the army's men at night from afar?
(d) Poison darts.
15. Who tries to get Cuchulainn to leave his foster-brother's corpse?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulainn kill the person sent to seize his javelin from him?
2. Who does Ailill make fun of for not being a real king?
3. Which warrior refuses to fight Cuchulainn in Section VII?
4. What does Medb have bards and poets tell about in Chapter XI?
5. Who do the king and queen believe to be their final solution in killing Cuchulainn?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)