|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the army hear the bull is hiding?
(a) Black Cauldron.
2. Who do the king and queen believe to be their final solution in killing Cuchulainn?
3. Who warns Conchobor of the approaching army in Chapter XII?
4. Who slays the shepherd responsible for bringing the bull back in Section VII?
5. How long will the Ulster warrior live if restored to full warrior ability?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 30 days.
6. Who starts a war with Ailill's army after a truce is made with Rochad?
(c) Kings of Munster.
(d) The Galeoin Warriors.
7. How many sons does Gaile Dana have?
8. Who was sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin from him?
(b) A satirist.
(c) A bold warrior.
(d) A court jester.
9. Who is the youngest boy sent off to war for Ulster in Chapter XIII?
(d) Mac Roth.
10. What is the name of the royal healer who restores the Ulster warrior's health?
11. How does Cuchulainn finally end the fight between him and his foster-brother in Chapter XI?
(a) By cutting off his head.
(b) With the gae bolga.
(c) By stabbing him in the back.
(d) By poisoning his water.
12. What is the second weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
(d) Iron darts and shields.
13. Which river in Section VI seems to flood to bar the army from passing?
14. What is the name of Medb's herdsman killed in Section VI?
(a) Glenn Gatlaig,
15. Who mocks Fergus for going easy against his kinsmen at Ulster?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the healer use to replace the Ulster warrior's missing ribs?
2. Who is the fierce Ulster warrior who kills several army members while Cuchulainn is being healed?
3. What does Cuchulainn drink that unwittingly heals an old woman?
4. How many versions of how the army arrives in a new community are told in Section VI?
5. Who warns Cuchulainn that Medb is planning to ambush him?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)