|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Finnabair smitten in Chapter XII?
2. What does the healer use to replace the Ulster warrior's missing ribs?
(c) Chariot parts.
(d) Bones from a wombat.
3. Which warrior refuses to fight Cuchulainn in Section VII?
4. Who warns Conchobor of the approaching army in Chapter XII?
5. Where does the army hear the bull is hiding?
(c) Black Cauldron.
6. Which river in Section VI swells and carries off one-hundred chariots?
7. What does Cuchulainn use to stain his face so that it appears "bearded?"
(d) Berry juice.
8. Who is the shepherd responsible for bringing back the bull in Section VIII?
9. When the person sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin was killed, what did he/she call the weapon?
(a) An evil glare
(b) The rope of death.
(c) A big headache.
(d) An overwhelming gift.
10. How does Cuchulainn protect himself from Gaile Dana and his sons?
(a) By hiding.
(b) With a shield.
(c) By running.
(d) By chasing birds.
11. Which woman does Cuchulainn resist in Section VIII?
(b) An angel.
12. What word does Medb use to describe her thighs in Chapter XI?
13. Who starts a war with Ailill's army after a truce is made with Rochad?
(b) The Galeoin Warriors.
(c) Kings of Munster.
14. Who refuses to fight a beardless boy?
15. Who is angered that Finnabair spends a night with a man?
(b) Kings of Munster.
(c) Warriors of Ulster.
(d) The Galeoin Warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
2. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by their lineage?
3. What weapon does Cuchulainn use in Section VII to continue killing the army's men at night from afar?
4. How does the second day of fighting end in Chapter XI between Cuchulainn and his foster-brother?
5. How does the first day of fighting end for Cuchulainn and his foster-brother in Chapter XI?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)