|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cuchulainn summon to help scout the advancing army?
2. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on their third day of fighting?
(b) Poison darts.
(c) Hot nails.
3. Which lieutenant meets with Cuchulainn and strikes a truce?
4. How many versions of how the army arrives in a new community are told in Section VI?
5. Section VI tells how the army is led to which community?
6. Which river in Section VI swells and carries off one-hundred chariots?
7. Who intervenes to help Cuchulainn fight Gaile Dana and his sons?
(c) Fiacha .
8. Who refuses to fight a beardless boy?
9. Why doesn't Cuchulainn want to fight Ferbaeth?
(a) Ferbaeth doesn't have a beard.
(b) They are foster brothers.
(c) Ferbaeth isn't much of a challenge.
(d) He is much bigger.
10. Why does Fergus agree to face Cuchulainn in Section X?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He doesn't have a choice.
(c) He is the only one left.
(d) He's old and ready to die.
11. How does Cuchulainn protect himself from Gaile Dana and his sons?
(a) By chasing birds.
(b) By running.
(c) With a shield.
(d) By hiding.
12. Who warns Cuchulainn that Medb is planning to ambush him?
13. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by their lineage?
(c) Mac Roth.
14. Who do the king and queen believe to be their final solution in killing Cuchulainn?
15. Why does Fergus fear Gaile Dana and his sons will kill Cuchulainn?
(a) They are crazy mean.
(b) They have poison on their weapons.
(c) There are so many of them.
(d) They are much larger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cuchulainn use to stain his face so that it appears "bearded?"
2. Who was sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin from him?
3. What word does Medb use to describe her thighs in Chapter XI?
4. Who accompanied Fergus to offer Ailill's truce offer to Cuchulainn?
5. Where does the army hear the bull is hiding?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)