|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
(d) Iron darts and shields.
2. Whose sword is stolen in Section VI?
3. Who is angered that Finnabair spends a night with a man?
(a) Kings of Munster.
(b) Warriors of Ulster.
(c) The Galeoin Warriors.
4. How many men does Cuchulainn kill when Medb's army attack him at their "truce" meeting?
5. Who is sent to portray Ailill in a meeting with Cuchulainn?
6. How many sons does Gaile Dana have?
7. What weapon does Cuchulainn take with him when he meets Medb at their "truce" meeting?
8. Which woman does Cuchulainn resist in Section VIII?
(b) An angel.
9. What does Cuchulainn drink that unwittingly heals an old woman?
(a) Berry juice.
10. Why doesn't Cuchulainn want to fight Ferbaeth?
(a) He is much bigger.
(b) They are foster brothers.
(c) Ferbaeth isn't much of a challenge.
(d) Ferbaeth doesn't have a beard.
11. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father?
12. How does Cuchulainn finally end the fight between him and his foster-brother in Chapter XI?
(a) By stabbing him in the back.
(b) By poisoning his water.
(c) By cutting off his head.
(d) With the gae bolga.
13. Who suffers death by apple in Section VIII?
(c) The bull.
14. What is the name of Cuchulainn's divine god-like father?
15. Who starts a war with Ailill's army after a truce is made with Rochad?
(a) The Galeoin Warriors.
(b) Kings of Munster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets his hair and clothing cut by Cuchulainn before the warrior finally just kills him?
2. Who warns Cuchulainn that Medb is planning to ambush him?
3. Where is Cuchulainn taken to recuperate?
4. Who slays the shepherd responsible for bringing the bull back in Section VII?
5. What is the second weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)