|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin from him?
(a) A bold warrior.
(b) A satirist.
(c) A court jester.
2. Which warrior agrees to fight Cuchulainn in Section VII in exchange for marrying Ailill's daughter?
3. Who is sent to portray Ailill in a meeting with Cuchulainn?
4. Where does Medb find the prized bull?
(a) In Druid.
(b) In her backyard.
(c) In Ulster.
(d) In Cuib.
5. Why does Fergus agree to face Cuchulainn in Section X?
(a) He's old and ready to die.
(b) He doesn't have a choice.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is the only one left.
6. Who does Cuchulainn summon to help scout the advancing army?
7. Who does Ailill make fun of for not being a real king?
8. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by the things they do and have?
(b) Mac Roth.
9. Who is the fierce Ulster warrior who kills several army members while Cuchulainn is being healed?
10. With whom is Finnabair smitten in Chapter XII?
11. Which river in Section VI swells and carries off one-hundred chariots?
12. What does Cuchulainn drink that unwittingly heals an old woman?
(c) Berry juice.
13. What weapon does Cuchulainn take with him when he meets Medb at their "truce" meeting?
14. How many healing options does the royal healer give to the Ulster warrior?
15. How long will the Ulster warrior live if restored to full warrior ability?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Cuchulainn want to fight Ferbaeth?
2. How does the second day of fighting end in Chapter XI between Cuchulainn and his foster-brother?
3. Why does Fergus fear Gaile Dana and his sons will kill Cuchulainn?
4. How large were the wounds suffered by Cuchulainn and his foster-brother after the second day of fighting?
5. Who slays the shepherd responsible for bringing the bull back in Section VII?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)