|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which woman does Cuchulainn resist in Section VIII?
(a) An angel.
2. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on day two of their fight in Chapter XI?
(a) Darts with poison.
(c) Stabbing spears.
3. Who mocks Fergus for going easy against his kinsmen at Ulster?
4. With whom is Finnabair smitten in Chapter XII?
5. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by the things they do and have?
(b) Mac Roth.
6. What is the name of Medb's herdsman killed in Section VI?
(c) Glenn Gatlaig,
7. Who does Ailill make fun of for not being a real king?
8. Who warns Cuchulainn that Medb is planning to ambush him?
9. Who is the fierce Ulster warrior who kills several army members while Cuchulainn is being healed?
10. What convinces Ferbaeth to fight Cuchulainn?
(a) He takes steroids and thinks he can win.
(b) Ailill gets him drunk and talks him into it.
(c) He wants to prove he's better.
(d) He wants to kill Cuchulainn.
11. How does Cuchulainn kill the person sent to seize his javelin from him?
(a) With the javelin in his head.
(b) With a cold stare.
(c) With a noose.
(d) With a slingshot.
12. What is the name of Cuchulainn's divine god-like father?
13. What is the second weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
(c) Iron darts and shields.
14. Which river in Section VI seems to flood to bar the army from passing?
15. Which lieutenant meets with Cuchulainn and strikes a truce?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will the Ulster warrior live if restored to full warrior ability?
2. Who intervenes to help Cuchulainn fight Gaile Dana and his sons?
3. How does Cuchulainn finally end the fight between him and his foster-brother in Chapter XI?
4. Who is a criminal in Ailill's kingdom wishing to get pardoned by slaying Cuchulainn?
5. Which river in Section VI swells and carries off one-hundred chariots?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)