|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which woman does Cuchulainn resist in Section VIII?
(c) An angel.
2. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on their third day of fighting?
(c) Poison darts.
(d) Hot nails.
3. Who is the fierce Ulster warrior who kills several army members while Cuchulainn is being healed?
4. Who does Ailill make fun of for not being a real king?
5. Who is sent to portray Ailill in a meeting with Cuchulainn?
6. When the person sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin was killed, what did he/she call the weapon?
(a) The rope of death.
(b) A big headache.
(c) An evil glare
(d) An overwhelming gift.
7. Who does Cuchulainn summon to help scout the advancing army?
8. How does the second day of fighting end in Chapter XI between Cuchulainn and his foster-brother?
(a) Another stalemate.
(b) The foster-brother wins.
(c) Cuchulainn wins again.
(d) The book does not say.
9. What is the second weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
(b) Iron darts and shields.
10. Section VI tells how the army is led to which community?
11. Who helps Cuchulainn develop a fake beard?
(a) His servant.
(b) His charioteer.
(d) His father.
12. Who mocks Fergus for going easy against his kinsmen at Ulster?
13. Where does Medb find the prized bull?
(a) In Ulster.
(b) In Cuib.
(c) In Druid.
(d) In her backyard.
14. How large were the wounds suffered by Cuchulainn and his foster-brother after the second day of fighting?
(a) Large enough for a bull to stick his head in.
(b) Large enough to fit a leprechaun in.
(c) Large enough to fit a man's head in.
(d) Large enough for birds to fly through.
15. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by the things they do and have?
(b) Mac Roth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the method of fighting used between Cuchulainn and the representative of Ailill's army at the end of Section VII?
2. Which lieutenant meets with Cuchulainn and strikes a truce?
3. Who suffers death by apple in Section VIII?
4. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father?
5. Where does the army hear the bull is hiding?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)