|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will the Ulster warrior live if restored to full warrior ability?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 days.
2. What is the name of the royal healer who restores the Ulster warrior's health?
3. How many healing options does the royal healer give to the Ulster warrior?
4. Which lieutenant meets with Cuchulainn and strikes a truce?
5. Who is the fierce Ulster warrior who kills several army members while Cuchulainn is being healed?
6. What does Medb have bards and poets tell about in Chapter XI?
(a) Cuchulainn's evil monstrous personality.
(b) Ferdia's cowardice.
(c) Fedlam's wicked ways.
(d) Ferdia's loyalty.
7. How does the first day of fighting end for Cuchulainn and his foster-brother in Chapter XI?
(a) Cuchulainn could have won, but went easy on his foster-brother.
(b) The book does not say.
(d) Cuchulainn wins.
8. Why does Fergus fear Gaile Dana and his sons will kill Cuchulainn?
(a) They are crazy mean.
(b) They have poison on their weapons.
(c) They are much larger.
(d) There are so many of them.
9. What does Cuchulainn use to stain his face so that it appears "bearded?"
(c) Berry juice.
10. Where does Medb find the prized bull?
(a) In her backyard.
(b) In Ulster.
(c) In Druid.
(d) In Cuib.
11. Whose sword is stolen in Section VI?
12. Who is sent to portray Ailill in a meeting with Cuchulainn?
13. Who slays the shepherd responsible for bringing the bull back in Section VII?
14. Who is the shepherd responsible for bringing back the bull in Section VIII?
15. Who is angered that Finnabair spends a night with a man?
(a) Warriors of Ulster.
(b) Kings of Munster.
(d) The Galeoin Warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Medb's herdsman killed in Section VI?
2. Who is a criminal in Ailill's kingdom wishing to get pardoned by slaying Cuchulainn?
3. Which river in Section VI seems to flood to bar the army from passing?
4. Who warns Conchobor of the approaching army in Chapter XII?
5. Who falls dead from shame in Chapter XII after having been responsible for so many deaths?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)