|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Conchobor of the approaching army in Chapter XII?
2. How does the first day of fighting end for Cuchulainn and his foster-brother in Chapter XI?
(a) Cuchulainn could have won, but went easy on his foster-brother.
(c) The book does not say.
(d) Cuchulainn wins.
3. Who mocks Fergus for going easy against his kinsmen at Ulster?
4. Where is Cuchulainn taken to recuperate?
(b) Glenn Cove.
5. Who is the youngest boy sent off to war for Ulster in Chapter XIII?
(c) Mac Roth.
6. What is the first weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
(c) Iron darts and shields.
7. How many healing options does the royal healer give to the Ulster warrior?
8. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on day two of their fight in Chapter XI?
(b) Stabbing spears.
(c) Darts with poison.
9. Who does Cuchulainn summon to help scout the advancing army?
10. Who do the king and queen believe to be their final solution in killing Cuchulainn?
11. Section VI tells how the army is led to which community?
12. Where does Medb find the prized bull?
(a) In Ulster.
(b) In her backyard.
(c) In Druid.
(d) In Cuib.
13. What is the name of Cuchulainn's divine god-like father?
14. What does Medb have bards and poets tell about in Chapter XI?
(a) Cuchulainn's evil monstrous personality.
(b) Ferdia's loyalty.
(c) Ferdia's cowardice.
(d) Fedlam's wicked ways.
15. With whom is Finnabair smitten in Chapter XII?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Medb's herdsman killed in Section VI?
2. How large were the wounds suffered by Cuchulainn and his foster-brother after the second day of fighting?
3. Which lieutenant meets with Cuchulainn and strikes a truce?
4. Who helps Cuchulainn develop a fake beard?
5. Why doesn't Cuchulainn want to fight Ferbaeth?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)