|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cuchulainn protect himself from Gaile Dana and his sons?
(a) By hiding.
(b) By running.
(c) With a shield.
(d) By chasing birds.
2. Who accompanied Fergus to offer Ailill's truce offer to Cuchulainn?
3. What is the second weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
(d) Iron darts and shields.
4. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on day two of their fight in Chapter XI?
(a) Stabbing spears.
(c) Darts with poison.
5. What weapon does Cuchulainn take with him when he meets Medb at their "truce" meeting?
6. Who warns Conchobor of the approaching army in Chapter XII?
7. How many healing options does the royal healer give to the Ulster warrior?
8. Who is the youngest boy sent off to war for Ulster in Chapter XIII?
(c) Mac Roth.
9. Who warns Cuchulainn that Medb is planning to ambush him?
10. Who helps Cuchulainn develop a fake beard?
(a) His charioteer.
(b) His father.
(c) His servant.
11. Who is only severely maimed by Cuchulainn in Section VIII?
12. Which river in Section VI seems to flood to bar the army from passing?
13. Who mocks Fergus for going easy against his kinsmen at Ulster?
14. Which river in Section VI swells and carries off one-hundred chariots?
15. Who tries to get Cuchulainn to leave his foster-brother's corpse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
2. How does the second day of fighting end in Chapter XI between Cuchulainn and his foster-brother?
3. Why does Fergus fear Gaile Dana and his sons will kill Cuchulainn?
4. Who is angered that Finnabair spends a night with a man?
5. Who starts a war with Ailill's army after a truce is made with Rochad?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)