|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father?
2. How long will the Ulster warrior live if restored to full warrior ability?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 3 days.
3. What does Cuchulainn use to stain his face so that it appears "bearded?"
(a) Berry juice.
4. Who is sent to portray Ailill in a meeting with Cuchulainn?
5. Who warns Cuchulainn that Medb is planning to ambush him?
6. Section VI tells how the army is led to which community?
7. What does Medb have bards and poets tell about in Chapter XI?
(a) Ferdia's loyalty.
(b) Fedlam's wicked ways.
(c) Cuchulainn's evil monstrous personality.
(d) Ferdia's cowardice.
8. Which river in Section VI seems to flood to bar the army from passing?
9. Which river in Section VI swells and carries off one-hundred chariots?
10. Which lieutenant meets with Cuchulainn and strikes a truce?
11. Where does Medb find the prized bull?
(a) In Cuib.
(b) In Druid.
(c) In her backyard.
(d) In Ulster.
12. Why does Fergus agree to face Cuchulainn in Section X?
(a) He is the only one left.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He doesn't have a choice.
(d) He's old and ready to die.
13. Whose sword is stolen in Section VI?
14. Who is the shepherd responsible for bringing back the bull in Section VIII?
15. How many versions of how the army arrives in a new community are told in Section VI?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts a war with Ailill's army after a truce is made with Rochad?
2. How many sons does Gaile Dana have?
3. What weapon does Cuchulainn take with him when he meets Medb at their "truce" meeting?
4. What is the name of Cuchulainn's divine god-like father?
5. What is the name of Medb's herdsman killed in Section VI?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)