|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Conchobor of the approaching army in Chapter XII?
2. Which river in Section VI swells and carries off one-hundred chariots?
3. What word does Medb use to describe her thighs in Chapter XI?
4. Why doesn't Cuchulainn want to fight Ferbaeth?
(a) Ferbaeth isn't much of a challenge.
(b) He is much bigger.
(c) They are foster brothers.
(d) Ferbaeth doesn't have a beard.
5. Who intervenes to help Cuchulainn fight Gaile Dana and his sons?
(c) Fiacha .
6. Who warns Cuchulainn that Medb is planning to ambush him?
7. Which lieutenant meets with Cuchulainn and strikes a truce?
8. Who was sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin from him?
(a) A satirist.
(b) A bold warrior.
(c) A court jester.
9. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by their lineage?
(d) Mac Roth.
10. How many sons does Gaile Dana have?
11. Who is angered that Finnabair spends a night with a man?
(a) Kings of Munster.
(b) The Galeoin Warriors.
(c) Warriors of Ulster.
12. Who helps Cuchulainn develop a fake beard?
(a) His servant.
(b) His charioteer.
(d) His father.
13. How many healers tell the Ulster warrior that he is beyond help?
14. Which warrior agrees to fight Cuchulainn in Section VII in exchange for marrying Ailill's daughter?
15. Who does Cuchulainn summon to help scout the advancing army?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cuchulainn's divine god-like father?
2. Who is only severely maimed by Cuchulainn in Section VIII?
3. Who is the army scout for Ailill's army?
4. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by the things they do and have?
5. What is the first weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)