|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many versions of how the army arrives in a new community are told in Section VI?
2. Who is sent to portray Ailill in a meeting with Cuchulainn?
3. Who falls dead from shame in Chapter XII after having been responsible for so many deaths?
4. Who is a criminal in Ailill's kingdom wishing to get pardoned by slaying Cuchulainn?
5. Who slays the shepherd responsible for bringing the bull back in Section VII?
6. Who is the army scout for Ailill's army?
(a) Mac Roth.
7. What word does Medb use to describe her thighs in Chapter XI?
8. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father?
9. Who was sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin from him?
(a) A bold warrior.
(b) A court jester.
(d) A satirist.
10. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by the things they do and have?
(d) Mac Roth.
11. What is the method of fighting used between Cuchulainn and the representative of Ailill's army at the end of Section VII?
(a) Spear throwing.
(b) Hand to hand combat.
(d) Sling shot.
12. How many sons does Gaile Dana have?
13. What is the name of Medb's herdsman killed in Section VI?
(c) Glenn Gatlaig,
14. Who suffers death by apple in Section VIII?
(d) The bull.
15. Why doesn't Cuchulainn want to fight Ferbaeth?
(a) Ferbaeth isn't much of a challenge.
(b) Ferbaeth doesn't have a beard.
(c) He is much bigger.
(d) They are foster brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets his hair and clothing cut by Cuchulainn before the warrior finally just kills him?
2. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on day two of their fight in Chapter XI?
3. Which warrior agrees to fight Cuchulainn in Section VII in exchange for marrying Ailill's daughter?
4. With whom is Finnabair smitten in Chapter XII?
5. Who do the king and queen believe to be their final solution in killing Cuchulainn?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)