|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large were the wounds suffered by Cuchulainn and his foster-brother after the second day of fighting?
(a) Large enough for a bull to stick his head in.
(b) Large enough to fit a man's head in.
(c) Large enough to fit a leprechaun in.
(d) Large enough for birds to fly through.
2. Which river in Section VI seems to flood to bar the army from passing?
3. How many healing options does the royal healer give to the Ulster warrior?
4. Where does Medb find the prized bull?
(a) In her backyard.
(b) In Cuib.
(c) In Ulster.
(d) In Druid.
5. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by their lineage?
(c) Mac Roth.
6. Which warrior refuses to fight Cuchulainn in Section VII?
7. Who mocks Fergus for going easy against his kinsmen at Ulster?
8. Which woman does Cuchulainn resist in Section VIII?
(c) An angel.
9. What is the method of fighting used between Cuchulainn and the representative of Ailill's army at the end of Section VII?
(a) Spear throwing.
(c) Sling shot.
(d) Hand to hand combat.
10. Who is angered that Finnabair spends a night with a man?
(a) Warriors of Ulster.
(b) Kings of Munster.
(c) The Galeoin Warriors.
11. Who is the army scout for Ailill's army?
(c) Mac Roth.
12. How does Cuchulainn kill the person sent to seize his javelin from him?
(a) With a slingshot.
(b) With a cold stare.
(c) With a noose.
(d) With the javelin in his head.
13. With whom is Finnabair smitten in Chapter XII?
14. Who is the shepherd responsible for bringing back the bull in Section VIII?
15. Who is the youngest boy sent off to war for Ulster in Chapter XIII?
(a) Mac Roth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the person sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin was killed, what did he/she call the weapon?
2. What weapon does Cuchulainn take with him when he meets Medb at their "truce" meeting?
3. What is the second weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
4. Who intervenes to help Cuchulainn fight Gaile Dana and his sons?
5. Who is the fierce Ulster warrior who kills several army members while Cuchulainn is being healed?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)