|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Finnabair smitten in Chapter XII?
2. What weapon does Cuchulainn use in Section VII to continue killing the army's men at night from afar?
(d) Poison darts.
3. Who is the fierce Ulster warrior who kills several army members while Cuchulainn is being healed?
4. Who do the king and queen believe to be their final solution in killing Cuchulainn?
5. Which warrior agrees to fight Cuchulainn in Section VII in exchange for marrying Ailill's daughter?
6. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by the things they do and have?
(d) Mac Roth.
7. Who intervenes to help Cuchulainn fight Gaile Dana and his sons?
(c) Fiacha .
8. Who is sent to portray Ailill in a meeting with Cuchulainn?
9. How does the first day of fighting end for Cuchulainn and his foster-brother in Chapter XI?
(a) Cuchulainn wins.
(c) The book does not say.
(d) Cuchulainn could have won, but went easy on his foster-brother.
10. How does Cuchulainn finally end the fight between him and his foster-brother in Chapter XI?
(a) With the gae bolga.
(b) By poisoning his water.
(c) By cutting off his head.
(d) By stabbing him in the back.
11. Why does Fergus fear Gaile Dana and his sons will kill Cuchulainn?
(a) They are much larger.
(b) They have poison on their weapons.
(c) They are crazy mean.
(d) There are so many of them.
12. What weapon does Cuchulainn take with him when he meets Medb at their "truce" meeting?
13. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on day two of their fight in Chapter XI?
(a) Stabbing spears.
(c) Darts with poison.
14. What is the name of the royal healer who restores the Ulster warrior's health?
15. Who is angered that Finnabair spends a night with a man?
(a) The Galeoin Warriors.
(b) Kings of Munster.
(c) Warriors of Ulster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the army hear the bull is hiding?
2. What is the first weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
3. How does the second day of fighting end in Chapter XI between Cuchulainn and his foster-brother?
4. Where does Medb find the prized bull?
5. Who is the youngest boy sent off to war for Ulster in Chapter XIII?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)