|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets his hair and clothing cut by Cuchulainn before the warrior finally just kills him?
2. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on their third day of fighting?
(b) Hot nails.
(d) Poison darts.
3. Who describes the massive number of warriors in Chapter XIII by their lineage?
(d) Mac Roth.
4. Why doesn't Cuchulainn want to fight Ferbaeth?
(a) Ferbaeth doesn't have a beard.
(b) Ferbaeth isn't much of a challenge.
(c) They are foster brothers.
(d) He is much bigger.
5. What weapon does Cuchulainn take with him when he meets Medb at their "truce" meeting?
6. What does the healer use to replace the Ulster warrior's missing ribs?
(a) Chariot parts.
(d) Bones from a wombat.
7. What does Cuchulainn drink that unwittingly heals an old woman?
(c) Berry juice.
8. What is the name of the royal healer who restores the Ulster warrior's health?
9. How many sons does Gaile Dana have?
10. Why does Fergus fear Gaile Dana and his sons will kill Cuchulainn?
(a) They are much larger.
(b) They have poison on their weapons.
(c) There are so many of them.
(d) They are crazy mean.
11. Who is the shepherd responsible for bringing back the bull in Section VIII?
12. Who suffers death by apple in Section VIII?
(c) The bull.
13. How does Cuchulainn protect himself from Gaile Dana and his sons?
(a) With a shield.
(b) By hiding.
(c) By running.
(d) By chasing birds.
14. Who is the army scout for Ailill's army?
(a) Mac Roth.
15. Who mocks Fergus for going easy against his kinsmen at Ulster?
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces Ferbaeth to fight Cuchulainn?
2. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father?
3. What is the second weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
4. Who is only severely maimed by Cuchulainn in Section VIII?
5. With whom is Finnabair smitten in Chapter XII?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)