|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
(c) Iron darts and shields.
2. When the person sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin was killed, what did he/she call the weapon?
(a) An evil glare
(b) The rope of death.
(c) A big headache.
(d) An overwhelming gift.
3. What is the method of fighting used between Cuchulainn and the representative of Ailill's army at the end of Section VII?
(b) Sling shot.
(c) Spear throwing.
(d) Hand to hand combat.
4. Who warns Conchobor of the approaching army in Chapter XII?
5. Why does Fergus agree to face Cuchulainn in Section X?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He's old and ready to die.
(c) He doesn't have a choice.
(d) He is the only one left.
6. Where does the army hear the bull is hiding?
(c) Black Cauldron.
7. Who is the army scout for Ailill's army?
(b) Mac Roth.
8. How many versions of how the army arrives in a new community are told in Section VI?
9. What convinces Ferbaeth to fight Cuchulainn?
(a) Ailill gets him drunk and talks him into it.
(b) He wants to kill Cuchulainn.
(c) He wants to prove he's better.
(d) He takes steroids and thinks he can win.
10. What is the name of Cuchulainn's divine god-like father?
11. How does Cuchulainn protect himself from Gaile Dana and his sons?
(a) By chasing birds.
(b) By running.
(c) By hiding.
(d) With a shield.
12. Where is Cuchulainn taken to recuperate?
(b) Glenn Cove.
13. What weapon does Cuchulainn take with him when he meets Medb at their "truce" meeting?
14. What does Cuchulainn use to stain his face so that it appears "bearded?"
(a) Berry juice.
15. Who starts a war with Ailill's army after a truce is made with Rochad?
(c) Kings of Munster.
(d) The Galeoin Warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on their third day of fighting?
2. How many sons does Gaile Dana have?
3. How long will the Ulster warrior live if restored to full warrior ability?
4. How large were the wounds suffered by Cuchulainn and his foster-brother after the second day of fighting?
5. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on day two of their fight in Chapter XI?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)