|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Cuchulainn take with him when he meets Medb at their "truce" meeting?
2. Who was sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin from him?
(a) A bold warrior.
(c) A satirist.
(d) A court jester.
3. What does Cuchulainn drink that unwittingly heals an old woman?
(a) Berry juice.
4. Who refuses to fight a beardless boy?
5. Who falls dead from shame in Chapter XII after having been responsible for so many deaths?
6. What is the second weapon Cuchulainn and his foster-brother choose to fight with in Chapter XI?
(c) Iron darts and shields.
7. How many sons does Gaile Dana have?
8. Who is the army scout for Ailill's army?
(a) Mac Roth.
9. Which lieutenant meets with Cuchulainn and strikes a truce?
10. What word does Medb use to describe her thighs in Chapter XI?
11. What convinces Ferbaeth to fight Cuchulainn?
(a) He takes steroids and thinks he can win.
(b) Ailill gets him drunk and talks him into it.
(c) He wants to prove he's better.
(d) He wants to kill Cuchulainn.
12. Which warrior refuses to fight Cuchulainn in Section VII?
13. Who is Cuchulainn's mortal father?
14. Who does Ailill make fun of for not being a real king?
15. Who do the king and queen believe to be their final solution in killing Cuchulainn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets his hair and clothing cut by Cuchulainn before the warrior finally just kills him?
2. With whom is Finnabair smitten in Chapter XII?
3. Whose sword is stolen in Section VI?
4. How does Cuchulainn kill the person sent to seize his javelin from him?
5. Who accompanied Fergus to offer Ailill's truce offer to Cuchulainn?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)