|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the youngest boy sent off to war for Ulster in Chapter XIII?
(d) Mac Roth.
2. Who gets his hair and clothing cut by Cuchulainn before the warrior finally just kills him?
3. What kind of weapon does Cuchulainn and his foster-brother use on their third day of fighting?
(b) Hot nails.
(c) Poison darts.
4. How does Cuchulainn protect himself from Gaile Dana and his sons?
(a) By running.
(b) By chasing birds.
(c) With a shield.
(d) By hiding.
5. Who is angered that Finnabair spends a night with a man?
(a) Kings of Munster.
(b) Warriors of Ulster.
(d) The Galeoin Warriors.
6. What is the method of fighting used between Cuchulainn and the representative of Ailill's army at the end of Section VII?
(b) Sling shot.
(c) Spear throwing.
(d) Hand to hand combat.
7. What weapon does Cuchulainn take with him when he meets Medb at their "truce" meeting?
8. Who mocks Fergus for going easy against his kinsmen at Ulster?
9. When the person sent to seize Cuchulainn's javelin was killed, what did he/she call the weapon?
(a) A big headache.
(b) An overwhelming gift.
(c) An evil glare
(d) The rope of death.
10. How does the second day of fighting end in Chapter XI between Cuchulainn and his foster-brother?
(a) The foster-brother wins.
(b) Cuchulainn wins again.
(c) Another stalemate.
(d) The book does not say.
11. Who accompanied Fergus to offer Ailill's truce offer to Cuchulainn?
12. Who warns Cuchulainn that Medb is planning to ambush him?
13. Why does Fergus agree to face Cuchulainn in Section X?
(a) He is the only one left.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He doesn't have a choice.
(d) He's old and ready to die.
14. Which river in Section VI seems to flood to bar the army from passing?
15. How many sons does Gaile Dana have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How large were the wounds suffered by Cuchulainn and his foster-brother after the second day of fighting?
2. Which river in Section VI swells and carries off one-hundred chariots?
3. Whose sword is stolen in Section VI?
4. Who helps Cuchulainn develop a fake beard?
5. Which woman does Cuchulainn resist in Section VIII?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)