|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the killer of the guard dog make amends for its death?
(a) By buying a new one.
(b) By offering his best dog as a replacement.
(c) He does not.
(d) By volunteering to be a guard dog himself.
2. Whose guard dog is killed?
3. How does the army circumvent the trap left in the road for them?
(a) They go over it.
(b) They move behind it.
(c) They go around it through the water.
(d) They go around it through the forest.
4. Which king is forced into exile by the men of the community?
5. Who saved Conchobor and his son Cuscraid from the battlefield after they were defeated by King Eogan?
6. What does Cuchulainn do to the charioteers stopped by the fallen tree?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Ties the up.
(c) Decapitates them.
(d) Takes them back to the castle.
7. Who catches a "bug" from a drink of water?
8. Who slays both Noisiu and Fiacha?
9. How many marauders attacked Ulster when Cuchulainn had to save it?
10. Where is the inn in which Conchobor and his men find shelter during their hunt?
11. How does Cuchulainn chop down a tree?
(a) Snaps it with his bare hands.
(b) With a live beaver to saw through it.
(c) With one chop.
(d) Using his own teeth.
12. Who is sent to find the story of "Tain Bo Cuailnge?"
(d) A group of young scholars.
13. Who is the wise judge that Conchobor consults?
14. How many charioteers does Cuchulainn stop with one fallen tree?
15. What is the name of Conchobor's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cuchulainn drink as an infant?
2. Who warns the men of Ulster of the pending war?
3. How does the toddler Cuchulainn defeat the neighborhood boys?
4. Who is Donn Cuailnge?
5. Who gives the prediction that the first person to take up arms on a particular day would become a great warrior?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)