|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is impressed with Cuchulainn's tree-chopping?
2. How does the killer of the guard dog make amends for its death?
(a) By offering his best dog as a replacement.
(b) He does not.
(c) By volunteering to be a guard dog himself.
(d) By buying a new one.
3. Which of Medb's sons is beheaded by Cuchulainn?
4. What does Cuchulainn do to the horses of the charioteers he stops?
(a) Eats them.
(c) Cuts their ears off.
(d) Keeps them.
5. In which land does Domnall originate?
6. What is given in exchange for the baby born at the inn?
(a) A sack of grain.
(b) A donkey.
(c) Two horses.
(d) A barrel of water.
7. Who is Conchobor's mother?
8. Why is Medb convinced the Ulster men will be easily defeated?
(a) They have no hero to lead them.
(b) They are having labor pains.
(c) They are wimps.
(d) They are untrained in war.
9. What does Cuchulainn drink as an infant?
(a) Bull's blood.
(b) Goat's milk
(c) Fine wine.
10. Who is frightened by Cuchulainn's tree-chopping?
11. What is the topic of the couple who is talking in bed?
(a) Friend comparison.
(b) Wealth comparison.
(c) Leadership ability comparison.
(d) Jewel comparison.
12. What is the name that Cuchulainn is first called?
13. How does the chariot race end?
(a) It never ends.
(b) The chariot wins.
(c) In a tie.
(d) She wins.
14. Who is Daire?
(a) Donn Cuailnge's brother.
(b) Donn Cuailnge's owner.
(c) Donn Cuailnge's sister.
(d) Donn Cuailnge's wife.
15. Who refuses Conchobor's sexual advances?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which child is reared by the entire community?
2. Which girl does Cuchulainn court?
3. Where is the inn in which Conchobor and his men find shelter during their hunt?
4. How many men does Cuchulaiin's girl want him to kill at each ford?
5. Who steals Conchobor's weapons and chariot?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)