|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of which community does Fergus rule as king?
2. What does Cuchulainn do to the horses of the charioteers he stops?
(a) Eats them.
(b) Keeps them.
(d) Cuts their ears off.
3. Where is the inn in which Conchobor and his men find shelter during their hunt?
4. From where does Cuchulainn capture a live wild deer and a flock of swans?
(a) In a desert.
(b) In a forest.
(c) In a marsh.
(d) In the clouds.
5. Who is the wise judge that Conchobor consults?
6. What, according to Cuchulaiin's girl, must he do without for one year?
7. What is the name of Sualdam's son?
8. Which misty figure explains the Tain?
9. How does the army circumvent the trap left in the road for them?
(a) They go over it.
(b) They go around it through the water.
(c) They go around it through the forest.
(d) They move behind it.
10. Who warns the men of Ulster of the pending war?
11. In which land does Domnall originate?
12. How does the killer of the guard dog make amends for its death?
(a) He does not.
(b) By volunteering to be a guard dog himself.
(c) By buying a new one.
(d) By offering his best dog as a replacement.
13. Which girl does Cuchulainn court?
14. What is given in exchange for the baby born at the inn?
(a) Two horses.
(b) A barrel of water.
(c) A sack of grain.
(d) A donkey.
15. Which child is reared by the entire community?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slays both Noisiu and Fiacha?
2. How is the story of the Tain recorded?
3. Who catches a "bug" from a drink of water?
4. What is used for hobbling animals?
5. Who announces the day and time that is perfect for conceiving a child who would gain great fame in Ireland?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)