|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name that Cuchulainn is first called?
2. What is Fedelm?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A prophetess.
(c) A witch.
(d) A blind girl.
3. What does Cuchulainn drink as an infant?
(a) Bull's blood.
(c) Goat's milk
(d) Fine wine.
4. How does Cuchulainn halt the army's progress upon Ulster?
(a) With a magical spancel-hoop.
(b) With a curse of pain.
(c) With pure luck.
(d) With a secret potion.
5. Who recreated the magical spancel-hoop?
(d) No one.
6. Who is Finnbennach?
(a) A bull.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A king.
(d) The queen's lover.
7. What is the name of Sualdam's son?
8. Who convinces Cuchulaiin to go for more training?
9. Who is the first handsome young man in which Derdriu has an interest?
10. Which misty figure explains the Tain?
11. What does Cuchulainn do to the charioteers stopped by the fallen tree?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Takes them back to the castle.
(c) Decapitates them.
(d) Ties the up.
12. How does the army circumvent the trap left in the road for them?
(a) They go around it through the forest.
(b) They go around it through the water.
(c) They move behind it.
(d) They go over it.
13. Whose child lets out an audible scream from the womb?
14. Who is Emer's father?
15. Who catches a "bug" from a drink of water?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Medb's army searches to find?
2. From where does Cuchulainn capture a live wild deer and a flock of swans?
3. To whom does Fergus tell stories about Cuchulainn's great adventures and exploits?
4. Who is frightened by Cuchulainn's tree-chopping?
5. Which of Medb's sons is beheaded by Cuchulainn?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)