|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns the men of Ulster of the pending war?
2. How long does the curse on the men of Ulster last?
(a) 9 generations.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 9 years.
(d) 90 days.
3. Who curses the men of Ulster?
4. What, according to Cuchulaiin's girl, must he do without for one year?
5. From where does Cuchulainn capture a live wild deer and a flock of swans?
(a) In a forest.
(b) In a desert.
(c) In the clouds.
(d) In a marsh.
6. What does Cuchulainn drink as an infant?
(b) Goat's milk
(c) Fine wine.
(d) Bull's blood.
7. How is the story of the Tain recorded?
(a) On cave walls.
(b) By oral tradition.
(c) In writing.
(d) In pictures.
8. In which land does Domnall originate?
9. Who gives the prediction that the first person to take up arms on a particular day would become a great warrior?
10. How many grown soldiers were lifted over the warrior's head?
11. What is the topic of the couple who is talking in bed?
(a) Friend comparison.
(b) Jewel comparison.
(c) Wealth comparison.
(d) Leadership ability comparison.
12. Who do the poets of Ireland gather to meet?
(b) Senchan Torpeist.
(c) Fergus mac Roich.
13. Whose guard dog is killed?
14. What board game does Cuchulainn like as a child?
(c) Celtic Tic Tac Toe.
15. Which element does Cuchulaiin's girl ask him to carry while jumping?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name that Cuchulainn is first called?
2. What does Cuchulainn do to the horses of the charioteers he stops?
3. How does Cuchulainn chop down a tree?
4. Who is Finnbennach?
5. Why is Medb convinced the Ulster men will be easily defeated?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)