|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Medb send to kill Cuchulainn?
2. What is strange about Fedelm?
(a) She has no irises in her eyes.
(b) She has 3 eyes.
(c) She has no pupils in her eyes.
(d) She has 3 irises in each eye.
3. What board game does Cuchulainn like as a child?
(c) Celtic Tic Tac Toe.
4. Who is Donn Cuailnge?
(a) A court jester.
(b) The queen's lover.
(c) Another great bull.
(d) The king's lead warrior.
5. Which king is forced into exile by the men of the community?
6. Who explains the scream heard from the womb?
7. How does Cuchulainn halt the army's progress upon Ulster?
(a) With a curse of pain.
(b) With a secret potion.
(c) With a magical spancel-hoop.
(d) With pure luck.
8. Who announces the day and time that is perfect for conceiving a child who would gain great fame in Ireland?
9. What is the name of t he child who screamed in the womb?
10. Who kills a guard dog?
11. Who is the wise judge that Conchobor consults?
12. To whom does Fergus tell stories about Cuchulainn's great adventures and exploits?
13. Why is Medb convinced the Ulster men will be easily defeated?
(a) They are untrained in war.
(b) They have no hero to lead them.
(c) They are wimps.
(d) They are having labor pains.
14. What does Cuchulainn do to the charioteers stopped by the fallen tree?
(a) Decapitates them.
(b) Takes them back to the castle.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Ties the up.
15. Who acts as a midwife, delivering a child at the inn?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Cuchulainn capture a live wild deer and a flock of swans?
2. How many babies are born at the finish line of the chariot race?
3. How many neighborhood boys does Cuchulainn defeat as a toddler?
4. Which element does Cuchulaiin's girl ask him to carry while jumping?
5. Who gives the prediction that the first person to take up arms on a particular day would become a great warrior?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)