|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Finnbennach?
(a) A bull.
(b) The queen's lover.
(c) A king.
(d) A warrior.
2. Who forces Aife to bear a son?
3. Which husband bragged that his wife could beat the fastest chariot?
4. Who slays both Noisiu and Fiacha?
5. How many grown soldiers were lifted over the warrior's head?
6. How does the killer of the guard dog make amends for its death?
(a) By buying a new one.
(b) By offering his best dog as a replacement.
(c) By volunteering to be a guard dog himself.
(d) He does not.
7. Who acts as a midwife, delivering a child at the inn?
8. From where does Cuchulainn capture a live wild deer and a flock of swans?
(a) In a desert.
(b) In the clouds.
(c) In a forest.
(d) In a marsh.
9. What board game does Cuchulainn like as a child?
(a) Celtic Tic Tac Toe.
10. How is the story of the Tain recorded?
(a) In writing.
(b) On cave walls.
(c) In pictures.
(d) By oral tradition.
11. Who is named king for one year?
12. Which child is reared by the entire community?
13. How does Cuchulainn kill the charioteer who did not follow his orders?
(a) With a javelin.
(b) With a slingshot.
(c) With a rope.
(d) With a spear.
14. What does Cuchulainn do to the horses of the charioteers he stops?
(a) Keeps them.
(b) Cuts their ears off.
(c) Eats them.
15. What is it that Medb's army searches to find?
(b) The bull.
(c) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who talks in bed?
2. What is Fedelm?
3. Who is the wise judge that Conchobor consults?
4. Of which community does Fergus rule as king?
5. How does the toddler Cuchulainn defeat the neighborhood boys?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)