|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the story of the Tain recorded?
(a) By oral tradition.
(b) On cave walls.
(c) In pictures.
(d) In writing.
2. What, according to Cuchulaiin's girl, must he do without for one year?
3. Who announces the day and time that is perfect for conceiving a child who would gain great fame in Ireland?
4. What is the name that Cuchulainn is first called?
5. How does Cuchulainn kill the charioteer who did not follow his orders?
(a) With a spear.
(b) With a rope.
(c) With a javelin.
(d) With a slingshot.
6. How many neighborhood boys does Cuchulainn defeat as a toddler?
7. Who is impressed with Cuchulainn's tree-chopping?
8. What is the one thing the woman who is talking in bed lacks?
(a) A best friend.
(b) A bull.
(c) A ruby.
9. Which misty figure explains the Tain?
10. How many marauders attacked Ulster when Cuchulainn had to save it?
11. Which of Medb's sons is beheaded by Cuchulainn?
12. From where does Cuchulainn capture a live wild deer and a flock of swans?
(a) In a desert.
(b) In the clouds.
(c) In a forest.
(d) In a marsh.
13. What is used for hobbling animals?
(a) A warp spasm.
(b) A gae bolga.
(c) A space leap.
(d) A magical spancel-hoop.
14. Who knows the whole story of "Tain Bo Cuailnge?"
(a) No one.
15. Who is frightened by Cuchulainn's tree-chopping?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slays both Noisiu and Fiacha?
2. What is the name of t he child who screamed in the womb?
3. What is it that Medb's army searches to find?
4. How many men does Cuchulaiin's girl want him to kill at each ford?
5. How long does the curse on the men of Ulster last?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)