|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulainn do to the charioteers stopped by the fallen tree?
(a) Decapitates them.
(b) Takes them back to the castle.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Ties the up.
2. How is the story of the Tain recorded?
(a) By oral tradition.
(b) In pictures.
(c) In writing.
(d) On cave walls.
3. Which king is forced into exile by the men of the community?
4. Who is Daire?
(a) Donn Cuailnge's wife.
(b) Donn Cuailnge's owner.
(c) Donn Cuailnge's brother.
(d) Donn Cuailnge's sister.
5. Who is impressed with Cuchulainn's tree-chopping?
6. Who steals Conchobor's weapons and chariot?
7. What is strange about Fedelm?
(a) She has no pupils in her eyes.
(b) She has 3 eyes.
(c) She has no irises in her eyes.
(d) She has 3 irises in each eye.
8. Who acts as a midwife, delivering a child at the inn?
9. Who is Emer's father?
10. Which husband bragged that his wife could beat the fastest chariot?
11. What does Cuchulainn drink as an infant?
(a) Goat's milk
(b) Bull's blood.
(c) Fine wine.
12. Who refuses Conchobor's sexual advances?
13. Whose child lets out an audible scream from the womb?
14. Which warrior lifted grown soldiers over his head?
15. Who curses the men of Ulster?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used for hobbling animals?
2. How does the killer of the guard dog make amends for its death?
3. How does the army circumvent the trap left in the road for them?
4. Who talks in bed?
5. What is the name of t he child who screamed in the womb?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)