|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chariot race end?
(a) She wins.
(b) The chariot wins.
(c) In a tie.
(d) It never ends.
2. What is the name of Conchobor's sister?
3. Why is Medb convinced the Ulster men will be easily defeated?
(a) They are untrained in war.
(b) They have no hero to lead them.
(c) They are having labor pains.
(d) They are wimps.
4. What, according to Cuchulaiin's girl, must he do without for one year?
5. Which drunk man slept with his sister?
6. Who is Conchobor's mother?
7. Whose guard dog is killed?
8. How does the killer of the guard dog make amends for its death?
(a) He does not.
(b) By offering his best dog as a replacement.
(c) By buying a new one.
(d) By volunteering to be a guard dog himself.
9. Who is the first handsome young man in which Derdriu has an interest?
10. What does Cuchulainn drink as an infant?
(a) Goat's milk
(c) Fine wine.
(d) Bull's blood.
11. Who knows the whole story of "Tain Bo Cuailnge?"
(c) No one.
12. How long does the curse on the men of Ulster last?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 9 generations.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 90 days.
13. Who refused to serve under a woman?
14. Which child is reared by the entire community?
15. What is strange about Fedelm?
(a) She has no irises in her eyes.
(b) She has no pupils in her eyes.
(c) She has 3 irises in each eye.
(d) She has 3 eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Fergus tell stories about Cuchulainn's great adventures and exploits?
2. What is the name that Cuchulainn is first called?
3. Who is sent to find the story of "Tain Bo Cuailnge?"
4. From where does Cuchulainn capture a live wild deer and a flock of swans?
5. Which husband bragged that his wife could beat the fastest chariot?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)