|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the tasks Daniel must do without Ravenscar?
2. What does Jack believe he's found under the stress of torture?
3. What signifies that the gold is pure?
4. Why is the magistrate in a foul mood about the King's coronation?
5. The Clubb believes finding what person will conclude the infernal device investigation?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the ways Stephenson gives Jack the coinier consistent character and voice throughout the book and compare this with Partry's existence in the book. Were there clues to Partry's identity, or is his revelation a complete shock to the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Many narratives foreshadow the conclusion of the story through subtle hints or blatant clues. Select an event in Book 8 whose outcome was hinted in earlier books or chapters, and examine the methods used to indicate what would happen later. Was the event in Book 8 ultimately a surprise to you?
Essay Topic 3
Much of the debate and peril in the book surrounds the English monarchy and the rights to succession. Explain the tense political situation throughout the course of the book, and consider whether the characters are aware of the political peril they are in.
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)