Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
2. What is the gold smuggled to the shipping docks disguised as?
3. How long has Jack been telling tales of conspiracy to his visitor?
4. What is to happen to Jack after he is hung by the neck?
5. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
Essay Topic 1
Select two characters from the book who are accused of treason and analyze why they were accused. Do you think the characters' actions warranted the punishment (if any) that they received?
Essay Topic 2
Much of the debate and peril in the book surrounds the English monarchy and the rights to succession. Explain the tense political situation throughout the course of the book, and consider whether the characters are aware of the political peril they are in.
Essay Topic 3
Daniel is instrumental in the reconcilement between Leibniz and Sir Isaac. Compare and contrast Daniel's role in relation to each man. Analyze how key events of the book would have been different if Leibniz and Sir Isaac had reconciled earlier on.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)