|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daniel careful NOT to show signs of?
2. What is the gold smuggled to the shipping docks disguised as?
3. Who does Eliza give a second chance to?
4. What does White promise Jack for accusing Sir Isaac of committing treason?
5. Where does Daniel take the Shaftoe boys before he puts them aboard a boat for Carolina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Each new member of the Clubb introduces a new mission and/or skill. Compare and contrast the Clubb at its first meeting to its subsequent gatherings in the book and evaluate how effective the Clubb is as a whole with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the ways Stephenson gives Jack the coinier consistent character and voice throughout the book and compare this with Partry's existence in the book. Were there clues to Partry's identity, or is his revelation a complete shock to the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Solomon declares that he knows of only two alchemists in the world. What events in the book focus on, or are colored by aspects of alchemy? How does Daniel's involvement with alchemy help or hinder him in any situations?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)