|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel discover about Sir Isaac in his sedan chair?
2. What does the executioner place over Jack's head?
3. What is to happen to Jack after he is hung by the neck?
4. What name does Jack note at the reading of his last rights?
5. What does Johann beg Leibniz NOT to continue?
Essay Topic 1
Much of the debate and peril in the book surrounds the English monarchy and the rights to succession. Explain the tense political situation throughout the course of the book, and consider whether the characters are aware of the political peril they are in.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the threats coming from lands beyond England with the threats coming from within the country itself. Which are more severe? Explain using examples.
Essay Topic 3
The Whigs and the Tories are the two biggest political parties in England at the time of the novel. Daniel tries to remain neutral in regard to politics, but how are his actions affected by the politics of those around him? Compare and contrast the two parties, using examples from the novel.
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)