Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
2. What is the gold smuggled to the shipping docks disguised as?
3. How long has Jack been telling tales of conspiracy to his visitor?
4. What is to happen to Jack after he is hung by the neck?
5. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the threats coming from lands beyond England with the threats coming from within the country itself. Which are more severe? Explain using examples.
Essay Topic 2
The fate of England's currency is a major subject throughout the narrative: why does counterfeiting pose such a threat of unbalancing national stability? Be sure to explain Sir Isaac's role and effect in regard to England's economy.
Essay Topic 3
Many narratives foreshadow the conclusion of the story through subtle hints or blatant clues. Select an event in Book 8 whose outcome was hinted in earlier books or chapters, and examine the methods used to indicate what would happen later. Was the event in Book 8 ultimately a surprise to you?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)