Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
2. What is the gold smuggled to the shipping docks disguised as?
3. How long has Jack been telling tales of conspiracy to his visitor?
4. What is to happen to Jack after he is hung by the neck?
5. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
The Whigs and the Tories are the two biggest political parties in England at the time of the novel. Daniel tries to remain neutral in regard to politics, but how are his actions affected by the politics of those around him? Compare and contrast the two parties, using examples from the novel.
How does the book's basis in factual science, knowledge, and events add to (or detract from) the value and enjoyment of the book? Explain how Stephenson introduces concepts that the reader might not be familiar with, analyzing specific examples from the book.
Compare and contrast the threats coming from lands beyond England with the threats coming from within the country itself. Which are more severe? Explain using examples.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)