Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
2. What is the gold smuggled to the shipping docks disguised as?
3. How long has Jack been telling tales of conspiracy to his visitor?
4. What is to happen to Jack after he is hung by the neck?
5. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
Many narratives foreshadow the conclusion of the story through subtle hints or blatant clues. Select an event in Book 8 whose outcome was hinted in earlier books or chapters, and examine the methods used to indicate what would happen later. Was the event in Book 8 ultimately a surprise to you?
The fate of England's currency is a major subject throughout the narrative: why does counterfeiting pose such a threat of unbalancing national stability? Be sure to explain Sir Isaac's role and effect in regard to England's economy.
In Daniel and Sir Isaac's time, patenting laws and intellectual property rights did not exist to protect inventors and natural philosophers. What problems do the characters run into with the threat of someone stealing their ideas, and how do they protect themselves? How do you think these disputes would be settled if they occurred today?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)