Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
2. What is the gold smuggled to the shipping docks disguised as?
3. How long has Jack been telling tales of conspiracy to his visitor?
4. What is to happen to Jack after he is hung by the neck?
5. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the ways Stephenson gives Jack the coinier consistent character and voice throughout the book and compare this with Partry's existence in the book. Were there clues to Partry's identity, or is his revelation a complete shock to the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Examine how the characters' lives are different in the Epilogs from earlier. Identify any questions the Epilogs answered, as well any new questions a reader might have after reading.
Essay Topic 3
Daniel generates interest and investors for inventions throughout the book. Examine how good of a 'salesman' he is by citing specific examples from the text. How could he do better and be more convincing?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)