|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
2. What is the gold smuggled to the shipping docks disguised as?
3. How long has Jack been telling tales of conspiracy to his visitor?
4. What is to happen to Jack after he is hung by the neck?
5. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
Essay Topic 1
Identify a point in the book where one of the characters makes a significant 'mistake'. Analyze the sequence of events involving the mistake and determine when the mistake could have been prevented from happening, or fixed while happening. How would the story change if the mistake had never been made?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the threats coming from lands beyond England with the threats coming from within the country itself. Which are more severe? Explain using examples.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story, people and objects are continually being disguised. Examine three examples from the book where a disguise is used. Determine whether the disguise is successful, and how/why it is or is not.
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)