|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group is the Queen showing favor toward in Chapter 13?
2. What does Dappa choose to do?
3. Who does Jack team up with to devalue the English currency?
4. What object does Sir Isaac go ashore with?
5. What happens to Daniel and Ravenscar in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sequence of events pushes the Clubb closer to capturing Jack?
2. Why do Sir Isaac, Daniel, and Colonel Barnes think they are in danger in Chapter 27?
3. Describe the elaborate plan and series of events that Jack Shaftoe and Edouard De Gex put into motion in Chapter 20.
4. How does Daniel attempt to gain additional financial support for his research and inventions, and is he successful?
5. Detail some of the characters' actions and thinking in Book 6, Chapters 21-24 that leads them to make a mistake.
6. What does Daniel notice about how Peter the Great affects other people?
7. Analyze the reasons different characters are paired up in this section of the book.
8. Describe how Thomas' invention works and how it would benefit the populace.
9. How do Sir Isaac and Daniel respond to Partry's confession?
10. For what underlying reasons has a bounty been placed on Dappa's head, and how does Dappa respond to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Solomon declares that he knows of only two alchemists in the world. What events in the book focus on, or are colored by aspects of alchemy? How does Daniel's involvement with alchemy help or hinder him in any situations?
Essay Topic 2
Each new member of the Clubb introduces a new mission and/or skill. Compare and contrast the Clubb at its first meeting to its subsequent gatherings in the book and evaluate how effective the Clubb is as a whole with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Select two characters from the book who are accused of treason and analyze why they were accused. Do you think the characters' actions warranted the punishment (if any) that they received?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)