|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Sir Isaac go ashore with?
2. Who tries to protect Dappa from capture?
3. What does Daniel advise against Roger using?
4. Why has John Doe been captured?
5. What does Colonel Barnes incorrectly assume of Sir Isaac?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Sir Isaac, Daniel, and Colonel Barnes think they are in danger in Chapter 27?
2. Daniel must dispel certain thoughts both about himself and Sir Isaac; why is it not beneficial for him to be perceived as a Jacobite?
3. What does the assassination attempt make Caroline realize about herself and the state of England?
4. For what underlying reasons has a bounty been placed on Dappa's head, and how does Dappa respond to this?
5. How does Daniel feel towards Dappa throughout their meeting in Chapter 13?
6. Detail some of the characters' actions and thinking in Book 6, Chapters 21-24 that leads them to make a mistake.
7. What are the different motives of Ravenscar and Bolingbroke at the dinner party? Who ends up triumphant at the end of the evening, and why?
8. How does the attempt on the characters' lives emphasize the other elements of the plot at this point in the book?
9. What does Daniel notice about how Peter the Great affects other people?
10. How does each member of the Clubb contribute to solve the problem of figuring out who is responsible for the explosions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select two characters from the book who are accused of treason and analyze why they were accused. Do you think the characters' actions warranted the punishment (if any) that they received?
Essay Topic 2
Cite examples where a character from the book reminisces about his or her life and then uses that reflection to motivate a future action, or modify their current opinions / attitude. What prompted the character to think about his or her past, and did the reminiscing have a positive effect?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story, people and objects are continually being disguised. Examine three examples from the book where a disguise is used. Determine whether the disguise is successful, and how/why it is or is not.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)