|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Dappa after the duel?
(a) He defeats White and returns to the Minerva.
(b) He nurses White back to health.
(c) He defeats White and returns to prison.
(d) He dies and White escapes.
2. What happens when the gold guinea samples are melted?
(a) The base metal and pure gold separate.
(b) The base metal and pure gold change colors.
(c) The base metal and pure gold catch on fire.
(d) The base metal and pure gold fuse together.
3. White is arrested upon whose authority?
(a) The Lord Chancellor of Westminster Abbey.
(b) The Lord Chancellor of the House of Lords.
(c) The Lord Chancellor of the Royal Society.
(d) The Lord Chancellor of the House of Lords.
4. Who serves as the gardener at Blenheim Palace?
(a) The Duke of Marlborough.
(b) Bob Shaftoe.
(c) Colonel Barnes.
(d) Jack Shaftoe.
5. What ailment does Sir Isaac suffer from?
(a) Goal fever.
(d) Hay fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Daniel decide to write to at the end?
2. What name does Jack note at the reading of his last rights?
3. What are Haubites?
4. What is Jack wearing when he arrives at the hanging platform?
5. Why is Jack led to a cart before he hangs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much does the gold weigh, and what is the significance of that weight?
2. Describe the security measures at Westminster Abbey and what they are protecting.
3. Though torture is a punishment, does Jack gain anything positive from the experience?
4. Why is William Ham willing to assist Daniel and Saturn smuggle the Solomonic gold?
5. What is the procedure for testing the gold guinea samples?
6. What is Sir Isaac's plan to discover the location of the manufactured phosphorus?
7. What is White's offer to Jack, and how does Jack respond?
8. What are Daniel's conflicting thoughts about sacking Sir Isaac as master of the mint?
9. What is the significance of the cheering public throwing coins at Jack in his cell?
10. What is different about the last moments Sir Isaac and Leibniz spend with each other?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)