|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does White promise Jack for accusing Sir Isaac of committing treason?
(a) Jack and his sons will become regents.
(b) Jack and his brother will be given money.
(c) Jack and his sons will be given freedom.
(d) Jack and his sons will be given money.
2. Who are Jimmy and Danny?
(a) Sir Isaac's brothers.
(b) Marsh's sons.
(c) Daniel's nephews.
(d) Bob Shaftoe's nephews.
3. What name does Jack note at the reading of his last rights?
4. What do Daniel, the Earl of Lostwihiel, Saturn, Orney and Newcomen inspect and find to be working well?
(a) The clockwork volcano.
(b) The House of Lords.
(c) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
(d) The steam engine.
5. Why does Daniel feels obligated to protect Sir Isaac?
(a) Sir Isaac is blackmailing him.
(b) Leibniz is blackmailing him.
(c) Sir Isaac is Roger's friend.
(d) Sir Isaac is his friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Daniel take the Shaftoe boys before he puts them aboard a boat for Carolina?
2. White is arrested upon whose authority?
3. What signifies that the gold is pure?
4. What is significant about the trial date for the Pyx?
5. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Sir Isaac made many enemies for himself, according to Chapter 33?
2. What does Jack question most about his life? What was the decision that might have led to a different life for him?
3. What advantage did Dappa have in the duel, and why might White have also let him win?
4. What is different about the last moments Sir Isaac and Leibniz spend with each other?
5. What is the significance of the cheering public throwing coins at Jack in his cell?
6. What are Daniel's conflicting thoughts about sacking Sir Isaac as master of the mint?
7. 'Translate' two of Jack Ketch and Jack Shaftoe's riddles to each other, as they speak to confuse onlookers and listeners.
8. Though torture is a punishment, does Jack gain anything positive from the experience?
9. What evidence does the Clubb find to expose Bolingbroke and White as counterfeiters?
10. What happens to Jack, according to the Epilogs?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)