|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Jack been telling tales of conspiracy to his visitor?
(a) More than two months.
(b) For a month.
(c) More than two years.
(d) For a week.
2. Why are the old black guards relieved of their duties?
(a) They were under the command of White.
(b) They were under the command of Russia.
(c) They were under the command of Jack Shaftoe.
(d) They were under the command of Edouard De Gex.
3. What does Daniel discover about Sir Isaac in his sedan chair?
(a) He has a gun.
(b) He has a bomb.
(c) He has died.
(d) He has no clothes.
4. Who does Sir Isaac tell White has accused him of high treason?
(a) Edouard De Gex.
(b) Bob Shaftoe.
(d) Jack Shaftoe.
5. Why is the magistrate in a foul mood about the King's coronation?
(a) He thinks Jack should have been crowned king.
(b) He thinks the festivities lasted too long.
(c) He thinks he should have been crowned king.
(d) He thinks it should have been a public holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the King name First Lord of the Treasury?
2. Who do Danny and Jimmy kill in Carolina?
3. Where does Sir Isaac instruct Catherine Barton to take him, whether he is alive or dead?
4. What does the public throw at Jack when he bids them goodnight?
5. What did Eliza once ask Jack to choose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does the Clubb find to expose Bolingbroke and White as counterfeiters?
2. How does Daniel win Jack's loyalty in Chapter 13?
3. What is different about the last moments Sir Isaac and Leibniz spend with each other?
4. How has Sir Isaac made many enemies for himself, according to Chapter 33?
5. Why is William Ham willing to assist Daniel and Saturn smuggle the Solomonic gold?
6. Why does the exchange between Jack and his visitor sicken Daniel?
7. What advantage did Dappa have in the duel, and why might White have also let him win?
8. What happens to Jack, according to the Epilogs?
9. How does Daniel feel about what happens to Ravenscar in Chapter 9, and what must he now handle by himself?
10. What are the negative aspects and results of the coronation of the king?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)