|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack remind the executioner about?
(a) The color of his eyes.
(b) The coins in his pockets.
(c) The size of his feet.
(d) The rope around his neck.
2. What did Eliza once ask Jack to choose?
(a) A token of her love.
(b) Her hand in marriage.
(c) A lifestyle that was befitting.
(d) A mansion that was foreboding.
3. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
(a) His initials.
(c) Religious symbols.
(d) Alchemic symbols.
4. What does the public throw at Jack when he bids them goodnight?
(a) Hundreds of rocks.
(b) Hundreds of coins.
(c) Hundreds of vegetables.
(d) Hundreds of roses.
5. How are the standard plates and sheets of the finest precious metals going to be used?
(a) To test the coins Jack has stolen.
(b) To make new gold guineas.
(c) To test the coins Sir Isaac has minted.
(d) To make a new crown for the king
Short Answer Questions
1. The Clubb believes finding what person will conclude the infernal device investigation?
2. What are Haubites?
3. What name does Jack note at the reading of his last rights?
4. How does Sir Isaac have Jack tortured?
5. What is the gold smuggled to the shipping docks disguised as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel feel about what happens to Ravenscar in Chapter 9, and what must he now handle by himself?
2. 'Translate' two of Jack Ketch and Jack Shaftoe's riddles to each other, as they speak to confuse onlookers and listeners.
3. What unusual occurrences has Jack experienced, and what is mysterious about them?
4. What advantage did Dappa have in the duel, and why might White have also let him win?
5. Why is William Ham willing to assist Daniel and Saturn smuggle the Solomonic gold?
6. Does Sir Isaac approve or disapprove of the Earl of Lostwihiel and Colonel Barnes' new garrison of troops?
7. Why does Jack throw his gold buttons, coins and clothing out into the crowd?
8. Describe Sir Isaac's illness.
9. In what ways has Sir Isacc been put at a disadvantage in obtaining proof?
10. What evidence does the Clubb find to expose Bolingbroke and White as counterfeiters?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)