|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Daniel to investigate Fleet Prison?
(b) Sir Isaac.
2. What is Jack wearing when he arrives at the hanging platform?
(a) A golden crown.
(b) A three-layered suit.
(d) Nothing but his undergarments.
3. How does White challenge Dappa?
(a) With an insult.
(b) With a writing contest.
(c) With a duel.
(d) With torture.
4. Who tells Jack that he is considered the King of Vagabonds?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(b) A blind man.
(d) A young boy.
5. What is the gold smuggled to the shipping docks disguised as?
(a) Fresh fish for Sir Isaac.
(b) A box of coal.
(c) Salted fish for Leibniz.
(d) Natural philosophy tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King's messenger hope to find at Clerkenwell Court?
2. How is becoming a member of the Clubb different for Leibniz than for other members?
3. What do the other parishioners do to Jack?
4. What do Daniel and Threader cast a new gold guinea out of?
5. What does White promise Jack for accusing Sir Isaac of committing treason?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is William Ham willing to assist Daniel and Saturn smuggle the Solomonic gold?
2. How has Sir Isaac made many enemies for himself, according to Chapter 33?
3. What is different about the last moments Sir Isaac and Leibniz spend with each other?
4. Does Sir Isaac approve or disapprove of the Earl of Lostwihiel and Colonel Barnes' new garrison of troops?
5. In what ways has Sir Isacc been put at a disadvantage in obtaining proof?
6. What are the negative aspects and results of the coronation of the king?
7. What advantage did Dappa have in the duel, and why might White have also let him win?
8. Describe the security measures at Westminster Abbey and what they are protecting.
9. What is White's offer to Jack, and how does Jack respond?
10. How does Daniel feel about what happens to Ravenscar in Chapter 9, and what must he now handle by himself?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)