|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Daniel and Threader cast a new gold guinea out of?
(a) Threader's gold ring.
(b) Daniel's gold buttons.
(c) Daniel's gold ring.
(d) Sir Isaac's gold buttons.
2. What gives Daniel power over Sir Isaac in Chapter 24?
(a) Knowing the whereabouts of the Solomonic gold.
(b) Knowing the whereabouts of White.
(c) Knowing the whereabouts of the steam engine.
(d) Knowing the whereabouts of Dappa.
3. Who serves as the gardener at Blenheim Palace?
(a) Colonel Barnes.
(b) Bob Shaftoe.
(c) The Duke of Marlborough.
(d) Jack Shaftoe.
4. How does Ravenscar die?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A poisoned drink.
(d) He doesn't.
5. What does Jack believe he's found under the stress of torture?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does NOT reside at Blenheim Palace, according to the Epilogue?
2. Who currently governs the Tower of London?
3. What ailment does Sir Isaac suffer from?
4. Who is the visitor Daniel overhears Jack talking with?
5. Who does the blond man accompany in church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about the last moments Sir Isaac and Leibniz spend with each other?
2. What advantage did Dappa have in the duel, and why might White have also let him win?
3. How has Dappa turned the tables on White by this point in the story?
4. What are the negative aspects and results of the coronation of the king?
5. How much does the gold weigh, and what is the significance of that weight?
6. What unusual occurrences has Jack experienced, and what is mysterious about them?
7. Why is William Ham willing to assist Daniel and Saturn smuggle the Solomonic gold?
8. What is the procedure for testing the gold guinea samples?
9. In what ways has Sir Isacc been put at a disadvantage in obtaining proof?
10. What is White's offer to Jack, and how does Jack respond?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)