|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel give to Sir Isaac from within the veiled sedan chair?
(a) A potion to make him happy.
(b) A potion to make him angry.
(c) A potion to bring him back to life.
(d) A potion to poison him.
2. What is Daniel careful NOT to show signs of?
(a) Anger or violence.
(b) Love or adoration.
(c) Fatigue or stress.
(d) Hope or optimism.
3. Who does NOT reside at Blenheim Palace, according to the Epilogue?
(a) Jack Shaftoe.
(b) Bob Shaftoe.
(c) The Duke of Marlborough.
(d) Colonel Barnes.
4. How many goldsmiths are sworn in at the trial?
5. Who does Eliza give a second chance to?
(a) Sir Isaac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King's messenger hope to find at Clerkenwell Court?
2. What is significant about the trial date for the Pyx?
3. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
4. What did Eliza once ask Jack to choose?
5. Who teams up with Daniel and Saturn to remove the Solomonic gold from the bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jack, according to the Epilogs?
2. What is Sir Isaac's plan to discover the location of the manufactured phosphorus?
3. What does Daniel decide to tell Eliza about in his letter?
4. What is different about the last moments Sir Isaac and Leibniz spend with each other?
5. What are the negative aspects and results of the coronation of the king?
6. Why does the exchange between Jack and his visitor sicken Daniel?
7. How much does the gold weigh, and what is the significance of that weight?
8. What is the procedure for testing the gold guinea samples?
9. Why is William Ham willing to assist Daniel and Saturn smuggle the Solomonic gold?
10. How does Daniel feel about what happens to Ravenscar in Chapter 9, and what must he now handle by himself?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)