|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
(a) His initials.
(b) Alchemic symbols.
(d) Religious symbols.
2. Who teams up with Daniel and Saturn to remove the Solomonic gold from the bank?
(b) Sir Isaac.
(c) William Ham.
(d) Peter the Great.
3. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
(a) Leibniz sails away on an English ship.
(b) Leibniz sails away on a Russian ship.
(c) Sir Isaac sails away on a French ship.
(d) They both sail away on an English ship.
4. Who do Danny and Jimmy kill in Carolina?
(a) Their father.
(b) The overseer of the property.
(c) Their friend.
(d) The mistress of the property.
5. How are the standard plates and sheets of the finest precious metals going to be used?
(a) To make new gold guineas.
(b) To test the coins Jack has stolen.
(c) To make a new crown for the king
(d) To test the coins Sir Isaac has minted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Threader do with the first sample from the Pyx before the goldsmiths begin their analysis?
2. Why is the magistrate in a foul mood about the King's coronation?
3. What do the other parishioners do to Jack?
4. What does Ravenscar announce he is doing as a regent?
5. What does Daniel discover about Sir Isaac in his sedan chair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bob Shaftoe mention his brother as though Jack is still alive?
2. What is different about the last moments Sir Isaac and Leibniz spend with each other?
3. Describe the security measures at Westminster Abbey and what they are protecting.
4. What is the procedure for testing the gold guinea samples?
5. How does Daniel win Jack's loyalty in Chapter 13?
6. What does Daniel decide to tell Eliza about in his letter?
7. How is Sir Isaac's death hidden from the officials?
8. Though torture is a punishment, does Jack gain anything positive from the experience?
9. What does Jack question most about his life? What was the decision that might have led to a different life for him?
10. Why does the exchange between Jack and his visitor sicken Daniel?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)