|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack tell the public he is going in the morning to hang?
(c) Westminster Abbey.
(d) Shive Tor.
2. How does Ravenscar die?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) A poisoned drink.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) A heart attack.
3. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
(a) Leibniz sails away on an English ship.
(b) Sir Isaac sails away on a French ship.
(c) They both sail away on an English ship.
(d) Leibniz sails away on a Russian ship.
4. Who accompanies Daniel to investigate Fleet Prison?
(b) Sir Isaac.
5. Who tells Jack that he is considered the King of Vagabonds?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(b) A blind man.
(d) A young boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other parishioners do to Jack?
2. What does Jack remind the executioner about?
3. What does White promise Jack for accusing Sir Isaac of committing treason?
4. How many locks are on the vault at Westminster Abbey?
5. Who currently governs the Tower of London?
Short Essay Questions
1. Though torture is a punishment, does Jack gain anything positive from the experience?
2. What does Daniel decide to tell Eliza about in his letter?
3. What advantage did Dappa have in the duel, and why might White have also let him win?
4. What is the significance of the cheering public throwing coins at Jack in his cell?
5. Does Sir Isaac approve or disapprove of the Earl of Lostwihiel and Colonel Barnes' new garrison of troops?
6. Why does Jack throw his gold buttons, coins and clothing out into the crowd?
7. What is Sir Isaac's plan to discover the location of the manufactured phosphorus?
8. What are Daniel's conflicting thoughts about sacking Sir Isaac as master of the mint?
9. What happens to Jack, according to the Epilogs?
10. Why does Bob Shaftoe mention his brother as though Jack is still alive?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)