|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Earl of Lostwihiel's deputy?
(b) Colonel Barnes.
(d) Sir Isaac.
2. Who do Danny and Jimmy kill in Carolina?
(a) The overseer of the property.
(b) The mistress of the property.
(c) Their friend.
(d) Their father.
3. What happens to Dappa after the duel?
(a) He dies and White escapes.
(b) He defeats White and returns to the Minerva.
(c) He nurses White back to health.
(d) He defeats White and returns to prison.
4. What do the Clubb members find along with a counterfeiting die?
(a) A new King George guinea.
(b) A new Jack Shaftoe guinea.
(c) A new Princess Caroline guinea.
(d) A new Queen Anne guinea.
5. Who tells Daniel that many men aboard the Minerva perceive him as bad luck?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(c) Otto Van Hoek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the gold guinea samples are melted?
2. Who does Eliza give a second chance to?
3. What ailment does Sir Isaac suffer from?
4. What do Daniel, the Earl of Lostwihiel, Saturn, Orney and Newcomen inspect and find to be working well?
5. Who teams up with Daniel and Saturn to remove the Solomonic gold from the bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Dappa turned the tables on White by this point in the story?
2. What is Catherine Barton's role during the trial?
3. What is different about the last moments Sir Isaac and Leibniz spend with each other?
4. How much does the gold weigh, and what is the significance of that weight?
5. 'Translate' two of Jack Ketch and Jack Shaftoe's riddles to each other, as they speak to confuse onlookers and listeners.
6. What evidence does the Clubb find to expose Bolingbroke and White as counterfeiters?
7. How is Sir Isaac's death hidden from the officials?
8. Why does the exchange between Jack and his visitor sicken Daniel?
9. Describe Sir Isaac's illness.
10. What are the negative aspects and results of the coronation of the king?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)