|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Danny and Jimmy kill in Carolina?
(a) Their father.
(b) The overseer of the property.
(c) Their friend.
(d) The mistress of the property.
2. What is the tap room?
(a) A torture chamber inside the prison.
(b) A bathroom inside the prison.
(c) A kitchen inside the prison.
(d) A tavern inside the prison.
3. Why does Princess Caroline instruct Sir Isaac and Leibniz to reconcile their differences?
(a) She wants them to establish a New System of Calculus.
(b) She wants them to establish a New Logic Mill.
(c) She wants them to establish a New System of the World.
(d) She wants them to establish a New Steam Engine.
4. What name does Jack note at the reading of his last rights?
5. What does Daniel give to Sir Isaac from within the veiled sedan chair?
(a) A potion to bring him back to life.
(b) A potion to make him happy.
(c) A potion to poison him.
(d) A potion to make him angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dappa selected for the duel with White?
2. How are the standard plates and sheets of the finest precious metals going to be used?
3. Who tells Daniel that many men aboard the Minerva perceive him as bad luck?
4. What do Daniel and Threader cast a new gold guinea out of?
5. What does the executioner no longer feel obligated to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jack, according to the Epilogs?
2. Does Sir Isaac approve or disapprove of the Earl of Lostwihiel and Colonel Barnes' new garrison of troops?
3. What unusual occurrences has Jack experienced, and what is mysterious about them?
4. Why does the exchange between Jack and his visitor sicken Daniel?
5. Describe the security measures at Westminster Abbey and what they are protecting.
6. What is the significance of the cheering public throwing coins at Jack in his cell?
7. What is Sir Isaac's plan to discover the location of the manufactured phosphorus?
8. Why does Jack throw his gold buttons, coins and clothing out into the crowd?
9. Describe Sir Isaac's illness.
10. 'Translate' two of Jack Ketch and Jack Shaftoe's riddles to each other, as they speak to confuse onlookers and listeners.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)