|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the trial date for the Pyx?
(a) It is the day that Jack Shaftoe is to be executed.
(b) It is the day that the king is to be crowned.
(c) It is the day that Daniel is to return home.
(d) It is the day that Princess Caroline is to be married.
2. What is to happen to Jack after he is hung by the neck?
(a) His body will be thrown in the River Thames.
(b) He will be pressed under a 300-pound weight.
(c) He will be pardoned by the House of Lords.
(d) He will be drawn and quartered until he dies.
3. What does Jack do as he is led through the streets of London?
(a) He loosens the rope that binds his arms.
(b) He tightens the noose around his neck.
(c) He begs for forgiveness from God.
(d) He sings a song to the people.
4. Who does Eliza give a second chance to?
(b) Sir Isaac.
5. What signifies that the gold is pure?
(a) Its weight of 12 ounces.
(b) Its weight of 10 ounces.
(c) Its molten texture.
(d) Its molten color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel give to Sir Isaac from within the veiled sedan chair?
2. What ailment does Sir Isaac suffer from?
3. Why are the old black guards relieved of their duties?
4. What is NOT one of the tasks Daniel must do without Ravenscar?
5. Who tells Jack that he is considered the King of Vagabonds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the security measures at Westminster Abbey and what they are protecting.
2. What is the significance of the cheering public throwing coins at Jack in his cell?
3. How does Daniel feel about what happens to Ravenscar in Chapter 9, and what must he now handle by himself?
4. Why does the exchange between Jack and his visitor sicken Daniel?
5. What are Daniel's conflicting thoughts about sacking Sir Isaac as master of the mint?
6. How has Sir Isaac made many enemies for himself, according to Chapter 33?
7. What is White's offer to Jack, and how does Jack respond?
8. Why does Bob Shaftoe mention his brother as though Jack is still alive?
9. How has Dappa turned the tables on White by this point in the story?
10. What is different about the last moments Sir Isaac and Leibniz spend with each other?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)