|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack believe he's found under the stress of torture?
2. How is becoming a member of the Clubb different for Leibniz than for other members?
(a) He has to pay to be a member.
(b) He is elected to membership.
(c) He does not get inducted.
(d) He does not have to pay dues.
3. What does Daniel give to Sir Isaac from within the veiled sedan chair?
(a) A potion to poison him.
(b) A potion to make him angry.
(c) A potion to bring him back to life.
(d) A potion to make him happy.
4. What does Jack do as he is led through the streets of London?
(a) He tightens the noose around his neck.
(b) He begs for forgiveness from God.
(c) He sings a song to the people.
(d) He loosens the rope that binds his arms.
5. White is arrested upon whose authority?
(a) The Lord Chancellor of the House of Lords.
(b) The Lord Chancellor of the Royal Society.
(c) The Lord Chancellor of Westminster Abbey.
(d) The Lord Chancellor of the House of Lords.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the trial date for the Pyx?
2. Who does Daniel decide to write to at the end?
3. What is the tap room?
4. What ailment does Sir Isaac suffer from?
5. Who does the King name First Lord of the Treasury?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Sir Isaac approve or disapprove of the Earl of Lostwihiel and Colonel Barnes' new garrison of troops?
2. What advantage did Dappa have in the duel, and why might White have also let him win?
3. How has Sir Isaac made many enemies for himself, according to Chapter 33?
4. What is Catherine Barton's role during the trial?
5. How much does the gold weigh, and what is the significance of that weight?
6. Though torture is a punishment, does Jack gain anything positive from the experience?
7. How does Daniel win Jack's loyalty in Chapter 13?
8. Describe Sir Isaac's illness.
9. 'Translate' two of Jack Ketch and Jack Shaftoe's riddles to each other, as they speak to confuse onlookers and listeners.
10. How has Dappa turned the tables on White by this point in the story?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)