|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Haubites?
(a) A type of sword.
(b) A type of axe.
(c) A type of cannon.
(d) A type of pistol.
2. Who tells Daniel that many men aboard the Minerva perceive him as bad luck?
(c) Sir Isaac.
(d) Otto Van Hoek.
3. Where do White and Dappa meet to duel?
(a) In the courtyard of the prison.
(b) Under the gallows on a hill.
(c) On the cliffs by the river.
(d) On a ship out at sea.
4. What does Daniel unexpectedly state in the prison?
(a) That he knows Saturn made the infernal devices.
(b) That he knows Sir Isaac made the infernal devices.
(c) That he knows who was visiting Jack.
(d) That he knows Jack made the infernal devices.
5. What happens after the proceedings begin at the trial of the Pyx?
(a) Sir Isaac is summoned.
(b) The Queen's Army is summoned.
(c) The royal goldsmiths are summoned.
(d) Daniel is summoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dappa selected for the duel with White?
2. Who does Sir Isaac tell White has accused him of high treason?
3. Where is Jack moved to in the prison?
4. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
5. How many locks are on the vault at Westminster Abbey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel feel about what happens to Ravenscar in Chapter 9, and what must he now handle by himself?
2. What is Catherine Barton's role during the trial?
3. What is the significance of the cheering public throwing coins at Jack in his cell?
4. What are Daniel's conflicting thoughts about sacking Sir Isaac as master of the mint?
5. Why is William Ham willing to assist Daniel and Saturn smuggle the Solomonic gold?
6. What advantage did Dappa have in the duel, and why might White have also let him win?
7. Why does the exchange between Jack and his visitor sicken Daniel?
8. Why does Jack throw his gold buttons, coins and clothing out into the crowd?
9. How much does the gold weigh, and what is the significance of that weight?
10. Does Sir Isaac approve or disapprove of the Earl of Lostwihiel and Colonel Barnes' new garrison of troops?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)