|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Jack been telling tales of conspiracy to his visitor?
(a) For a week.
(b) More than two years.
(c) For a month.
(d) More than two months.
2. Who is the Earl of Lostwihiel's deputy?
(a) Colonel Barnes.
(b) Sir Isaac.
3. What does Daniel unexpectedly state in the prison?
(a) That he knows Sir Isaac made the infernal devices.
(b) That he knows Jack made the infernal devices.
(c) That he knows Saturn made the infernal devices.
(d) That he knows who was visiting Jack.
4. Who teams up with Daniel and Saturn to remove the Solomonic gold from the bank?
(b) Sir Isaac.
(c) William Ham.
(d) Peter the Great.
5. Who does Catherine Barton say Sir Isaac needs to act as his voice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Daniel to investigate Fleet Prison?
2. What does Johann beg Leibniz NOT to continue?
3. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
4. What has Dappa become while imprisoned?
5. What is NOT one of the tasks Daniel must do without Ravenscar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack throw his gold buttons, coins and clothing out into the crowd?
2. Though torture is a punishment, does Jack gain anything positive from the experience?
3. Why does Bob Shaftoe mention his brother as though Jack is still alive?
4. What advantage did Dappa have in the duel, and why might White have also let him win?
5. How has Sir Isaac made many enemies for himself, according to Chapter 33?
6. Describe the security measures at Westminster Abbey and what they are protecting.
7. Describe Sir Isaac's illness.
8. What is different about the last moments Sir Isaac and Leibniz spend with each other?
9. What is the procedure for testing the gold guinea samples?
10. In what ways has Sir Isacc been put at a disadvantage in obtaining proof?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)