|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many locks are on the vault at Westminster Abbey?
2. Who do Danny and Jimmy kill in Carolina?
(a) Their father.
(b) The mistress of the property.
(c) The overseer of the property.
(d) Their friend.
3. What is Leibniz afraid will happen before he finishes his project?
(a) That Peter the Great will take credit for it.
(b) That he will die.
(c) That he will make a mistake.
(d) That he will go to prison.
4. What is the name of Danny and Jimmy's friend in Carolina?
5. What does Jack believe he's found under the stress of torture?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sir Isaac instruct Catherine Barton to take him, whether he is alive or dead?
2. What is Jack wearing when he arrives at the hanging platform?
3. What do the officials announce about Sir Isaac's coins?
4. What does the public throw at Jack when he bids them goodnight?
5. What did Eliza once ask Jack to choose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack throw his gold buttons, coins and clothing out into the crowd?
2. Does Sir Isaac approve or disapprove of the Earl of Lostwihiel and Colonel Barnes' new garrison of troops?
3. What does Jack question most about his life? What was the decision that might have led to a different life for him?
4. What is White's offer to Jack, and how does Jack respond?
5. Though torture is a punishment, does Jack gain anything positive from the experience?
6. What is different about the last moments Sir Isaac and Leibniz spend with each other?
7. How has Dappa turned the tables on White by this point in the story?
8. What is Sir Isaac's plan to discover the location of the manufactured phosphorus?
9. Why does Bob Shaftoe mention his brother as though Jack is still alive?
10. What are the negative aspects and results of the coronation of the king?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)