|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the property being used to process phosphorous?
(a) Jack Shaftoe.
(c) Sir Isaac.
2. The Clubb believes finding what person will conclude the infernal device investigation?
(a) The phosphorus maker.
(b) Lt. Throwley.
(c) The watch maker.
(d) Princess Caroline.
3. Why does Sir Isaac no longer have the proof he needs?
(a) Daniel has died without a confession.
(b) White has died without a confession.
(c) Dappa has died without a confession.
(d) Jack has died without a confession.
4. What does Daniel discover about Sir Isaac in his sedan chair?
(a) He has a bomb.
(b) He has died.
(c) He has a gun.
(d) He has no clothes.
5. What happens after the proceedings begin at the trial of the Pyx?
(a) Daniel is summoned.
(b) Sir Isaac is summoned.
(c) The Queen's Army is summoned.
(d) The royal goldsmiths are summoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel feels obligated to protect Sir Isaac?
2. What does the King's messenger hope to find at Clerkenwell Court?
3. What name does Jack note at the reading of his last rights?
4. Who delivers Jack's expensive suit?
5. What is the gold smuggled to the shipping docks disguised as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bob Shaftoe mention his brother as though Jack is still alive?
2. What is the significance of the cheering public throwing coins at Jack in his cell?
3. What are the negative aspects and results of the coronation of the king?
4. Why does Jack throw his gold buttons, coins and clothing out into the crowd?
5. What does Jack question most about his life? What was the decision that might have led to a different life for him?
6. What advantage did Dappa have in the duel, and why might White have also let him win?
7. How has Sir Isaac made many enemies for himself, according to Chapter 33?
8. What does Daniel decide to tell Eliza about in his letter?
9. Does Sir Isaac approve or disapprove of the Earl of Lostwihiel and Colonel Barnes' new garrison of troops?
10. What evidence does the Clubb find to expose Bolingbroke and White as counterfeiters?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)