|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Clubb believes finding what person will conclude the infernal device investigation?
(a) The phosphorus maker.
(b) Lt. Throwley.
(c) The watch maker.
(d) Princess Caroline.
2. What does Jack remind the executioner about?
(a) The coins in his pockets.
(b) The color of his eyes.
(c) The size of his feet.
(d) The rope around his neck.
3. What has Dappa become while imprisoned?
(a) Sad and despondent.
(b) Bitter and cruel.
(c) An incredibly wealthy man.
(d) An incredibly poor man.
4. Who does Sir Isaac tell White has accused him of high treason?
(a) Edouard De Gex.
(c) Jack Shaftoe.
(d) Bob Shaftoe.
5. What is inspected in case they have been made of gold and painted black?
(a) The cannonballs on the Minerva.
(b) The anchors aboard the Minerva.
(c) The portholes on the Minerva.
(d) The guns aboard the Minerva.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the property being used to process phosphorous?
2. Who delivers Jack's expensive suit?
3. Who does NOT reside at Blenheim Palace, according to the Epilogue?
4. Where does Jack tell the public he is going in the morning to hang?
5. Who does the blond man accompany in church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jack, according to the Epilogs?
2. Why does Bob Shaftoe mention his brother as though Jack is still alive?
3. What does Jack question most about his life? What was the decision that might have led to a different life for him?
4. In what ways has Sir Isacc been put at a disadvantage in obtaining proof?
5. Describe the security measures at Westminster Abbey and what they are protecting.
6. What evidence does the Clubb find to expose Bolingbroke and White as counterfeiters?
7. What are the negative aspects and results of the coronation of the king?
8. What is White's offer to Jack, and how does Jack respond?
9. What does Daniel decide to tell Eliza about in his letter?
10. Though torture is a punishment, does Jack gain anything positive from the experience?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)