|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characters are attacked by would-be assassins in Hanover?
(a) Jack and De Gex.
(b) Eliza and Dappa.
(c) Caroline and Eliza.
(d) Daniel and Sir Isaac.
2. What happens to Daniel and Ravenscar in Chapter 1?
(a) They are sentenced to death.
(b) They are selected as regents.
(c) They fight in a duel.
(d) They are sent to prison.
3. Where has the Italian Opera House recently been erected?
(a) Black Mary's Hole.
(b) Hay Square.
(c) Fleet Street.
(d) Cold Harbor.
4. Who is Daniel surprised to see on board a Russian naval vessel with Peter the Great?
(b) Sir Isaac.
5. Who does Princess Caroline disguise herself as to ride toward London?
(a) An assassin.
(b) A nobleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eliza want put to death for betraying the country?
2. Where does Daniel witness Mr. White being beaten?
3. What do Daniel and Colonel Barnes think affects Leibniz and Sir Isaac's relationship?
4. Who is Solomon?
5. What proof does Roger provide to Bolingbroke indicating that Jack has been captured?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johann think of Caroline, and what actions support this?
2. Detail some of the characters' actions and thinking in Book 6, Chapters 21-24 that leads them to make a mistake.
3. How do Eliza and Caroline confirm their suspicions that a spy is amongst them?
4. Analyze the reasons different characters are paired up in this section of the book.
5. Compare and contrast Princess Caroline to her grandmother, Sophie.
6. For what underlying reasons has a bounty been placed on Dappa's head, and how does Dappa respond to this?
7. What political issues are burdening England when Daniel arrives in London?
8. What does Daniel deduce as Jack's motivation for his conduct, and why is Eliza unimpressed with Daniel's deduction?
9. How does each member of the Clubb contribute to solve the problem of figuring out who is responsible for the explosions?
10. Why does Dappa willingly allow himself to be apprehended?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)