|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has the Italian Opera House recently been erected?
(a) Cold Harbor.
(b) Fleet Street.
(c) Black Mary's Hole.
(d) Hay Square.
2. Who does Jack team up with to devalue the English currency?
(a) A one-armed Russian.
(b) A natural philosopher.
(c) A French Catholic minister.
(d) An English political leader.
3. Where does Peter go with the gold from the hull of the Minerva?
(a) Clerkenwell Court.
(b) Back to Russia.
(c) Westminster Abbey.
(d) The Royal Society.
4. Where does Caroline end up after she and Johann are attacked?
(a) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
(b) Hooke's mansion.
(c) The Thames River.
(d) The Royal Society.
5. What leads Eliza and Caroline to uncover a dead assassin?
(a) A threatening letter.
(b) An exploding wagon.
(c) A blood-stained carpet.
(d) A poisoned dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason do Daniel and Sir Isaac visit the shipyard in Chapter 8?
2. What are the financial investors backing Thomas' newest invention known as?
3. What does Jack get out of the ordeal with the Tower?
4. What does Eliza advise Dappa about?
5. How does Caroline's grandmother die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the assassination attempt make Caroline realize about herself and the state of England?
2. What does Johann think of Caroline, and what actions support this?
3. What is the state of the English economy and coinage, according to Sir Isaac Newton, when Daniel comes to visit him?
4. Analyze the reasons different characters are paired up in this section of the book.
5. Compare and contrast Princess Caroline to her grandmother, Sophie.
6. Detail some of the characters' actions and thinking in Book 6, Chapters 21-24 that leads them to make a mistake.
7. What sequence of events pushes the Clubb closer to capturing Jack?
8. Describe the elaborate plan and series of events that Jack Shaftoe and Edouard De Gex put into motion in Chapter 20.
9. How does Daniel attempt to gain additional financial support for his research and inventions, and is he successful?
10. Why does Dappa willingly allow himself to be apprehended?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)