|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group is the Queen showing favor toward in Chapter 13?
(a) The Tories.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Clubb.
(d) The Jacobites.
2. What happens to Daniel and Ravenscar in Chapter 1?
(a) They fight in a duel.
(b) They are sent to prison.
(c) They are sentenced to death.
(d) They are selected as regents.
3. Where does Caroline end up after she and Johann are attacked?
(a) The Royal Society.
(b) The Thames River.
(c) Hooke's mansion.
(d) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
4. What happens to Lt. Throwley, the Yeoman guard from the Tower of London?
(a) He is promoted.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He is murdered by Rufus MacIan.
(d) He murders Rufus MacIan.
5. Traces of what unusual substance are found at the shipyard?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed when the ticking chest is opened?
2. What object does Daniel select to be auctioned off by Partry?
3. What do Jack, Daniel, and Sir Isaac negotiate?
4. Who accompanies Dappa to Worth's coffeehouse?
5. Who is Otto Van Hoek?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bob Shaftoe mention his brother as though Jack is still alive?
2. What advantage did Dappa have in the duel, and why might White have also let him win?
3. What does Ravenscar declare to the mob, and what does Daniel think of this?
4. What are some striking examples of how Daniel's world operates under different rules and thinking than life today?
5. Though torture is a punishment, does Jack gain anything positive from the experience?
6. What happens to Henry Arlanc, and why is this not a complete letdown to Daniel and Sir Isaac?
7. Describe the security measures at Westminster Abbey and what they are protecting.
8. How does Daniel attempt to gain additional financial support for his research and inventions, and is he successful?
9. Why is William Ham willing to assist Daniel and Saturn smuggle the Solomonic gold?
10. What is different about the last moments Sir Isaac and Leibniz spend with each other?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)