|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Colonel Barnes, Daniel, Sir Isaac and Charles White headed in Chapter 21?
(a) Wheat Island.
(b) Tower Island.
(c) The Isle of Grain.
(d) The Isle of Man.
2. What has Jack forgotten about, according to Partry?
(a) Another escape route.
(b) The House of Lords.
(c) Daniel and Sir Isaac.
(d) Another prisoner.
3. Where has the Italian Opera House recently been erected?
(a) Black Mary's Hole.
(b) Fleet Street.
(c) Cold Harbor.
(d) Hay Square.
4. What serves as a decoy to distract the tower guards?
(a) An animal.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A woman.
(d) A fire.
5. What characters are attacked by would-be assassins in Hanover?
(a) Daniel and Sir Isaac.
(b) Caroline and Eliza.
(c) Jack and De Gex.
(d) Eliza and Dappa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is disguised as a man with syphilis at Crane Court?
2. Where is the Sophia forced aground?
3. Which English lord is under house arrest?
4. Daniel introduces Caroline and Eliza as __________________.
5. Where does Peter go with the gold from the hull of the Minerva?
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze the reasons different characters are paired up in this section of the book.
2. What is the state of the English economy and coinage, according to Sir Isaac Newton, when Daniel comes to visit him?
3. How does the attempt on the characters' lives emphasize the other elements of the plot at this point in the book?
4. Why do Sir Isaac, Daniel, and Colonel Barnes think they are in danger in Chapter 27?
5. Detail some of the characters' actions and thinking in Book 6, Chapters 21-24 that leads them to make a mistake.
6. For what underlying reasons has a bounty been placed on Dappa's head, and how does Dappa respond to this?
7. What does the assassination attempt make Caroline realize about herself and the state of England?
8. What political issues are burdening England when Daniel arrives in London?
9. How does Daniel attempt to gain additional financial support for his research and inventions, and is he successful?
10. What does Eliza try to do at the Opera House? Does she succeed? What does she learn?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)