|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has the Italian Opera House recently been erected?
(a) Cold Harbor.
(b) Black Mary's Hole.
(c) Fleet Street.
(d) Hay Square.
2. What proof does Roger provide to Bolingbroke indicating that Jack has been captured?
(a) A pithina.
(b) A haubite.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A gold guinea.
3. What is distinctive about the heavy box Sir Isaac and Daniel find below deck?
(a) It hums.
(b) It ticks.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It smells.
4. Who does Jack team up with to devalue the English currency?
(a) A French Catholic minister.
(b) An English political leader.
(c) A natural philosopher.
(d) A one-armed Russian.
5. Who is killed when the ticking chest is opened?
(a) No one.
(c) Colonel Barnes.
(d) Sir Isaac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Threader's luggage wagon when he and Daniel arrive at the Royal Society?
2. Who rescues Jack and Eliza?
3. Where does Caroline end up after she and Johann are attacked?
4. What industries' futures are unsure due to flooded mines in England?
5. Who becomes a member of the Clubb in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the attempt on the characters' lives emphasize the other elements of the plot at this point in the book?
2. What sequence of events pushes the Clubb closer to capturing Jack?
3. Why do Sir Isaac, Daniel, and Colonel Barnes think they are in danger in Chapter 27?
4. Daniel must dispel certain thoughts both about himself and Sir Isaac; why is it not beneficial for him to be perceived as a Jacobite?
5. What does Eliza try to do at the Opera House? Does she succeed? What does she learn?
6. How do Eliza and Caroline confirm their suspicions that a spy is amongst them?
7. Describe how Thomas' invention works and how it would benefit the populace.
8. What does the assassination attempt make Caroline realize about herself and the state of England?
9. Analyze the reasons different characters are paired up in this section of the book.
10. How does each member of the Clubb contribute to solve the problem of figuring out who is responsible for the explosions?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)