|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is Prudence?
(a) An English hooker.
(b) A French ship.
(c) A Russian vessel.
(d) The Queen's maid.
2. What does McIan receive from Jack before he enters the English mint?
3. What event does Daniel discuss with Sir Isaac after his summons to the House of Lords?
(a) The Queen's engagement.
(b) The Queen's trial.
(c) The Queen's address.
(d) The Queen's birthday.
4. Who does Ravenscar announce as victorious to the mob?
(a) The Jacobites.
(b) The alchemists.
(c) The Tories.
(d) The Whigs.
5. How does Caroline's grandmother die?
(a) She is poisoned.
(b) She dies in her sleep.
(c) She suffers a stroke.
(d) She takes her own life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caroline doing while she reminisces about her life?
2. Daniel introduces Caroline and Eliza as __________________.
3. What is Eliza skeptical about regarding the logic mill?
4. Where does Caroline end up after she and Johann are attacked?
5. Where has the Italian Opera House recently been erected?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some striking examples of how Daniel's world operates under different rules and thinking than life today?
2. Compare and contrast Princess Caroline to her grandmother, Sophie.
3. Based on Sir Isaac and Daniel's debate about the Russians and the French, who do you think is more likely to be responsible for sabotage?
4. What does Daniel notice about how Peter the Great affects other people?
5. How does Daniel feel towards Dappa throughout their meeting in Chapter 13?
6. Describe how Thomas' invention works and how it would benefit the populace.
7. What happens to Henry Arlanc, and why is this not a complete letdown to Daniel and Sir Isaac?
8. How do Eliza and Caroline confirm their suspicions that a spy is amongst them?
9. How does Daniel attempt to gain additional financial support for his research and inventions, and is he successful?
10. What does Daniel deduce as Jack's motivation for his conduct, and why is Eliza unimpressed with Daniel's deduction?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)