Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sir Isaac have Arlanc sent?
(a) Clerkenwell Court.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) Newgate Prison.
(d) The Royal Society.
2. Who does Eliza want put to death for betraying the country?
(b) Mr. Braithwaite.
(d) Mrs. Braithwaite.
3. Who is disguised as a man with syphilis at Crane Court?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(c) Mr. Bayne.
4. What serves as a decoy to distract the tower guards?
(a) A woman.
(b) A fire.
(c) An animal.
(d) A ghost.
5. Traces of what unusual substance are found at the shipyard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dappa discover at Worth's coffeehouse?
2. Who accompanies Dappa to Worth's coffeehouse?
3. What is Bob Shaftoe doing when Daniel visits him?
4. What do Jack, Daniel, and Sir Isaac negotiate?
5. What is NOT something Henry Arlanc confesses to stealing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the different motives of Ravenscar and Bolingbroke at the dinner party? Who ends up triumphant at the end of the evening, and why?
2. How do Sir Isaac and Daniel respond to Partry's confession?
3. Based on Sir Isaac and Daniel's debate about the Russians and the French, who do you think is more likely to be responsible for sabotage?
4. What are some striking examples of how Daniel's world operates under different rules and thinking than life today?
5. Compare and contrast Princess Caroline to her grandmother, Sophie.
6. In what ways has Sir Isacc been put at a disadvantage in obtaining proof?
7. Does Sir Isaac approve or disapprove of the Earl of Lostwihiel and Colonel Barnes' new garrison of troops?
8. How does Daniel feel towards Dappa throughout their meeting in Chapter 13?
9. Why is William Ham willing to assist Daniel and Saturn smuggle the Solomonic gold?
10. What is White's offer to Jack, and how does Jack respond?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)