|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel advise against Roger using?
2. What does Jack get out of the ordeal with the Tower?
(a) Elaborate new clothes.
(b) Some small leather pouches.
(c) His weight in gold coins.
(d) A diamond the size of his fist.
3. Who does the Queen name as her successor?
4. Where are Colonel Barnes, Daniel, Sir Isaac and Charles White headed in Chapter 21?
(a) The Isle of Man.
(b) Wheat Island.
(c) Tower Island.
(d) The Isle of Grain.
5. What object does Sir Isaac go ashore with?
(a) A metal box.
(b) A ticking clock.
(c) A wooden case.
(d) A broken compass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes a member of the Clubb in Chapter 9?
2. Who does Daniel request to tell his son about the happenings in London?
3. What is NOT something Henry Arlanc confesses to stealing?
4. What is Mr. Bayne's country of origin?
5. Who does Roger Comstock want to expose to unify the nation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johann think of Caroline, and what actions support this?
2. Based on Sir Isaac and Daniel's debate about the Russians and the French, who do you think is more likely to be responsible for sabotage?
3. What happens to Henry Arlanc, and why is this not a complete letdown to Daniel and Sir Isaac?
4. What sequence of events pushes the Clubb closer to capturing Jack?
5. What are some striking examples of how Daniel's world operates under different rules and thinking than life today?
6. Compare and contrast Princess Caroline to her grandmother, Sophie.
7. Who is John Doe and how do his actions affect Daniel?
8. For what underlying reasons has a bounty been placed on Dappa's head, and how does Dappa respond to this?
9. What are the different motives of Ravenscar and Bolingbroke at the dinner party? Who ends up triumphant at the end of the evening, and why?
10. What is the state of the English economy and coinage, according to Sir Isaac Newton, when Daniel comes to visit him?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)