|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescues Jack and Eliza?
(a) Bob Shaftoe.
(b) Sir Isaac.
(c) Lord Ravenscar.
2. What leads Eliza and Caroline to uncover a dead assassin?
(a) A threatening letter.
(b) A blood-stained carpet.
(c) An exploding wagon.
(d) A poisoned dog.
3. Traces of what unusual substance are found at the shipyard?
4. Which English lord is under house arrest?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(b) Lord Bolingbroke.
(c) Lord Gy.
(d) Lord Hollesloy.
5. Who does Daniel request to tell his son about the happenings in London?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(b) Princess Caroline.
(c) Enoch Root.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Dappa to Worth's coffeehouse?
2. Where is Eliza headed when her carriage overturns?
3. Who does Princess Caroline disguise herself as to ride toward London?
4. What object does Sir Isaac go ashore with?
5. What does McIan receive from Jack before he enters the English mint?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main dispute between Leibniz and Sir Isaac, and what part does Daniel play in all of it?
2. How do Eliza and Caroline confirm their suspicions that a spy is amongst them?
3. Who is John Doe and how do his actions affect Daniel?
4. What political issues are burdening England when Daniel arrives in London?
5. How does Daniel attempt to gain additional financial support for his research and inventions, and is he successful?
6. How do Sir Isaac and Daniel respond to Partry's confession?
7. What does the assassination attempt make Caroline realize about herself and the state of England?
8. Analyze the reasons different characters are paired up in this section of the book.
9. What does Johann think of Caroline, and what actions support this?
10. Daniel must dispel certain thoughts both about himself and Sir Isaac; why is it not beneficial for him to be perceived as a Jacobite?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)