|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Threader's luggage wagon when he and Daniel arrive at the Royal Society?
(a) It explodes.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) It rolls down the hill.
(d) It gets stuck in the mud.
2. What object does Daniel select to be auctioned off by Partry?
(a) Hooke's weights and measures.
(b) Hooke's mortar and pestle.
(c) Hooke's eyeglass set.
(d) Hooke's private diary.
3. What happens to Lt. Throwley, the Yeoman guard from the Tower of London?
(a) He murders Rufus MacIan.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He is murdered by Rufus MacIan.
(d) He falls asleep.
4. Which English lord is under house arrest?
(a) Lord Hollesloy.
(b) Lord Bolingbroke.
(c) Lord Gy.
(d) Sir Isaac.
5. What does Jack get out of the ordeal with the Tower?
(a) Elaborate new clothes.
(b) Some small leather pouches.
(c) A diamond the size of his fist.
(d) His weight in gold coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is Prudence?
2. Why is Daniel suspicious of Roger and his clockwork volcano?
3. Who becomes a member of the Clubb in Chapter 9?
4. Where has the Italian Opera House recently been erected?
5. What does Dappa choose to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the attempt on the characters' lives emphasize the other elements of the plot at this point in the book?
2. How do Sir Isaac and Daniel respond to Partry's confession?
3. What political issues are burdening England when Daniel arrives in London?
4. What does Eliza try to do at the Opera House? Does she succeed? What does she learn?
5. What are some striking examples of how Daniel's world operates under different rules and thinking than life today?
6. What sequence of events pushes the Clubb closer to capturing Jack?
7. Analyze the reasons different characters are paired up in this section of the book.
8. What is the main dispute between Leibniz and Sir Isaac, and what part does Daniel play in all of it?
9. What does Ravenscar declare to the mob, and what does Daniel think of this?
10. Describe how Thomas' invention works and how it would benefit the populace.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)