|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Princess Caroline disguise herself as to ride toward London?
(a) A nobleman.
(d) An assassin.
2. What happens to Lt. Throwley, the Yeoman guard from the Tower of London?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He murders Rufus MacIan.
(d) He is murdered by Rufus MacIan.
3. What serves as a decoy to distract the tower guards?
(a) An animal.
(b) A fire.
(c) A woman.
(d) A ghost.
4. What leads Eliza and Caroline to uncover a dead assassin?
(a) A blood-stained carpet.
(b) A poisoned dog.
(c) A threatening letter.
(d) An exploding wagon.
5. Who does Daniel believe was the intended victim of the incident in Chapter 4?
(c) Sir Isaac.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ravenscar announce as victorious to the mob?
2. Who is Daniel surprised to see on board a Russian naval vessel with Peter the Great?
3. How do Bolingbroke and Ravenscar find out that Caroline is in London?
4. What does Dappa choose to do?
5. What is the subject of the main feud between Newton and Leibniz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johann think of Caroline, and what actions support this?
2. How does each member of the Clubb contribute to solve the problem of figuring out who is responsible for the explosions?
3. For what underlying reasons has a bounty been placed on Dappa's head, and how does Dappa respond to this?
4. What is the state of the English economy and coinage, according to Sir Isaac Newton, when Daniel comes to visit him?
5. What political issues are burdening England when Daniel arrives in London?
6. Based on Sir Isaac and Daniel's debate about the Russians and the French, who do you think is more likely to be responsible for sabotage?
7. Describe how Thomas' invention works and how it would benefit the populace.
8. What are some striking examples of how Daniel's world operates under different rules and thinking than life today?
9. What happens to Henry Arlanc, and why is this not a complete letdown to Daniel and Sir Isaac?
10. How do Eliza and Caroline confirm their suspicions that a spy is amongst them?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)