|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivates George Louis' arrival?
(a) Peter the Great's arrival.
(b) Jack Shaftoe's capture.
(c) The death of Queen Anne.
(d) The death of Peter the Great.
2. Who is Daniel surprised to see on board a Russian naval vessel with Peter the Great?
(b) Sir Isaac.
3. Which group is the Queen showing favor toward in Chapter 13?
(a) The Tories.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Jacobites.
(d) The Clubb.
4. What happens to Threader's luggage wagon when he and Daniel arrive at the Royal Society?
(a) It explodes.
(b) It gets stuck in the mud.
(c) It is stolen.
(d) It rolls down the hill.
5. Who does the Queen name as her successor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Partry's confession?
2. What serves as a decoy to distract the tower guards?
3. What industries' futures are unsure due to flooded mines in England?
4. Who holds Sir Isaac accountable for the events at the English Mint on April 23, 1714?
5. Mr. White's ship is known as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of the English economy and coinage, according to Sir Isaac Newton, when Daniel comes to visit him?
2. What does Daniel deduce as Jack's motivation for his conduct, and why is Eliza unimpressed with Daniel's deduction?
3. How does the attempt on the characters' lives emphasize the other elements of the plot at this point in the book?
4. What are the different motives of Ravenscar and Bolingbroke at the dinner party? Who ends up triumphant at the end of the evening, and why?
5. Who is John Doe and how do his actions affect Daniel?
6. How do Sir Isaac and Daniel respond to Partry's confession?
7. How do Eliza and Caroline confirm their suspicions that a spy is amongst them?
8. For what underlying reasons has a bounty been placed on Dappa's head, and how does Dappa respond to this?
9. Describe how Thomas' invention works and how it would benefit the populace.
10. How does Daniel attempt to gain additional financial support for his research and inventions, and is he successful?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)