|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Daniel surprised to see on board a Russian naval vessel with Peter the Great?
(c) Sir Isaac.
2. Who accompanies Dappa to Worth's coffeehouse?
3. What characters are attacked by would-be assassins in Hanover?
(a) Jack and De Gex.
(b) Caroline and Eliza.
(c) Eliza and Dappa.
(d) Daniel and Sir Isaac.
4. Who is disguised as a man with syphilis at Crane Court?
(b) Mr. Bayne.
(c) Sir Isaac.
5. For what reason do Daniel and Sir Isaac visit the shipyard in Chapter 8?
(a) To hire a boat.
(b) To win a bet.
(c) To investigate a fire.
(d) To buy some fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the main feud between Newton and Leibniz?
2. Who is Otto Van Hoek?
3. Where are Colonel Barnes, Daniel, Sir Isaac and Charles White headed in Chapter 21?
4. Where has the Italian Opera House recently been erected?
5. What does Dappa choose to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Thomas' invention works and how it would benefit the populace.
2. What does Daniel deduce as Jack's motivation for his conduct, and why is Eliza unimpressed with Daniel's deduction?
3. What is the main dispute between Leibniz and Sir Isaac, and what part does Daniel play in all of it?
4. What does Johann think of Caroline, and what actions support this?
5. How does Daniel attempt to gain additional financial support for his research and inventions, and is he successful?
6. What are the different motives of Ravenscar and Bolingbroke at the dinner party? Who ends up triumphant at the end of the evening, and why?
7. Who is John Doe and how do his actions affect Daniel?
8. Why do Sir Isaac, Daniel, and Colonel Barnes think they are in danger in Chapter 27?
9. What happens to Henry Arlanc, and why is this not a complete letdown to Daniel and Sir Isaac?
10. What is the state of the English economy and coinage, according to Sir Isaac Newton, when Daniel comes to visit him?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)