|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object is concealed and transported to the Tower of London?
(a) A clock.
(b) A rope ladder.
(c) A cannon.
(d) A rocket.
2. What is the profession of Sir Isaac's nemesis?
3. Who does Ravenscar announce as victorious to the mob?
(a) The Jacobites.
(b) The Tories.
(c) The alchemists.
(d) The Whigs.
4. What does Caroline believe she has been foolish in doing?
(a) Trusting Johann.
(b) Traveling to Russia.
(c) Traveling to England.
(d) Trusting Daniel.
5. Who is the commanding officer of the English regiment?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(b) Lt. Throwley.
(c) Colonel Barnes.
(d) Lord Gy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivates George Louis' arrival?
2. What proof does Roger provide to Bolingbroke indicating that Jack has been captured?
3. Daniel introduces Caroline and Eliza as __________________.
4. Where does Daniel say he will be staying when he reaches London?
5. What happens to Lt. Throwley, the Yeoman guard from the Tower of London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Henry Arlanc, and why is this not a complete letdown to Daniel and Sir Isaac?
2. Detail some of the characters' actions and thinking in Book 6, Chapters 21-24 that leads them to make a mistake.
3. How does Daniel attempt to gain additional financial support for his research and inventions, and is he successful?
4. What is the main dispute between Leibniz and Sir Isaac, and what part does Daniel play in all of it?
5. What is the state of the English economy and coinage, according to Sir Isaac Newton, when Daniel comes to visit him?
6. What does Johann think of Caroline, and what actions support this?
7. How does the attempt on the characters' lives emphasize the other elements of the plot at this point in the book?
8. How does each member of the Clubb contribute to solve the problem of figuring out who is responsible for the explosions?
9. Describe how Thomas' invention works and how it would benefit the populace.
10. Why does Dappa willingly allow himself to be apprehended?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)