|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caroline respond to the English naval brig?
(a) She sacrifices Johann.
(b) She raises her flag.
(c) She issues an attack.
(d) She salutes the Captain.
2. Who does Jack team up with to devalue the English currency?
(a) An English political leader.
(b) A French Catholic minister.
(c) A one-armed Russian.
(d) A natural philosopher.
3. What is the profession of Sir Isaac's nemesis?
4. What is Eliza skeptical about regarding the logic mill?
(a) Why it is so big.
(b) How it will benefit others.
(c) When it will be finished.
(d) Who will operate it.
5. Daniel introduces Caroline and Eliza as __________________.
(a) His wife and her half-sister.
(b) His half-sister and her maid.
(c) His housekeeper and his cook.
(d) His nurse and her half-sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is distinctive about the heavy box Sir Isaac and Daniel find below deck?
2. Who does Roger Comstock want to expose to unify the nation?
3. Where does Daniel witness Mr. White being beaten?
4. What is Mr. Bayne's country of origin?
5. Who does the Queen name as her successor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on Sir Isaac and Daniel's debate about the Russians and the French, who do you think is more likely to be responsible for sabotage?
2. Describe the elaborate plan and series of events that Jack Shaftoe and Edouard De Gex put into motion in Chapter 20.
3. Compare and contrast Princess Caroline to her grandmother, Sophie.
4. Who is John Doe and how do his actions affect Daniel?
5. What is the main dispute between Leibniz and Sir Isaac, and what part does Daniel play in all of it?
6. Describe how Thomas' invention works and how it would benefit the populace.
7. What does Eliza try to do at the Opera House? Does she succeed? What does she learn?
8. How does Daniel feel towards Dappa throughout their meeting in Chapter 13?
9. What are the different motives of Ravenscar and Bolingbroke at the dinner party? Who ends up triumphant at the end of the evening, and why?
10. What happens to Henry Arlanc, and why is this not a complete letdown to Daniel and Sir Isaac?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)