|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jack team up with to devalue the English currency?
(a) A natural philosopher.
(b) A one-armed Russian.
(c) A French Catholic minister.
(d) An English political leader.
2. Mr. White's ship is known as what?
(a) The Thames.
(b) The Minerva.
(c) The Atlanta.
(d) The Beagle.
3. What object does Sir Isaac go ashore with?
(a) A ticking clock.
(b) A wooden case.
(c) A broken compass.
(d) A metal box.
4. Where does Daniel meet Princess Caroline?
(a) Aboard the Atlanta.
(b) The Royal Society servants quarters.
(c) The gardens of Queen Sophie's castle.
(d) The gardens behind Sir Isaac's house.
5. Where do Bolingbroke and Ravenscar end up at the party?
(a) In the observatory.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the stables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Daniel introduces Caroline and Eliza as __________________.
2. Where does the one-armed Russian launch his attack?
3. Who tries to protect Dappa from capture?
4. What is distinctive about the heavy box Sir Isaac and Daniel find below deck?
5. What serves as a decoy to distract the tower guards?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel feel towards Dappa throughout their meeting in Chapter 13?
2. How do Eliza and Caroline confirm their suspicions that a spy is amongst them?
3. Daniel must dispel certain thoughts both about himself and Sir Isaac; why is it not beneficial for him to be perceived as a Jacobite?
4. What does the assassination attempt make Caroline realize about herself and the state of England?
5. What is the main dispute between Leibniz and Sir Isaac, and what part does Daniel play in all of it?
6. What does Eliza try to do at the Opera House? Does she succeed? What does she learn?
7. What political issues are burdening England when Daniel arrives in London?
8. Who is John Doe and how do his actions affect Daniel?
9. What does Daniel notice about how Peter the Great affects other people?
10. Why does Dappa willingly allow himself to be apprehended?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)