|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Daniel introduces Caroline and Eliza as __________________.
(a) His housekeeper and his cook.
(b) His wife and her half-sister.
(c) His nurse and her half-sister.
(d) His half-sister and her maid.
2. Where does Daniel say he will be staying when he reaches London?
(a) The Thames.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) The Royal Society.
(d) Sir Isaac's house.
3. What serves as a decoy to distract the tower guards?
(a) An animal.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A fire.
(d) A woman.
4. For what reason do Daniel and Sir Isaac visit the shipyard in Chapter 8?
(a) To win a bet.
(b) To hire a boat.
(c) To investigate a fire.
(d) To buy some fish.
5. What does Daniel advise against Roger using?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Eliza headed when her carriage overturns?
2. What object does Daniel select to be auctioned off by Partry?
3. Where does Sir Isaac have Arlanc sent?
4. Where does the one-armed Russian launch his attack?
5. What is distinctive about the heavy box Sir Isaac and Daniel find below deck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bob Shaftoe mention his brother as though Jack is still alive?
2. What happens to Henry Arlanc, and why is this not a complete letdown to Daniel and Sir Isaac?
3. How does each member of the Clubb contribute to solve the problem of figuring out who is responsible for the explosions?
4. How does Daniel feel towards Dappa throughout their meeting in Chapter 13?
5. What are the different motives of Ravenscar and Bolingbroke at the dinner party? Who ends up triumphant at the end of the evening, and why?
6. How is Sir Isaac's death hidden from the officials?
7. What does the assassination attempt make Caroline realize about herself and the state of England?
8. Describe Sir Isaac's illness.
9. How does Daniel win Jack's loyalty in Chapter 13?
10. Why do Sir Isaac, Daniel, and Colonel Barnes think they are in danger in Chapter 27?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)