|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Daniel returns to Bedlam?
(a) He discovers a chest containing Hooke's legacy.
(b) He discovers a chest containing Sir Isaac's memoirs.
(c) He discovers a chest containing Jack's confession.
(d) He discovers a chest containing John Doe's money.
2. For what reason do Daniel and Sir Isaac visit the shipyard in Chapter 8?
(a) To win a bet.
(b) To buy some fish.
(c) To hire a boat.
(d) To investigate a fire.
3. What has Jack forgotten about, according to Partry?
(a) Daniel and Sir Isaac.
(b) Another prisoner.
(c) Another escape route.
(d) The House of Lords.
4. How many infernal devices explode on the tor?
5. Where is Sir Isaac Newton's house located?
(a) St. Martin Street.
(b) Snow Hill.
(c) Fleet Street.
(d) Monmouth Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who holds Sir Isaac accountable for the events at the English Mint on April 23, 1714?
2. Who is Solomon?
3. Where does Daniel meet Princess Caroline?
4. What is Partry's confession?
5. Who does Princess Caroline disguise herself as to ride toward London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eliza try to do at the Opera House? Does she succeed? What does she learn?
2. How do Eliza and Caroline confirm their suspicions that a spy is amongst them?
3. What is the state of the English economy and coinage, according to Sir Isaac Newton, when Daniel comes to visit him?
4. For what underlying reasons has a bounty been placed on Dappa's head, and how does Dappa respond to this?
5. What are the different motives of Ravenscar and Bolingbroke at the dinner party? Who ends up triumphant at the end of the evening, and why?
6. What does Daniel deduce as Jack's motivation for his conduct, and why is Eliza unimpressed with Daniel's deduction?
7. Analyze the reasons different characters are paired up in this section of the book.
8. Why do Sir Isaac, Daniel, and Colonel Barnes think they are in danger in Chapter 27?
9. How does Daniel feel towards Dappa throughout their meeting in Chapter 13?
10. How does Daniel attempt to gain additional financial support for his research and inventions, and is he successful?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)