|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Bolingbroke and Ravenscar end up at the party?
(a) In the stables.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the observatory.
2. What has Jack forgotten about, according to Partry?
(a) The House of Lords.
(b) Another prisoner.
(c) Another escape route.
(d) Daniel and Sir Isaac.
3. How does Caroline respond to the English naval brig?
(a) She salutes the Captain.
(b) She sacrifices Johann.
(c) She issues an attack.
(d) She raises her flag.
4. Why has John Doe been captured?
(a) For destroying the walls of Hooke's mansion.
(b) For destroying the walls of the Royal Society.
(c) For destroying the walls of Sir Isaac's house.
(d) For destroying the walls of Westminster Abbey.
5. Who is disguised as a man with syphilis at Crane Court?
(c) Mr. Bayne.
(d) Sir Isaac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Sir Isaac go ashore with?
2. How many infernal devices explode on the tor?
3. Where does Daniel say he will be staying when he reaches London?
4. Which group is the Queen showing favor toward in Chapter 13?
5. What happens when Daniel returns to Bedlam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about the last moments Sir Isaac and Leibniz spend with each other?
2. What does the assassination attempt make Caroline realize about herself and the state of England?
3. What are Daniel's conflicting thoughts about sacking Sir Isaac as master of the mint?
4. Describe how Thomas' invention works and how it would benefit the populace.
5. What unusual occurrences has Jack experienced, and what is mysterious about them?
6. Compare and contrast Princess Caroline to her grandmother, Sophie.
7. How do Eliza and Caroline confirm their suspicions that a spy is amongst them?
8. Detail some of the characters' actions and thinking in Book 6, Chapters 21-24 that leads them to make a mistake.
9. What political issues are burdening England when Daniel arrives in London?
10. What is Catherine Barton's role during the trial?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)