|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ravenscar announce as victorious to the mob?
(a) The Jacobites.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The alchemists.
(d) The Tories.
2. What does Colonel Barnes incorrectly assume of Sir Isaac?
(a) That he is a Jacobite.
(b) That he is a criminal.
(c) That he is a soldier.
(d) That he is an alchemist.
3. What motivates George Louis' arrival?
(a) Peter the Great's arrival.
(b) Jack Shaftoe's capture.
(c) The death of Peter the Great.
(d) The death of Queen Anne.
4. What proof does Roger provide to Bolingbroke indicating that Jack has been captured?
(a) A gold guinea.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A pithina.
(d) A haubite.
5. Where does Daniel say he will be staying when he reaches London?
(a) Sir Isaac's house.
(b) The Royal Society.
(c) The Thames.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Queen's Army arrest and escort to the tower?
2. What happens to Daniel and Ravenscar in Chapter 1?
3. Who does Eliza want put to death for betraying the country?
4. What are the financial investors backing Thomas' newest invention known as?
5. Who does Daniel meet upon his arrival to London?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the elaborate plan and series of events that Jack Shaftoe and Edouard De Gex put into motion in Chapter 20.
2. How do Eliza and Caroline confirm their suspicions that a spy is amongst them?
3. Detail some of the characters' actions and thinking in Book 6, Chapters 21-24 that leads them to make a mistake.
4. Based on Sir Isaac and Daniel's debate about the Russians and the French, who do you think is more likely to be responsible for sabotage?
5. Why do Sir Isaac, Daniel, and Colonel Barnes think they are in danger in Chapter 27?
6. Daniel must dispel certain thoughts both about himself and Sir Isaac; why is it not beneficial for him to be perceived as a Jacobite?
7. How do Sir Isaac and Daniel respond to Partry's confession?
8. What does the assassination attempt make Caroline realize about herself and the state of England?
9. Compare and contrast Princess Caroline to her grandmother, Sophie.
10. For what underlying reasons has a bounty been placed on Dappa's head, and how does Dappa respond to this?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)