|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Solomon?
(a) Peter the Great's monsieur.
(b) Daniel's monsieur.
(c) Peter the Great's brother.
(d) De Gex's monsieur.
2. What object does Sir Isaac go ashore with?
(a) A metal box.
(b) A wooden case.
(c) A ticking clock.
(d) A broken compass.
3. Where are Colonel Barnes, Daniel, Sir Isaac and Charles White headed in Chapter 21?
(a) The Isle of Grain.
(b) Wheat Island.
(c) Tower Island.
(d) The Isle of Man.
4. Where is Sir Isaac Newton's house located?
(a) St. Martin Street.
(b) Fleet Street.
(c) Snow Hill.
(d) Monmouth Street.
5. Who does the Queen's Army arrest and escort to the tower?
(a) Mr. Bayne.
(c) Sir Isaac.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Daniel witness Mr. White being beaten?
2. Which group is the Queen showing favor toward in Chapter 13?
3. What does Colonel Barnes incorrectly assume of Sir Isaac?
4. Who does Eliza want put to death for betraying the country?
5. Where are the sheets of gold located on the Minerva?
Short Essay Questions
1. What political issues are burdening England when Daniel arrives in London?
2. Detail some of the characters' actions and thinking in Book 6, Chapters 21-24 that leads them to make a mistake.
3. What does Daniel notice about how Peter the Great affects other people?
4. Describe how Thomas' invention works and how it would benefit the populace.
5. Why does Dappa willingly allow himself to be apprehended?
6. Why do Sir Isaac, Daniel, and Colonel Barnes think they are in danger in Chapter 27?
7. How do Eliza and Caroline confirm their suspicions that a spy is amongst them?
8. What does Johann think of Caroline, and what actions support this?
9. For what underlying reasons has a bounty been placed on Dappa's head, and how does Dappa respond to this?
10. Based on Sir Isaac and Daniel's debate about the Russians and the French, who do you think is more likely to be responsible for sabotage?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)