|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Daniel returns to Bedlam?
(a) He discovers a chest containing John Doe's money.
(b) He discovers a chest containing Sir Isaac's memoirs.
(c) He discovers a chest containing Jack's confession.
(d) He discovers a chest containing Hooke's legacy.
2. Who is killed when the ticking chest is opened?
(a) Colonel Barnes.
(b) Sir Isaac.
(d) No one.
3. Where is Sir Isaac Newton's house located?
(a) Snow Hill.
(b) Monmouth Street.
(c) Fleet Street.
(d) St. Martin Street.
4. Where does Peter go with the gold from the hull of the Minerva?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) Clerkenwell Court.
(c) The Royal Society.
(d) Back to Russia.
5. What is Eliza skeptical about regarding the logic mill?
(a) Who will operate it.
(b) Why it is so big.
(c) How it will benefit others.
(d) When it will be finished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does De Gex threaten to do to Eliza?
2. Where does Daniel say he will be staying when he reaches London?
3. Daniel introduces Caroline and Eliza as __________________.
4. Who accompanies Dappa to Worth's coffeehouse?
5. How does Caroline respond to the English naval brig?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Princess Caroline to her grandmother, Sophie.
2. How do Eliza and Caroline confirm their suspicions that a spy is amongst them?
3. How does Daniel attempt to gain additional financial support for his research and inventions, and is he successful?
4. What does Johann think of Caroline, and what actions support this?
5. What are the different motives of Ravenscar and Bolingbroke at the dinner party? Who ends up triumphant at the end of the evening, and why?
6. What political issues are burdening England when Daniel arrives in London?
7. What does Daniel notice about how Peter the Great affects other people?
8. How do Sir Isaac and Daniel respond to Partry's confession?
9. Why does Dappa willingly allow himself to be apprehended?
10. Who is John Doe and how do his actions affect Daniel?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)