|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daniel say he will be staying when he reaches London?
(a) The Thames.
(b) The Royal Society.
(c) Sir Isaac's house.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
2. Why is Daniel suspicious of Roger and his clockwork volcano?
(a) Roger keep it hidden.
(b) It doesn't work.
(c) It uses Phosphorus.
(d) It is too loud.
3. Where has the Italian Opera House recently been erected?
(a) Black Mary's Hole.
(b) Hay Square.
(c) Cold Harbor.
(d) Fleet Street.
4. What are the financial investors backing Thomas' newest invention known as?
(a) The financiers of the Engine for Raising Fire by Water.
(b) The inventors of the Engine for Raising Fire by Water.
(c) The proprietors of the Engine for Raising Water by Fire.
(d) The curators of the Engine for Raising Water by Fire.
5. Who holds Sir Isaac accountable for the events at the English Mint on April 23, 1714?
(a) The Tower of London.
(c) The House of Lords.
(d) The Royal Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eliza tries to evacuate the musicians from the Opera House?
2. Where does Sir Isaac have Arlanc sent?
3. What do Daniel and Colonel Barnes think affects Leibniz and Sir Isaac's relationship?
4. Who or what is Prudence?
5. What is Mr. Bayne's country of origin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does each member of the Clubb contribute to solve the problem of figuring out who is responsible for the explosions?
2. Describe how Thomas' invention works and how it would benefit the populace.
3. What is the state of the English economy and coinage, according to Sir Isaac Newton, when Daniel comes to visit him?
4. What are some striking examples of how Daniel's world operates under different rules and thinking than life today?
5. Based on Sir Isaac and Daniel's debate about the Russians and the French, who do you think is more likely to be responsible for sabotage?
6. Detail some of the characters' actions and thinking in Book 6, Chapters 21-24 that leads them to make a mistake.
7. For what underlying reasons has a bounty been placed on Dappa's head, and how does Dappa respond to this?
8. What does Johann think of Caroline, and what actions support this?
9. How does Daniel attempt to gain additional financial support for his research and inventions, and is he successful?
10. What sequence of events pushes the Clubb closer to capturing Jack?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)