|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Daniel suspicious of Roger and his clockwork volcano?
(a) Roger keep it hidden.
(b) It doesn't work.
(c) It is too loud.
(d) It uses Phosphorus.
2. What leads Eliza and Caroline to uncover a dead assassin?
(a) An exploding wagon.
(b) A blood-stained carpet.
(c) A threatening letter.
(d) A poisoned dog.
3. What is Partry's confession?
(a) That he is Jack Ketch.
(b) That he is Jack Shaftoe.
(c) That he is Daniel's father.
(d) That he is Lord Gy.
4. Who becomes a member of the Clubb in Chapter 9?
(b) Sir Isaac.
(d) Princess Caroline.
5. Where are the sheets of gold located on the Minerva?
(a) Under the ballast.
(b) In Daniel's room.
(c) In Dappa's room.
(d) Under the beds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Daniel introduces Caroline and Eliza as __________________.
2. What object does Daniel select to be auctioned off by Partry?
3. Why has John Doe been captured?
4. What does Jack get out of the ordeal with the Tower?
5. What event does Daniel discuss with Sir Isaac after his summons to the House of Lords?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Thomas' invention works and how it would benefit the populace.
2. What does Daniel deduce as Jack's motivation for his conduct, and why is Eliza unimpressed with Daniel's deduction?
3. What is the state of the English economy and coinage, according to Sir Isaac Newton, when Daniel comes to visit him?
4. For what underlying reasons has a bounty been placed on Dappa's head, and how does Dappa respond to this?
5. Daniel must dispel certain thoughts both about himself and Sir Isaac; why is it not beneficial for him to be perceived as a Jacobite?
6. Why does Dappa willingly allow himself to be apprehended?
7. What happens to Henry Arlanc, and why is this not a complete letdown to Daniel and Sir Isaac?
8. Describe the elaborate plan and series of events that Jack Shaftoe and Edouard De Gex put into motion in Chapter 20.
9. Who is John Doe and how do his actions affect Daniel?
10. Detail some of the characters' actions and thinking in Book 6, Chapters 21-24 that leads them to make a mistake.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)