|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Otto Van Hoek?
(a) The Captain of the Minerva.
(b) The Captain of the Sophia.
(c) The Captain of the Prudence.
(d) The Captain of the Queen's Army.
2. Why is Daniel suspicious of Roger and his clockwork volcano?
(a) Roger keep it hidden.
(b) It doesn't work.
(c) It is too loud.
(d) It uses Phosphorus.
3. Where are Colonel Barnes, Daniel, Sir Isaac and Charles White headed in Chapter 21?
(a) The Isle of Man.
(b) Wheat Island.
(c) Tower Island.
(d) The Isle of Grain.
4. What does Daniel advise against Roger using?
5. Who is disguised as a man with syphilis at Crane Court?
(b) Sir Isaac.
(d) Mr. Bayne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lt. Throwley, the Yeoman guard from the Tower of London?
2. For what reason do Daniel and Sir Isaac visit the shipyard in Chapter 8?
3. What happens to Threader's luggage wagon when he and Daniel arrive at the Royal Society?
4. Who rescues Jack and Eliza?
5. What is distinctive about the heavy box Sir Isaac and Daniel find below deck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dappa willingly allow himself to be apprehended?
2. What does Daniel notice about how Peter the Great affects other people?
3. What are the different motives of Ravenscar and Bolingbroke at the dinner party? Who ends up triumphant at the end of the evening, and why?
4. How does Daniel feel towards Dappa throughout their meeting in Chapter 13?
5. What are some striking examples of how Daniel's world operates under different rules and thinking than life today?
6. Detail some of the characters' actions and thinking in Book 6, Chapters 21-24 that leads them to make a mistake.
7. How does Daniel attempt to gain additional financial support for his research and inventions, and is he successful?
8. Daniel must dispel certain thoughts both about himself and Sir Isaac; why is it not beneficial for him to be perceived as a Jacobite?
9. How does each member of the Clubb contribute to solve the problem of figuring out who is responsible for the explosions?
10. What happens to Henry Arlanc, and why is this not a complete letdown to Daniel and Sir Isaac?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)