|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivers Jack's expensive suit?
(a) The mysterious veiled woman.
(b) Bob Shaftoe.
(c) The mysterious blond man.
2. What gives Daniel power over Sir Isaac in Chapter 24?
(a) Knowing the whereabouts of the Solomonic gold.
(b) Knowing the whereabouts of the steam engine.
(c) Knowing the whereabouts of Dappa.
(d) Knowing the whereabouts of White.
3. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
(a) Leibniz sails away on a Russian ship.
(b) Sir Isaac sails away on a French ship.
(c) They both sail away on an English ship.
(d) Leibniz sails away on an English ship.
4. When is White arrested?
(a) Before Jack's sons escape.
(b) After the King's coronation.
(c) After the trial of the Pyx.
(d) Before the Queen's death.
5. What is Leibniz afraid will happen before he finishes his project?
(a) That Peter the Great will take credit for it.
(b) That he will go to prison.
(c) That he will make a mistake.
(d) That he will die.
6. What does White promise Jack for accusing Sir Isaac of committing treason?
(a) Jack and his sons will be given freedom.
(b) Jack and his sons will become regents.
(c) Jack and his sons will be given money.
(d) Jack and his brother will be given money.
7. Who accompanies Daniel to investigate Fleet Prison?
(b) Sir Isaac.
8. How does White challenge Dappa?
(a) With torture.
(b) With a writing contest.
(c) With a duel.
(d) With an insult.
9. Why does Princess Caroline instruct Sir Isaac and Leibniz to reconcile their differences?
(a) She wants them to establish a New System of the World.
(b) She wants them to establish a New System of Calculus.
(c) She wants them to establish a New Steam Engine.
(d) She wants them to establish a New Logic Mill.
10. What ailment does Sir Isaac suffer from?
(b) Goal fever.
(c) Hay fever.
11. Where does Daniel take the Shaftoe boys before he puts them aboard a boat for Carolina?
(a) To see their uncle.
(b) To see their mother.
(c) To see their father.
(d) To see White.
12. What signifies that the gold is pure?
(a) Its weight of 10 ounces.
(b) Its weight of 12 ounces.
(c) Its molten color.
(d) Its molten texture.
13. What do Daniel and Threader cast a new gold guinea out of?
(a) Daniel's gold buttons.
(b) Sir Isaac's gold buttons.
(c) Threader's gold ring.
(d) Daniel's gold ring.
14. In Sir Isaac's plan, where is the hidden man supposed to be?
(a) In a sack on Threader's cart.
(b) In a sack on Marsh's cart.
(c) Behind a door in Marsh's house.
(d) In a bed in Sir Isaac's house.
15. What does Daniel discover about Sir Isaac in his sedan chair?
(a) He has a bomb.
(b) He has no clothes.
(c) He has a gun.
(d) He has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack wearing when he arrives at the hanging platform?
2. What does White spread rumors about?
3. What does Johann beg Leibniz NOT to continue?
4. Who does Eliza give a second chance to?
5. Who does NOT reside at Blenheim Palace, according to the Epilogue?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)