|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel unexpectedly state in the prison?
(a) That he knows Jack made the infernal devices.
(b) That he knows Sir Isaac made the infernal devices.
(c) That he knows Saturn made the infernal devices.
(d) That he knows who was visiting Jack.
2. When is White arrested?
(a) Before Jack's sons escape.
(b) After the trial of the Pyx.
(c) Before the Queen's death.
(d) After the King's coronation.
3. Who teams up with Daniel and Saturn to remove the Solomonic gold from the bank?
(b) Peter the Great.
(c) Sir Isaac.
(d) William Ham.
4. Who currently governs the Tower of London?
(c) Lord Ravenscar.
(d) Colonel Barnes.
5. What is Daniel careful NOT to show signs of?
(a) Fatigue or stress.
(b) Hope or optimism.
(c) Love or adoration.
(d) Anger or violence.
6. Why is the magistrate in a foul mood about the King's coronation?
(a) He thinks the festivities lasted too long.
(b) He thinks he should have been crowned king.
(c) He thinks Jack should have been crowned king.
(d) He thinks it should have been a public holiday.
7. What is NOT one of the tasks Daniel must do without Ravenscar?
(a) Conclude work on the logic mill.
(b) Decide the fate of the Institute of Technological Arts.
(c) Execute Jack Shaftoe.
(d) Arrange the trial of the Pyx.
8. How long has Jack been telling tales of conspiracy to his visitor?
(a) For a week.
(b) For a month.
(c) More than two years.
(d) More than two months.
9. Who does the blond man accompany in church?
(a) A veiled woman.
(d) The priest.
10. What do Daniel and Threader cast a new gold guinea out of?
(a) Daniel's gold ring.
(b) Threader's gold ring.
(c) Daniel's gold buttons.
(d) Sir Isaac's gold buttons.
11. What do the other parishioners do to Jack?
(a) They yield to him and stare at the floor.
(b) They rejoice and sing him praise.
(c) They yell at him until he leaves.
(d) They trip him and laugh as he falls.
12. How does White challenge Dappa?
(a) With torture.
(b) With a writing contest.
(c) With a duel.
(d) With an insult.
13. How many locks are on the vault at Westminster Abbey?
14. What happens after the proceedings begin at the trial of the Pyx?
(a) The Queen's Army is summoned.
(b) Sir Isaac is summoned.
(c) The royal goldsmiths are summoned.
(d) Daniel is summoned.
15. What is Jack wearing when he arrives at the hanging platform?
(a) A three-layered suit.
(c) Nothing but his undergarments.
(d) A golden crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who serves as the gardener at Blenheim Palace?
2. How does Sir Isaac have Jack tortured?
3. What is Leibniz afraid will happen before he finishes his project?
4. What does White spread rumors about?
5. Who tells Daniel that many men aboard the Minerva perceive him as bad luck?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)