|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the gold guinea samples are melted?
(a) The base metal and pure gold change colors.
(b) The base metal and pure gold separate.
(c) The base metal and pure gold catch on fire.
(d) The base metal and pure gold fuse together.
2. Why is the magistrate in a foul mood about the King's coronation?
(a) He thinks it should have been a public holiday.
(b) He thinks Jack should have been crowned king.
(c) He thinks the festivities lasted too long.
(d) He thinks he should have been crowned king.
3. What do Daniel and Threader cast a new gold guinea out of?
(a) Daniel's gold ring.
(b) Threader's gold ring.
(c) Sir Isaac's gold buttons.
(d) Daniel's gold buttons.
4. What do the Clubb members find along with a counterfeiting die?
(a) A new King George guinea.
(b) A new Jack Shaftoe guinea.
(c) A new Queen Anne guinea.
(d) A new Princess Caroline guinea.
5. What do the Earl of Lostwihiel and his deputy collect for the trial?
(d) The Pyx.
6. What does Threader do with the first sample from the Pyx before the goldsmiths begin their analysis?
(a) He drops it.
(b) He weighs it.
(c) He hides it.
(d) He melts it.
7. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
(b) His initials.
(c) Alchemic symbols.
(d) Religious symbols.
8. What is inspected in case they have been made of gold and painted black?
(a) The guns aboard the Minerva.
(b) The portholes on the Minerva.
(c) The anchors aboard the Minerva.
(d) The cannonballs on the Minerva.
9. What is NOT one of the tasks Daniel must do without Ravenscar?
(a) Conclude work on the logic mill.
(b) Arrange the trial of the Pyx.
(c) Execute Jack Shaftoe.
(d) Decide the fate of the Institute of Technological Arts.
10. Who delivers Jack's expensive suit?
(a) The mysterious veiled woman.
(c) The mysterious blond man.
(d) Bob Shaftoe.
11. What is Leibniz afraid will happen before he finishes his project?
(a) That he will make a mistake.
(b) That Peter the Great will take credit for it.
(c) That he will go to prison.
(d) That he will die.
12. What ailment does Sir Isaac suffer from?
(c) Goal fever.
(d) Hay fever.
13. Who accompanies Daniel to investigate Fleet Prison?
(d) Sir Isaac.
14. Who does Catherine Barton say Sir Isaac needs to act as his voice?
15. What happens after the proceedings begin at the trial of the Pyx?
(a) The Queen's Army is summoned.
(b) Daniel is summoned.
(c) The royal goldsmiths are summoned.
(d) Sir Isaac is summoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who serves as the gardener at Blenheim Palace?
2. How does White challenge Dappa?
3. What name does Jack note at the reading of his last rights?
4. What does the public throw at Jack when he bids them goodnight?
5. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)