|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Jack that he is considered the King of Vagabonds?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A blind man.
2. What do Daniel, the Earl of Lostwihiel, Saturn, Orney and Newcomen inspect and find to be working well?
(a) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
(b) The clockwork volcano.
(c) The steam engine.
(d) The House of Lords.
3. Who does Sir Isaac tell White has accused him of high treason?
(a) Jack Shaftoe.
(b) Bob Shaftoe.
(d) Edouard De Gex.
4. What do the Clubb members find along with a counterfeiting die?
(a) A new King George guinea.
(b) A new Queen Anne guinea.
(c) A new Jack Shaftoe guinea.
(d) A new Princess Caroline guinea.
5. What is the gold smuggled to the shipping docks disguised as?
(a) Salted fish for Leibniz.
(b) Natural philosophy tools.
(c) A box of coal.
(d) Fresh fish for Sir Isaac.
6. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
(a) Sir Isaac sails away on a French ship.
(b) They both sail away on an English ship.
(c) Leibniz sails away on an English ship.
(d) Leibniz sails away on a Russian ship.
7. Who teams up with Daniel and Saturn to remove the Solomonic gold from the bank?
(b) Peter the Great.
(c) William Ham.
(d) Sir Isaac.
8. Why are the old black guards relieved of their duties?
(a) They were under the command of Edouard De Gex.
(b) They were under the command of Jack Shaftoe.
(c) They were under the command of White.
(d) They were under the command of Russia.
9. What does White promise Jack for accusing Sir Isaac of committing treason?
(a) Jack and his sons will become regents.
(b) Jack and his brother will be given money.
(c) Jack and his sons will be given freedom.
(d) Jack and his sons will be given money.
10. What do the Earl of Lostwihiel and his deputy collect for the trial?
(a) The Pyx.
11. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
(a) Religious symbols.
(b) Alchemic symbols.
(d) His initials.
12. Who does NOT reside at Blenheim Palace, according to the Epilogue?
(a) Jack Shaftoe.
(b) Colonel Barnes.
(c) Bob Shaftoe.
(d) The Duke of Marlborough.
13. What does Jack remind the executioner about?
(a) The rope around his neck.
(b) The color of his eyes.
(c) The coins in his pockets.
(d) The size of his feet.
14. What did Eliza once ask Jack to choose?
(a) A lifestyle that was befitting.
(b) A mansion that was foreboding.
(c) Her hand in marriage.
(d) A token of her love.
15. In Sir Isaac's plan, where is the hidden man supposed to be?
(a) In a bed in Sir Isaac's house.
(b) In a sack on Threader's cart.
(c) Behind a door in Marsh's house.
(d) In a sack on Marsh's cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Daniel to investigate Fleet Prison?
2. Who owns the property being used to process phosphorous?
3. Who is the Earl of Lostwihiel's deputy?
4. What is Leibniz afraid will happen before he finishes his project?
5. How are the standard plates and sheets of the finest precious metals going to be used?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)