|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the trial date for the Pyx?
(a) It is the day that Daniel is to return home.
(b) It is the day that Princess Caroline is to be married.
(c) It is the day that Jack Shaftoe is to be executed.
(d) It is the day that the king is to be crowned.
2. The Clubb believes finding what person will conclude the infernal device investigation?
(a) Princess Caroline.
(b) The phosphorus maker.
(c) The watch maker.
(d) Lt. Throwley.
3. What do Daniel, the Earl of Lostwihiel, Saturn, Orney and Newcomen inspect and find to be working well?
(a) The steam engine.
(b) The clockwork volcano.
(c) The House of Lords.
(d) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
4. What does Daniel give to Sir Isaac from within the veiled sedan chair?
(a) A potion to make him happy.
(b) A potion to make him angry.
(c) A potion to bring him back to life.
(d) A potion to poison him.
5. Why are the old black guards relieved of their duties?
(a) They were under the command of Edouard De Gex.
(b) They were under the command of Russia.
(c) They were under the command of White.
(d) They were under the command of Jack Shaftoe.
6. How many goldsmiths are sworn in at the trial?
7. What do the officials announce about Sir Isaac's coins?
(a) That they are still being investigated.
(b) That they are of the finest quality.
(c) That they are of the worst quality.
(d) That they are counterfeit.
8. Why does Sir Isaac no longer have the proof he needs?
(a) Daniel has died without a confession.
(b) White has died without a confession.
(c) Jack has died without a confession.
(d) Dappa has died without a confession.
9. What does the executioner no longer feel obligated to do?
(a) Ensure that Jack's death is swift.
(b) Ensure that Jack is dead.
(c) Ensure that Jack has found God.
(d) Ensure that Jack gets drawn and quartered.
10. Who do Danny and Jimmy kill in Carolina?
(a) Their friend.
(b) Their father.
(c) The overseer of the property.
(d) The mistress of the property.
11. Who are Jimmy and Danny?
(a) Sir Isaac's brothers.
(b) Daniel's nephews.
(c) Marsh's sons.
(d) Bob Shaftoe's nephews.
12. What is to happen to Jack after he is hung by the neck?
(a) He will be pardoned by the House of Lords.
(b) He will be pressed under a 300-pound weight.
(c) His body will be thrown in the River Thames.
(d) He will be drawn and quartered until he dies.
13. What did Eliza once ask Jack to choose?
(a) A mansion that was foreboding.
(b) Her hand in marriage.
(c) A lifestyle that was befitting.
(d) A token of her love.
14. Who does Sir Isaac tell White has accused him of high treason?
(a) Bob Shaftoe.
(b) Edouard De Gex.
(c) Jack Shaftoe.
15. What does Jack believe he's found under the stress of torture?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dappa selected for the duel with White?
2. What is Jack wearing when he arrives at the hanging platform?
3. What happens when the gold guinea samples are melted?
4. Who is the visitor Daniel overhears Jack talking with?
5. What do Daniel and Threader cast a new gold guinea out of?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)