|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Earl of Lostwihiel and his deputy collect for the trial?
(a) The Pyx.
2. Who does Daniel decide to write to at the end?
(c) Sir Isaac.
3. What do Daniel, the Earl of Lostwihiel, Saturn, Orney and Newcomen inspect and find to be working well?
(a) The steam engine.
(b) The House of Lords.
(c) The clockwork volcano.
(d) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
4. Who does the King name First Lord of the Treasury?
(d) Sir Isaac.
5. What do Daniel and Threader cast a new gold guinea out of?
(a) Threader's gold ring.
(b) Daniel's gold ring.
(c) Sir Isaac's gold buttons.
(d) Daniel's gold buttons.
6. What does Jack do as he is led through the streets of London?
(a) He begs for forgiveness from God.
(b) He sings a song to the people.
(c) He loosens the rope that binds his arms.
(d) He tightens the noose around his neck.
7. What does Daniel unexpectedly state in the prison?
(a) That he knows who was visiting Jack.
(b) That he knows Jack made the infernal devices.
(c) That he knows Saturn made the infernal devices.
(d) That he knows Sir Isaac made the infernal devices.
8. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
(a) Alchemic symbols.
(c) His initials.
(d) Religious symbols.
9. What has Dappa become while imprisoned?
(a) Bitter and cruel.
(b) Sad and despondent.
(c) An incredibly wealthy man.
(d) An incredibly poor man.
10. What are Haubites?
(a) A type of cannon.
(b) A type of sword.
(c) A type of pistol.
(d) A type of axe.
11. What does White spread rumors about?
(a) Jack's involvement with a second mint.
(b) Daniel's involvement with a second mint.
(c) Sir Isaac's involvement with a second mint.
(d) Roger's involvement with a second mint.
12. What ailment does Sir Isaac suffer from?
(c) Goal fever.
(d) Hay fever.
13. How are the standard plates and sheets of the finest precious metals going to be used?
(a) To make new gold guineas.
(b) To make a new crown for the king
(c) To test the coins Sir Isaac has minted.
(d) To test the coins Jack has stolen.
14. What is the gold smuggled to the shipping docks disguised as?
(a) A box of coal.
(b) Salted fish for Leibniz.
(c) Natural philosophy tools.
(d) Fresh fish for Sir Isaac.
15. How long has Jack been telling tales of conspiracy to his visitor?
(a) For a month.
(b) For a week.
(c) More than two years.
(d) More than two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack believe he's found under the stress of torture?
2. Who does Sir Isaac tell White has accused him of high treason?
3. Why is the magistrate in a foul mood about the King's coronation?
4. How many locks are on the vault at Westminster Abbey?
5. How does Ravenscar die?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)