|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Danny and Jimmy's friend in Carolina?
2. Who does the King name First Lord of the Treasury?
(d) Sir Isaac.
3. White is arrested upon whose authority?
(a) The Lord Chancellor of Westminster Abbey.
(b) The Lord Chancellor of the House of Lords.
(c) The Lord Chancellor of the House of Lords.
(d) The Lord Chancellor of the Royal Society.
4. What does Daniel discover about Sir Isaac in his sedan chair?
(a) He has a bomb.
(b) He has no clothes.
(c) He has died.
(d) He has a gun.
5. Who is the visitor Daniel overhears Jack talking with?
(c) Sir Isaac.
6. What happens to the melted gold before it is weighed to test its quality?
(a) It is heated again.
(b) It bursts into flames.
(c) It is allowed to cool.
(d) It is dropped on the floor.
7. What does the King's messenger hope to find at Clerkenwell Court?
(a) Jack Shaftoe.
(b) An infernal device.
(c) Trial documents.
(d) A second mint.
8. What does Jack do as he is led through the streets of London?
(a) He loosens the rope that binds his arms.
(b) He sings a song to the people.
(c) He tightens the noose around his neck.
(d) He begs for forgiveness from God.
9. Who delivers Jack's expensive suit?
(a) The mysterious blond man.
(c) Bob Shaftoe.
(d) The mysterious veiled woman.
10. What does Jack believe he's found under the stress of torture?
11. What happens when the gold guinea samples are melted?
(a) The base metal and pure gold fuse together.
(b) The base metal and pure gold catch on fire.
(c) The base metal and pure gold separate.
(d) The base metal and pure gold change colors.
12. Who accompanies Daniel to investigate Fleet Prison?
(a) Sir Isaac.
13. What does the executioner no longer feel obligated to do?
(a) Ensure that Jack's death is swift.
(b) Ensure that Jack is dead.
(c) Ensure that Jack has found God.
(d) Ensure that Jack gets drawn and quartered.
14. What happens to Dappa after the duel?
(a) He nurses White back to health.
(b) He dies and White escapes.
(c) He defeats White and returns to prison.
(d) He defeats White and returns to the Minerva.
15. Where does Sir Isaac instruct Catherine Barton to take him, whether he is alive or dead?
(a) Jack Shaftoe's hanging.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
(d) The trial of the Pyx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the trial date for the Pyx?
2. What happens after the proceedings begin at the trial of the Pyx?
3. How many goldsmiths are sworn in at the trial?
4. What is Daniel careful NOT to show signs of?
5. How does Ravenscar die?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)