|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the standard plates and sheets of the finest precious metals going to be used?
(a) To test the coins Jack has stolen.
(b) To make new gold guineas.
(c) To test the coins Sir Isaac has minted.
(d) To make a new crown for the king
2. When is White arrested?
(a) After the trial of the Pyx.
(b) After the King's coronation.
(c) Before the Queen's death.
(d) Before Jack's sons escape.
3. What happens to Dappa after the duel?
(a) He defeats White and returns to prison.
(b) He dies and White escapes.
(c) He defeats White and returns to the Minerva.
(d) He nurses White back to health.
4. Why is Jack led to a cart before he hangs?
(a) To parade him through the streets.
(b) To change his clothes.
(c) To hold his possessions.
(d) To drag him through the streets.
5. What do the officials announce about Sir Isaac's coins?
(a) That they are still being investigated.
(b) That they are counterfeit.
(c) That they are of the finest quality.
(d) That they are of the worst quality.
6. How many goldsmiths are sworn in at the trial?
7. Who do Danny and Jimmy kill in Carolina?
(a) Their father.
(b) The mistress of the property.
(c) The overseer of the property.
(d) Their friend.
8. What are Haubites?
(a) A type of axe.
(b) A type of sword.
(c) A type of cannon.
(d) A type of pistol.
9. Where is Jack moved to in the prison?
(a) The best room.
(b) He is not moved.
(c) The torture chamber.
(d) The darkest dungeon.
10. Who tells Daniel that many men aboard the Minerva perceive him as bad luck?
(b) Sir Isaac.
(c) Otto Van Hoek.
11. What does Colonel Barnes say has happened after Jack was hung?
(a) The executioner disappeared.
(b) Jack was drawn and quartered.
(c) The executioner was murdered.
(d) Jack disappeared.
12. In Sir Isaac's plan, where is the hidden man supposed to be?
(a) In a bed in Sir Isaac's house.
(b) In a sack on Marsh's cart.
(c) Behind a door in Marsh's house.
(d) In a sack on Threader's cart.
13. Who does Sir Isaac tell White has accused him of high treason?
(b) Edouard De Gex.
(c) Bob Shaftoe.
(d) Jack Shaftoe.
14. Who does Eliza give a second chance to?
(b) Sir Isaac.
15. Who is the visitor Daniel overhears Jack talking with?
(a) Sir Isaac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Threader do with the first sample from the Pyx before the goldsmiths begin their analysis?
2. Who tells Jack that he is considered the King of Vagabonds?
3. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
4. Where do White and Dappa meet to duel?
5. Who does Daniel decide to write to at the end?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)