|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other parishioners do to Jack?
(a) They trip him and laugh as he falls.
(b) They yield to him and stare at the floor.
(c) They rejoice and sing him praise.
(d) They yell at him until he leaves.
2. What does the executioner no longer feel obligated to do?
(a) Ensure that Jack is dead.
(b) Ensure that Jack gets drawn and quartered.
(c) Ensure that Jack has found God.
(d) Ensure that Jack's death is swift.
3. What does Johann beg Leibniz NOT to continue?
(a) The logic mill project.
(b) The calculus feud.
(c) Talking to the tsar.
(d) The steam engine project.
4. Who does Sir Isaac tell White has accused him of high treason?
(a) Bob Shaftoe.
(b) Jack Shaftoe.
(d) Edouard De Gex.
5. What does Threader do with the first sample from the Pyx before the goldsmiths begin their analysis?
(a) He weighs it.
(b) He hides it.
(c) He melts it.
(d) He drops it.
6. Who is the visitor Daniel overhears Jack talking with?
(a) Sir Isaac.
7. Who does Catherine Barton say Sir Isaac needs to act as his voice?
8. What happens to Dappa after the duel?
(a) He defeats White and returns to the Minerva.
(b) He nurses White back to health.
(c) He defeats White and returns to prison.
(d) He dies and White escapes.
9. How does Ravenscar die?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) A poisoned drink.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) A heart attack.
10. How does Sir Isaac have Jack tortured?
(a) He is burned with coals.
(b) He is shocked repeatedly.
(c) He is placed under a weight.
(d) He is stretched on a rack.
11. What is significant about the trial date for the Pyx?
(a) It is the day that Jack Shaftoe is to be executed.
(b) It is the day that the king is to be crowned.
(c) It is the day that Princess Caroline is to be married.
(d) It is the day that Daniel is to return home.
12. Who tells Jack that he is considered the King of Vagabonds?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(b) A young boy.
(c) A blind man.
13. What does Daniel give to Sir Isaac from within the veiled sedan chair?
(a) A potion to make him angry.
(b) A potion to make him happy.
(c) A potion to bring him back to life.
(d) A potion to poison him.
14. How many locks are on the vault at Westminster Abbey?
15. What does Ravenscar announce he is doing as a regent?
(a) Calling for a trial of the Pyx.
(b) Searching for the phosphorus maker.
(c) Challenging the Hanoverian succession.
(d) Firing Sir Isaac as master of the mint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teams up with Daniel and Saturn to remove the Solomonic gold from the bank?
2. What is NOT one of the tasks Daniel must do without Ravenscar?
3. What does the Clubb use to pinpoint the location they are looking for?
4. Who is the Earl of Lostwihiel's deputy?
5. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)