|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the old black guards relieved of their duties?
(a) They were under the command of Russia.
(b) They were under the command of Edouard De Gex.
(c) They were under the command of White.
(d) They were under the command of Jack Shaftoe.
2. What has Dappa become while imprisoned?
(a) Bitter and cruel.
(b) Sad and despondent.
(c) An incredibly wealthy man.
(d) An incredibly poor man.
3. What ailment does Sir Isaac suffer from?
(a) Goal fever.
(d) Hay fever.
4. What are Haubites?
(a) A type of sword.
(b) A type of pistol.
(c) A type of cannon.
(d) A type of axe.
5. What do Daniel and Threader cast a new gold guinea out of?
(a) Sir Isaac's gold buttons.
(b) Threader's gold ring.
(c) Daniel's gold buttons.
(d) Daniel's gold ring.
6. What do the Earl of Lostwihiel and his deputy collect for the trial?
(a) The Pyx.
7. What does Threader do with the first sample from the Pyx before the goldsmiths begin their analysis?
(a) He weighs it.
(b) He melts it.
(c) He hides it.
(d) He drops it.
8. What do the other parishioners do to Jack?
(a) They trip him and laugh as he falls.
(b) They rejoice and sing him praise.
(c) They yell at him until he leaves.
(d) They yield to him and stare at the floor.
9. White is arrested upon whose authority?
(a) The Lord Chancellor of the House of Lords.
(b) The Lord Chancellor of Westminster Abbey.
(c) The Lord Chancellor of the House of Lords.
(d) The Lord Chancellor of the Royal Society.
10. Who does NOT reside at Blenheim Palace, according to the Epilogue?
(a) The Duke of Marlborough.
(b) Colonel Barnes.
(c) Jack Shaftoe.
(d) Bob Shaftoe.
11. Who delivers Jack's expensive suit?
(a) The mysterious veiled woman.
(b) The mysterious blond man.
(d) Bob Shaftoe.
12. What does Daniel give to Sir Isaac from within the veiled sedan chair?
(a) A potion to make him happy.
(b) A potion to bring him back to life.
(c) A potion to make him angry.
(d) A potion to poison him.
13. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
(a) They both sail away on an English ship.
(b) Leibniz sails away on a Russian ship.
(c) Leibniz sails away on an English ship.
(d) Sir Isaac sails away on a French ship.
14. Why does Daniel feels obligated to protect Sir Isaac?
(a) Sir Isaac is blackmailing him.
(b) Sir Isaac is his friend.
(c) Leibniz is blackmailing him.
(d) Sir Isaac is Roger's friend.
15. What happens after the proceedings begin at the trial of the Pyx?
(a) Daniel is summoned.
(b) The royal goldsmiths are summoned.
(c) Sir Isaac is summoned.
(d) The Queen's Army is summoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ravenscar die?
2. Where does Sir Isaac instruct Catherine Barton to take him, whether he is alive or dead?
3. In Sir Isaac's plan, where is the hidden man supposed to be?
4. How is becoming a member of the Clubb different for Leibniz than for other members?
5. Why does Princess Caroline instruct Sir Isaac and Leibniz to reconcile their differences?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)