|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the executioner place over Jack's head?
(a) A white hood.
(b) A crown of thorns.
(c) A black hood.
(d) A crown of gold.
2. What gives Daniel power over Sir Isaac in Chapter 24?
(a) Knowing the whereabouts of the steam engine.
(b) Knowing the whereabouts of the Solomonic gold.
(c) Knowing the whereabouts of Dappa.
(d) Knowing the whereabouts of White.
3. What is the gold smuggled to the shipping docks disguised as?
(a) Salted fish for Leibniz.
(b) A box of coal.
(c) Fresh fish for Sir Isaac.
(d) Natural philosophy tools.
4. What is the tap room?
(a) A tavern inside the prison.
(b) A bathroom inside the prison.
(c) A kitchen inside the prison.
(d) A torture chamber inside the prison.
5. What does White spread rumors about?
(a) Sir Isaac's involvement with a second mint.
(b) Daniel's involvement with a second mint.
(c) Jack's involvement with a second mint.
(d) Roger's involvement with a second mint.
6. How does Sir Isaac have Jack tortured?
(a) He is placed under a weight.
(b) He is stretched on a rack.
(c) He is burned with coals.
(d) He is shocked repeatedly.
7. Who do Danny and Jimmy kill in Carolina?
(a) Their father.
(b) The mistress of the property.
(c) Their friend.
(d) The overseer of the property.
8. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
(a) Sir Isaac sails away on a French ship.
(b) They both sail away on an English ship.
(c) Leibniz sails away on a Russian ship.
(d) Leibniz sails away on an English ship.
9. Who does NOT reside at Blenheim Palace, according to the Epilogue?
(a) Jack Shaftoe.
(b) Colonel Barnes.
(c) Bob Shaftoe.
(d) The Duke of Marlborough.
10. What does Daniel unexpectedly state in the prison?
(a) That he knows Sir Isaac made the infernal devices.
(b) That he knows Jack made the infernal devices.
(c) That he knows who was visiting Jack.
(d) That he knows Saturn made the infernal devices.
11. Who teams up with Daniel and Saturn to remove the Solomonic gold from the bank?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(b) William Ham.
(d) Peter the Great.
12. How does Jack reward the people who have congregated in his honor?
(a) He says a prayer for them.
(b) He buys them food and wine.
(c) He professes his love to them.
(d) He throws his possessions to them.
13. Who does Catherine Barton say Sir Isaac needs to act as his voice?
14. Who accompanies Daniel to investigate Fleet Prison?
(d) Sir Isaac.
15. What does Colonel Barnes say has happened after Jack was hung?
(a) The executioner disappeared.
(b) The executioner was murdered.
(c) Jack was drawn and quartered.
(d) Jack disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Clubb members find along with a counterfeiting die?
2. How is becoming a member of the Clubb different for Leibniz than for other members?
3. Why does Daniel feels obligated to protect Sir Isaac?
4. What signifies that the gold is pure?
5. How does Ravenscar die?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)