|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Daniel, the Earl of Lostwihiel, Saturn, Orney and Newcomen inspect and find to be working well?
(a) The House of Lords.
(b) The steam engine.
(c) The clockwork volcano.
(d) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
2. White is arrested upon whose authority?
(a) The Lord Chancellor of Westminster Abbey.
(b) The Lord Chancellor of the House of Lords.
(c) The Lord Chancellor of the Royal Society.
(d) The Lord Chancellor of the House of Lords.
3. In Sir Isaac's plan, where is the hidden man supposed to be?
(a) In a sack on Marsh's cart.
(b) In a sack on Threader's cart.
(c) Behind a door in Marsh's house.
(d) In a bed in Sir Isaac's house.
4. Where does Sir Isaac instruct Catherine Barton to take him, whether he is alive or dead?
(a) Jack Shaftoe's hanging.
(b) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
(c) The trial of the Pyx.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
5. What does Johann beg Leibniz NOT to continue?
(a) Talking to the tsar.
(b) The logic mill project.
(c) The calculus feud.
(d) The steam engine project.
6. Where does Daniel take the Shaftoe boys before he puts them aboard a boat for Carolina?
(a) To see their uncle.
(b) To see White.
(c) To see their mother.
(d) To see their father.
7. Who is the visitor Daniel overhears Jack talking with?
(d) Sir Isaac.
8. Why does Sir Isaac no longer have the proof he needs?
(a) Dappa has died without a confession.
(b) Daniel has died without a confession.
(c) Jack has died without a confession.
(d) White has died without a confession.
9. How many locks are on the vault at Westminster Abbey?
10. How does Ravenscar die?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) A poisoned drink.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) He doesn't.
11. What is the name of Danny and Jimmy's friend in Carolina?
12. Who owns the property being used to process phosphorous?
(a) Jack Shaftoe.
(d) Sir Isaac.
13. Who does the blond man accompany in church?
(b) A veiled woman.
(c) The priest.
14. Why is the magistrate in a foul mood about the King's coronation?
(a) He thinks Jack should have been crowned king.
(b) He thinks he should have been crowned king.
(c) He thinks the festivities lasted too long.
(d) He thinks it should have been a public holiday.
15. Who does NOT reside at Blenheim Palace, according to the Epilogue?
(a) The Duke of Marlborough.
(b) Colonel Barnes.
(c) Bob Shaftoe.
(d) Jack Shaftoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers Jack's expensive suit?
2. What happens after the proceedings begin at the trial of the Pyx?
3. What is inspected in case they have been made of gold and painted black?
4. What is the tap room?
5. What happens when the gold guinea samples are melted?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)