|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eliza once ask Jack to choose?
(a) Her hand in marriage.
(b) A mansion that was foreboding.
(c) A token of her love.
(d) A lifestyle that was befitting.
2. Who teams up with Daniel and Saturn to remove the Solomonic gold from the bank?
(a) William Ham.
(b) Sir Isaac.
(d) Peter the Great.
3. What are Haubites?
(a) A type of pistol.
(b) A type of cannon.
(c) A type of axe.
(d) A type of sword.
4. How does Sir Isaac have Jack tortured?
(a) He is placed under a weight.
(b) He is stretched on a rack.
(c) He is shocked repeatedly.
(d) He is burned with coals.
5. Who currently governs the Tower of London?
(a) Colonel Barnes.
(d) Lord Ravenscar.
6. What is significant about the trial date for the Pyx?
(a) It is the day that Daniel is to return home.
(b) It is the day that the king is to be crowned.
(c) It is the day that Jack Shaftoe is to be executed.
(d) It is the day that Princess Caroline is to be married.
7. What does Daniel unexpectedly state in the prison?
(a) That he knows who was visiting Jack.
(b) That he knows Sir Isaac made the infernal devices.
(c) That he knows Saturn made the infernal devices.
(d) That he knows Jack made the infernal devices.
8. How long has Jack been telling tales of conspiracy to his visitor?
(a) For a month.
(b) More than two months.
(c) More than two years.
(d) For a week.
9. What happens when the gold guinea samples are melted?
(a) The base metal and pure gold separate.
(b) The base metal and pure gold change colors.
(c) The base metal and pure gold catch on fire.
(d) The base metal and pure gold fuse together.
10. Who does the King name First Lord of the Treasury?
(d) Sir Isaac.
11. What do Daniel and Threader cast a new gold guinea out of?
(a) Daniel's gold ring.
(b) Sir Isaac's gold buttons.
(c) Threader's gold ring.
(d) Daniel's gold buttons.
12. What is the name of Danny and Jimmy's friend in Carolina?
13. What is the gold smuggled to the shipping docks disguised as?
(a) Natural philosophy tools.
(b) A box of coal.
(c) Fresh fish for Sir Isaac.
(d) Salted fish for Leibniz.
14. What has Dappa selected for the duel with White?
(a) Matching weapons.
(b) A helmet.
(c) Fancy clothes.
15. What does Ravenscar announce he is doing as a regent?
(a) Searching for the phosphorus maker.
(b) Challenging the Hanoverian succession.
(c) Calling for a trial of the Pyx.
(d) Firing Sir Isaac as master of the mint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack tell the public he is going in the morning to hang?
2. What do the officials announce about Sir Isaac's coins?
3. How is becoming a member of the Clubb different for Leibniz than for other members?
4. How does White challenge Dappa?
5. What do Daniel, the Earl of Lostwihiel, Saturn, Orney and Newcomen inspect and find to be working well?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)