|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivers Jack's expensive suit?
(b) Bob Shaftoe.
(c) The mysterious veiled woman.
(d) The mysterious blond man.
2. What does Daniel discover about Sir Isaac in his sedan chair?
(a) He has a gun.
(b) He has a bomb.
(c) He has no clothes.
(d) He has died.
3. What do the other parishioners do to Jack?
(a) They rejoice and sing him praise.
(b) They yell at him until he leaves.
(c) They trip him and laugh as he falls.
(d) They yield to him and stare at the floor.
4. What do the Earl of Lostwihiel and his deputy collect for the trial?
(c) The Pyx.
5. White is arrested upon whose authority?
(a) The Lord Chancellor of Westminster Abbey.
(b) The Lord Chancellor of the Royal Society.
(c) The Lord Chancellor of the House of Lords.
(d) The Lord Chancellor of the House of Lords.
6. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
(a) They both sail away on an English ship.
(b) Leibniz sails away on a Russian ship.
(c) Sir Isaac sails away on a French ship.
(d) Leibniz sails away on an English ship.
7. What does the King's messenger hope to find at Clerkenwell Court?
(a) Jack Shaftoe.
(b) A second mint.
(c) An infernal device.
(d) Trial documents.
8. Who does NOT reside at Blenheim Palace, according to the Epilogue?
(a) Colonel Barnes.
(b) The Duke of Marlborough.
(c) Bob Shaftoe.
(d) Jack Shaftoe.
9. Where do White and Dappa meet to duel?
(a) On the cliffs by the river.
(b) On a ship out at sea.
(c) Under the gallows on a hill.
(d) In the courtyard of the prison.
10. What does the executioner place over Jack's head?
(a) A white hood.
(b) A crown of thorns.
(c) A crown of gold.
(d) A black hood.
11. How is becoming a member of the Clubb different for Leibniz than for other members?
(a) He does not get inducted.
(b) He has to pay to be a member.
(c) He is elected to membership.
(d) He does not have to pay dues.
12. Why is Jack led to a cart before he hangs?
(a) To change his clothes.
(b) To drag him through the streets.
(c) To parade him through the streets.
(d) To hold his possessions.
13. What does the public throw at Jack when he bids them goodnight?
(a) Hundreds of rocks.
(b) Hundreds of roses.
(c) Hundreds of coins.
(d) Hundreds of vegetables.
14. Who tells Daniel that many men aboard the Minerva perceive him as bad luck?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(d) Otto Van Hoek.
15. What is significant about the trial date for the Pyx?
(a) It is the day that Princess Caroline is to be married.
(b) It is the day that Jack Shaftoe is to be executed.
(c) It is the day that Daniel is to return home.
(d) It is the day that the king is to be crowned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Danny and Jimmy's friend in Carolina?
2. Who serves as the gardener at Blenheim Palace?
3. How are the standard plates and sheets of the finest precious metals going to be used?
4. What has Dappa become while imprisoned?
5. What does White spread rumors about?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)