|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack believe he's found under the stress of torture?
2. What are Haubites?
(a) A type of pistol.
(b) A type of sword.
(c) A type of cannon.
(d) A type of axe.
3. Who teams up with Daniel and Saturn to remove the Solomonic gold from the bank?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(c) Peter the Great.
(d) William Ham.
4. What does White promise Jack for accusing Sir Isaac of committing treason?
(a) Jack and his sons will be given freedom.
(b) Jack and his brother will be given money.
(c) Jack and his sons will be given money.
(d) Jack and his sons will become regents.
5. What happens to Dappa after the duel?
(a) He nurses White back to health.
(b) He defeats White and returns to the Minerva.
(c) He defeats White and returns to prison.
(d) He dies and White escapes.
6. How are the standard plates and sheets of the finest precious metals going to be used?
(a) To make new gold guineas.
(b) To test the coins Jack has stolen.
(c) To make a new crown for the king
(d) To test the coins Sir Isaac has minted.
7. What name does Jack note at the reading of his last rights?
8. The Clubb believes finding what person will conclude the infernal device investigation?
(a) Princess Caroline.
(b) The phosphorus maker.
(c) Lt. Throwley.
(d) The watch maker.
9. What does Ravenscar announce he is doing as a regent?
(a) Searching for the phosphorus maker.
(b) Challenging the Hanoverian succession.
(c) Calling for a trial of the Pyx.
(d) Firing Sir Isaac as master of the mint.
10. White is arrested upon whose authority?
(a) The Lord Chancellor of Westminster Abbey.
(b) The Lord Chancellor of the House of Lords.
(c) The Lord Chancellor of the Royal Society.
(d) The Lord Chancellor of the House of Lords.
11. What do the other parishioners do to Jack?
(a) They yield to him and stare at the floor.
(b) They yell at him until he leaves.
(c) They rejoice and sing him praise.
(d) They trip him and laugh as he falls.
12. What happens to the melted gold before it is weighed to test its quality?
(a) It is heated again.
(b) It is dropped on the floor.
(c) It is allowed to cool.
(d) It bursts into flames.
13. What is Leibniz afraid will happen before he finishes his project?
(a) That he will die.
(b) That Peter the Great will take credit for it.
(c) That he will make a mistake.
(d) That he will go to prison.
14. Who does the King name First Lord of the Treasury?
(c) Sir Isaac.
15. What does Johann beg Leibniz NOT to continue?
(a) The logic mill project.
(b) The calculus feud.
(c) The steam engine project.
(d) Talking to the tsar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sir Isaac instruct Catherine Barton to take him, whether he is alive or dead?
2. Why are the old black guards relieved of their duties?
3. Who serves as the gardener at Blenheim Palace?
4. Who delivers Jack's expensive suit?
5. What happens after the proceedings begin at the trial of the Pyx?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)