|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tap room?
(a) A bathroom inside the prison.
(b) A tavern inside the prison.
(c) A kitchen inside the prison.
(d) A torture chamber inside the prison.
2. Who delivers Jack's expensive suit?
(a) The mysterious blond man.
(c) Bob Shaftoe.
(d) The mysterious veiled woman.
3. What does Colonel Barnes say has happened after Jack was hung?
(a) Jack disappeared.
(b) Jack was drawn and quartered.
(c) The executioner disappeared.
(d) The executioner was murdered.
4. Where is Jack moved to in the prison?
(a) The torture chamber.
(b) The best room.
(c) He is not moved.
(d) The darkest dungeon.
5. Who do Danny and Jimmy kill in Carolina?
(a) Their father.
(b) The overseer of the property.
(c) The mistress of the property.
(d) Their friend.
6. What is Jack wearing when he arrives at the hanging platform?
(a) A three-layered suit.
(c) A golden crown.
(d) Nothing but his undergarments.
7. What does the executioner place over Jack's head?
(a) A crown of gold.
(b) A crown of thorns.
(c) A white hood.
(d) A black hood.
8. What does Daniel unexpectedly state in the prison?
(a) That he knows Saturn made the infernal devices.
(b) That he knows Jack made the infernal devices.
(c) That he knows who was visiting Jack.
(d) That he knows Sir Isaac made the infernal devices.
9. What did Eliza once ask Jack to choose?
(a) A lifestyle that was befitting.
(b) A token of her love.
(c) Her hand in marriage.
(d) A mansion that was foreboding.
10. What does Threader do with the first sample from the Pyx before the goldsmiths begin their analysis?
(a) He weighs it.
(b) He melts it.
(c) He hides it.
(d) He drops it.
11. What is the name of Danny and Jimmy's friend in Carolina?
12. What has Dappa become while imprisoned?
(a) An incredibly wealthy man.
(b) An incredibly poor man.
(c) Sad and despondent.
(d) Bitter and cruel.
13. What does White spread rumors about?
(a) Daniel's involvement with a second mint.
(b) Roger's involvement with a second mint.
(c) Jack's involvement with a second mint.
(d) Sir Isaac's involvement with a second mint.
14. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
(a) Religious symbols.
(b) His initials.
(c) Alchemic symbols.
15. Who does Catherine Barton say Sir Isaac needs to act as his voice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What signifies that the gold is pure?
2. What gives Daniel power over Sir Isaac in Chapter 24?
3. What does Daniel discover about Sir Isaac in his sedan chair?
4. Who does Daniel decide to write to at the end?
5. What ailment does Sir Isaac suffer from?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)