|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the tasks Daniel must do without Ravenscar?
(a) Arrange the trial of the Pyx.
(b) Conclude work on the logic mill.
(c) Execute Jack Shaftoe.
(d) Decide the fate of the Institute of Technological Arts.
2. What does Daniel unexpectedly state in the prison?
(a) That he knows Sir Isaac made the infernal devices.
(b) That he knows Saturn made the infernal devices.
(c) That he knows Jack made the infernal devices.
(d) That he knows who was visiting Jack.
3. What does Threader do with the first sample from the Pyx before the goldsmiths begin their analysis?
(a) He drops it.
(b) He weighs it.
(c) He melts it.
(d) He hides it.
4. What are Haubites?
(a) A type of axe.
(b) A type of cannon.
(c) A type of sword.
(d) A type of pistol.
5. What do Daniel and Threader cast a new gold guinea out of?
(a) Sir Isaac's gold buttons.
(b) Daniel's gold buttons.
(c) Threader's gold ring.
(d) Daniel's gold ring.
6. Why is Jack led to a cart before he hangs?
(a) To drag him through the streets.
(b) To hold his possessions.
(c) To change his clothes.
(d) To parade him through the streets.
7. Where does Daniel take the Shaftoe boys before he puts them aboard a boat for Carolina?
(a) To see their mother.
(b) To see their uncle.
(c) To see their father.
(d) To see White.
8. Who does the King name First Lord of the Treasury?
(d) Sir Isaac.
9. Where does Sir Isaac instruct Catherine Barton to take him, whether he is alive or dead?
(a) Jack Shaftoe's hanging.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
(d) The trial of the Pyx.
10. What name does Jack note at the reading of his last rights?
11. Who serves as the gardener at Blenheim Palace?
(a) Jack Shaftoe.
(b) Bob Shaftoe.
(c) Colonel Barnes.
(d) The Duke of Marlborough.
12. What is the name of Danny and Jimmy's friend in Carolina?
13. Who does the blond man accompany in church?
(a) The priest.
(c) A veiled woman.
14. What is Daniel careful NOT to show signs of?
(a) Hope or optimism.
(b) Love or adoration.
(c) Anger or violence.
(d) Fatigue or stress.
15. Who does NOT reside at Blenheim Palace, according to the Epilogue?
(a) Bob Shaftoe.
(b) Colonel Barnes.
(c) The Duke of Marlborough.
(d) Jack Shaftoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the standard plates and sheets of the finest precious metals going to be used?
2. What happens to Dappa after the duel?
3. Where do White and Dappa meet to duel?
4. What is inspected in case they have been made of gold and painted black?
5. What is to happen to Jack after he is hung by the neck?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)