|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Danny and Jimmy's friend in Carolina?
2. Where does Jack tell the public he is going in the morning to hang?
(c) Westminster Abbey.
(d) Shive Tor.
3. What is Jack wearing when he arrives at the hanging platform?
(a) A three-layered suit.
(c) A golden crown.
(d) Nothing but his undergarments.
4. What does Ravenscar announce he is doing as a regent?
(a) Searching for the phosphorus maker.
(b) Firing Sir Isaac as master of the mint.
(c) Challenging the Hanoverian succession.
(d) Calling for a trial of the Pyx.
5. What does the executioner no longer feel obligated to do?
(a) Ensure that Jack is dead.
(b) Ensure that Jack's death is swift.
(c) Ensure that Jack has found God.
(d) Ensure that Jack gets drawn and quartered.
6. How are the standard plates and sheets of the finest precious metals going to be used?
(a) To test the coins Sir Isaac has minted.
(b) To make new gold guineas.
(c) To test the coins Jack has stolen.
(d) To make a new crown for the king
7. What happens to the melted gold before it is weighed to test its quality?
(a) It is allowed to cool.
(b) It bursts into flames.
(c) It is dropped on the floor.
(d) It is heated again.
8. What does the executioner place over Jack's head?
(a) A crown of thorns.
(b) A crown of gold.
(c) A white hood.
(d) A black hood.
9. Who does the King name First Lord of the Treasury?
(a) Sir Isaac.
10. What does White spread rumors about?
(a) Roger's involvement with a second mint.
(b) Jack's involvement with a second mint.
(c) Daniel's involvement with a second mint.
(d) Sir Isaac's involvement with a second mint.
11. What is the tap room?
(a) A bathroom inside the prison.
(b) A kitchen inside the prison.
(c) A torture chamber inside the prison.
(d) A tavern inside the prison.
12. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
(b) Religious symbols.
(c) His initials.
(d) Alchemic symbols.
13. What do the Earl of Lostwihiel and his deputy collect for the trial?
(b) The Pyx.
14. What is Leibniz afraid will happen before he finishes his project?
(a) That he will die.
(b) That Peter the Great will take credit for it.
(c) That he will make a mistake.
(d) That he will go to prison.
15. Who are Jimmy and Danny?
(a) Daniel's nephews.
(b) Sir Isaac's brothers.
(c) Bob Shaftoe's nephews.
(d) Marsh's sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the public throw at Jack when he bids them goodnight?
2. Why is the magistrate in a foul mood about the King's coronation?
3. Who does NOT reside at Blenheim Palace, according to the Epilogue?
4. What gives Daniel power over Sir Isaac in Chapter 24?
5. Who accompanies Daniel to investigate Fleet Prison?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)