|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is marked on the buttons of Jack's suit?
(a) His initials.
(b) Religious symbols.
(d) Alchemic symbols.
2. What is to happen to Jack after he is hung by the neck?
(a) He will be pardoned by the House of Lords.
(b) He will be pressed under a 300-pound weight.
(c) He will be drawn and quartered until he dies.
(d) His body will be thrown in the River Thames.
3. What is NOT one of the tasks Daniel must do without Ravenscar?
(a) Execute Jack Shaftoe.
(b) Arrange the trial of the Pyx.
(c) Decide the fate of the Institute of Technological Arts.
(d) Conclude work on the logic mill.
4. Who does Eliza give a second chance to?
(d) Sir Isaac.
5. Who do Danny and Jimmy kill in Carolina?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their friend.
(c) The mistress of the property.
(d) The overseer of the property.
6. What happens after Sir Isaac and Leibniz bid each other farewell?
(a) Leibniz sails away on a Russian ship.
(b) Leibniz sails away on an English ship.
(c) They both sail away on an English ship.
(d) Sir Isaac sails away on a French ship.
7. What is Jack wearing when he arrives at the hanging platform?
(a) A three-layered suit.
(b) A golden crown.
(d) Nothing but his undergarments.
8. What is inspected in case they have been made of gold and painted black?
(a) The guns aboard the Minerva.
(b) The portholes on the Minerva.
(c) The anchors aboard the Minerva.
(d) The cannonballs on the Minerva.
9. How does Sir Isaac have Jack tortured?
(a) He is shocked repeatedly.
(b) He is placed under a weight.
(c) He is stretched on a rack.
(d) He is burned with coals.
10. How long has Jack been telling tales of conspiracy to his visitor?
(a) For a month.
(b) More than two years.
(c) For a week.
(d) More than two months.
11. Where does Sir Isaac instruct Catherine Barton to take him, whether he is alive or dead?
(a) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) The trial of the Pyx.
(d) Jack Shaftoe's hanging.
12. What did Eliza once ask Jack to choose?
(a) A mansion that was foreboding.
(b) A token of her love.
(c) A lifestyle that was befitting.
(d) Her hand in marriage.
13. What does Daniel give to Sir Isaac from within the veiled sedan chair?
(a) A potion to make him angry.
(b) A potion to make him happy.
(c) A potion to poison him.
(d) A potion to bring him back to life.
14. What do the Earl of Lostwihiel and his deputy collect for the trial?
(c) The Pyx.
15. Who are Jimmy and Danny?
(a) Sir Isaac's brothers.
(b) Bob Shaftoe's nephews.
(c) Marsh's sons.
(d) Daniel's nephews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the blond man accompany in church?
2. What do the other parishioners do to Jack?
3. What does the public throw at Jack when he bids them goodnight?
4. How many locks are on the vault at Westminster Abbey?
5. Where does Jack tell the public he is going in the morning to hang?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)