|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Princess Caroline instruct Sir Isaac and Leibniz to reconcile their differences?
(a) She wants them to establish a New Steam Engine.
(b) She wants them to establish a New System of the World.
(c) She wants them to establish a New System of Calculus.
(d) She wants them to establish a New Logic Mill.
2. What signifies that the gold is pure?
(a) Its weight of 12 ounces.
(b) Its molten texture.
(c) Its molten color.
(d) Its weight of 10 ounces.
3. How does Ravenscar die?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) He is murdered.
(c) A poisoned drink.
(d) He doesn't.
4. What is the tap room?
(a) A kitchen inside the prison.
(b) A torture chamber inside the prison.
(c) A tavern inside the prison.
(d) A bathroom inside the prison.
5. What happens after the proceedings begin at the trial of the Pyx?
(a) The royal goldsmiths are summoned.
(b) Sir Isaac is summoned.
(c) Daniel is summoned.
(d) The Queen's Army is summoned.
6. Where is Jack moved to in the prison?
(a) The darkest dungeon.
(b) He is not moved.
(c) The torture chamber.
(d) The best room.
7. What is Daniel careful NOT to show signs of?
(a) Anger or violence.
(b) Fatigue or stress.
(c) Love or adoration.
(d) Hope or optimism.
8. How many locks are on the vault at Westminster Abbey?
9. How does White challenge Dappa?
(a) With a writing contest.
(b) With torture.
(c) With an insult.
(d) With a duel.
10. What gives Daniel power over Sir Isaac in Chapter 24?
(a) Knowing the whereabouts of White.
(b) Knowing the whereabouts of the Solomonic gold.
(c) Knowing the whereabouts of the steam engine.
(d) Knowing the whereabouts of Dappa.
11. Who owns the property being used to process phosphorous?
(b) Jack Shaftoe.
(d) Sir Isaac.
12. The Clubb believes finding what person will conclude the infernal device investigation?
(a) The phosphorus maker.
(b) Princess Caroline.
(c) Lt. Throwley.
(d) The watch maker.
13. How is becoming a member of the Clubb different for Leibniz than for other members?
(a) He is elected to membership.
(b) He does not have to pay dues.
(c) He has to pay to be a member.
(d) He does not get inducted.
14. Where do White and Dappa meet to duel?
(a) On a ship out at sea.
(b) In the courtyard of the prison.
(c) Under the gallows on a hill.
(d) On the cliffs by the river.
15. Where does Jack tell the public he is going in the morning to hang?
(c) Westminster Abbey.
(d) Shive Tor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sir Isaac no longer have the proof he needs?
2. White is arrested upon whose authority?
3. What does White spread rumors about?
4. Who does Eliza give a second chance to?
5. What happens when the gold guinea samples are melted?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)