|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Daniel power over Sir Isaac in Chapter 24?
(a) Knowing the whereabouts of the Solomonic gold.
(b) Knowing the whereabouts of the steam engine.
(c) Knowing the whereabouts of Dappa.
(d) Knowing the whereabouts of White.
2. How long has Jack been telling tales of conspiracy to his visitor?
(a) More than two years.
(b) For a month.
(c) More than two months.
(d) For a week.
3. What did Eliza once ask Jack to choose?
(a) A mansion that was foreboding.
(b) Her hand in marriage.
(c) A token of her love.
(d) A lifestyle that was befitting.
4. How many locks are on the vault at Westminster Abbey?
5. What happens when the gold guinea samples are melted?
(a) The base metal and pure gold change colors.
(b) The base metal and pure gold fuse together.
(c) The base metal and pure gold separate.
(d) The base metal and pure gold catch on fire.
6. Who are Jimmy and Danny?
(a) Marsh's sons.
(b) Sir Isaac's brothers.
(c) Bob Shaftoe's nephews.
(d) Daniel's nephews.
7. Who do Danny and Jimmy kill in Carolina?
(a) The overseer of the property.
(b) The mistress of the property.
(c) Their father.
(d) Their friend.
8. What ailment does Sir Isaac suffer from?
(a) Hay fever.
(d) Goal fever.
9. Who tells Jack that he is considered the King of Vagabonds?
(b) A blind man.
(c) Sir Isaac.
(d) A young boy.
10. What name does Jack note at the reading of his last rights?
11. Who does the blond man accompany in church?
(a) The priest.
(c) A veiled woman.
12. Who does the King name First Lord of the Treasury?
(d) Sir Isaac.
13. What does White spread rumors about?
(a) Roger's involvement with a second mint.
(b) Sir Isaac's involvement with a second mint.
(c) Daniel's involvement with a second mint.
(d) Jack's involvement with a second mint.
14. Who teams up with Daniel and Saturn to remove the Solomonic gold from the bank?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(c) Peter the Great.
(d) William Ham.
15. What happens after the proceedings begin at the trial of the Pyx?
(a) Sir Isaac is summoned.
(b) The Queen's Army is summoned.
(c) The royal goldsmiths are summoned.
(d) Daniel is summoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dappa selected for the duel with White?
2. How does Ravenscar die?
3. Where does Daniel take the Shaftoe boys before he puts them aboard a boat for Carolina?
4. What is NOT one of the tasks Daniel must do without Ravenscar?
5. In Sir Isaac's plan, where is the hidden man supposed to be?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)