|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Princess Caroline instruct Sir Isaac and Leibniz to reconcile their differences?
(a) She wants them to establish a New System of Calculus.
(b) She wants them to establish a New Steam Engine.
(c) She wants them to establish a New Logic Mill.
(d) She wants them to establish a New System of the World.
2. What did Eliza once ask Jack to choose?
(a) A lifestyle that was befitting.
(b) A token of her love.
(c) A mansion that was foreboding.
(d) Her hand in marriage.
3. Who does Catherine Barton say Sir Isaac needs to act as his voice?
4. Where do White and Dappa meet to duel?
(a) In the courtyard of the prison.
(b) On a ship out at sea.
(c) On the cliffs by the river.
(d) Under the gallows on a hill.
5. What do Daniel, the Earl of Lostwihiel, Saturn, Orney and Newcomen inspect and find to be working well?
(a) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
(b) The House of Lords.
(c) The steam engine.
(d) The clockwork volcano.
6. Who is the Earl of Lostwihiel's deputy?
(a) Colonel Barnes.
(d) Sir Isaac.
7. What is Daniel careful NOT to show signs of?
(a) Love or adoration.
(b) Hope or optimism.
(c) Fatigue or stress.
(d) Anger or violence.
8. What does the executioner place over Jack's head?
(a) A black hood.
(b) A crown of thorns.
(c) A white hood.
(d) A crown of gold.
9. What is NOT one of the tasks Daniel must do without Ravenscar?
(a) Decide the fate of the Institute of Technological Arts.
(b) Arrange the trial of the Pyx.
(c) Conclude work on the logic mill.
(d) Execute Jack Shaftoe.
10. What is inspected in case they have been made of gold and painted black?
(a) The guns aboard the Minerva.
(b) The anchors aboard the Minerva.
(c) The cannonballs on the Minerva.
(d) The portholes on the Minerva.
11. Who does the blond man accompany in church?
(a) The priest.
(b) A veiled woman.
12. What does the Clubb use to pinpoint the location they are looking for?
(a) The number of people in town.
(b) The number of wheels on a cart.
(c) The number of wheel rotations counted.
(d) The number of houses they pass.
13. What do Daniel and Threader cast a new gold guinea out of?
(a) Sir Isaac's gold buttons.
(b) Daniel's gold buttons.
(c) Threader's gold ring.
(d) Daniel's gold ring.
14. Why is Jack led to a cart before he hangs?
(a) To change his clothes.
(b) To drag him through the streets.
(c) To parade him through the streets.
(d) To hold his possessions.
15. Who serves as the gardener at Blenheim Palace?
(a) Jack Shaftoe.
(b) Bob Shaftoe.
(c) Colonel Barnes.
(d) The Duke of Marlborough.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many locks are on the vault at Westminster Abbey?
2. Who are Jimmy and Danny?
3. Why is the magistrate in a foul mood about the King's coronation?
4. Who does Sir Isaac tell White has accused him of high treason?
5. In Sir Isaac's plan, where is the hidden man supposed to be?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)