|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Daniel suspicious of Roger and his clockwork volcano?
(a) Roger keep it hidden.
(b) It doesn't work.
(c) It uses Phosphorus.
(d) It is too loud.
2. What is Eliza skeptical about regarding the logic mill?
(a) How it will benefit others.
(b) Why it is so big.
(c) Who will operate it.
(d) When it will be finished.
3. What motivates George Louis' arrival?
(a) The death of Peter the Great.
(b) Jack Shaftoe's capture.
(c) Peter the Great's arrival.
(d) The death of Queen Anne.
4. What does Jack get out of the ordeal with the Tower?
(a) His weight in gold coins.
(b) A diamond the size of his fist.
(c) Some small leather pouches.
(d) Elaborate new clothes.
5. Where is the Sophia forced aground?
(a) The Isle of Man.
(b) The Isle of Grain.
(c) The mouth of the Times River.
(d) The mouth of the Thames River.
6. Where does Peter go with the gold from the hull of the Minerva?
(a) Back to Russia.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) Clerkenwell Court.
(d) The Royal Society.
7. What does McIan receive from Jack before he enters the English mint?
8. What has Jack forgotten about, according to Partry?
(a) Daniel and Sir Isaac.
(b) Another prisoner.
(c) Another escape route.
(d) The House of Lords.
9. What object does Sir Isaac go ashore with?
(a) A wooden case.
(b) A broken compass.
(c) A metal box.
(d) A ticking clock.
10. How does Caroline's grandmother die?
(a) She takes her own life.
(b) She suffers a stroke.
(c) She is poisoned.
(d) She dies in her sleep.
11. What is Bob Shaftoe doing when Daniel visits him?
(a) Breaking into a vault.
(b) Extracting brain juice from dead bodies.
(c) Categorizing insects by color.
(d) Counting out stacks of money.
12. What is the subject of the main feud between Newton and Leibniz?
13. Where does the one-armed Russian launch his attack?
(a) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
(b) The Black Dogg.
(c) The Saracen's Head Inn.
14. Who does Daniel meet upon his arrival to London?
(a) Enoch Root.
(b) Princess Caroline.
(c) Thomas Newcomen and Will Comstock.
(d) Sonny and Cher.
15. Who does Jack team up with to devalue the English currency?
(a) A one-armed Russian.
(b) A natural philosopher.
(c) A French Catholic minister.
(d) An English political leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is disguised as a man with syphilis at Crane Court?
2. What serves as a decoy to distract the tower guards?
3. Who does Solomon declare as the only two alchemists in the world?
4. Where does Daniel witness Mr. White being beaten?
5. Where does Sir Isaac have Arlanc sent?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)