|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jack, Daniel, and Sir Isaac negotiate?
(a) Returning Eliza to London.
(b) Getting Dappa out of prison.
(c) Returning the contents of the Pyx.
(d) Returning the Atlanta to White.
2. Who does Jack team up with to devalue the English currency?
(a) A French Catholic minister.
(b) A one-armed Russian.
(c) An English political leader.
(d) A natural philosopher.
3. Daniel introduces Caroline and Eliza as __________________.
(a) His nurse and her half-sister.
(b) His wife and her half-sister.
(c) His half-sister and her maid.
(d) His housekeeper and his cook.
4. What is the subject of the main feud between Newton and Leibniz?
5. Who tries to protect Dappa from capture?
6. What happens to Threader's luggage wagon when he and Daniel arrive at the Royal Society?
(a) It explodes.
(b) It rolls down the hill.
(c) It gets stuck in the mud.
(d) It is stolen.
7. Who does Daniel believe was the intended victim of the incident in Chapter 4?
(c) Sir Isaac.
8. What object does Sir Isaac go ashore with?
(a) A wooden case.
(b) A broken compass.
(c) A ticking clock.
(d) A metal box.
9. Who does Princess Caroline disguise herself as to ride toward London?
(a) An assassin.
(c) A nobleman.
10. Who does Ravenscar announce as victorious to the mob?
(a) The Tories.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The alchemists.
(d) The Jacobites.
11. Where does Daniel meet Princess Caroline?
(a) Aboard the Atlanta.
(b) The Royal Society servants quarters.
(c) The gardens behind Sir Isaac's house.
(d) The gardens of Queen Sophie's castle.
12. For what reason do Daniel and Sir Isaac visit the shipyard in Chapter 8?
(a) To win a bet.
(b) To investigate a fire.
(c) To buy some fish.
(d) To hire a boat.
13. Where has the Italian Opera House recently been erected?
(a) Hay Square.
(b) Black Mary's Hole.
(c) Cold Harbor.
(d) Fleet Street.
14. Where does Peter go with the gold from the hull of the Minerva?
(a) Back to Russia.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) Clerkenwell Court.
(d) The Royal Society.
15. Who does the Queen name as her successor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads Eliza and Caroline to uncover a dead assassin?
2. What object does Daniel select to be auctioned off by Partry?
3. Why is Daniel suspicious of Roger and his clockwork volcano?
4. Where are Colonel Barnes, Daniel, Sir Isaac and Charles White headed in Chapter 21?
5. Who is disguised as a man with syphilis at Crane Court?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)