|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object is concealed and transported to the Tower of London?
(a) A cannon.
(b) A rocket.
(c) A rope ladder.
(d) A clock.
2. How does Caroline respond to the English naval brig?
(a) She sacrifices Johann.
(b) She salutes the Captain.
(c) She raises her flag.
(d) She issues an attack.
3. What does Caroline believe she has been foolish in doing?
(a) Traveling to Russia.
(b) Trusting Johann.
(c) Traveling to England.
(d) Trusting Daniel.
4. What happens when Eliza tries to evacuate the musicians from the Opera House?
(a) The musicians use their instruments to fight.
(b) The musicians throw her out.
(c) The musicians set their instruments on fire.
(d) The musicians flee in terror.
5. What does Daniel advise against Roger using?
6. Who is disguised as a man with syphilis at Crane Court?
(c) Sir Isaac.
(d) Mr. Bayne.
7. Who rescues Jack and Eliza?
(b) Bob Shaftoe.
(c) Sir Isaac.
(d) Lord Ravenscar.
8. What is NOT something Henry Arlanc confesses to stealing?
9. What is Bob Shaftoe doing when Daniel visits him?
(a) Extracting brain juice from dead bodies.
(b) Categorizing insects by color.
(c) Breaking into a vault.
(d) Counting out stacks of money.
10. What happens when Daniel returns to Bedlam?
(a) He discovers a chest containing Hooke's legacy.
(b) He discovers a chest containing John Doe's money.
(c) He discovers a chest containing Jack's confession.
(d) He discovers a chest containing Sir Isaac's memoirs.
11. Who holds Sir Isaac accountable for the events at the English Mint on April 23, 1714?
(b) The Royal Society.
(c) The House of Lords.
(d) The Tower of London.
12. Who does Ravenscar announce as victorious to the mob?
(a) The alchemists.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The Tories.
(d) The Jacobites.
13. What does Jack get out of the ordeal with the Tower?
(a) A diamond the size of his fist.
(b) Some small leather pouches.
(c) Elaborate new clothes.
(d) His weight in gold coins.
14. What is the subject of the main feud between Newton and Leibniz?
15. For what reason do Daniel and Sir Isaac visit the shipyard in Chapter 8?
(a) To hire a boat.
(b) To buy some fish.
(c) To win a bet.
(d) To investigate a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which English lord is under house arrest?
2. What object does Sir Isaac go ashore with?
3. Who is Daniel surprised to see on board a Russian naval vessel with Peter the Great?
4. Who does Princess Caroline disguise herself as to ride toward London?
5. How do Bolingbroke and Ravenscar find out that Caroline is in London?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)