|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Daniel believe was the intended victim of the incident in Chapter 4?
(b) Sir Isaac.
2. What happens to Daniel and Ravenscar in Chapter 1?
(a) They fight in a duel.
(b) They are sentenced to death.
(c) They are sent to prison.
(d) They are selected as regents.
3. Who is Otto Van Hoek?
(a) The Captain of the Minerva.
(b) The Captain of the Prudence.
(c) The Captain of the Sophia.
(d) The Captain of the Queen's Army.
4. What does De Gex threaten to do to Eliza?
(a) Throw her off a cliff.
(b) Boil her alive.
(c) Burn her at the stake.
(d) Tear her limb from limb.
5. What do Jack, Daniel, and Sir Isaac negotiate?
(a) Returning the Atlanta to White.
(b) Returning the contents of the Pyx.
(c) Returning Eliza to London.
(d) Getting Dappa out of prison.
6. What is Partry's confession?
(a) That he is Jack Shaftoe.
(b) That he is Lord Gy.
(c) That he is Jack Ketch.
(d) That he is Daniel's father.
7. Who does Solomon declare as the only two alchemists in the world?
(a) Enoch and Sir Isaac.
(b) Daniel and Sir Isaac.
(c) Sir Isaac and Leibniz.
(d) Enoch and Daniel.
8. Where are Colonel Barnes, Daniel, Sir Isaac and Charles White headed in Chapter 21?
(a) Tower Island.
(b) Wheat Island.
(c) The Isle of Grain.
(d) The Isle of Man.
9. What leads Eliza and Caroline to uncover a dead assassin?
(a) An exploding wagon.
(b) A blood-stained carpet.
(c) A poisoned dog.
(d) A threatening letter.
10. Who is Solomon?
(a) Peter the Great's monsieur.
(b) Daniel's monsieur.
(c) Peter the Great's brother.
(d) De Gex's monsieur.
11. Where does Peter go with the gold from the hull of the Minerva?
(a) Back to Russia.
(b) The Royal Society.
(c) Clerkenwell Court.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
12. Who does the Queen name as her successor?
13. What proof does Roger provide to Bolingbroke indicating that Jack has been captured?
(a) A pithina.
(b) A gold guinea.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A haubite.
14. What does Dappa discover at Worth's coffeehouse?
(a) Eliza owns him as property.
(b) The House of Lords has summoned him.
(c) A bounty has been placed on his head.
(d) His sister is in trouble.
15. What is the subject of the main feud between Newton and Leibniz?
Short Answer Questions
1. What characters are attacked by would-be assassins in Hanover?
2. What does McIan receive from Jack before he enters the English mint?
3. Who or what is Prudence?
4. Who does Princess Caroline disguise herself as to ride toward London?
5. Who is Daniel surprised to see on board a Russian naval vessel with Peter the Great?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)