|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object is concealed and transported to the Tower of London?
(a) A clock.
(b) A rocket.
(c) A rope ladder.
(d) A cannon.
2. What does Caroline believe she has been foolish in doing?
(a) Traveling to England.
(b) Trusting Daniel.
(c) Trusting Johann.
(d) Traveling to Russia.
3. What is Eliza skeptical about regarding the logic mill?
(a) How it will benefit others.
(b) Why it is so big.
(c) Who will operate it.
(d) When it will be finished.
4. What does McIan receive from Jack before he enters the English mint?
5. Where is the Sophia forced aground?
(a) The Isle of Grain.
(b) The mouth of the Thames River.
(c) The Isle of Man.
(d) The mouth of the Times River.
6. What character helps claim the Pyx from the vault?
(c) Sir Isaac.
7. Where does Daniel first meet Sir Isaac's niece, Catherine Barton?
(a) At Roger Comstock's house.
(b) At Westminster Abbey.
(c) At Sir Isaac's house.
(d) At the Royal Society.
8. Who is disguised as a man with syphilis at Crane Court?
(a) Mr. Bayne.
(d) Sir Isaac.
9. How does Caroline respond to the English naval brig?
(a) She raises her flag.
(b) She sacrifices Johann.
(c) She issues an attack.
(d) She salutes the Captain.
10. Who rescues Jack and Eliza?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(c) Bob Shaftoe.
(d) Lord Ravenscar.
11. What do Daniel and Colonel Barnes think affects Leibniz and Sir Isaac's relationship?
12. What does Jack get out of the ordeal with the Tower?
(a) Some small leather pouches.
(b) Elaborate new clothes.
(c) A diamond the size of his fist.
(d) His weight in gold coins.
13. Who tries to protect Dappa from capture?
14. Who does Daniel request to tell his son about the happenings in London?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(b) Enoch Root.
(c) Princess Caroline.
15. What serves as a decoy to distract the tower guards?
(a) A ghost.
(b) An animal.
(c) A fire.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT something Henry Arlanc confesses to stealing?
2. Why is Daniel suspicious of Roger and his clockwork volcano?
3. What does Eliza advise Dappa about?
4. Daniel introduces Caroline and Eliza as __________________.
5. For what reason do Daniel and Sir Isaac visit the shipyard in Chapter 8?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)