|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Partry's confession?
(a) That he is Jack Ketch.
(b) That he is Lord Gy.
(c) That he is Jack Shaftoe.
(d) That he is Daniel's father.
2. What do Daniel and Colonel Barnes think affects Leibniz and Sir Isaac's relationship?
3. Where is Eliza headed when her carriage overturns?
(a) Marlborough House.
(b) The Opera House.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) The Royal Society.
4. Who is killed when the ticking chest is opened?
(a) Colonel Barnes.
(b) Sir Isaac.
(c) No one.
5. What event does Daniel discuss with Sir Isaac after his summons to the House of Lords?
(a) The Queen's address.
(b) The Queen's birthday.
(c) The Queen's trial.
(d) The Queen's engagement.
6. What is NOT something Henry Arlanc confesses to stealing?
7. Who does Solomon declare as the only two alchemists in the world?
(a) Enoch and Sir Isaac.
(b) Daniel and Sir Isaac.
(c) Enoch and Daniel.
(d) Sir Isaac and Leibniz.
8. Where does Sir Isaac have Arlanc sent?
(a) Newgate Prison.
(b) Clerkenwell Court.
(c) The Royal Society.
(d) The Tower of London.
9. What is Bob Shaftoe doing when Daniel visits him?
(a) Categorizing insects by color.
(b) Breaking into a vault.
(c) Extracting brain juice from dead bodies.
(d) Counting out stacks of money.
10. What has Jack forgotten about, according to Partry?
(a) Daniel and Sir Isaac.
(b) Another escape route.
(c) The House of Lords.
(d) Another prisoner.
11. What is the profession of Sir Isaac's nemesis?
12. Where has the Italian Opera House recently been erected?
(a) Black Mary's Hole.
(b) Fleet Street.
(c) Hay Square.
(d) Cold Harbor.
13. What proof does Roger provide to Bolingbroke indicating that Jack has been captured?
(a) A haubite.
(b) A gold guinea.
(c) A pithina.
(d) A telescope.
14. What happens to Lt. Throwley, the Yeoman guard from the Tower of London?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He is murdered by Rufus MacIan.
(d) He murders Rufus MacIan.
15. What does Daniel advise against Roger using?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the main feud between Newton and Leibniz?
2. Where does Daniel meet Princess Caroline?
3. What does Eliza advise Dappa about?
4. Who does Eliza want put to death for betraying the country?
5. What is distinctive about the heavy box Sir Isaac and Daniel find below deck?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)