|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. White's ship is known as what?
(a) The Beagle.
(b) The Minerva.
(c) The Thames.
(d) The Atlanta.
2. What is the profession of Sir Isaac's nemesis?
3. Which group is the Queen showing favor toward in Chapter 13?
(a) The Clubb.
(b) The Jacobites.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Tories.
4. What is Caroline doing while she reminisces about her life?
(a) Riding a horse.
(b) Brushing her hair.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Picking flowers.
5. Who does Jack team up with to devalue the English currency?
(a) An English political leader.
(b) A one-armed Russian.
(c) A natural philosopher.
(d) A French Catholic minister.
6. What characters are attacked by would-be assassins in Hanover?
(a) Eliza and Dappa.
(b) Daniel and Sir Isaac.
(c) Caroline and Eliza.
(d) Jack and De Gex.
7. Who or what is Prudence?
(a) A Russian vessel.
(b) The Queen's maid.
(c) An English hooker.
(d) A French ship.
8. Who rescues Jack and Eliza?
(a) Lord Ravenscar.
(b) Bob Shaftoe.
(c) Sir Isaac.
9. What is the subject of the main feud between Newton and Leibniz?
10. What do Jack, Daniel, and Sir Isaac negotiate?
(a) Returning Eliza to London.
(b) Returning the contents of the Pyx.
(c) Getting Dappa out of prison.
(d) Returning the Atlanta to White.
11. Who is Otto Van Hoek?
(a) The Captain of the Sophia.
(b) The Captain of the Minerva.
(c) The Captain of the Prudence.
(d) The Captain of the Queen's Army.
12. What happens when Daniel returns to Bedlam?
(a) He discovers a chest containing John Doe's money.
(b) He discovers a chest containing Hooke's legacy.
(c) He discovers a chest containing Sir Isaac's memoirs.
(d) He discovers a chest containing Jack's confession.
13. What does McIan receive from Jack before he enters the English mint?
14. What does Colonel Barnes incorrectly assume of Sir Isaac?
(a) That he is a Jacobite.
(b) That he is a soldier.
(c) That he is a criminal.
(d) That he is an alchemist.
15. How does Caroline respond to the English naval brig?
(a) She sacrifices Johann.
(b) She raises her flag.
(c) She salutes the Captain.
(d) She issues an attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Daniel introduces Caroline and Eliza as __________________.
2. Where does Sir Isaac have Arlanc sent?
3. What does Caroline believe she has been foolish in doing?
4. What happens to Lt. Throwley, the Yeoman guard from the Tower of London?
5. Who accompanies Dappa to Worth's coffeehouse?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)