|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daniel meet Princess Caroline?
(a) Aboard the Atlanta.
(b) The gardens of Queen Sophie's castle.
(c) The Royal Society servants quarters.
(d) The gardens behind Sir Isaac's house.
2. How does Caroline's grandmother die?
(a) She dies in her sleep.
(b) She takes her own life.
(c) She suffers a stroke.
(d) She is poisoned.
3. Who becomes a member of the Clubb in Chapter 9?
(a) Princess Caroline.
(d) Sir Isaac.
4. What does Caroline believe she has been foolish in doing?
(a) Trusting Daniel.
(b) Traveling to England.
(c) Trusting Johann.
(d) Traveling to Russia.
5. Who tries to protect Dappa from capture?
6. Who does Princess Caroline disguise herself as to ride toward London?
(b) An assassin.
(d) A nobleman.
7. Traces of what unusual substance are found at the shipyard?
8. What is Bob Shaftoe doing when Daniel visits him?
(a) Extracting brain juice from dead bodies.
(b) Counting out stacks of money.
(c) Categorizing insects by color.
(d) Breaking into a vault.
9. Where does Sir Isaac have Arlanc sent?
(a) The Royal Society.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) Newgate Prison.
(d) Clerkenwell Court.
10. Which group is the Queen showing favor toward in Chapter 13?
(a) The Tories.
(b) The Clubb.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Jacobites.
11. Where are the sheets of gold located on the Minerva?
(a) Under the ballast.
(b) Under the beds.
(c) In Daniel's room.
(d) In Dappa's room.
12. Why is Daniel suspicious of Roger and his clockwork volcano?
(a) Roger keep it hidden.
(b) It uses Phosphorus.
(c) It is too loud.
(d) It doesn't work.
13. What does Daniel think Jack's motivation is?
14. What happens when Daniel returns to Bedlam?
(a) He discovers a chest containing Jack's confession.
(b) He discovers a chest containing Sir Isaac's memoirs.
(c) He discovers a chest containing John Doe's money.
(d) He discovers a chest containing Hooke's legacy.
15. What does Eliza advise Dappa about?
(a) His stories and publications.
(b) His money and gambling.
(c) His injuries and recovery.
(d) His anger and violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jack team up with to devalue the English currency?
2. Where does the Clubb meet?
3. Who does Daniel meet upon his arrival to London?
4. Where does Daniel say he will be staying when he reaches London?
5. What are the financial investors backing Thomas' newest invention known as?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)