|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Eliza and Caroline to uncover a dead assassin?
(a) A blood-stained carpet.
(b) An exploding wagon.
(c) A poisoned dog.
(d) A threatening letter.
2. Where are Colonel Barnes, Daniel, Sir Isaac and Charles White headed in Chapter 21?
(a) The Isle of Man.
(b) Tower Island.
(c) The Isle of Grain.
(d) Wheat Island.
3. What happens to Daniel and Ravenscar in Chapter 1?
(a) They are sent to prison.
(b) They fight in a duel.
(c) They are sentenced to death.
(d) They are selected as regents.
4. Where does the one-armed Russian launch his attack?
(a) The Black Dogg.
(c) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
(d) The Saracen's Head Inn.
5. What happens to Lt. Throwley, the Yeoman guard from the Tower of London?
(a) He is murdered by Rufus MacIan.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He murders Rufus MacIan.
(d) He is promoted.
6. Where does Caroline end up after she and Johann are attacked?
(a) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
(b) The Royal Society.
(c) The Thames River.
(d) Hooke's mansion.
7. What is Eliza skeptical about regarding the logic mill?
(a) Why it is so big.
(b) Who will operate it.
(c) When it will be finished.
(d) How it will benefit others.
8. How does Caroline's grandmother die?
(a) She suffers a stroke.
(b) She is poisoned.
(c) She takes her own life.
(d) She dies in her sleep.
9. Why has John Doe been captured?
(a) For destroying the walls of Westminster Abbey.
(b) For destroying the walls of Sir Isaac's house.
(c) For destroying the walls of Hooke's mansion.
(d) For destroying the walls of the Royal Society.
10. Who does Daniel believe was the intended victim of the incident in Chapter 4?
(c) Sir Isaac.
11. Why is Daniel suspicious of Roger and his clockwork volcano?
(a) It doesn't work.
(b) Roger keep it hidden.
(c) It is too loud.
(d) It uses Phosphorus.
12. What is Bob Shaftoe doing when Daniel visits him?
(a) Extracting brain juice from dead bodies.
(b) Breaking into a vault.
(c) Categorizing insects by color.
(d) Counting out stacks of money.
13. What character helps claim the Pyx from the vault?
(d) Sir Isaac.
14. Where does Daniel meet Princess Caroline?
(a) The Royal Society servants quarters.
(b) The gardens of Queen Sophie's castle.
(c) Aboard the Atlanta.
(d) The gardens behind Sir Isaac's house.
15. Who does Ravenscar announce as victorious to the mob?
(a) The Jacobites.
(b) The Tories.
(c) The Whigs.
(d) The alchemists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Daniel select to be auctioned off by Partry?
2. Where has the Italian Opera House recently been erected?
3. Who is Solomon?
4. What does Eliza advise Dappa about?
5. Which English lord is under house arrest?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)