|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Solomon declare as the only two alchemists in the world?
(a) Daniel and Sir Isaac.
(b) Sir Isaac and Leibniz.
(c) Enoch and Sir Isaac.
(d) Enoch and Daniel.
2. Where does Daniel witness Mr. White being beaten?
(a) A bearbaiting ring.
(b) The stables.
(c) The town square.
(d) At Sir Isaac's house.
3. What is the subject of the main feud between Newton and Leibniz?
4. Where does Caroline end up after she and Johann are attacked?
(a) The Thames River.
(b) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
(c) Hooke's mansion.
(d) The Royal Society.
5. Who does Ravenscar announce as victorious to the mob?
(a) The alchemists.
(b) The Jacobites.
(c) The Whigs.
(d) The Tories.
6. Where is Eliza headed when her carriage overturns?
(a) The Opera House.
(b) Marlborough House.
(c) The Royal Society.
(d) The Tower of London.
7. Who holds Sir Isaac accountable for the events at the English Mint on April 23, 1714?
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) The House of Lords.
(d) The Royal Society.
8. What happens when Daniel returns to Bedlam?
(a) He discovers a chest containing Hooke's legacy.
(b) He discovers a chest containing Sir Isaac's memoirs.
(c) He discovers a chest containing John Doe's money.
(d) He discovers a chest containing Jack's confession.
9. For what reason do Daniel and Sir Isaac visit the shipyard in Chapter 8?
(a) To buy some fish.
(b) To investigate a fire.
(c) To win a bet.
(d) To hire a boat.
10. What is NOT something Henry Arlanc confesses to stealing?
11. Who or what is Prudence?
(a) The Queen's maid.
(b) A Russian vessel.
(c) An English hooker.
(d) A French ship.
12. Who does Princess Caroline disguise herself as to ride toward London?
(a) An assassin.
(d) A nobleman.
13. Where is the Sophia forced aground?
(a) The Isle of Man.
(b) The mouth of the Thames River.
(c) The mouth of the Times River.
(d) The Isle of Grain.
14. What does De Gex threaten to do to Eliza?
(a) Boil her alive.
(b) Throw her off a cliff.
(c) Burn her at the stake.
(d) Tear her limb from limb.
15. Where do Bolingbroke and Ravenscar end up at the party?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the observatory.
(d) In the stables.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads Eliza and Caroline to uncover a dead assassin?
2. What does Dappa choose to do?
3. What object is concealed and transported to the Tower of London?
4. Which group is the Queen showing favor toward in Chapter 13?
5. Who does Roger Comstock want to expose to unify the nation?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)