|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Daniel select to be auctioned off by Partry?
(a) Hooke's private diary.
(b) Hooke's weights and measures.
(c) Hooke's mortar and pestle.
(d) Hooke's eyeglass set.
2. What is the profession of Sir Isaac's nemesis?
3. What does Daniel think Jack's motivation is?
4. Where does the one-armed Russian launch his attack?
(a) The Black Dogg.
(b) The Saracen's Head Inn.
(c) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
5. Who does Princess Caroline disguise herself as to ride toward London?
(b) An assassin.
(d) A nobleman.
6. Who is Solomon?
(a) De Gex's monsieur.
(b) Peter the Great's brother.
(c) Daniel's monsieur.
(d) Peter the Great's monsieur.
7. What is NOT something Henry Arlanc confesses to stealing?
8. What has Jack forgotten about, according to Partry?
(a) Another escape route.
(b) Another prisoner.
(c) Daniel and Sir Isaac.
(d) The House of Lords.
9. Which group is the Queen showing favor toward in Chapter 13?
(a) The Tories.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Clubb.
(d) The Jacobites.
10. Mr. White's ship is known as what?
(a) The Beagle.
(b) The Thames.
(c) The Minerva.
(d) The Atlanta.
11. Who or what is Prudence?
(a) A French ship.
(b) A Russian vessel.
(c) An English hooker.
(d) The Queen's maid.
12. What is Mr. Bayne's country of origin?
13. What does McIan receive from Jack before he enters the English mint?
14. What does Colonel Barnes incorrectly assume of Sir Isaac?
(a) That he is a criminal.
(b) That he is a Jacobite.
(c) That he is a soldier.
(d) That he is an alchemist.
15. What are the financial investors backing Thomas' newest invention known as?
(a) The inventors of the Engine for Raising Fire by Water.
(b) The curators of the Engine for Raising Water by Fire.
(c) The proprietors of the Engine for Raising Water by Fire.
(d) The financiers of the Engine for Raising Fire by Water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eliza skeptical about regarding the logic mill?
2. Where does Daniel first meet Sir Isaac's niece, Catherine Barton?
3. What leads Eliza and Caroline to uncover a dead assassin?
4. How does Caroline respond to the English naval brig?
5. Who is disguised as a man with syphilis at Crane Court?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)