|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McIan receive from Jack before he enters the English mint?
2. What is Mr. Bayne's country of origin?
3. What is Eliza skeptical about regarding the logic mill?
(a) When it will be finished.
(b) How it will benefit others.
(c) Why it is so big.
(d) Who will operate it.
4. What motivates George Louis' arrival?
(a) The death of Peter the Great.
(b) Jack Shaftoe's capture.
(c) Peter the Great's arrival.
(d) The death of Queen Anne.
5. What object does Daniel select to be auctioned off by Partry?
(a) Hooke's eyeglass set.
(b) Hooke's private diary.
(c) Hooke's mortar and pestle.
(d) Hooke's weights and measures.
6. What happens when Daniel returns to Bedlam?
(a) He discovers a chest containing Sir Isaac's memoirs.
(b) He discovers a chest containing Jack's confession.
(c) He discovers a chest containing Hooke's legacy.
(d) He discovers a chest containing John Doe's money.
7. Who holds Sir Isaac accountable for the events at the English Mint on April 23, 1714?
(a) The House of Lords.
(b) The Royal Society.
(d) The Tower of London.
8. What are the financial investors backing Thomas' newest invention known as?
(a) The curators of the Engine for Raising Water by Fire.
(b) The financiers of the Engine for Raising Fire by Water.
(c) The proprietors of the Engine for Raising Water by Fire.
(d) The inventors of the Engine for Raising Fire by Water.
9. Who does Ravenscar announce as victorious to the mob?
(a) The Jacobites.
(b) The Tories.
(c) The Whigs.
(d) The alchemists.
10. Who does Jack team up with to devalue the English currency?
(a) A French Catholic minister.
(b) An English political leader.
(c) A natural philosopher.
(d) A one-armed Russian.
11. What does Eliza advise Dappa about?
(a) His anger and violence.
(b) His money and gambling.
(c) His injuries and recovery.
(d) His stories and publications.
12. What does Jack get out of the ordeal with the Tower?
(a) His weight in gold coins.
(b) Some small leather pouches.
(c) A diamond the size of his fist.
(d) Elaborate new clothes.
13. How does Caroline's grandmother die?
(a) She dies in her sleep.
(b) She takes her own life.
(c) She suffers a stroke.
(d) She is poisoned.
14. Which English lord is under house arrest?
(a) Lord Gy.
(b) Lord Hollesloy.
(c) Sir Isaac.
(d) Lord Bolingbroke.
15. Who is Daniel surprised to see on board a Russian naval vessel with Peter the Great?
(c) Sir Isaac.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caroline end up after she and Johann are attacked?
2. Who does Daniel meet upon his arrival to London?
3. Who does the Queen name as her successor?
4. Where does Daniel witness Mr. White being beaten?
5. Which group is the Queen showing favor toward in Chapter 13?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)