|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Otto Van Hoek?
(a) The Captain of the Queen's Army.
(b) The Captain of the Sophia.
(c) The Captain of the Prudence.
(d) The Captain of the Minerva.
2. Who does Eliza want put to death for betraying the country?
(a) Mr. Braithwaite.
(b) Mrs. Braithwaite.
3. What does McIan receive from Jack before he enters the English mint?
4. Who is the commanding officer of the English regiment?
(a) Lt. Throwley.
(b) Colonel Barnes.
(c) Lord Gy.
(d) Sir Isaac.
5. What does De Gex threaten to do to Eliza?
(a) Tear her limb from limb.
(b) Burn her at the stake.
(c) Boil her alive.
(d) Throw her off a cliff.
6. What does Daniel think Jack's motivation is?
7. Where do Bolingbroke and Ravenscar end up at the party?
(a) In the stables.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the observatory.
8. What is Bob Shaftoe doing when Daniel visits him?
(a) Categorizing insects by color.
(b) Breaking into a vault.
(c) Counting out stacks of money.
(d) Extracting brain juice from dead bodies.
9. What happens when Eliza tries to evacuate the musicians from the Opera House?
(a) The musicians flee in terror.
(b) The musicians set their instruments on fire.
(c) The musicians throw her out.
(d) The musicians use their instruments to fight.
10. Who becomes a member of the Clubb in Chapter 9?
(c) Princess Caroline.
(d) Sir Isaac.
11. What industries' futures are unsure due to flooded mines in England?
(a) Lead and carbon.
(b) Steel and oil.
(c) Tin and copper.
(d) Phosphorus and gold.
12. Why has John Doe been captured?
(a) For destroying the walls of Sir Isaac's house.
(b) For destroying the walls of the Royal Society.
(c) For destroying the walls of Hooke's mansion.
(d) For destroying the walls of Westminster Abbey.
13. What proof does Roger provide to Bolingbroke indicating that Jack has been captured?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A pithina.
(c) A haubite.
(d) A gold guinea.
14. What is the subject of the main feud between Newton and Leibniz?
15. Who does Daniel request to tell his son about the happenings in London?
(a) Princess Caroline.
(c) Sir Isaac.
(d) Enoch Root.
Short Answer Questions
1. Traces of what unusual substance are found at the shipyard?
2. What does Dappa discover at Worth's coffeehouse?
3. Who is killed when the ticking chest is opened?
4. What characters are attacked by would-be assassins in Hanover?
5. Who does Roger Comstock want to expose to unify the nation?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)