|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT something Henry Arlanc confesses to stealing?
2. Why is Daniel suspicious of Roger and his clockwork volcano?
(a) It doesn't work.
(b) Roger keep it hidden.
(c) It uses Phosphorus.
(d) It is too loud.
3. Who is disguised as a man with syphilis at Crane Court?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(d) Mr. Bayne.
4. What proof does Roger provide to Bolingbroke indicating that Jack has been captured?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A gold guinea.
(c) A haubite.
(d) A pithina.
5. Who or what is Prudence?
(a) The Queen's maid.
(b) An English hooker.
(c) A Russian vessel.
(d) A French ship.
6. Who does Daniel believe was the intended victim of the incident in Chapter 4?
(b) Sir Isaac.
7. What does De Gex threaten to do to Eliza?
(a) Burn her at the stake.
(b) Boil her alive.
(c) Throw her off a cliff.
(d) Tear her limb from limb.
8. What do Daniel and Colonel Barnes think affects Leibniz and Sir Isaac's relationship?
9. What happens when Eliza tries to evacuate the musicians from the Opera House?
(a) The musicians use their instruments to fight.
(b) The musicians flee in terror.
(c) The musicians set their instruments on fire.
(d) The musicians throw her out.
10. What is Partry's confession?
(a) That he is Jack Shaftoe.
(b) That he is Lord Gy.
(c) That he is Jack Ketch.
(d) That he is Daniel's father.
11. What does Eliza advise Dappa about?
(a) His money and gambling.
(b) His anger and violence.
(c) His stories and publications.
(d) His injuries and recovery.
12. For what reason do Daniel and Sir Isaac visit the shipyard in Chapter 8?
(a) To investigate a fire.
(b) To hire a boat.
(c) To win a bet.
(d) To buy some fish.
13. What industries' futures are unsure due to flooded mines in England?
(a) Tin and copper.
(b) Steel and oil.
(c) Lead and carbon.
(d) Phosphorus and gold.
14. Who does Daniel request to tell his son about the happenings in London?
(a) Princess Caroline.
(b) Sir Isaac.
(c) Enoch Root.
15. What is Mr. Bayne's country of origin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel think Jack's motivation is?
2. Which group is the Queen showing favor toward in Chapter 13?
3. What does Jack get out of the ordeal with the Tower?
4. What character helps claim the Pyx from the vault?
5. What object does Daniel select to be auctioned off by Partry?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)