|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel think Jack's motivation is?
2. Who does Daniel request to tell his son about the happenings in London?
(a) Princess Caroline.
(b) Sir Isaac.
(d) Enoch Root.
3. What event does Daniel discuss with Sir Isaac after his summons to the House of Lords?
(a) The Queen's engagement.
(b) The Queen's trial.
(c) The Queen's address.
(d) The Queen's birthday.
4. Who is Solomon?
(a) Daniel's monsieur.
(b) De Gex's monsieur.
(c) Peter the Great's brother.
(d) Peter the Great's monsieur.
5. What is Bob Shaftoe doing when Daniel visits him?
(a) Breaking into a vault.
(b) Counting out stacks of money.
(c) Extracting brain juice from dead bodies.
(d) Categorizing insects by color.
6. Mr. White's ship is known as what?
(a) The Minerva.
(b) The Atlanta.
(c) The Thames.
(d) The Beagle.
7. Where does Sir Isaac have Arlanc sent?
(a) Newgate Prison.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) The Royal Society.
(d) Clerkenwell Court.
8. Who does Daniel believe was the intended victim of the incident in Chapter 4?
(d) Sir Isaac.
9. What does Dappa choose to do?
(a) Write to Mr. White.
(b) Kill his captors.
(c) Write as a captive.
(d) Flee to the country.
10. Where is the Sophia forced aground?
(a) The mouth of the Thames River.
(b) The Isle of Man.
(c) The Isle of Grain.
(d) The mouth of the Times River.
11. What characters are attacked by would-be assassins in Hanover?
(a) Caroline and Eliza.
(b) Eliza and Dappa.
(c) Jack and De Gex.
(d) Daniel and Sir Isaac.
12. What happens to Threader's luggage wagon when he and Daniel arrive at the Royal Society?
(a) It gets stuck in the mud.
(b) It rolls down the hill.
(c) It explodes.
(d) It is stolen.
13. What leads Eliza and Caroline to uncover a dead assassin?
(a) A poisoned dog.
(b) A threatening letter.
(c) An exploding wagon.
(d) A blood-stained carpet.
14. What character helps claim the Pyx from the vault?
(d) Sir Isaac.
15. Where are the sheets of gold located on the Minerva?
(a) Under the beds.
(b) In Daniel's room.
(c) In Dappa's room.
(d) Under the ballast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is disguised as a man with syphilis at Crane Court?
2. Who holds Sir Isaac accountable for the events at the English Mint on April 23, 1714?
3. What do Jack, Daniel, and Sir Isaac negotiate?
4. What does Colonel Barnes incorrectly assume of Sir Isaac?
5. How does Caroline respond to the English naval brig?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)