|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Bolingbroke and Ravenscar find out that Caroline is in London?
(a) She crashes the party.
(b) Daniel tells them.
(c) They get a letter from her.
(d) They see her from a telescope.
2. Who does the Queen's Army arrest and escort to the tower?
(a) Mr. Bayne.
(c) Sir Isaac.
3. What event does Daniel discuss with Sir Isaac after his summons to the House of Lords?
(a) The Queen's birthday.
(b) The Queen's trial.
(c) The Queen's engagement.
(d) The Queen's address.
4. What does Daniel think Jack's motivation is?
5. For what reason do Daniel and Sir Isaac visit the shipyard in Chapter 8?
(a) To investigate a fire.
(b) To win a bet.
(c) To buy some fish.
(d) To hire a boat.
6. What is the subject of the main feud between Newton and Leibniz?
7. Where does Caroline end up after she and Johann are attacked?
(a) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
(b) Hooke's mansion.
(c) The Thames River.
(d) The Royal Society.
8. Who is Solomon?
(a) Peter the Great's brother.
(b) Daniel's monsieur.
(c) De Gex's monsieur.
(d) Peter the Great's monsieur.
9. Where does the one-armed Russian launch his attack?
(a) The Black Dogg.
(b) The Saracen's Head Inn.
(c) The Kit-Cat Clubb.
10. How does Caroline respond to the English naval brig?
(a) She salutes the Captain.
(b) She issues an attack.
(c) She sacrifices Johann.
(d) She raises her flag.
11. Who is killed when the ticking chest is opened?
(a) No one.
(b) Sir Isaac.
(c) Colonel Barnes.
12. What is Eliza skeptical about regarding the logic mill?
(a) How it will benefit others.
(b) When it will be finished.
(c) Why it is so big.
(d) Who will operate it.
13. What leads Eliza and Caroline to uncover a dead assassin?
(a) An exploding wagon.
(b) A poisoned dog.
(c) A threatening letter.
(d) A blood-stained carpet.
14. Mr. White's ship is known as what?
(a) The Atlanta.
(b) The Thames.
(c) The Minerva.
(d) The Beagle.
15. Traces of what unusual substance are found at the shipyard?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roger Comstock want to expose to unify the nation?
2. Who does Ravenscar announce as victorious to the mob?
3. What does De Gex threaten to do to Eliza?
4. Where does Sir Isaac have Arlanc sent?
5. What object is concealed and transported to the Tower of London?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)