|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dappa discover at Worth's coffeehouse?
(a) Eliza owns him as property.
(b) The House of Lords has summoned him.
(c) A bounty has been placed on his head.
(d) His sister is in trouble.
2. What industries' futures are unsure due to flooded mines in England?
(a) Phosphorus and gold.
(b) Tin and copper.
(c) Lead and carbon.
(d) Steel and oil.
3. Who does Eliza want put to death for betraying the country?
(b) Mrs. Braithwaite.
(d) Mr. Braithwaite.
4. How do Bolingbroke and Ravenscar find out that Caroline is in London?
(a) She crashes the party.
(b) Daniel tells them.
(c) They get a letter from her.
(d) They see her from a telescope.
5. What does Jack get out of the ordeal with the Tower?
(a) A diamond the size of his fist.
(b) Some small leather pouches.
(c) His weight in gold coins.
(d) Elaborate new clothes.
6. How does Caroline respond to the English naval brig?
(a) She sacrifices Johann.
(b) She salutes the Captain.
(c) She raises her flag.
(d) She issues an attack.
7. Who does the Queen name as her successor?
8. What is the subject of the main feud between Newton and Leibniz?
9. Who does Ravenscar announce as victorious to the mob?
(a) The Tories.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The alchemists.
(d) The Jacobites.
10. Who is the commanding officer of the English regiment?
(a) Colonel Barnes.
(b) Lt. Throwley.
(c) Sir Isaac.
(d) Lord Gy.
11. Who is disguised as a man with syphilis at Crane Court?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(c) Mr. Bayne.
12. What do Daniel and Colonel Barnes think affects Leibniz and Sir Isaac's relationship?
13. What is distinctive about the heavy box Sir Isaac and Daniel find below deck?
(a) It ticks.
(b) It smells.
(c) It hums.
(d) It disappears.
14. Who holds Sir Isaac accountable for the events at the English Mint on April 23, 1714?
(a) The Royal Society.
(b) The Tower of London.
(d) The House of Lords.
15. Where does Sir Isaac have Arlanc sent?
(a) Newgate Prison.
(b) Clerkenwell Court.
(c) The Royal Society.
(d) The Tower of London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eliza tries to evacuate the musicians from the Opera House?
2. What event does Daniel discuss with Sir Isaac after his summons to the House of Lords?
3. What are the financial investors backing Thomas' newest invention known as?
4. What is the profession of Sir Isaac's nemesis?
5. Where is Sir Isaac Newton's house located?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)