|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is Prudence?
(a) The Queen's maid.
(b) An English hooker.
(c) A French ship.
(d) A Russian vessel.
2. What does Colonel Barnes incorrectly assume of Sir Isaac?
(a) That he is a soldier.
(b) That he is a Jacobite.
(c) That he is a criminal.
(d) That he is an alchemist.
3. What does De Gex threaten to do to Eliza?
(a) Throw her off a cliff.
(b) Boil her alive.
(c) Tear her limb from limb.
(d) Burn her at the stake.
4. Where has the Italian Opera House recently been erected?
(a) Black Mary's Hole.
(b) Cold Harbor.
(c) Hay Square.
(d) Fleet Street.
5. How do Bolingbroke and Ravenscar find out that Caroline is in London?
(a) They see her from a telescope.
(b) They get a letter from her.
(c) She crashes the party.
(d) Daniel tells them.
6. Who becomes a member of the Clubb in Chapter 9?
(b) Sir Isaac.
(d) Princess Caroline.
7. Why has John Doe been captured?
(a) For destroying the walls of the Royal Society.
(b) For destroying the walls of Westminster Abbey.
(c) For destroying the walls of Hooke's mansion.
(d) For destroying the walls of Sir Isaac's house.
8. Mr. White's ship is known as what?
(a) The Thames.
(b) The Atlanta.
(c) The Minerva.
(d) The Beagle.
9. What does McIan receive from Jack before he enters the English mint?
10. Where is Eliza headed when her carriage overturns?
(a) The Royal Society.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) Marlborough House.
(d) The Opera House.
11. What is the subject of the main feud between Newton and Leibniz?
12. What industries' futures are unsure due to flooded mines in England?
(a) Lead and carbon.
(b) Tin and copper.
(c) Steel and oil.
(d) Phosphorus and gold.
13. What happens when Daniel returns to Bedlam?
(a) He discovers a chest containing Sir Isaac's memoirs.
(b) He discovers a chest containing John Doe's money.
(c) He discovers a chest containing Jack's confession.
(d) He discovers a chest containing Hooke's legacy.
14. Who rescues Jack and Eliza?
(a) Sir Isaac.
(b) Lord Ravenscar.
(d) Bob Shaftoe.
15. Who accompanies Dappa to Worth's coffeehouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Daniel discuss with Sir Isaac after his summons to the House of Lords?
2. Who does Jack team up with to devalue the English currency?
3. Where does Daniel meet Princess Caroline?
4. Who holds Sir Isaac accountable for the events at the English Mint on April 23, 1714?
5. What is the profession of Sir Isaac's nemesis?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)