|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ravenscar announce as victorious to the mob?
(a) The Tories.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The alchemists.
(d) The Jacobites.
2. What motivates George Louis' arrival?
(a) Jack Shaftoe's capture.
(b) The death of Peter the Great.
(c) The death of Queen Anne.
(d) Peter the Great's arrival.
3. Where does the Clubb meet?
(a) The Fleet Street mansion.
(b) The Royal Society servant quarters.
(c) The vault in Westminster Abbey.
(d) The subterranean vault in Clerkenwell.
4. What does Daniel advise against Roger using?
5. Who tries to protect Dappa from capture?
6. Where is Eliza headed when her carriage overturns?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) The Opera House.
(c) Marlborough House.
(d) The Royal Society.
7. What object does Sir Isaac go ashore with?
(a) A broken compass.
(b) A metal box.
(c) A ticking clock.
(d) A wooden case.
8. What proof does Roger provide to Bolingbroke indicating that Jack has been captured?
(a) A pithina.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A gold guinea.
(d) A haubite.
9. Where does Daniel witness Mr. White being beaten?
(a) The town square.
(b) A bearbaiting ring.
(c) The stables.
(d) At Sir Isaac's house.
10. What event does Daniel discuss with Sir Isaac after his summons to the House of Lords?
(a) The Queen's birthday.
(b) The Queen's trial.
(c) The Queen's address.
(d) The Queen's engagement.
11. Why has John Doe been captured?
(a) For destroying the walls of Hooke's mansion.
(b) For destroying the walls of Sir Isaac's house.
(c) For destroying the walls of the Royal Society.
(d) For destroying the walls of Westminster Abbey.
12. What character helps claim the Pyx from the vault?
(c) Sir Isaac.
13. What is distinctive about the heavy box Sir Isaac and Daniel find below deck?
(a) It ticks.
(b) It smells.
(c) It hums.
(d) It disappears.
14. What does McIan receive from Jack before he enters the English mint?
15. How does Caroline respond to the English naval brig?
(a) She salutes the Captain.
(b) She issues an attack.
(c) She sacrifices Johann.
(d) She raises her flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characters are attacked by would-be assassins in Hanover?
2. Who does Princess Caroline disguise herself as to ride toward London?
3. For what reason do Daniel and Sir Isaac visit the shipyard in Chapter 8?
4. Where are the sheets of gold located on the Minerva?
5. How does Caroline's grandmother die?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)