|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Chapter 26 | Book 8: Chapter 27 | Book 8: Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do White and Dappa meet to duel?
(a) On the cliffs by the river.
(b) Under the gallows on a hill.
(c) On a ship out at sea.
(d) In the courtyard of the prison.
2. Who is killed when the ticking chest is opened?
(a) Colonel Barnes.
(b) Sir Isaac.
(d) No one.
3. Who holds Sir Isaac accountable for the events at the English Mint on April 23, 1714?
(b) The Royal Society.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) The House of Lords.
4. Who does Solomon declare as the only two alchemists in the world?
(a) Daniel and Sir Isaac.
(b) Enoch and Sir Isaac.
(c) Sir Isaac and Leibniz.
(d) Enoch and Daniel.
5. Who does Jack team up with to devalue the English currency?
(a) A one-armed Russian.
(b) A natural philosopher.
(c) An English political leader.
(d) A French Catholic minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack get out of the ordeal with the Tower?
2. For what reason do Daniel and Sir Isaac visit the shipyard in Chapter 8?
3. Who is disguised as a man with syphilis at Crane Court?
4. Why is Daniel suspicious of Roger and his clockwork volcano?
5. Who is Otto Van Hoek?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)