|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as "the cue for the evacuation's final phase" in Chapter 5?
(a) "The American National Anthem."
(c) "White Christmas."
(d) "Hey Joe."
2. How many fingers does the narrator describe the General having lost in Chapter 1?
3. What kind of camera does the narrator describe carrying in the hidden compartment of his rucksack?
(a) A Minox camera.
(b) A Canon camera.
(c) An Aigo camera.
(d) A Polaroid camera.
4. Where does the narrator say Ms. Mori lives in Chapter 5?
(a) The Crenshaw neighborhood.
(b) The Upper East Side.
(c) Skid Row.
(d) The Hackensack neighborhood.
5. Of what ethnicity is James Yoon described in Chapter 10?
(a) Japanese American.
(b) African American.
(c) Korean American.
(d) Vietnamese American.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bon's wife?
2. What does the narrator brush over the letters from his aunt in order to see the hidden messages in Chapter 4?
3. What is Ms. Mori's first name?
4. Who gave the narrator his rucksack that he packs and leaves with in Chapter 1?
5. What film of the Auteur's is described in Chapter 8 as "A critically lauded movie about the travails of Greek American youth in the inflamed streets of Detroit"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's relationship to the General?
2. Who is Professor Hammer and what is his relationship to the narrator?
3. How is the theme of religion explored in Chapter 5?
4. What are the narrator's criticisms of the script for The Hamlet?
5. How does the narrator become involved in the production of the film The Hamlet?
6. How does the narrator describe the task of a spy in Chapter 11?
7. Who is Bon and what is his relationship to the narrator?
8. Who is Madame? How would you describe this character?
9. What are the narrator's main duties on the set of The Hamlet?
10. How would you describe the narrator's relationship with the Auteur?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)