|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Congressman's wife?
2. Where does the narrator wake up in the hospital after the accident on the movie set?
(a) New York.
3. What film of the Auteur's is described in Chapter 8 as being "about the failure of the American Dream"?
(a) The Thin Red Line.
(b) Hard Knock.
(c) Venice Beach.
(d) Apocalpyse Now.
4. What do the extras bring to the narrator at the hospital in Chapter 11?
(a) Water and oranges.
(b) His rucksack and his clothing.
(c) A refined script sent by the director.
(d) A fruit basket and bottle of Johnnie Walker.
5. What author is cited in the narrative as saying "East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet"?
(a) Friedrich Nietzsche.
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Alexandre Dumas.
(d) Rudyard Kipling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as "the cue for the evacuation's final phase" in Chapter 5?
2. Where does the narrator describe attending a wedding in Chapter 7?
3. What fictional spy character does the narrator describe sleeping peacefully on a bed of nails in Chapter 5?
4. Who is the woman that Claude was forced to leave behind when he fled Saigon?
5. What kind of camera does the narrator describe carrying in the hidden compartment of his rucksack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the main characters in the film The Hamlet?
2. How is the theme of duality explored in Chapter 4?
3. How is the theme of religion explored in Chapter 5?
4. Who is the Congressman and how is his character first introduced?
5. How would you describe the narrator's relationship with the Auteur?
6. What is the narrator's relationship to the General?
7. How is the Auteur's welcome party described in Chapter 10?
8. How is the theme of duality introduced in Chapter 1?
9. How would you describe the narrative style of The Sympathizer?
10. Who is Madame? How would you describe this character?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)