|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave the narrator his rucksack that he packs and leaves with in Chapter 1?
(b) The General.
2. On what date did the Fall of Saigon occur?
(a) June 20, 1972.
(b) April 30, 1975.
(c) April 3, 1976.
(d) March 1, 1974.
3. What Beatles' song does the narrator describe singing in the bar with Man and Bon in Chapter 1?
(a) "Black Bird."
(d) "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."
4. The author writes in Chapter 5, "Under Asian communism, everything but" what "is free"?
5. Where does the narrator land after returning from the movie set in Chapter 12?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Diego.
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of traditional dress does the narrator describe Lana having worn as a girl in Chapter 7?
2. What kind of camera does the narrator describe carrying in the hidden compartment of his rucksack?
3. The narrator writes to the Commandant in Chapter 7, "We're revolutionaries, and revolutionaries can never be" what?
4. What does the narrator say his father called him in Chapter 2?
5. Whom does the narrator say actually came up with the question attributed to Lenin in Chapter 1: "What is to be done?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's relationship to the General?
2. Who are the main characters in the film The Hamlet?
3. What happens to Bon's family as they flee Vietnam in Chapter 3?
4. How does the narrator become involved in the production of the film The Hamlet?
5. What are the narrator's criticisms of the script for The Hamlet?
6. How is the theme of sympathy explored in Chapter 12?
7. What information does the narrator learn from Man in Chapter 4? How does he receive this information?
8. How would you describe the narrator's relationship with the Auteur?
9. Whom does the narrator become entranced by at the wedding in Chapter 7? Why?
10. Who is Professor Hammer and what is his relationship to the narrator?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)