|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes in Chapter 5, "Under Asian communism, everything but" what "is free"?
2. What job has Bon taken in Chapter 5?
(a) A butcher position.
(b) A store clerk position.
(c) A banking position.
(d) A hotel clerk position.
3. What was the narrator's father's profession?
(a) He was a priest.
(b) He was a banker.
(c) He was a clothing store owner.
(d) He was a baker.
4. What does the Congressman say that the movie is about that he is advising on in Chapter 7?
(a) The Nixon Doctrine.
(b) The Ho Chi Minh Campaign.
(c) The Phoenix Program.
(d) The Tet Offensive.
5. How old was the communist agent with the papers in her mouth when she was arrested?
6. What was Lana's major in college?
(b) American History.
(c) Art history.
7. Where is the General's store located, according to the narrator in Chapter 5?
(a) On North Broadway.
(b) On Houston Street.
(c) On Hollywood Boulevard.
(d) On Atlantic Avenue.
8. What does the narrator say his mother called him in Chapter 2?
(a) "Her love child."
(b) "A child prodigy."
(c) "A bastard."
(d) "Her tree of life."
9. What kind of store does the narrator describe the General opening in Chapter 5?
(a) A bakery shop.
(b) A clothing store.
(c) A liquor store.
(d) A shoe store.
10. What is the dish soap that James Yoon is known for promoting in television commercials?
11. Who is the young student that the narrator describes discussing Mao with him and Man in Chapter 11?
12. Who is the dictator of the Philippines when the narrator leaves in Chapter 1?
(a) Emilio Aguinaldo.
(b) Ferdinand Marcos.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Chairman Mao.
13. What is the name of Bon's wife?
14. What is the name of the movie director's assistant?
15. What author does the narrator say that Man had introduced him and Bon to in Chapter 1?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(b) Richard Hedd.
(c) Nikolay Chernyshevsky.
(d) Alexandre Dumas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business has the General decided to open to raise money for the movement in Chapter 12?
2. What is Ms. Mori's first name?
3. What food does Madame offer to the narrator when he visits in Chapter 8?
4. What infamous Nazi does the author describe in Chapter 8?
5. The narrator describes working his first assignment under whose supervision at the National Interrogation Center in Saigon?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)