|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food item does the narrator describe missing terribly in his letter to his aunt in Chapter 4?
(c) Soy sauce.
(d) Fish sauce.
2. What film of the Auteur's is described in Chapter 8 as "A critically lauded movie about the travails of Greek American youth in the inflamed streets of Detroit"?
(a) The Thin Red Line.
(b) Hard Knock.
(c) Venice Beach.
(d) Watership Down.
3. How tall is Claude described as in Chapter 1?
4. Of what ethnicity is James Yoon described in Chapter 10?
(a) African American.
(b) Japanese American.
(c) Korean American.
(d) Vietnamese American.
5. Who is described as the A-Team's only black soldier in the Auteur's film?
(a) Sergeant Jay Walters.
(b) Sergeant Pete Attucks.
(c) Captain Will Shamus.
(d) Captain Anderson Rockwell.
6. What does the word "epicurean" mean in Chapter 1?
(a) A type of lobster.
(b) A lover of sensual pleasures.
(c) A writer of poetry.
(d) A flower from northeast Asia.
7. Where does the narrator wake up in the hospital after the accident on the movie set?
(c) New York.
8. What does the Congressman say that the movie is about that he is advising on in Chapter 7?
(a) The Nixon Doctrine.
(b) The Phoenix Program.
(c) The Tet Offensive.
(d) The Ho Chi Minh Campaign.
9. For how many years does the narrator say he lived in the villa with the General when the Fall of Saigon occurred in Chapter 1?
10. Who wrote the following quote that opens the novel: "Let us not become gloomy as soon as we hear the word 'torture'"?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Friedrich Nietzsche.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
11. What was the narrator's father's profession?
(a) He was a banker.
(b) He was a clothing store owner.
(c) He was a priest.
(d) He was a baker.
12. How does the narrator describe having broken the Watchman during interrogation in Chapter 11?
(a) By threatening to reveal that the Watchman is communist.
(b) By threatening to reveal that the Watchman is a woman.
(c) By threatening to kill the Watchman's family.
(d) By threatening to falsely reveal the Watchman is gay.
13. What kind of camera does the narrator describe carrying in the hidden compartment of his rucksack?
(a) A Polaroid camera.
(b) A Canon camera.
(c) An Aigo camera.
(d) A Minox camera.
14. The narrator describes working his first assignment under whose supervision at the National Interrogation Center in Saigon?
(c) The General's.
15. What does the narrator say his mother called him in Chapter 2?
(a) "Her love child."
(b) "Her tree of life."
(c) "A child prodigy."
(d) "A bastard."
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the extras bring to the narrator at the hospital in Chapter 11?
2. When did the narrator meet Claude?
3. What author does the narrator say that Man had introduced him and Bon to in Chapter 1?
4. Where is Asia Soo's mother from?
5. What character is the Idol playing in the film?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)