|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have the narrator and Bon landed in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(d) The Philippines.
2. How tall is Claude described as in Chapter 1?
3. How many fingers does the narrator describe the General having lost in Chapter 1?
4. When did Lana come to America to attend college?
5. What does the narrator brush over the letters from his aunt in order to see the hidden messages in Chapter 4?
(a) Sugar water.
(d) Salt water.
6. What author does the narrator say that Man had introduced him and Bon to in Chapter 1?
(a) Richard Hedd.
(b) Alexandre Dumas.
(c) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(d) Nikolay Chernyshevsky.
7. What film of the Auteur's is described in Chapter 8 as being "about the failure of the American Dream"?
(a) Apocalpyse Now.
(b) Venice Beach.
(c) The Thin Red Line.
(d) Hard Knock.
8. What is the dish soap that James Yoon is known for promoting in television commercials?
9. What kind of store does the narrator describe the General opening in Chapter 5?
(a) A shoe store.
(b) A liquor store.
(c) A bakery shop.
(d) A clothing store.
10. What is the name of the Auteur's gardener?
(d) Danny Boy.
11. What infamous Nazi does the author describe in Chapter 8?
(a) Wilhelm Frick.
(b) Frank Hans.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Joseph Goebbels.
12. What film of the Auteur's is described in Chapter 8 as "A critically lauded movie about the travails of Greek American youth in the inflamed streets of Detroit"?
(a) The Thin Red Line.
(b) Watership Down.
(c) Venice Beach.
(d) Hard Knock.
13. What is the name of Bon's son?
14. Who is the woman that Claude was forced to leave behind when he fled Saigon?
15. What character is the Idol playing in the film?
(a) Captain Will Shamus.
(b) Captain Anderson Rockwell.
(c) Sergeant Jay Bellamy.
(d) Sergeant Jay Walters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Chapter 4 refers to a straight, close-fitting silk dress with a high neck?
2. What does the narrator say his father called him in Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of Bon's wife?
4. In what film does the narrator describe Mickey Rooney playing a "bucktoothed, bespectacled Jap" in Chapter 8?
5. What is the name of the movie director's assistant?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)