|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word in the novel refers to the practice of concealing a message within another message?
2. Where is Asia Soo's mother from?
3. On what date did the Fall of Saigon occur?
(a) March 1, 1974.
(b) June 20, 1972.
(c) April 3, 1976.
(d) April 30, 1975.
4. What is the name of Bon's wife?
5. What is the name of the film that the narrator is to advise about?
(b) Apocalypse Now.
(d) The Hamlet.
6. What district does the Congressman represent?
(a) Orange County.
(b) Siskiyou County.
(c) Kings County.
(d) Trinity County.
7. Who has the General enlisted to help the narrator in killing the major in Chapter 5?
8. The narrator describes working his first assignment under whose supervision at the National Interrogation Center in Saigon?
(c) The General's.
9. What author is cited in the narrative as saying "East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet"?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Alexandre Dumas.
(c) Rudyard Kipling.
(d) Friedrich Nietzsche.
10. What author does the narrator say that Man had introduced him and Bon to in Chapter 1?
(a) Alexandre Dumas.
(b) Nikolay Chernyshevsky.
(c) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(d) Richard Hedd.
11. How tall is Claude described as in Chapter 1?
12. What kind of camera does the narrator describe carrying in the hidden compartment of his rucksack?
(a) A Canon camera.
(b) An Aigo camera.
(c) A Minox camera.
(d) A Polaroid camera.
13. What character is the Thespian playing in the film?
(a) Captain Will Shamus.
(b) Sergeant Jay Bellamy.
(c) Captain Anderson Rockwell.
(d) Sergeant Jay Walters.
14. Where does the narrator describe finally seeing the Auteur's film in Chapter 10?
(a) In Bangkok.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Los Angeles.
(d) In Paris.
15. What does the narrator say his mother called him in Chapter 2?
(a) "Her tree of life."
(b) "A child prodigy."
(c) "A bastard."
(d) "Her love child."
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the narrator meet Claude?
2. How many fingers does the narrator describe the General having lost in Chapter 1?
3. On what day of the week does the General's store opening occur in Chapter 5?
4. Where does the narrator describe attending a wedding in Chapter 7?
5. Where did Madame organize a Tet celebration, according to the narrator in Chapter 12?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)