|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What film of the Auteur's is described in Chapter 8 as "A critically lauded movie about the travails of Greek American youth in the inflamed streets of Detroit"?
(a) Venice Beach.
(b) Hard Knock.
(c) Watership Down.
(d) The Thin Red Line.
2. What is described as "the cue for the evacuation's final phase" in Chapter 5?
(a) "White Christmas."
(b) "The American National Anthem."
(d) "Hey Joe."
3. What character is the Thespian playing in the film?
(a) Sergeant Jay Bellamy.
(b) Sergeant Jay Walters.
(c) Captain Anderson Rockwell.
(d) Captain Will Shamus.
4. To what religion does Bon ascribe?
5. What was Lana's major in college?
(a) American History.
(c) Art history.
6. Where is Asia Soo's father from?
7. Madame exclaims in Chapter 7, "The worst thing about living in America is" what?
(a) "The culture."
(b) "The corruption."
(c) "The people."
(d) "The racism."
8. Who is the dictator of the Philippines when the narrator leaves in Chapter 1?
(a) Chairman Mao.
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Ferdinand Marcos.
(d) Emilio Aguinaldo.
9. Where have the narrator and Bon landed in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(b) The Philippines.
10. What kind of camera does the narrator describe carrying in the hidden compartment of his rucksack?
(a) A Polaroid camera.
(b) A Canon camera.
(c) An Aigo camera.
(d) A Minox camera.
11. How old is Ms. Mori when the narrator begins his affair with her?
12. What job has Bon taken in Chapter 5?
(a) A hotel clerk position.
(b) A butcher position.
(c) A store clerk position.
(d) A banking position.
13. What does the narrator say his mother called him in Chapter 2?
(a) "A bastard."
(b) "A child prodigy."
(c) "Her tree of life."
(d) "Her love child."
14. What is the name of Bon's son?
15. How old is the Department Chair described as in Chapter 4?
(a) 30-40 years old.
(b) 50-60 years old.
(c) 70-80 years old.
(d) 40-50 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business has the General decided to open to raise money for the movement in Chapter 12?
2. Who wrote the following quote that opens the novel: "Let us not become gloomy as soon as we hear the word 'torture'"?
3. What book is Asia Soo reading when the narrator approaches her by the pool in Chapter 10?
4. What kind of store does the narrator describe the General opening in Chapter 5?
5. When did the narrator's family flee to the South after living in a northern hamlet?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)