1. Who wrote the following quote that opens the novel: "Let us not become gloomy as soon as we hear the word 'torture'"?
2. On what date did the Fall of Saigon occur?
April 30, 1975.
3. For how many years does the narrator say he lived in the villa with the General when the Fall of Saigon occurred in Chapter 1?
4. How many children does the narrator describe the General having in Chapter 1?
5. How many fingers does the narrator describe the General having lost in Chapter 1?
6. What does the word "epicurean" mean in Chapter 1?
A lover of sensual pleasures.
7. Whom does the narrator say actually came up with the question attributed to Lenin in Chapter 1: "What is to be done?"
This section contains 3,803 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)