|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is contained on the jar on the commandant's desk?
(a) A baby with two heads.
(b) A gorilla fetus.
(c) An elephant fetus.
(d) Pickled beets.
2. When did Ho Chi Minh die?
3. Who leads the narrator's group on their journey across the border in Chapter 18?
(a) A Lao farmer and a Hmong scout.
(b) A Cambodian farmer and a Russian scout.
(c) A Hmong farmer and a Lao scout.
(d) A Vietnamese refugee and a Japanese scout.
4. The narrator describes working his first assignment under whose supervision at the National Interrogation Center in Saigon?
(d) The General's.
5. What kind of traditional dress does the narrator describe Lana having worn as a girl in Chapter 7?
(a) A zhongshan.
(b) A cheongsam.
(c) A tangzhuang.
(d) An ao dai.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fingers does the narrator describe the General having lost in Chapter 1?
2. The commandant tells the narrator in Chapter 19, "you are a communist only in name. In practice, you are" what?
3. What do the extras bring to the narrator at the hospital in Chapter 11?
4. What book is Asia Soo reading when the narrator approaches her by the pool in Chapter 10?
5. What does the narrator say his father called him in Chapter 2?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)