|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the commandant say the narrator is as opposed to a prisoner in Chapter 19?
(a) A guard.
(b) A visitor.
(c) A patient.
(d) A follower.
2. Where does the commandant describe being held prisoner in Chapter 19?
(c) Guantanimo Bay.
3. What is the dish soap that James Yoon is known for promoting in television commercials?
4. On what day of the week does the General's store opening occur in Chapter 5?
5. What was the narrator's father's profession?
(a) He was a clothing store owner.
(b) He was a banker.
(c) He was a baker.
(d) He was a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says in Chapter 19, "What my time in the cave taught me is that the ultimate life-and-death struggle is" what?
2. Whose gold-painted bust sits in the commissar's office?
3. When did the narrator's family flee to the South after living in a northern hamlet?
4. In what film does the narrator describe Mickey Rooney playing a "bucktoothed, bespectacled Jap" in Chapter 8?
5. What does Bon threaten the shoplifters with in Chapter 15?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)