|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the narrator, Bon, and Man swear their blood oath?
(a) In a tamarind grove.
(b) In a rice paddy.
(c) In an elm grove.
(d) In a salich grove.
2. Where does the narrator say Ms. Mori lives in Chapter 5?
(a) The Upper East Side.
(b) The Hackensack neighborhood.
(c) The Crenshaw neighborhood.
(d) Skid Row.
3. When did the narrator's family flee to the South after living in a northern hamlet?
4. How many pages is the narrator's confession in Chapter 19?
5. What food does Madame offer to the narrator when he visits in Chapter 8?
(a) Bahn mi.
(c) Spring rolls.
(d) Bún bò Huế.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river does the narrator describe in the distance in Chapter 18?
2. What does the narrator bring to Ms. Mori's house in Chapter 13?
3. Where does the Department Chair say he met his wife in Chapter 4?
4. What word from Chapter 15 refers to a celestial nymph?
5. Who gave the narrator his rucksack that he packs and leaves with in Chapter 1?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)