|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator first arrive in the United States in Chapter 4?
(a) New York.
(b) St. Paul.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) San Diego.
2. How many fingers does the narrator describe the General having lost in Chapter 1?
3. Where have the narrator and Bon landed in the beginning of Chapter 2?
(d) The Philippines.
4. How tall is Claude described as in Chapter 1?
5. Who wrote the following quote that opens the novel: "Let us not become gloomy as soon as we hear the word 'torture'"?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Friedrich Nietzsche.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Karl Marx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as "the cue for the evacuation's final phase" in Chapter 5?
2. Who is the author of Asian Communism and the Oriental Mode of Destruction?
3. Who wrote the quote cited in Chapter 1: "consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"?
4. What fictional spy character does the narrator describe sleeping peacefully on a bed of nails in Chapter 5?
5. What does the narrator say his mother called him in Chapter 2?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)