|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the communist agent with the papers in her mouth when she was arrested?
2. How many children does the narrator describe the General having in Chapter 1?
3. What author is cited in the narrative as saying "East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet"?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Alexandre Dumas.
(c) Rudyard Kipling.
(d) Friedrich Nietzsche.
4. What does the narrator say his father called him in Chapter 2?
(a) "His love child."
(b) "A bastard."
(c) "A prodigy."
(d) "Nothing at all."
5. To what religion does Bon ascribe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bon's son?
2. What was the narrator's father's profession?
3. Who wrote the quote cited in Chapter 1: "consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"?
4. For how many years does the narrator say he lived in the villa with the General when the Fall of Saigon occurred in Chapter 1?
5. What fictional spy character does the narrator describe sleeping peacefully on a bed of nails in Chapter 5?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)