|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food item does the narrator describe missing terribly in his letter to his aunt in Chapter 4?
(b) Soy sauce.
(d) Fish sauce.
2. Where is the General's store located, according to the narrator in Chapter 5?
(a) On Atlantic Avenue.
(b) On Hollywood Boulevard.
(c) On Houston Street.
(d) On North Broadway.
3. What does the narrator brush over the letters from his aunt in order to see the hidden messages in Chapter 4?
(b) Salt water.
(c) Sugar water.
4. During what years was Ho Chi Minh prime minister of Vietnam?
5. Who has the General enlisted to help the narrator in killing the major in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years does the narrator say he lived in the villa with the General when the Fall of Saigon occurred in Chapter 1?
2. How many fingers does the narrator describe the General having lost in Chapter 1?
3. Who wrote the following quote that opens the novel: "Let us not become gloomy as soon as we hear the word 'torture'"?
4. What Beatles' song does the narrator describe singing in the bar with Man and Bon in Chapter 1?
5. Who is the woman that Claude was forced to leave behind when he fled Saigon?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)