|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bon's son?
2. What does the word "epicurean" mean in Chapter 1?
(a) A lover of sensual pleasures.
(b) A type of lobster.
(c) A writer of poetry.
(d) A flower from northeast Asia.
3. To what religion does Bon ascribe?
4. What job has Bon taken in Chapter 5?
(a) A banking position.
(b) A store clerk position.
(c) A hotel clerk position.
(d) A butcher position.
5. How tall is Claude described as in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the following quote that opens the novel: "Let us not become gloomy as soon as we hear the word 'torture'"?
2. What author is cited in the narrative as saying "East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet"?
3. On what date did the Fall of Saigon occur?
4. What kind of camera does the narrator describe carrying in the hidden compartment of his rucksack?
5. To whom is the narrator writing his confession in Chapter 2?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)