|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ms. Mori's first name?
2. Where does the narrator say Ms. Mori lives in Chapter 5?
(a) The Crenshaw neighborhood.
(b) The Hackensack neighborhood.
(c) The Upper East Side.
(d) Skid Row.
3. The author writes in Chapter 5, "Under Asian communism, everything but" what "is free"?
4. What was the narrator's father's profession?
(a) He was a baker.
(b) He was a clothing store owner.
(c) He was a priest.
(d) He was a banker.
5. What author does the narrator say that Man had introduced him and Bon to in Chapter 1?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(b) Richard Hedd.
(c) Alexandre Dumas.
(d) Nikolay Chernyshevsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "epicurean" mean in Chapter 1?
2. What Founding Father does the narrator describe having said that an older mistress is a wonderful thing in Chapter 5?
3. Who is the author of Asian Communism and the Oriental Mode of Destruction?
4. What Beatles' song does the narrator describe singing in the bar with Man and Bon in Chapter 1?
5. Who is the woman that Claude was forced to leave behind when he fled Saigon?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)