|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the following quote that opens the novel: "Let us not become gloomy as soon as we hear the word 'torture'"?
(a) Friedrich Nietzsche.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
2. For how many years does the narrator say he lived in the villa with the General when the Fall of Saigon occurred in Chapter 1?
3. What food item does the narrator describe missing terribly in his letter to his aunt in Chapter 4?
(a) Soy sauce.
(d) Fish sauce.
4. What was the narrator's father's profession?
(a) He was a banker.
(b) He was a clothing store owner.
(c) He was a priest.
(d) He was a baker.
5. How old is Ms. Mori when the narrator begins his affair with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What author is cited in the narrative as saying "East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet"?
2. Whom does the narrator say actually came up with the question attributed to Lenin in Chapter 1: "What is to be done?"
3. Where does the Department Chair say he met his wife in Chapter 4?
4. When did the narrator meet Claude?
5. Who has the General enlisted to help the narrator in killing the major in Chapter 5?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)