|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Menion take Stenmin when he tries to kill him?
2. What does the Wall of the North cause to men who are near it?
3. Where does the Gnome army camp after defeating Balinor's legions outside the city?
4. Who is sent to kill the men trapped in the tower?
5. Where does the Warlock Lord live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allanor ask Flick to do when he sees an army ready to attack Callahorn?
2. What does Shea find when he wakes after escaping the crumbling Mountain Pass?
3. What does Menion know about Palance when he arrives at Tyrsis and why?
4. What makes Menion a hero in Kern?
5. What happens when Stenmin tries to kill Menion?
6. What does Keltset explain to his people through sign language?
7. What happens when a Skull Bearer lands with Creel at Paranor?
8. What does Shirl suggest to Menion before they meet with Palance?
9. Why does Menion feel that the plan to evacuate Kern must be kept quiet?
10. What does Keltset do when Rock Trolls surround the group at dusk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and creatures were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)