|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of creature is Orl Fane?
2. What is Dayel attacked by when he enters the door after Allanon falls?
3. Who fights a Muten to give Shea time to escape?
4. Who puts Balinor on their shoulders in victory?
5. What does Palance call Stenmin in the cellar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Menion feel that the plan to evacuate Kern must be kept quiet?
2. What happens when a Skull Bearer lands with Creel at Paranor?
3. What happens when Creel finds the Elfstones?
4. What does Shirl suggest to Menion before they meet with Palance?
5. How does Durin die?
6. What does Flick do when the Elf King loses strength, and what does this indicate?
7. What happens as Balinor begins to despair the fate of his men?
8. What does Allanor ask Flick to do when he sees an army ready to attack Callahorn?
9. What does Keltset explain to his people through sign language?
10. What do Shea and Creel find when they get to Paranor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Menion had a very impulsive nature that got him into a lot of trouble in this story, but also led to some great achievements. Please write about the different affects of Menion's impulsive nature, both positive and negative.
Essay Topic 3
How did Keltset die, and what did this reveal about his character? How did this death affect the characters who witnessed it?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)