|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Gnome army camp after defeating Balinor's legions outside the city?
2. What does Palance call Stenmin in the cellar?
3. How does the Tyrsis army defend against what the Gnomes use to scale the bluffs?
4. What is the name of Balinor's brother?
5. How does Balinor say the Gnome Army is being controlled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allanon do when he sees Shea coming out of the Mountain, and how does Shea respond to this?
2. Why did Palance place Balinor in prison when he arrived in Callahorn?
3. What happens when a Skull Bearer lands with Creel at Paranor?
4. What does Creel allow Shea to do after meeting the Skull Bearer at Paranor?
5. What does Creel say to calm Shea's fears of never finding Fane and the Sword?
6. What happens as Balinor begins to despair the fate of his men?
7. What does Flick do when the Elf King loses strength, and what does this indicate?
8. What happens when Creel finds the Elfstones?
9. Why is it so important that the Elf King is found and returned to his Kingdom?
10. What does Shea feel when he touches the Sword, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this plot all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)