|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shea see for the first time in the Valley?
2. What causes the armies to stop fighting?
3. Who ruses to the Skull Kingdom when he senses Shea has found the Sword?
4. How does Menion feel when he sees he really rescued a woman?
5. Who is sent to kill the men trapped in the tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Menion feel that the plan to evacuate Kern must be kept quiet?
2. What happens when a Skull Bearer lands with Creel at Paranor?
3. What does Menion know about Palance when he arrives at Tyrsis and why?
4. What is Hendel thinking about during the first day of battle?
5. What does Balinor think will happen if Tyrsis falls to the Gnome army?
6. What does Shirl suggest to Menion before they meet with Palance?
7. What does Keltset explain to his people through sign language?
8. What happens when Creel finds the Elfstones?
9. What does Keltset do when Rock Trolls surround the group at dusk?
10. How does Keltset die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the main dangers in the Hall of the Kings, how were the characters able to avoid them, and what did they all symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
How did Keltset die, and what did this reveal about his character? How did this death affect the characters who witnessed it?
Essay Topic 3
How did Stenmin rule over Palance, and what affect did this power have on the course of the plot?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)