|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keltset find hiding in the bushes?
2. What causes Balinor to become the acting King?
3. What does Shea feel in his body as he connects to the Sword?
4. What does Flick do when the Elf King loses the strength to fight?
5. What does the woman say Tyrsis will be protected by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Stenmin tries to kill Menion?
2. How does Durin die?
3. What does Keltset explain to his people through sign language?
4. How does Keltset die?
5. Why is Shea unable to get to Fane when they see him by the North Wall?
6. What happens when a Skull Bearer lands with Creel at Paranor?
7. What do Shea and Creel find when they get to Paranor?
8. What happens when the trap door in Tyrsis is found?
9. What makes Menion a hero in Kern?
10. What does Allanon do when he sees Shea coming out of the Mountain, and how does Shea respond to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by several different characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Menion had a very impulsive nature that got him into a lot of trouble in this story, but also led to some great achievements. Please write about the different affects of Menion's impulsive nature, both positive and negative.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)