|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Menion feel when he sees he really rescued a woman?
2. How does Shea defeat Brona?
3. Who is sent to warn Balinor of a great army when the group splits up?
4. Who awakes when Shea touches the Sword of Shannara?
5. How many Kern men fight in the decoy army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allanor ask Flick to do when he sees an army ready to attack Callahorn?
2. What does Creel allow Shea to do after meeting the Skull Bearer at Paranor?
3. Why is Shea unable to get to Fane when they see him by the North Wall?
4. What do Shea and Creel find when they get to Paranor?
5. What happens when Stenmin tries to kill Menion?
6. Why does Menion feel that the plan to evacuate Kern must be kept quiet?
7. What does Keltset do when Rock Trolls surround the group at dusk?
8. How does Keltset die?
9. What does Balinor find when he first gets to Tyrsis?
10. What happens when a Skull Bearer lands with Creel at Paranor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Terry Brooks have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What was the true power of the Sword of Shannara, and how did this affect the different characters who came in contact with it?
Essay Topic 3
Flick endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)