|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used to beat down Shea after he touches the Sword of Shannara?
2. Who is sent to kill the men trapped in the tower?
3. Who saves the men locked in the tower?
4. What does Keltset find hiding in the bushes?
5. What did Shea think the Sword of Shannara was when he first saw it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Balinor begins to despair the fate of his men?
2. What makes Menion a hero in Kern?
3. What does Shirl suggest to Menion before they meet with Palance?
4. Why did Palance place Balinor in prison when he arrived in Callahorn?
5. What does Creel say to calm Shea's fears of never finding Fane and the Sword?
6. What does Balinor think will happen if Tyrsis falls to the Gnome army?
7. What does Palance do when he sees Balinor enter Tyrsis?
8. What happens when Stenmin tries to kill Menion?
9. What does Allanon do when he sees Shea coming out of the Mountain, and how does Shea respond to this?
10. Why does Menion feel that the plan to evacuate Kern must be kept quiet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the main dangers in the Hall of the Kings, how were the characters able to avoid them, and what did they all symbolize?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)