|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orl Fane say he knows the location of?
2. Where does the Warlock Lord live?
3. What causes the armies to stop fighting?
4. How do the gnomes scale the bluff at Tyrsis?
5. What is used to save Flick and the Elf King when the Elf King can no longer fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Shea and Creel find when they get to Paranor?
2. What does Shea find when he wakes after escaping the crumbling Mountain Pass?
3. What does Creel say to calm Shea's fears of never finding Fane and the Sword?
4. What does Shirl suggest to Menion before they meet with Palance?
5. What does Balinor find when he first gets to Tyrsis?
6. What does Creel allow Shea to do after meeting the Skull Bearer at Paranor?
7. How does Durin die?
8. What happens when Stenmin tries to kill Menion?
9. What does Keltset do when Rock Trolls surround the group at dusk?
10. Why does Menion feel that the plan to evacuate Kern must be kept quiet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How did Stenmin rule over Palance, and what affect did this power have on the course of the plot?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)