|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used to save Flick and the Elf King when the Elf King can no longer fight?
2. Who puts Balinor on their shoulders in victory?
3. Where does the Warlock Lord live?
4. Where does the Gnome army camp after defeating Balinor's legions outside the city?
5. What does Allanon fall into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Shea unable to get to Fane when they see him by the North Wall?
2. What does Keltset do when Rock Trolls surround the group at dusk?
3. What does Allanon do when he sees Shea coming out of the Mountain, and how does Shea respond to this?
4. What happens when Creel finds the Elfstones?
5. What does Shea feel when he touches the Sword, and why?
6. Why did Palance place Balinor in prison when he arrived in Callahorn?
7. What makes Menion a hero in Kern?
8. What does Flick do when the Elf King loses strength, and what does this indicate?
9. What happens when the trap door in Tyrsis is found?
10. What does Palance do when he sees Balinor enter Tyrsis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the main dangers in the Hall of the Kings, how were the characters able to avoid them, and what did they all symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Menion had a very impulsive nature that got him into a lot of trouble in this story, but also led to some great achievements. Please write about the different affects of Menion's impulsive nature, both positive and negative.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)