|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman say Tyrsis will be protected by?
2. How does Menion feel when he sees he really rescued a woman?
3. What does Palance die of?
4. What did Shea think the Sword of Shannara was when he first saw it?
5. Where do the Trolls take Keltset?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allanor ask Flick to do when he sees an army ready to attack Callahorn?
2. What happens as Balinor begins to despair the fate of his men?
3. How does Durin die?
4. What makes Menion a hero in Kern?
5. What does Keltset explain to his people through sign language?
6. What does Keltset do when Rock Trolls surround the group at dusk?
7. What happens when the trap door in Tyrsis is found?
8. What does Palance do when he sees Balinor enter Tyrsis?
9. Why does Menion feel that the plan to evacuate Kern must be kept quiet?
10. How does Keltset die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)