|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many legions does Balinor say he is taking out of Tyrsis?
2. Who is Flick sent to deliver something to when he is disguised as a Gnome?
3. Where does Menion take Stenmin when he tries to kill him?
4. How does Menion escape after rescuing a woman?
5. What saves Shea from the causes of the Wall of the North?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Palance do when he sees Balinor enter Tyrsis?
2. How does Keltset die?
3. What does Flick do when the Elf King loses strength, and what does this indicate?
4. What does Menion know about Palance when he arrives at Tyrsis and why?
5. What does Creel allow Shea to do after meeting the Skull Bearer at Paranor?
6. Why is it so important that the Elf King is found and returned to his Kingdom?
7. What does Balinor think will happen if Tyrsis falls to the Gnome army?
8. What makes Menion a hero in Kern?
9. What happens when a Skull Bearer lands with Creel at Paranor?
10. Why does Menion feel that the plan to evacuate Kern must be kept quiet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Menion had a very impulsive nature that got him into a lot of trouble in this story, but also led to some great achievements. Please write about the different affects of Menion's impulsive nature, both positive and negative.
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)