|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What normally houses the Sword of Shannara?
2. How many legions does Balinor say he is taking out of Tyrsis?
3. Where does Menion take Stenmin when he tries to kill him?
4. What causes the armies to stop fighting?
5. What does the woman say Tyrsis will be protected by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Shea and Creel find when they get to Paranor?
2. What does Keltset explain to his people through sign language?
3. What does Creel allow Shea to do after meeting the Skull Bearer at Paranor?
4. What does Creel say to calm Shea's fears of never finding Fane and the Sword?
5. What is Hendel thinking about during the first day of battle?
6. What happens when Stenmin tries to kill Menion?
7. What does Allanor ask Flick to do when he sees an army ready to attack Callahorn?
8. Why does Menion feel that the plan to evacuate Kern must be kept quiet?
9. How does Keltset die?
10. Why is it so important that the Elf King is found and returned to his Kingdom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the main dangers in the Hall of the Kings, how were the characters able to avoid them, and what did they all symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)