|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the man in scarlet tell Shea to run to?
2. Who is Flick with as he watches the battle from the forest?
3. What is used to save Flick and the Elf King when the Elf King can no longer fight?
4. What does Orl Fane say he knows the location of?
5. What does Palance die of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Creel allow Shea to do after meeting the Skull Bearer at Paranor?
2. What does Menion know about Palance when he arrives at Tyrsis and why?
3. What happens when a Skull Bearer lands with Creel at Paranor?
4. Why is Shea unable to get to Fane when they see him by the North Wall?
5. What happens when the trap door in Tyrsis is found?
6. Why is it so important that the Elf King is found and returned to his Kingdom?
7. What does Allanon do when he sees Shea coming out of the Mountain, and how does Shea respond to this?
8. What does Balinor think will happen if Tyrsis falls to the Gnome army?
9. Why does Menion feel that the plan to evacuate Kern must be kept quiet?
10. What happens as Balinor begins to despair the fate of his men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Keltset die, and what did this reveal about his character? How did this death affect the characters who witnessed it?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this plot all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)