|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Menion feel when he sees he really rescued a woman?
2. What is the name of Balinor's brother?
3. How does Shea feel when he first holds the Sword?
4. What does Flick do when the Elf King loses the strength to fight?
5. Who awakes when Shea touches the Sword of Shannara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Keltset explain to his people through sign language?
2. What happens when the trap door in Tyrsis is found?
3. What does Keltset do when Rock Trolls surround the group at dusk?
4. What does Shea feel when he touches the Sword, and why?
5. What does Allanon do when he sees Shea coming out of the Mountain, and how does Shea respond to this?
6. What does Allanor ask Flick to do when he sees an army ready to attack Callahorn?
7. What does Creel allow Shea to do after meeting the Skull Bearer at Paranor?
8. Why did Palance place Balinor in prison when he arrived in Callahorn?
9. What does Menion know about Palance when he arrives at Tyrsis and why?
10. What does Palance do when he sees Balinor enter Tyrsis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What was the true power of the Sword of Shannara, and how did this affect the different characters who came in contact with it?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)