|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Gnome army camp after defeating Balinor's legions outside the city?
2. What does Palance die of?
3. What does Shea see for the first time in the Valley?
4. Who is sent to warn Balinor of a great army when the group splits up?
5. How is the power over Shea after he touches the Sword interrupted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Flick endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Menion had a very impulsive nature that got him into a lot of trouble in this story, but also led to some great achievements. Please write about the different affects of Menion's impulsive nature, both positive and negative.
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)