|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Balinor go when Allanor tells the group to split up?
2. Where does the man in scarlet tell Shea to run to?
3. Where does the Warlock Lord live?
4. What did Shea think the Sword of Shannara was when he first saw it?
5. Where do the Trolls take Keltset?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Creel allow Shea to do after meeting the Skull Bearer at Paranor?
2. What does Flick do when the Elf King loses strength, and what does this indicate?
3. What happens when a Skull Bearer lands with Creel at Paranor?
4. What happens when the trap door in Tyrsis is found?
5. How does Durin die?
6. Why is it so important that the Elf King is found and returned to his Kingdom?
7. What does Allanor ask Flick to do when he sees an army ready to attack Callahorn?
8. What makes Menion a hero in Kern?
9. How does Keltset die?
10. What does Keltset explain to his people through sign language?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the main dangers in the Hall of the Kings, how were the characters able to avoid them, and what did they all symbolize?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)