|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orl Fane say he knows the location of?
2. What is Ginnisson's occupation?
3. What is Stenmin?
4. What is used to save Flick and the Elf King when the Elf King can no longer fight?
5. Whose death is a huge loss to the Border Legion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Palance do when he sees Balinor enter Tyrsis?
2. What does Shea feel when he touches the Sword, and why?
3. What does Keltset explain to his people through sign language?
4. What do Shea and Creel find when they get to Paranor?
5. How does Durin die?
6. What happens as Balinor begins to despair the fate of his men?
7. What does Allanon do when he sees Shea coming out of the Mountain, and how does Shea respond to this?
8. Why did Palance place Balinor in prison when he arrived in Callahorn?
9. What does Menion know about Palance when he arrives at Tyrsis and why?
10. What happens when Stenmin tries to kill Menion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Stenmin rule over Palance, and what affect did this power have on the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Creel kept from killing Orl Fane when he had the chance. Why did he do this, and what did this event reveal about Creel's character?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this plot all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)