|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used to beat down Shea after he touches the Sword of Shannara?
2. Who is sent to kill the men trapped in the tower?
3. What word does Flick say to the Elf King when he sees him?
4. What is Stenmin?
5. How does Creel feel after learning Shea's connection to the Sword of Shannara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allanor ask Flick to do when he sees an army ready to attack Callahorn?
2. What does Creel allow Shea to do after meeting the Skull Bearer at Paranor?
3. Why does Menion feel that the plan to evacuate Kern must be kept quiet?
4. What happens when Stenmin tries to kill Menion?
5. What do Shea and Creel find when they get to Paranor?
6. What does Shirl suggest to Menion before they meet with Palance?
7. What does Balinor think will happen if Tyrsis falls to the Gnome army?
8. Why is it so important that the Elf King is found and returned to his Kingdom?
9. What does Balinor find when he first gets to Tyrsis?
10. What does Keltset do when Rock Trolls surround the group at dusk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Terry Brooks have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Flick endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)