|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Wall of the North cause to men who are near it?
2. Who is Flick with as he watches the battle from the forest?
3. What does Shea see for the first time in the Valley?
4. Who ruses to the Skull Kingdom when he senses Shea has found the Sword?
5. Which of the following does NOT continue on the search to find Shea when the group splits up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Shea and Creel find when they get to Paranor?
2. What does Balinor think will happen if Tyrsis falls to the Gnome army?
3. What happens when Creel finds the Elfstones?
4. What does Balinor find when he first gets to Tyrsis?
5. What does Creel say to calm Shea's fears of never finding Fane and the Sword?
6. What does Shea feel when he touches the Sword, and why?
7. What makes Menion a hero in Kern?
8. What is Hendel thinking about during the first day of battle?
9. What does Shea find when he wakes after escaping the crumbling Mountain Pass?
10. What does Keltset do when Rock Trolls surround the group at dusk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this plot all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Flick endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)