|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What protected the group against the Banshees?
2. What draws the Skull Bearer away when the brothers are heading towards the river?
3. What direction from the inn is Anar?
4. How many elves travel with Allanon on the journey?
5. When are the brothers instructed to use the gifts from Allanon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shea say when he hears the history of the Sword of Shannara, and how does Allanon respond to this?
2. What happens when the group gets to the Druid's Keep?
3. What news does Allanor bring to Balinor when the brothers first get to Anar?
4. What does the stranger say about the shadow flying overhead, and how does Flick respond to this?
5. How does Balinor suggest getting through the pass of Jade?
6. What does Shea notice as they trudge along after defeating the Marsh Wraith?
7. What helps the group maintain their will as they travel through the Hall of the Kings?
8. How do Flick and Shea both get injured for the first time?
9. What is the history of the Sword of Shannara?
10. How is Flick described at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by several different characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Menion had a very impulsive nature that got him into a lot of trouble in this story, but also led to some great achievements. Please write about the different affects of Menion's impulsive nature, both positive and negative.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)