|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following creatures has NOT evolved much over the last 1,000 years?
2. What was the beautiful girl by the tree?
3. How long before this book began had the Border Legion been created?
4. Who fought with the Dwarves in the second great war?
5. What does Allanor say showed him that the brothers had to leave Shady Vale?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shea say when he hears the history of the Sword of Shannara, and how does Allanon respond to this?
2. What are Stores?
3. Why does Allanon say it is important for Shea to understand the history of the Sword of Shannara?
4. What does Menion realize about himself as he is about to shoot a gnome, and what does this cause him to do?
5. How do Flick and Shea both get injured for the first time?
6. Why does Flick not like Menion Leah?
7. How are the travelers able to defeat the Marsh Wraith?
8. What are the Skull Bearers?
9. What does Balinor tell Shea about Allanon?
10. What is the history of the Sword of Shannara?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Flick endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and creatures were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)