|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of creature is Allanon?
2. What is the name of the first forest the brothers come to on their journey to Anar?
3. Where have the scouts near the mountains set a trap for the group?
(a) Gallows Way.
(b) The Gulch of Terror.
(c) Pass of Noose.
(d) The Deadman's Culvert.
4. What is the name of the Dwarf that travels with Allanon on the journey?
5. How does Menion try to meet up with the brothers again?
(a) He goes to where he thinks Balinor might be.
(b) He uses a seeing stone.
(c) He follows the Skull Bearers.
(d) He tracks their movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the humans mostly stay?
2. What does Flick say as they enter the Black Oaks?
3. What kind of creatures are guarding the pass of Jade?
4. What caused the humans to isolate themselves?
5. What kind of government does Shea not approve of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Flick described at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Allanon say it is important for Shea to understand the history of the Sword of Shannara?
3. Why does the stranger at the beginning of the book say he has come to the Vale?
4. What happens when the group enters the Dragon's Crease?
5. How are the travelers able to defeat the Marsh Wraith?
6. What does Flick make to protect the travelers in the heavy mist in the Black Oaks?
7. What does Flick see when he is standing guard outside Shea's room?
8. What gift did Allanor leave for Shea, and what is it to be used for?
9. What does Shea remember about his childhood?
10. What does Menion realize about himself as he is about to shoot a gnome, and what does this cause him to do?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)