|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Menion try to meet up with the brothers again?
(a) He tracks their movement.
(b) He follows the Skull Bearers.
(c) He goes to where he thinks Balinor might be.
(d) He uses a seeing stone.
2. What kind of creature was Jerle?
3. How many people was Allanon told by the lake entity would not make it to Paranon?
4. What did Allanon say the group must do before entering the path to Paranon?
(a) Recite their plan of attack.
(b) Practice a healing chant.
(c) Tie themselves together.
(d) Say a prayer.
5. What happens for 10 days after Allanor leaves a letter for the brothers?
(a) It is hot and sunny.
(b) It rains.
(c) It snows.
(d) The wind blows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allanon say will end the isolation of the humans?
2. What does Flick's brother resemble?
3. What direction are most of the strange things in Shady Vale coming from?
4. Who fought with the Dwarves in the second great war?
5. What caused the humans to isolate themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Shea unable to get to Fane when they see him by the North Wall?
2. How are the travelers able to defeat the Marsh Wraith?
3. What happens when the group gets to the Druid's Keep?
4. What does Balinor think will happen if Tyrsis falls to the Gnome army?
5. Who does the stranger at the beginning of the book say he is, and how does Flick's family respond to this?
6. Where does Menion go at the end of the book, and why?
7. How does Allanon learn about Shea's fate after they leave the Hall of the Kings?
8. What is Hendel thinking about during the first day of battle?
9. What does the stranger say about the shadow flying overhead, and how does Flick respond to this?
10. What happens when Creel finds the Elfstones?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)