|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attacks Menion as he approaches the beautiful girl by the tree?
(a) A Skull Bearer.
(b) The River.
(c) The tree.
(d) A band of nomads.
2. What sends the Skullbearer away from the forest where the brothers are sleeping?
(a) The moon.
(b) A wolf howling.
(c) An eagle.
(d) The sun.
3. What direction are most of the strange things in Shady Vale coming from?
(a) The East.
(b) The West.
(c) The South.
(d) The North.
4. Why does Menion agree to guide the brothers to Anar?
(a) He loves an adventure.
(b) All of these.
(c) He is intrigued by the sword.
(d) He cares about Shea and his safety.
5. How many elves travel with Allanon on the journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allanor say showed him that the brothers had to leave Shady Vale?
2. What is the name of the lake reached shortly after Shea and Flick are healed?
3. What does Menion want to pass through to get to Anar?
4. How does Flick's brother feel when he sees the stranger at the table?
5. What happens for 10 days after Allanor leaves a letter for the brothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the stranger at the beginning of the book say he has come to the Vale?
2. What does Shea notice as they trudge along after defeating the Marsh Wraith?
3. What is the history of the Sword of Shannara?
4. How does Shea respond when he hears the bad new Allanor brings, and how does Allanon feel about this?
5. What does Menion realize about himself as he is about to shoot a gnome, and what does this cause him to do?
6. How does Allanon learn about Shea's fate after they leave the Hall of the Kings?
7. What does Shea remember about his childhood?
8. What does Shea say when he hears the history of the Sword of Shannara, and how does Allanon respond to this?
9. What happens when the group enters the Dragon's Crease?
10. What does Balinor tell Shea about Allanon?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)