|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shea know Menion Leah?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They worked together.
(d) They are friends.
2. What does Allanon decide to mark the correct way with?
(a) Puffs of cloud.
(b) White cloths.
(c) Skull marks.
(d) Heart shaped rocks.
3. Where do the humans mostly stay?
(a) The Eastlands.
(b) The Northlands.
(c) The Westlands.
(d) The Southlands.
4. What is the name of the Dwarf that travels with Allanon on the journey?
5. What does Flick's father own?
(a) A pub.
(b) A mine.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) An inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before this book began had the Border Legion been created?
2. What does Menion admit to the brothers on their fifth day of traveling?
3. What kind of creature is Allanon?
4. What kind of government does Shea not approve of?
5. What does Menion want to pass through to get to Anar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shea remember about his childhood?
2. What does Flick think is strange about the friendship between Shea and Menion?
3. What does Menion realize about himself as he is about to shoot a gnome, and what does this cause him to do?
4. Who does the stranger at the beginning of the book say he is, and how does Flick's family respond to this?
5. How is Flick described at the beginning of the book?
6. What does Shea say when he hears the history of the Sword of Shannara, and how does Allanon respond to this?
7. What is the history of the Sword of Shannara?
8. What does Flick see when he is standing guard outside Shea's room?
9. What are Stores?
10. What does the stranger say about the shadow flying overhead, and how does Flick respond to this?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)