|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allanon decide to mark the correct way with?
(a) Puffs of cloud.
(b) Heart shaped rocks.
(c) Skull marks.
(d) White cloths.
2. What kind of land formation was called the Dragon's Teeth?
3. What do the brothers find when they go to Allanor's room after dinner?
(a) There is another man staying there.
(b) He is dead.
(c) The room is a mess.
(d) He has left.
4. Why was Allanor the only one who could approach the lake that was reached after Shea and Flick were healed?
(a) Only those pure in heart could approach it.
(b) Only immortals could approach it.
(c) Only those with magic could approach it.
(d) Only those with children could approach it.
5. What makes the first few days traveling with Menion depressing to the brothers?
(a) The unfamiliar territory.
(b) Menion's silence.
(c) The rain.
(d) Their aching feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Druid Council formed?
2. How does Menion try to meet up with the brothers again?
3. How many people was Allanon told by the lake entity would not make it to Paranon?
4. Whose body was thought to be found in the forest?
5. What does Allanor say showed him that the brothers had to leave Shady Vale?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the group gets to the Druid's Keep?
2. What does Shea remember about his childhood?
3. Why does Flick not like Menion Leah?
4. What does the stranger say about the shadow flying overhead, and how does Flick respond to this?
5. Why does the stranger at the beginning of the book say he has come to the Vale?
6. What does Menion realize about himself as he is about to shoot a gnome, and what does this cause him to do?
7. What gift did Allanor leave for Shea, and what is it to be used for?
8. What does Balinor say when he arrives at the inn?
9. Why does Allanon say it is important for Shea to understand the history of the Sword of Shannara?
10. How does Balinor suggest getting through the pass of Jade?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)