|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allanon say will end the isolation of the humans?
(a) Their loss of food supply.
(c) Another war.
(d) Another quake.
2. What kind of scouts spot the group as they approach the mountains?
(a) Skull Bearers.
3. What direction are most of the strange things in Shady Vale coming from?
(a) The East.
(b) The West.
(c) The South.
(d) The North.
4. What direction from the inn is Anar?
5. Where does Allanor tell the brothers to flee to in a note to them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the humans to isolate themselves?
2. What kind of creature was Jerle?
3. Who does Menion say he is suspicious of as they begin their journey?
4. What kind of creature is Allanon?
5. What is the name of Flick's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shea remember about his childhood?
2. What does Flick make to protect the travelers in the heavy mist in the Black Oaks?
3. Why does Allanon say it is important for Shea to understand the history of the Sword of Shannara?
4. What gift did Allanor leave for Shea, and what is it to be used for?
5. What does Balinor say when he arrives at the inn?
6. How does Allanon learn about Shea's fate after they leave the Hall of the Kings?
7. What does Shea say when he hears the history of the Sword of Shannara, and how does Allanon respond to this?
8. What does Balinor tell Shea about Allanon?
9. What are the Skull Bearers?
10. Why does the stranger at the beginning of the book say he has come to the Vale?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)