|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flick like to hear as he travels?
2. Who does Menion say he is suspicious of as they begin their journey?
3. What kind of creature is Allanon?
4. What does Menion admit to the brothers on their fifth day of traveling?
(a) He is out of food.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is lost.
(d) He is scared.
5. What kind of creature was Jerle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scouts near the mountains do to drive the group into the trap?
2. Who is with Balinor when Shea wakes after his first pleasant dreams in a week?
3. Why was Allanor the only one who could approach the lake that was reached after Shea and Flick were healed?
4. What gift did Allanor give the brothers?
5. What does Menion want to pass through to get to Anar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Allanon learn about Shea's fate after they leave the Hall of the Kings?
2. What happens when the group enters the Dragon's Crease?
3. What does Keltset explain to his people through sign language?
4. Why is Shea unable to get to Fane when they see him by the North Wall?
5. How does Keltset die?
6. What does the stranger say about the shadow flying overhead, and how does Flick respond to this?
7. Why does the stranger at the beginning of the book say he has come to the Vale?
8. What does Menion realize about himself as he is about to shoot a gnome, and what does this cause him to do?
9. Why does Flick not like Menion Leah?
10. What does Balinor think will happen if Tyrsis falls to the Gnome army?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)