|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Menion want to pass through to get to Anar?
(a) The Caverns of Opse.
(b) The Silver River.
(c) The Westing Forest.
(d) The Black Oaks.
2. How many people was Allanon told by the lake entity would not make it to Paranon?
3. How does Flick's brother feel when he sees the stranger at the table?
4. Who does Menion say he is suspicious of as they begin their journey?
5. What makes Menion go numb when he is attacked while approaching the beautiful girl by the tree?
(a) The rope at his waist.
(b) The tree needles.
(c) His lack of sleep.
(d) A poison on the arrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flick not like Menion Leah?
2. How does Shea feel when he wakes up away from the Marsh?
3. Who does Allanor say will help the brothers when they flee?
4. What is the name of the Dwarf that travels with Allanon on the journey?
5. What does Flick like to hear as he travels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the group enters the Dragon's Crease?
2. How do Flick and Shea both get injured for the first time?
3. Why does the stranger at the beginning of the book say he has come to the Vale?
4. What does Flick think is strange about the friendship between Shea and Menion?
5. What gift did Allanor leave for Shea, and what is it to be used for?
6. What does Balinor tell Shea about Allanon?
7. What does Flick make to protect the travelers in the heavy mist in the Black Oaks?
8. What helps the group maintain their will as they travel through the Hall of the Kings?
9. What does Shea say when he hears the history of the Sword of Shannara, and how does Allanon respond to this?
10. What news does Allanor bring to Balinor when the brothers first get to Anar?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)