|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What protected the group against the Banshees?
(b) Protective chants.
(c) Healing herbs.
(d) Ear plugs.
2. What is the name of the lake reached shortly after Shea and Flick are healed?
3. What do the brothers find when they go to Allanor's room after dinner?
(a) He has left.
(b) The room is a mess.
(c) He is dead.
(d) There is another man staying there.
4. Where does Allanon say he will lead the group as he has been through it before alive?
(a) The Pass of Terror.
(b) The Skull King's Lair.
(c) The Hall of the Kings.
(d) The Caverns of the Past.
5. Who does Menion say will be the best protection for Shea?
(b) The Dwarves.
(d) The Army of Leah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did Allanor give the brothers?
2. What does Flick's father own?
3. What does the Dwarf who saves Menion call him?
4. What direction from the inn is Anar?
5. Who is with Balinor when Shea wakes after his first pleasant dreams in a week?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Balinor suggest getting through the pass of Jade?
2. Why does the stranger at the beginning of the book say he has come to the Vale?
3. Why does Flick not like Menion Leah?
4. What does Shea remember about his childhood?
5. How do Flick and Shea both get injured for the first time?
6. How is Flick described at the beginning of the book?
7. What news does Allanor bring to Balinor when the brothers first get to Anar?
8. How does Allanon learn about Shea's fate after they leave the Hall of the Kings?
9. What does the stranger say about the shadow flying overhead, and how does Flick respond to this?
10. What does Flick see when he is standing guard outside Shea's room?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)