|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Allanor tell the brothers to flee to in a note to them?
2. What protected the group against the Banshees?
(a) Healing herbs.
(c) Protective chants.
(d) Ear plugs.
3. What kind of creature is Menion Leah?
4. What kind of creature was Bremen?
5. What does the stranger tell Flick to do after listening to some of his stories?
(a) To tell him the truth.
(b) To be quiet.
(c) To stop for the night.
(d) To hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Allanon say he will lead the group as he has been through it before alive?
2. What is the beautiful girl by the tree doing when Menion sees her?
3. How many shots did it take for Menion to hit a piece of a bridge 150 yards away from him?
4. What does Allanor say showed him that the brothers had to leave Shady Vale?
5. What does Allanon decide to mark the correct way with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flick make to protect the travelers in the heavy mist in the Black Oaks?
2. How is Flick described at the beginning of the book?
3. What news does Allanor bring to Balinor when the brothers first get to Anar?
4. What happens when the group enters the Dragon's Crease?
5. What does Menion realize about himself as he is about to shoot a gnome, and what does this cause him to do?
6. What helps the group maintain their will as they travel through the Hall of the Kings?
7. What does Flick see when he is standing guard outside Shea's room?
8. Why does Flick not like Menion Leah?
9. How does Allanon learn about Shea's fate after they leave the Hall of the Kings?
10. What does Shea say when he hears the history of the Sword of Shannara, and how does Allanon respond to this?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)