|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dwarf who saves Menion call him?
(a) A fool.
(b) An idiot.
(c) A very lucky man.
(d) A human.
2. Who fought with the Dwarves in the second great war?
(a) The Gnomes.
(b) The Trolls.
(c) The Elves.
(d) The Humans.
3. What did Allanon say the group must do before entering the path to Paranon?
(a) Recite their plan of attack.
(b) Tie themselves together.
(c) Practice a healing chant.
(d) Say a prayer.
4. What do the scouts near the mountains do to drive the group into the trap?
(a) Command the wolves to attack.
(b) Set the forest on fire.
(c) Cast a spell.
(d) Attack from the air.
5. What protected the group against the Sphynxes?
(b) Ear plugs.
(c) Protective chants.
(d) Healing herbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger tell Flick to do after listening to some of his stories?
2. What does the stranger in the woods NOT do while traveling with Flick?
3. What gift did Allanor give the brothers?
4. What happens for 10 days after Allanor leaves a letter for the brothers?
5. Whose body was thought to be found in the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shea remember about his childhood?
2. What are Stores?
3. What does Flick make to protect the travelers in the heavy mist in the Black Oaks?
4. What helps the group maintain their will as they travel through the Hall of the Kings?
5. How is Flick described at the beginning of the book?
6. How does Shea respond when he hears the bad new Allanor brings, and how does Allanon feel about this?
7. Why does the stranger at the beginning of the book say he has come to the Vale?
8. What happens when the group enters the Dragon's Crease?
9. What is the history of the Sword of Shannara?
10. How does Balinor suggest getting through the pass of Jade?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)