|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flick's brother resemble?
(a) An Elf.
(b) A Human.
(c) A Dwarf.
(d) A Druid.
2. What does Menion want to pass through to get to Anar?
(a) The Black Oaks.
(b) The Westing Forest.
(c) The Caverns of Opse.
(d) The Silver River.
3. What does Allanor say showed him that the brothers had to leave Shady Vale?
(a) The message of the Druids.
(b) The Sign of the Skull.
(c) The bond of the brothers.
(d) The turning of the moon.
4. What is the name of Flick's brother?
5. What does Allanon decide to mark the correct way with?
(a) Skull marks.
(b) Heart shaped rocks.
(c) Puffs of cloud.
(d) White cloths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flick say when Allanon tries to keep him from hearing his conversation with Shea?
2. What does the stranger tell Flick to do after listening to some of his stories?
3. What is Menion Leah's title?
4. What does Allanon say will end the isolation of the humans?
5. Why was Allanor the only one who could approach the lake that was reached after Shea and Flick were healed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the trap door in Tyrsis is found?
2. What does Flick make to protect the travelers in the heavy mist in the Black Oaks?
3. What does Menion know about Palance when he arrives at Tyrsis and why?
4. What does Shea say when he hears the history of the Sword of Shannara, and how does Allanon respond to this?
5. What are the Skull Bearers?
6. Why is Shea unable to get to Fane when they see him by the North Wall?
7. What happens as Balinor begins to despair the fate of his men?
8. Why is it so important that the Elf King is found and returned to his Kingdom?
9. Why did Palance place Balinor in prison when he arrived in Callahorn?
10. How do Flick and Shea both get injured for the first time?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)