|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What draws the Skull Bearer away when the brothers are heading towards the river?
(a) A blowing horn.
(b) A howling wolf.
(c) A flashing light.
(d) A distant call.
2. How did Flick feel when he saw something flying overhead while walking with the stranger?
3. Why is the Dwarf with Allanon given the task of leading the group?
(a) He knows the area the best.
(b) He drew the shortest straw.
(c) Balinor trusts him more than the rest.
(d) Allanon saw him leading in a dream.
4. What does Flick say when Allanon tries to keep him from hearing his conversation with Shea?
(a) This is my home.
(b) No secrets belong there.
(c) He will tell me later.
(d) Brothers stick together.
5. When are the brothers instructed to use the gifts from Allanon?
(a) When they need information.
(b) When they are lost.
(c) When they miss home.
(d) When they are in grave danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the brothers find when they go to Allanor's room after dinner?
2. Whose body was thought to be found in the forest?
3. What direction are most of the strange things in Shady Vale coming from?
4. What did Brona's followers call him?
5. What direction from the inn is Anar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift did Allanor leave for Shea, and what is it to be used for?
2. Why does Flick not like Menion Leah?
3. What does Flick think is strange about the friendship between Shea and Menion?
4. What is the history of the Sword of Shannara?
5. What does Menion realize about himself as he is about to shoot a gnome, and what does this cause him to do?
6. What helps the group maintain their will as they travel through the Hall of the Kings?
7. Why does Allanon say it is important for Shea to understand the history of the Sword of Shannara?
8. What does Balinor say when he arrives at the inn?
9. What are Stores?
10. How does Balinor suggest getting through the pass of Jade?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)