|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger tell Flick to do after listening to some of his stories?
(a) To be quiet.
(b) To hide.
(c) To stop for the night.
(d) To tell him the truth.
2. What kind of creature was Jerle?
3. What is the dark stranger in the woods wearing when he approaches Flick?
(a) A veil.
(b) A cape.
(c) A turban.
(d) A cowl.
4. Where does Allanor tell the brothers to flee to in a note to them?
5. What does Flick say when Allanon tries to keep him from hearing his conversation with Shea?
(a) Brothers stick together.
(b) He will tell me later.
(c) No secrets belong there.
(d) This is my home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the beautiful girl by the tree?
2. What does the stranger in the woods say he wants from Flick?
3. What does Allanor say showed him that the brothers had to leave Shady Vale?
4. Who does Allanor say will help the brothers when they flee?
5. Who does Menion say he is suspicious of as they begin their journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the stranger at the beginning of the book say he has come to the Vale?
2. What does Flick see when he is standing guard outside Shea's room?
3. How does Balinor suggest getting through the pass of Jade?
4. How do Flick and Shea both get injured for the first time?
5. Why does Allanon say it is important for Shea to understand the history of the Sword of Shannara?
6. What happens when the group gets to the Druid's Keep?
7. What helps the group maintain their will as they travel through the Hall of the Kings?
8. What does Flick make to protect the travelers in the heavy mist in the Black Oaks?
9. Who does the stranger at the beginning of the book say he is, and how does Flick's family respond to this?
10. What does Menion realize about himself as he is about to shoot a gnome, and what does this cause him to do?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)