|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What protected the group against the Banshees?
(b) Healing herbs.
(c) Protective chants.
(d) Ear plugs.
2. What sends the Skullbearer away from the forest where the brothers are sleeping?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A wolf howling.
3. Where do the Elves mostly live?
(a) The Eastlands.
(b) The Southlands.
(c) The Northlands.
(d) The Westlands.
4. What does Flick say when he sees Menion is gone?
(a) "He can manage on his own."
(b) "Maybe we are better off."
(c) "He always shows up."
(d) "He probably left on purpose."
5. What does the stranger in the woods say he wants from Flick?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the creature in the pre-war city attack?
2. What does Allanon say will end the isolation of the humans?
3. What makes Menion go numb when he is attacked while approaching the beautiful girl by the tree?
4. What is the name of the lake reached shortly after Shea and Flick are healed?
5. What is the name of the Dwarf that travels with Allanon on the journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Allanon learn about Shea's fate after they leave the Hall of the Kings?
2. Why does Allanon say it is important for Shea to understand the history of the Sword of Shannara?
3. Why does Flick not like Menion Leah?
4. What does Creel allow Shea to do after meeting the Skull Bearer at Paranor?
5. How does Keltset die?
6. What does Balinor think will happen if Tyrsis falls to the Gnome army?
7. What does Menion realize about himself as he is about to shoot a gnome, and what does this cause him to do?
8. What does Keltset do when Rock Trolls surround the group at dusk?
9. What does Shea notice as they trudge along after defeating the Marsh Wraith?
10. What happens when the group enters the Dragon's Crease?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)