|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the creature in the pre-war city attack?
2. When are the brothers instructed to use the gifts from Allanon?
(a) When they need information.
(b) When they miss home.
(c) When they are lost.
(d) When they are in grave danger.
3. What is the dark stranger in the woods wearing when he approaches Flick?
(a) A turban.
(b) A cape.
(c) A cowl.
(d) A veil.
4. What does Allanon decide to mark the correct way with?
(a) Heart shaped rocks.
(b) White cloths.
(c) Skull marks.
(d) Puffs of cloud.
5. Who does Allanor say will help the brothers when they flee?
6. What protected the group against the Sphynxes?
(a) Ear plugs.
(b) Protective chants.
(d) Healing herbs.
7. What is the name of the lake reached shortly after Shea and Flick are healed?
8. What does the stranger in the woods NOT do while traveling with Flick?
(a) Talk about himself.
(b) Warn Flick of danger.
(c) Listen to Flick.
(d) Keep an eye on the surroundings.
9. Whose body was thought to be found in the forest?
10. Where do the humans mostly stay?
(a) The Southlands.
(b) The Westlands.
(c) The Eastlands.
(d) The Northlands.
11. What does Allanon say will end the isolation of the humans?
(a) Another quake.
(b) Their loss of food supply.
(c) Another war.
12. What would happen to the group if they were not protected against the Sphynxes?
(a) They would lose their sense of loyalty.
(b) They would turn to stone.
(c) They would go insane.
(d) They would become blind.
13. What did Allanon say the group must do before entering the path to Paranon?
(a) Say a prayer.
(b) Practice a healing chant.
(c) Tie themselves together.
(d) Recite their plan of attack.
14. What do the brothers find when they go to Allanor's room after dinner?
(a) He has left.
(b) He is dead.
(c) The room is a mess.
(d) There is another man staying there.
15. What does Shea beg of Menion and Flick as they set out on the journey?
(a) That they respect his wishes.
(b) That they trust Allanor.
(c) That they stay quiet.
(d) That they get along.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many elves travel with Allanon on the journey?
2. What does the Dwarf who saves Menion call him?
3. What kind of scouts spot the group as they approach the mountains?
4. What does Flick say when he sees Menion is gone?
5. What draws the Skull Bearer away when the brothers are heading towards the river?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)