|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Menion say will be the best protection for Shea?
(a) The Dwarves.
(c) The Army of Leah.
2. What is heard near the pass of Jade?
(c) Beating drums.
(d) Windy corridors.
3. What is the beautiful girl by the tree doing when Menion sees her?
4. Where does Allanor tell the brothers to flee to in a note to them?
5. What does Allanon say will end the isolation of the humans?
(a) Another war.
(c) Another quake.
(d) Their loss of food supply.
6. What would happen to the group if they were not protected against the Sphynxes?
(a) They would lose their sense of loyalty.
(b) They would go insane.
(c) They would turn to stone.
(d) They would become blind.
7. What does Flick say when he sees Menion is gone?
(a) "He always shows up."
(b) "He can manage on his own."
(c) "Maybe we are better off."
(d) "He probably left on purpose."
8. What does Allanon decide to mark the correct way with?
(a) White cloths.
(b) Heart shaped rocks.
(c) Skull marks.
(d) Puffs of cloud.
9. What does Shea beg of Menion and Flick as they set out on the journey?
(a) That they get along.
(b) That they respect his wishes.
(c) That they stay quiet.
(d) That they trust Allanor.
10. What kind of creature was Jerle?
11. What protected the group against the Banshees?
(a) Healing herbs.
(b) Ear plugs.
(c) Protective chants.
12. What does the stranger in the woods say he wants from Flick?
13. What do the scouts near the mountains do to drive the group into the trap?
(a) Attack from the air.
(b) Command the wolves to attack.
(c) Cast a spell.
(d) Set the forest on fire.
14. What does Flick like to hear as he travels?
15. What is the name of the Dwarf that travels with Allanon on the journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flick's brother resemble?
2. What draws the Skull Bearer away when the brothers are heading towards the river?
3. What makes the first few days traveling with Menion depressing to the brothers?
4. What direction from the inn is Anar?
5. How does Shea feel when he wakes up away from the Marsh?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)