|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Flick's father?
2. Who does Allanor say will help the brothers when they flee?
3. What does the Dwarf who saves Menion call him?
(a) A fool.
(b) An idiot.
(c) A human.
(d) A very lucky man.
4. Why was Allanor the only one who could approach the lake that was reached after Shea and Flick were healed?
(a) Only those with children could approach it.
(b) Only immortals could approach it.
(c) Only those pure in heart could approach it.
(d) Only those with magic could approach it.
5. What makes Menion go numb when he is attacked while approaching the beautiful girl by the tree?
(a) The rope at his waist.
(b) His lack of sleep.
(c) The tree needles.
(d) A poison on the arrows.
6. How does Menion try to meet up with the brothers again?
(a) He tracks their movement.
(b) He uses a seeing stone.
(c) He follows the Skull Bearers.
(d) He goes to where he thinks Balinor might be.
7. Whose body was thought to be found in the forest?
8. What direction are most of the strange things in Shady Vale coming from?
(a) The East.
(b) The West.
(c) The South.
(d) The North.
9. What is heard near the pass of Jade?
(b) Beating drums.
(d) Windy corridors.
10. What makes the first few days traveling with Menion depressing to the brothers?
(a) Menion's silence.
(b) The unfamiliar territory.
(c) The rain.
(d) Their aching feet.
11. What rises from the lake reached after Shea is healed to speak to Allanor?
(a) A spirit.
(b) A siren.
(c) A shade.
(d) A nymph.
12. What do the scouts near the mountains do to drive the group into the trap?
(a) Set the forest on fire.
(b) Attack from the air.
(c) Cast a spell.
(d) Command the wolves to attack.
13. What draws the Skull Bearer away when the brothers are heading towards the river?
(a) A flashing light.
(b) A blowing horn.
(c) A howling wolf.
(d) A distant call.
14. Who fought with the Dwarves in the second great war?
(a) The Elves.
(b) The Trolls.
(c) The Gnomes.
(d) The Humans.
15. What is the name of the lake reached shortly after Shea and Flick are healed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Menion admit to the brothers on their fifth day of traveling?
2. What caused the humans to isolate themselves?
3. What does Shea beg of Menion and Flick as they set out on the journey?
4. What do the brothers find when they go to Allanor's room after dinner?
5. What kind of government does Shea not approve of?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)