|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes a rope across the bridge to secure it well?
2. What is the name of Flick's brother?
3. When are the brothers instructed to use the gifts from Allanon?
(a) When they miss home.
(b) When they are in grave danger.
(c) When they need information.
(d) When they are lost.
4. What is heard near the pass of Jade?
(a) Beating drums.
(d) Windy corridors.
5. What does Flick like to hear as he travels?
6. What is the name of Flick's father?
7. What do the scouts near the mountains do to drive the group into the trap?
(a) Attack from the air.
(b) Cast a spell.
(c) Set the forest on fire.
(d) Command the wolves to attack.
8. What does the stranger in the woods NOT do while traveling with Flick?
(a) Talk about himself.
(b) Warn Flick of danger.
(c) Listen to Flick.
(d) Keep an eye on the surroundings.
9. What direction are most of the strange things in Shady Vale coming from?
(a) The East.
(b) The South.
(c) The North.
(d) The West.
10. What does the Dwarf who saves Menion call him?
(a) A very lucky man.
(b) An idiot.
(c) A human.
(d) A fool.
11. What protected the group against the Sphynxes?
(a) Healing herbs.
(b) Ear plugs.
(c) Protective chants.
12. What protected the group against the Banshees?
(a) Ear plugs.
(b) Healing herbs.
(c) Protective chants.
13. Who does Allanor say will help the brothers when they flee?
14. Why was Allanor the only one who could approach the lake that was reached after Shea and Flick were healed?
(a) Only those with children could approach it.
(b) Only those with magic could approach it.
(c) Only immortals could approach it.
(d) Only those pure in heart could approach it.
15. What does Flick say as they enter the Black Oaks?
(a) "I'm ready to be lost."
(b) "Here we go again."
(c) "I will follow Shea anywhere."
(d) "Will we ever learn?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Elves mostly live?
2. What kind of land formation was called the Dragon's Teeth?
3. What makes the first few days traveling with Menion depressing to the brothers?
4. How did Flick feel when he saw something flying overhead while walking with the stranger?
5. What is the name of the lake reached shortly after Shea and Flick are healed?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)