|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of creature was Jerle?
2. Why does Flick not like Menion Leah?
(a) He got them lost once.
(b) He is hard to understand.
(c) He is rude to Flick.
(d) He is condescending.
3. What does Flick say when Allanon tries to keep him from hearing his conversation with Shea?
(a) Brothers stick together.
(b) This is my home.
(c) He will tell me later.
(d) No secrets belong there.
4. What does Flick's father own?
(a) A pub.
(b) A mine.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) An inn.
5. What is the name of the river the brothers head towards after waking up outside of the Marsh?
(a) Silver River.
(b) Copper River.
(c) Bronze River.
(d) Gold River.
6. Which of the following creatures has NOT evolved much over the last 1,000 years?
7. How long before this book began had the Border Legion been created?
(a) 2,000 years.
(b) 1,000 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 1,500 years.
8. What did Brona's followers call him?
(b) All Powerful.
9. What does the stranger in the woods say he wants from Flick?
10. What does Menion want to pass through to get to Anar?
(a) The Caverns of Opse.
(b) The Black Oaks.
(c) The Westing Forest.
(d) The Silver River.
11. How did Flick feel when he saw something flying overhead while walking with the stranger?
12. What does Flick say as they enter the Black Oaks?
(a) "Here we go again."
(b) "I will follow Shea anywhere."
(c) "I'm ready to be lost."
(d) "Will we ever learn?"
13. What does the Dwarf who saves Menion call him?
(a) A human.
(b) An idiot.
(c) A very lucky man.
(d) A fool.
14. What is the dark stranger in the woods wearing when he approaches Flick?
(a) A cowl.
(b) A cape.
(c) A turban.
(d) A veil.
15. What makes the first few days traveling with Menion depressing to the brothers?
(a) Menion's silence.
(b) Their aching feet.
(c) The rain.
(d) The unfamiliar territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sends the Skullbearer away from the forest where the brothers are sleeping?
2. What rises from the lake reached after Shea is healed to speak to Allanor?
3. What caused the humans to isolate themselves?
4. What direction from the inn is Anar?
5. What direction are most of the strange things in Shady Vale coming from?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)