|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Menion say he is suspicious of as they begin their journey?
2. Who fought with the Dwarves in the second great war?
(a) The Trolls.
(b) The Gnomes.
(c) The Elves.
(d) The Humans.
3. What draws the Skull Bearer away when the brothers are heading towards the river?
(a) A flashing light.
(b) A distant call.
(c) A blowing horn.
(d) A howling wolf.
4. What kind of creature was Bremen?
5. What sends the Skullbearer away from the forest where the brothers are sleeping?
(a) An eagle.
(b) The sun.
(c) A wolf howling.
(d) The moon.
6. What does Menion want to pass through to get to Anar?
(a) The Caverns of Opse.
(b) The Westing Forest.
(c) The Silver River.
(d) The Black Oaks.
7. What does Flick's brother resemble?
(a) A Human.
(b) An Elf.
(c) A Druid.
(d) A Dwarf.
8. What is the name of the Dwarf that travels with Allanon on the journey?
9. What kind of creature was Jerle?
10. What does the Dwarf who saves Menion call him?
(a) An idiot.
(b) A human.
(c) A fool.
(d) A very lucky man.
11. How does Shea feel when he wakes up away from the Marsh?
12. What gift did Allanor give the brothers?
13. Why was Allanor the only one who could approach the lake that was reached after Shea and Flick were healed?
(a) Only immortals could approach it.
(b) Only those with children could approach it.
(c) Only those pure in heart could approach it.
(d) Only those with magic could approach it.
14. How many shots did it take for Menion to hit a piece of a bridge 150 yards away from him?
15. What does the stranger tell Flick to do after listening to some of his stories?
(a) To hide.
(b) To stop for the night.
(c) To be quiet.
(d) To tell him the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Allanor tell the brothers to flee to in a note to them?
2. What kind of creatures are guarding the pass of Jade?
3. What is the name of Flick's brother?
4. What do the scouts near the mountains do to drive the group into the trap?
5. What rises from the lake reached after Shea is healed to speak to Allanor?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)