|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Flick feel when he saw something flying overhead while walking with the stranger?
2. What kind of government does Shea not approve of?
3. What is the name of the lake reached shortly after Shea and Flick are healed?
4. What does the stranger in the woods say he wants from Flick?
5. What is Menion Leah's title?
6. What does Flick's father own?
(a) A pub.
(b) A mine.
(c) An inn.
(d) A restaurant.
7. What do the brothers find when they go to Allanor's room after dinner?
(a) There is another man staying there.
(b) He has left.
(c) The room is a mess.
(d) He is dead.
8. Whose body was thought to be found in the forest?
9. What does Shea beg of Menion and Flick as they set out on the journey?
(a) That they stay quiet.
(b) That they respect his wishes.
(c) That they trust Allanor.
(d) That they get along.
10. Who is with Balinor when Shea wakes after his first pleasant dreams in a week?
(d) His parents.
11. What draws the Skull Bearer away when the brothers are heading towards the river?
(a) A blowing horn.
(b) A distant call.
(c) A howling wolf.
(d) A flashing light.
12. When are the brothers instructed to use the gifts from Allanon?
(a) When they need information.
(b) When they are in grave danger.
(c) When they miss home.
(d) When they are lost.
13. What does Allanor say showed him that the brothers had to leave Shady Vale?
(a) The message of the Druids.
(b) The bond of the brothers.
(c) The Sign of the Skull.
(d) The turning of the moon.
14. How does Menion try to meet up with the brothers again?
(a) He follows the Skull Bearers.
(b) He uses a seeing stone.
(c) He goes to where he thinks Balinor might be.
(d) He tracks their movement.
15. What does Flick say as they enter the Black Oaks?
(a) "I'm ready to be lost."
(b) "Will we ever learn?"
(c) "I will follow Shea anywhere."
(d) "Here we go again."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flick's brother resemble?
2. Where does Allanor tell the brothers to flee to in a note to them?
3. Who takes a rope across the bridge to secure it well?
4. What kind of creatures are guarding the pass of Jade?
5. What is heard near the pass of Jade?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)