|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shots did it take for Menion to hit a piece of a bridge 150 yards away from him?
2. What do the scouts near the mountains do to drive the group into the trap?
(a) Command the wolves to attack.
(b) Cast a spell.
(c) Set the forest on fire.
(d) Attack from the air.
3. When are the brothers instructed to use the gifts from Allanon?
(a) When they need information.
(b) When they are lost.
(c) When they are in grave danger.
(d) When they miss home.
4. What would happen to the group if they were not protected against the Sphynxes?
(a) They would go insane.
(b) They would lose their sense of loyalty.
(c) They would become blind.
(d) They would turn to stone.
5. What is the name of Flick's brother?
6. Who does Menion say he is suspicious of as they begin their journey?
7. What does Flick like to hear as he travels?
8. Who is with Balinor when Shea wakes after his first pleasant dreams in a week?
(d) His parents.
9. What is the name of the first forest the brothers come to on their journey to Anar?
10. What kind of government does Shea not approve of?
11. What happens for 10 days after Allanor leaves a letter for the brothers?
(a) The wind blows.
(b) It is hot and sunny.
(c) It rains.
(d) It snows.
12. How does Shea know Menion Leah?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They worked together.
13. How long before this book began had the Border Legion been created?
(a) 1,000 years.
(b) 2,000 years.
(c) 1,500 years.
(d) 500 years.
14. Who does the creature in the pre-war city attack?
15. What does Shea beg of Menion and Flick as they set out on the journey?
(a) That they stay quiet.
(b) That they get along.
(c) That they trust Allanor.
(d) That they respect his wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Flick's home town?
2. What did Brona's followers call him?
3. What was the beautiful girl by the tree?
4. How did Flick feel when he saw something flying overhead while walking with the stranger?
5. What caused the humans to isolate themselves?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)