|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of creature is Menion Leah?
2. Where do the humans mostly stay?
(a) The Eastlands.
(b) The Westlands.
(c) The Southlands.
(d) The Northlands.
3. What do the brothers find when they go to Allanor's room after dinner?
(a) The room is a mess.
(b) He has left.
(c) He is dead.
(d) There is another man staying there.
4. Which of the following creatures has NOT evolved much over the last 1,000 years?
5. What was the beautiful girl by the tree?
(a) A witch.
(b) A nymph.
(c) A siren.
(d) A fairy.
6. What sends the Skullbearer away from the forest where the brothers are sleeping?
(a) A wolf howling.
(b) An eagle.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
7. What is heard near the pass of Jade?
(b) Beating drums.
(c) Windy corridors.
8. What does Flick like to hear as he travels?
9. Why does Menion agree to guide the brothers to Anar?
(a) He loves an adventure.
(b) He cares about Shea and his safety.
(c) All of these.
(d) He is intrigued by the sword.
10. What does Allanon say will end the isolation of the humans?
(a) Their loss of food supply.
(b) Another quake.
(d) Another war.
11. What is the dark stranger in the woods wearing when he approaches Flick?
(a) A cowl.
(b) A veil.
(c) A turban.
(d) A cape.
12. What is the name of the lake reached shortly after Shea and Flick are healed?
13. How does Shea know Menion Leah?
(a) They worked together.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They are cousins.
14. What caused the humans to isolate themselves?
(a) The Great Sickness.
(b) The Great Quake.
(c) The Great Wars.
(d) The Great Drought.
15. Why was Allanor the only one who could approach the lake that was reached after Shea and Flick were healed?
(a) Only those pure in heart could approach it.
(b) Only those with children could approach it.
(c) Only immortals could approach it.
(d) Only those with magic could approach it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What protected the group against the Banshees?
2. Where does Allanon say he will lead the group as he has been through it before alive?
3. What does Flick's brother resemble?
4. Who fought with the Dwarves in the second great war?
5. What kind of creatures are guarding the pass of Jade?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)