|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shea beg of Menion and Flick as they set out on the journey?
(a) That they stay quiet.
(b) That they trust Allanor.
(c) That they get along.
(d) That they respect his wishes.
2. How did Flick feel when he saw something flying overhead while walking with the stranger?
3. What kind of government does Shea not approve of?
4. What did Allanon say the group must do before entering the path to Paranon?
(a) Practice a healing chant.
(b) Say a prayer.
(c) Recite their plan of attack.
(d) Tie themselves together.
5. What happens for 10 days after Allanor leaves a letter for the brothers?
(a) It rains.
(b) It is hot and sunny.
(c) It snows.
(d) The wind blows.
6. What does Flick say when he sees Menion is gone?
(a) "Maybe we are better off."
(b) "He can manage on his own."
(c) "He always shows up."
(d) "He probably left on purpose."
7. Why is the Dwarf with Allanon given the task of leading the group?
(a) He drew the shortest straw.
(b) He knows the area the best.
(c) Allanon saw him leading in a dream.
(d) Balinor trusts him more than the rest.
8. What makes the first few days traveling with Menion depressing to the brothers?
(a) Menion's silence.
(b) The rain.
(c) The unfamiliar territory.
(d) Their aching feet.
9. Who is with Balinor when Shea wakes after his first pleasant dreams in a week?
(c) His parents.
10. What is the name of Flick's brother?
11. What does Menion admit to the brothers on their fifth day of traveling?
(a) He is out of food.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is lost.
(d) He is sick.
12. Why was Allanor the only one who could approach the lake that was reached after Shea and Flick were healed?
(a) Only those with children could approach it.
(b) Only those pure in heart could approach it.
(c) Only immortals could approach it.
(d) Only those with magic could approach it.
13. Which of the following creatures has NOT evolved much over the last 1,000 years?
14. What is the name of the first forest the brothers come to on their journey to Anar?
15. What does Allanon say will end the isolation of the humans?
(a) Their loss of food supply.
(b) Another quake.
(d) Another war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What protected the group against the Banshees?
2. What is heard near the pass of Jade?
3. Why does Flick not like Menion Leah?
4. What does Menion want to pass through to get to Anar?
5. Who takes a rope across the bridge to secure it well?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)