|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aubrey offer during the planning of the mission?
(a) Knowledge about a back way into Grisholm from a sea cave.
(b) His own sword for Maturin to use as part of his "uniform."
(c) Advice on how Maturin should dress when approaching Grisholm.
(d) A toast to success.
2. What do the Ariel and Humbug do cooperatively?
(a) Heave the Minnie off the mud flat.
(b) Install a new mail sail on the Minnie.
(c) Repairs the hole in Minnie's hull from the underground reef.
(d) Capture the Minnie and straigten out her sails.
3. What does Maturin think would happen to an unfamiliar warship approaching Grimsholm?
(a) It would arouse suspicians.
(b) It would be fired upon.
(c) It would put the Grimsholm soldiers on high alert.
(d) He is not sure what would happen.
4. How does Blaine brief Maturin about the meeting with the commander of Grimsholm?
(a) He does not brief Maturin at all.
(b) Blaine briefs Maturin rather extensively.
(c) He has Maturin read the intelligence Blaine has received.
(d) Just a few observations.
5. With whose fleet does the Ariel rendezvous?
(a) Admiral Hornblower.
(b) Admiral Sir Drake.
(c) Admiral Lord Nelson.
(d) Admiral Sir James Saumarez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey call the view from the crow's nest?
2. How accurate is Maturin's watch?
3. Where do the transports loaded with Catalan troops go?
4. What does Maturin suggest?
5. Why is celestial navigation out of the question?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what does Maturin hint when Aubrey expresses his desire to be at sea?
2. How does the Ariel slow the Médusae down enough for the HMS Jason to catch the Médusae?
3. Briefly describe the Ariel, the ship of which Aubrey assumes command.
4. Describe the guest Swedish officer, Jagiello, who is onboard the Ariel.
5. How does the Minnie complete her mission?
6. What does Ariel do after leaving Grisholm?
7. Briefly describe Ariel's Senior Lieutenant, Hyde.
8. Who does the Ariel encounter and what does Aubrey decide to do?
9. How does Lieutenant Grant slander Aubrey's name even further?
10. What is the emergency to which Aubrey awakens?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)