|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the approximate crew capacity of the Ariel?
(a) About 112-120 men.
(b) About 25-40.
(c) About 50-75.
(d) About 270-300.
2. What does Pellworm say about the voyage?
(a) That they should turn back.
(b) That they should pull into a quiety bay and wait for a few days.
(c) That it is doomed.
(d) That they should go forward as fast as possible.
3. What does Aubrey call the view from the crow's nest?
(a) Blink out.
(b) God's blink.
(c) Day blink.
(d) God's eye.
4. Who leads the forces at Grimsholm?
(a) Casanova de la Illia.
(b) The Duke of Casaromana.
(c) Ramon d'Ullastreti Casademon.
(d) Ramon Casanova.
5. Why is celestial navigation out of the question?
(a) Their navigator died while at Grimsholm.
(b) The charts for extrapolation were lost overboard in the last fight.
(c) They do not have a sextant.
(d) Overcast skies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey offer during the planning of the mission?
2. Who is waiting to greet the crew of the Ariel as they come ashore?
3. How is Hyde as a sailor and officer?
4. What happens as Aubrey is trying to get the Ariel away from The Thatcher?
5. What do Maturin and Jagiello do one foggy morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what does Maturin hint when Aubrey expresses his desire to be at sea?
2. Briefly describe Ariel's Senior Lieutenant, Hyde.
3. Briefly describe the Ariel, the ship of which Aubrey assumes command.
4. Why is Hyde cutting Jagiello's meat and what happens at dinner one evening when Hyde does so?
5. What does Ariel do after leaving Grisholm?
6. What transpires in the meeting between Sir Joseph Blaine and Maturin?
7. What are a couple ill omens that Aubrey experiences that gives him the jitters?
8. Who is Pellworm; what does he predict and what is the first thing that happens that seem to prove his prediction to be true?
9. What is the result of the meeting between Maturin and his Godfather?
10. What does Aubrey give a technical discussion of and how does he replace the broken chronometer?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)