|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls upon Aubrey shortly after he arrives home?
(a) Representatives of Kimber.
(b) Aubrey's lawyer.
(c) Aubrey's mother.
2. What happens to the crew on that schooner?
(a) They save the ship eventually and limp back to Boston.
(b) They sink with their ship and drown.
(c) They are hung as mutineers.
(d) It is rescued by the other allowing the English packet to escape.
3. What happens to the original communiqué Broke writes about the Shannon's encounter?
(a) It is sent on a fast packet to England.
(b) It is given into Maturin's keeping.
(c) It is kept for the next frigate that docks.
(d) It is given into Aubrey's keeping.
4. What ship are Aubrey, Maturin and Villiers aboard?
(a) HMS Elizabeth.
(b) HMS Java.
(c) HMS Leopard.
(d) HMS Shannon.
5. What is spreading like wildfire in the town where Shannon is docking?
(a) News of the end of the war.
(b) News of the HMS Shannon's victory.
(c) The flu.
(d) The plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do men comment concerning Villiers?
2. Who is Beck?
3. Why does Aubrey travel to London?
4. Who is Mrs. Williams?
5. In what type of work has Maturin been recently engaged?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Diana Villiers.
2. Who pursues the Diligence and what is the outcome?
3. Describe the meeting and interaction between Aubrey and Amanda Smith.
4. Where does the Diligence arrive and what is the atmosphere of the town?
5. How do Aubrey, Maturin and Villiers each act once aboard the Diligence?
6. Where do Maturin and Villiers travel and what do they do?
7. What do Maturin and Villiers think about Aubrey's behavior with Smith?
8. How are the HMS Shannon's crew and passengers greeted in Halifax?
9. Describe Amanda Smith.
10. What did the British intelligence want Maturin to do and why do they no longer need him for the assignment?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)