|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Smith find Aubrey to be?
(c) Easily seduced and socially important.
2. About what do men comment concerning Villiers?
(a) Her tendency to flitter about.
(b) Her reluctance to engage in social conversation.
(c) Her exceptional beauty.
(d) Her sad countenance.
3. How does Aubrey feel about being back at sea?
(a) He feels ok but his arm is still useless so it reminds him that he may never captain again.
(b) He is not too happy being on such a tiny vessel on the open seas.
(c) He wanted to stay in Canada longer and court Smith but his orders were to return to England.
(d) He is glad to be away from Smith.
4. How does Aubrey act at the ball?
(a) Socially competent but not interested in the talk.
5. What does Maturin ask Villiers?
(a) To take a letter to a colleague in Brazil.
(b) To keep quiet about his activities in America.
(c) To take a letter to a colleague in England.
(d) To marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mail that arrives confirm?
2. Who calls upon Aubrey shortly after he arrives home?
3. What does the town do when the Shannon arrives?
4. What is the Diligence?
5. With what is Aubrey threatened?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sophie Aubrey.
2. What battle did Aubrey recently participate in and what was the outcome?
3. Describe Jack Aubrey.
4. What happens in the encounter between Aubrey and several businessmen who call upon him?
5. What is Aubrey's homecoming like?
6. What did the British intelligence want Maturin to do and why do they no longer need him for the assignment?
7. What is the first thing Aubrey does upon arriving back in England?
8. Where does the Diligence arrive and what is the atmosphere of the town?
9. How does Maturin pass the time at the ball?
10. What business does Maturin take care of while in Halifax?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)