|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maturin greet?
(a) His godfather's son.
(b) His godfather's daughter.
(c) His godfather.
(d) His cousin.
2. What is Jagiello's most prominent feature?
(a) A scarred face from a ship fire.
(b) His overwhelming beauty and enormous sex appeal.
(c) His huge nose.
(d) One arm is missing.
3. What does the fortress garrison decide?
(a) To let Maturin go but to stay loyal to the French.
(b) To pretend friendship to lure the Ariel in close.
(c) To hold Maturin hostage.
(d) To defect to the British cause.
4. What does Pellworm say about the voyage?
(a) That it is doomed.
(b) That they should go forward as fast as possible.
(c) That they should pull into a quiety bay and wait for a few days.
(d) That they should turn back.
5. What happens when the Minnie is chased as planned?
(a) It is fired upon and damaged badly.
(b) It is fired upon and sunk.
(c) It is fired upon and turns and flees.
(d) It makes dock without drawing hostile fire.
6. What does Aubrey feel a few hours later?
(a) That they are missing something in their planning.
(b) Ill as if he were poisoned.
(c) He has a massive headache.
(d) A premonition of disaster.
7. How does Maturin prepare for his mission to Grimsholm?
(a) Rather casually.
(b) With minute planning.
(c) With intensive study.
(d) He does not attempt to prepare in the least.
8. What is the Ariel?
(a) The ship that Maturin captures as a pirate vessel.
(b) The fortress where Maturin will hold his meeting.
(c) The ship Aubrey assumes command of.
(d) The ship that brings Amanda Smith to England.
9. What does Aubrey have to do when the people in the small boat do not heed his warning?
(a) Fire a warning shot across their bow which halts them.
(b) Send another boat after them to capture them.
(c) Fire upon them and kill them.
(d) Let them go.
10. What does Maturin think the meeting with the commander of Grimsholm will require?
(a) Lots of patience.
(b) Slow, methodical interaction.
(c) Nimble thinking.
(d) He is unsure.
11. Who is Hyde?
(a) Ariel's senior lieutenant.
(b) Ariel's stewart.
(c) Ariel's second mate.
(d) Ariel's bosun chief.
12. How long does it take to get the Minnie ready to sail?
(a) Three days.
(b) A week.
(c) An hour or two.
(d) Many hours.
13. Who leads the forces at Grimsholm?
(a) Ramon Casanova.
(b) The Duke of Casaromana.
(c) Ramon d'Ullastreti Casademon.
(d) Casanova de la Illia.
14. What does Maturin hint to Aubrey at Aubrey's home?
(a) That Sophie may be pregnant again.
(b) That Aubrey will soon be back in command on a vessel.
(c) That Aubrey should refuse all correspondence from Smith.
(d) That Maturin will help Aubrey financially.
15. Where is Ariel headed?
(a) The Baltic Sea.
(b) The Rock of Gibraltar.
(c) The Atlantic Ocean.
(d) Cape Horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whose fleet does the Ariel rendezvous?
2. Who is waiting to greet the crew of the Ariel as they come ashore?
3. Who is Jagiello?
4. What is Jagiello supposed to be doing?
5. What disaster strikes the Ariel?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)