|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Maturin make his report?
(a) Admiral Nelson.
(b) Sir James Blair.
(c) The Duke of Wellington.
(d) Sir Joseph Blaine.
2. Why is Pellworm uncomfortable?
(a) He is afraid of encountering the French.
(b) He does not like the British.
(c) He does not like the Catalans.
(d) He says there are bad omens about the voyage.
3. How is Hyde as a sailor and officer?
(a) Lacks self confidence.
(b) Reliable and uninmaginative.
(d) Takes foolish chances.
4. What is notable about Harry Johnson?
(a) He works for the underground railroad.
(b) He is a civilian engaged in intelligence work on his own for the United States.
(c) He is a well-published author on warfare.
(d) He is distantly related to the King of England.
5. Who is Jagiello?
(a) A young officer of the Swedish service.
(b) One of the sailmen.
(c) A pirate for whom Ariel has hired for advising.
(d) A character in a Shakespeare play that Maturin is reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey refuse to do?
2. What does Aubrey feel a few hours later?
3. What does the mail that arrives confirm?
4. Where is Ariel headed?
5. What does Maturin ask Villiers?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)