|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blaine suggest to Aubrey?
(a) That he spend some time at home before a new assignemnt.
(b) That Aubrey travel with Maturin.
(c) A competent attorney.
(d) That Aubrey try to get a new assignment quickly before summons can be engendered.
2. How does Aubrey feel about being back at sea?
(a) He wanted to stay in Canada longer and court Smith but his orders were to return to England.
(b) He is not too happy being on such a tiny vessel on the open seas.
(c) He is glad to be away from Smith.
(d) He feels ok but his arm is still useless so it reminds him that he may never captain again.
3. What does Maturin obtain for Villiers?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) A room at a lady's boarding house.
(c) A certificate of safe passage.
(d) A maid servant.
4. With what is Aubrey threatened?
(b) Debtor's prison.
5. What surprises Captain Dalgliesh?
(a) That the two American schooners are so persistently following them.
(b) That the two schooners fall behind so quickly.
(c) That one of the schooners is not flying American colours.
(d) That the two schooners break off so quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maturin's final speech fare?
2. Who does Aubrey quote that misleads Amanda Smith?
3. Where does the vessel carrying Aubrey and company arrive?
4. What does Villiers confide to Maturin?
5. To whom does Maturin make his report?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)