|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of work has Maturin been recently engaged?
(b) Teaching at the medical school.
(c) Collecting specimens.
(d) Writing a novel.
2. How does Aubrey feel about being back at sea?
(a) He is not too happy being on such a tiny vessel on the open seas.
(b) He wanted to stay in Canada longer and court Smith but his orders were to return to England.
(c) He feels ok but his arm is still useless so it reminds him that he may never captain again.
(d) He is glad to be away from Smith.
3. How does Aubrey treat Smith?
(a) He avoids her.
(b) He gives her misleading insinuations.
(c) He is rude in hopes she will leave him be.
(d) He tells her the news of his wife's death was incorrect.
4. What has Aubrey become?
(b) Somewhat of a recluse.
(c) A local hero.
5. How does Maturin's final speech fare?
(a) It is a rousing success.
(b) He does not deliver it as he is called back to England on an emergency.
(c) It is delivered in an uninspiring manner and loses the audience's attention.
(d) He cuts it to five minutes and only gives a bare outline of the material.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about Harry Johnson?
2. How is Villiers' appearance at the ball?
3. What is Aubrey asked to do repeatedly?
4. What scares Smith as she and Aubrey walk outside?
5. From where have Aubrey, Maturin and Villiers just escaped?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)