|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mail that arrives confirm?
(a) That Aubrey's wife has died.
(b) Aubrey's worse fears about Kimber.
(c) That not only has Aubrey's wife died, but also his oldest son.
(d) That Aubrey's estate is irreparably damaged.
2. How does Aubrey respond to Smith's letters?
(a) A writes the letter affirming her virgin state.
(b) He says he will start divorce proceedings so he can marry her.
(c) He sends her money.
3. What does Maturin advise Aubrey?
(a) To send his children to boarding school.
(b) To take the second vessel carrying the recovering wounded.
(c) To borrow money from his wealthy father-in-law.
(d) To not fret over things he cannot control.
4. Who does Aubrey find?
(a) His mother-in-law.
(b) His business manager.
(c) Sophie and his children.
(d) His lawyer.
5. Who is circulating slander about Aubrey?
(b) First Lieutenant Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses Smith about Aubrey?
2. What does the town do when the Shannon arrives?
3. What does Maturin find irresistible about Villiers?
4. What scares Smith as she and Aubrey walk outside?
5. Who is pursuing Aubrey, Maturin and Villiers?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)