|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goes on for weeks?
(a) Repairing the Shannon.
(b) The celebrating in the town.
(c) The quarantine.
(d) Caring for the ill.
2. What happens to the original communiqué Broke writes about the Shannon's encounter?
(a) It is kept for the next frigate that docks.
(b) It is given into Aubrey's keeping.
(c) It is sent on a fast packet to England.
(d) It is given into Maturin's keeping.
3. For what is everyone waiting anxiously?
(a) The coming of the new ambassador from Germany.
(b) The coming of the new ambassador from the United States.
(c) For Captain Broke's wounds to heal.
(d) For the return of two packets with further orders for Aubrey and Maturin.
4. How does Aubrey respond to Smith's letters?
(b) A writes the letter affirming her virgin state.
(c) He sends her money.
(d) He says he will start divorce proceedings so he can marry her.
5. What ship are Aubrey, Maturin and Villiers aboard?
(a) HMS Leopard.
(b) HMS Java.
(c) HMS Elizabeth.
(d) HMS Shannon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey fear?
2. Where is the HMS Shannon going?
3. From where have Aubrey, Maturin and Villiers just escaped?
4. Who joins Aubrey at his home?
5. What does the town do when the Shannon arrives?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)