|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compels Aubrey to find Smith quite attractive?
(b) Nothing could compel him to find her attractive.
(c) He does not want to insult her father, the host.
(d) Maturin's request that Aubrey be kind to his cousin.
2. What happens to the crew on that schooner?
(a) They are hung as mutineers.
(b) They sink with their ship and drown.
(c) It is rescued by the other allowing the English packet to escape.
(d) They save the ship eventually and limp back to Boston.
3. What does Villiers confide to Maturin?
(a) That she left all her money in the hotel in Boston in her haste to leave.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is actually already married to Harry Johnson.
(d) That she loves him.
4. What is Harry Johnson's financial situation?
(a) His financial status is not mentioned.
(b) He is extremely wealthy.
(c) He is almost penniless having spent his fortune funding the revolutionary war.
(d) He is penniless but is hoping for an investment in a slaver vessel to turn that around.
5. About what do men comment concerning Villiers?
(a) Her sad countenance.
(b) Her reluctance to engage in social conversation.
(c) Her exceptional beauty.
(d) Her tendency to flitter about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aubrey asked to do repeatedly?
2. For what is everyone waiting anxiously?
3. What causes Aubrey some discomfort?
4. What surprises Captain Dalgliesh?
5. How does Aubrey act at the ball?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)