|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Villiers and Maturin deduce about the pursuit by the two schooners?
(a) That Harry Johnson is funding the effort.
(b) That Harry Johnson is on board one of the vessels.
(c) That the American Naval intelligence is behind the pursuit.
(d) They may be pirates falsely flying legitimate colours.
2. Where are the wounded transferred?
(a) To a ship that's headed for England that day.
(b) To a hospital ashore.
(c) They are not transferred.
(d) To a larger ship that has a good infirmary.
3. What does the town do when the Shannon arrives?
(a) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(b) Erupts in a tumultuous celebration.
(c) Warns it off because the town is quarantined.
(d) Asks Aubrey if the war is really over.
4. How does Aubrey act at the ball?
(b) Socially competent but not interested in the talk.
5. What news does Kimber write Aubrey?
(a) Aubrey needs to come home as his wife is dying.
(b) Kimber has exhausted Aubrey's funds with little to show for it.
(c) Aubrey's home burns to the ground but his wife and children are alive.
(d) Aubrey's wife has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Diligence?
2. What ship are Aubrey, Maturin and Villiers aboard?
3. What does Villiers' diamond necklace feature?
4. About what do men comment concerning Villiers?
5. What does Maturin ask his fellow physicians?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)