|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Smith spread far and wide?
(a) News of the fact that Aubrey was accused of syping in the United States.
(b) News of hers and Aubrey's relationship.
(c) News that Aubrey's wife has died and Smith hopes to be his next wife.
(d) News about who Villiers really is.
2. Who is Beck?
(a) A local intelligence officer.
(b) Another doctor who teaches at the medical college.
(c) The owner of the Inn where Maturin is staying.
(d) The man who brought Maturin a rare plant specimen.
3. What is Aubrey asked to do repeatedly?
(a) Have a flagon of ale on the house.
(b) Recount the battle scene from his perspective.
(c) Show his battle wound.
(d) Introduce Villiers to the crowd.
4. What does Maturin advise Aubrey?
(a) To take the second vessel carrying the recovering wounded.
(b) To not fret over things he cannot control.
(c) To send his children to boarding school.
(d) To borrow money from his wealthy father-in-law.
5. What happens to the original communiqué Broke writes about the Shannon's encounter?
(a) It is given into Maturin's keeping.
(b) It is sent on a fast packet to England.
(c) It is kept for the next frigate that docks.
(d) It is given into Aubrey's keeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maturin find irresistible about Villiers?
2. Who is Kimber?
3. How does Villiers fare at the beginning of the sea voyage?
4. For what is everyone waiting anxiously?
5. What is spreading like wildfire in the town where Shannon is docking?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)