|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ship are Aubrey, Maturin and Villiers aboard?
(a) HMS Shannon.
(b) HMS Elizabeth.
(c) HMS Java.
(d) HMS Leopard.
2. Where are the wounded transferred?
(a) To a hospital ashore.
(b) To a larger ship that has a good infirmary.
(c) They are not transferred.
(d) To a ship that's headed for England that day.
3. In what type of work has Maturin been recently engaged?
(a) Teaching at the medical school.
(c) Writing a novel.
(d) Collecting specimens.
4. What has Villiers recently become?
(a) A Brazilian citizen.
(b) An American citizen.
(c) A Canadian citizen.
(d) An English citizen.
5. Who gave Villiers the diamond necklace?
(a) Villiers' deceased husband.
(d) Villiers's deceased fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the town do when the Shannon arrives?
2. What does Maturin advise Aubrey?
3. What does Maturin ask Villiers?
4. What does Villiers' diamond necklace feature?
5. Who is Beck?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)