|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aubrey find his home?
(a) Nearly vacant.
(b) Completely deserted.
(c) Bustling in anticipation of his return.
(d) Not burned as an earlier report said.
2. What is notable about Harry Johnson?
(a) He is distantly related to the King of England.
(b) He is a well-published author on warfare.
(c) He is a civilian engaged in intelligence work on his own for the United States.
(d) He works for the underground railroad.
3. How accurate is Maturin's watch?
(a) It is extremely accurate.
(b) It loses a minute every 3 hours.
(c) It loses about a minute every week.
(d) It loses about a minute a day.
4. What has Aubrey become?
(b) A local hero.
(d) Somewhat of a recluse.
5. Who is the HMS Jason chasing?
(a) French ship-of-war Marsailles.
(b) The French ship-of-war Lafayette.
(c) The French ship-of-war Médusae.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aubrey respond to Smith's letters?
2. What does Maturin do doing the voyage?
3. What does the Ariel do?
4. What happens as Aubrey is trying to get the Ariel away from The Thatcher?
5. What is Maturin doing on shore?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)