|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kimber?
(a) Aubrey's brother-in-law.
(b) Aubrey's best friend back in England.
(c) Aubrey's business agent.
(d) Aubrey's cousin and lawyer.
2. How does Aubrey act at the ball?
(c) Socially competent but not interested in the talk.
3. What happens to one of the American schooners that delays their pursuit?
(a) It hits an iceberg.
(b) The rudder pinion breaks off.
(c) The main mast breaks.
(d) There is a mutiny.
4. What compels Aubrey to find Smith quite attractive?
(a) Nothing could compel him to find her attractive.
(c) He does not want to insult her father, the host.
(d) Maturin's request that Aubrey be kind to his cousin.
5. What has Villiers recently become?
(a) An American citizen.
(b) A Brazilian citizen.
(c) A Canadian citizen.
(d) An English citizen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maturin do doing the voyage?
2. What does Captain Broke need to do?
3. What does Maturin obtain for Villiers?
4. Who is Amanda Smith?
5. What is the relationship between Harry Johnson and Villiers?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)