|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what recent battle does Aubrey participate as a combatant?
(a) Aubrey has not been in a battle recently.
(b) A battle in Washington between Johnson's spies and Maturin.
(c) The battle between the USS Chesapeake and HMS Shannon.
(d) The battle between the USS Constitution and the HMS Shannon.
2. What was Maturin doing in America recently?
(a) He was a nominal prisoner.
(b) He was spying.
(c) He was helping Aubrey escape.
(d) He was courting Villiers.
3. How does Villiers fare at the beginning of the sea voyage?
(a) She is fearful of water but does not get seasick.
(b) She is used to the ocean and loves sailing.
(c) She is severely seasick.
(d) She is harrassed by some of the sailors.
4. What impresses Smith about Aubrey?
(a) His gallent mannerisms.
(b) His reverent mention of his deceased wife.
(c) His tales of violent combat.
(d) His strong friendship with her cousin, Maturin.
5. From where have Aubrey, Maturin and Villiers just escaped?
(a) An uprising in the West Indies.
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the crew on that schooner?
2. How is Villiers' appearance at the ball?
3. What happens to one of the American schooners that delays their pursuit?
4. What is spreading like wildfire in the town where Shannon is docking?
5. What happens to the original communiqué Broke writes about the Shannon's encounter?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)