|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the town celebrating?
(a) The news of Shannon's victory.
(b) That the War of 1812 is over.
(c) That the Napoleonic Wars are over.
(d) That Napoleon is dead.
2. From where have Aubrey, Maturin and Villiers just escaped?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) An uprising in the West Indies.
3. What is Maturin doing on shore?
(a) Finding a minister to marry him and Villiers.
(b) Attending the wounded.
(c) Having a quiet moment with Villiers.
(d) Trying to sleep.
4. Who is Amanda Smith?
(a) A young woman who dotes on Aubrey.
(b) The daughter of the host at the ball.
(c) A young woman asked to be Villiers's maid.
(d) Matruin's cousin who is there with her mother.
5. What is spreading like wildfire in the town where Shannon is docking?
(a) The plague.
(b) News of the end of the war.
(c) News of the HMS Shannon's victory.
(d) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maturin do at the ball?
2. How does Maturin respond to attempts by Frenchman to use him as a courier?
3. What news does Smith spread far and wide?
4. What does Maturin obtain for Villiers?
5. What is the relationship between Maturin and the commander at Grimsholm?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)