|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maturin's final speech fare?
(a) He does not deliver it as he is called back to England on an emergency.
(b) It is a rousing success.
(c) It is delivered in an uninspiring manner and loses the audience's attention.
(d) He cuts it to five minutes and only gives a bare outline of the material.
2. What does Villiers' diamond necklace feature?
(a) Diamonds stolen from a pirate vessel.
(b) Diamonds stolen from South Africa.
(c) The famous Hope diamond.
(d) The famous Blue Peter diamond.
3. What does Maturin find irresistible about Villiers?
(a) Nothing really attracts Maturin to Villiers.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her laughter.
(d) Her grace.
4. What impresses Smith about Aubrey?
(a) His reverent mention of his deceased wife.
(b) His tales of violent combat.
(c) His gallent mannerisms.
(d) His strong friendship with her cousin, Maturin.
5. What does Maturin ask his fellow physicians?
(a) How to know if a woman loves you.
(b) What medicine to give Villiers.
(c) How to diagnose early pregnancy.
(d) If they will assume the teaching of his classes for a while.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Smith and Aubrey leave the ball?
2. What has Aubrey become?
3. What causes Aubrey some discomfort?
4. Who does Aubrey find?
5. What does Maturin ask Villiers?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)