|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maturin try to teach Jagiello?
(a) About life at sea.
(b) Nothing; Jagiello is just a character in a book.
(c) How to use a prothesis that Maturin makes for him.
(d) How to overcome his bad looks.
2. Why do Smith and Aubrey leave the ball?
(a) For Aubrey to show her how to use the stars for navigation.
(b) To look at Smith's new horse.
(c) To tour Smith's father's greenhouses.
(d) To search for a secluded spot.
3. Where do the transports loaded with Catalan troops go?
(a) Back to Samaurez' fleet.
(b) To the coastal waters off Brazil.
(c) To England to wait out the war.
(d) To France.
4. What are the seas like as the convoy travels onward?
(c) Twenty-foot waves.
5. How accurate is Maturin's watch?
(a) It is extremely accurate.
(b) It loses about a minute a day.
(c) It loses a minute every 3 hours.
(d) It loses about a minute every week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey discuss with Maturin at this point in the book?
2. What impresses Smith about Aubrey?
3. Why does Ariel intervene in the chase?
4. What is the Diligence?
5. How does Maturin prepare for his mission to Grimsholm?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)