|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the seas like as the convoy travels onward?
(c) Twenty-foot waves.
2. How is Hyde as a sailor and officer?
(a) Takes foolish chances.
(b) Reliable and uninmaginative.
(c) Lacks self confidence.
3. With whose fleet does the Ariel rendezvous?
(a) Admiral Sir James Saumarez.
(b) Admiral Sir Drake.
(c) Admiral Lord Nelson.
(d) Admiral Hornblower.
4. Who meets with D'Ullastret?
5. What does Aubrey discuss with Maturin at this point in the book?
(a) A rather technical discusssion of time and navigation.
(b) An involved discussion of the merits of his wife versus Amanda Smith.
(c) A technical discussion of sail shapes.
(d) A technical discussion of loading procedures for getting the right trim.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Hyde suffer?
2. What does Pellworm predict as he is put ashore?
3. Where is Ariel headed?
4. What happens to the original communiqué Broke writes about the Shannon's encounter?
5. What do Ariel and her transports manage to weather?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)