|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is held after meeting up with the fleet?
(a) A fest held for the native Gibraltons.
(b) A celebration for the capture of the USS Constitution.
(c) More political discussions and planning sessions.
(d) A celebration for the end of the War of 1812.
2. What is the relationship between Maturin and the commander at Grimsholm?
(a) They are brother-in-laws.
(b) The commander is Maturin's Catalan godfather.
(c) They both serve in the intelligence corps.
(d) They both wanted to marry the same woman many years ago.
3. What does Maturin tell Blaine?
(a) Maturin will travel to Grimsholm.
(b) Maturin will accept a position at a medical college.
(c) Maturin will accept an assignment on the Shannon.
(d) Maturin will go back to Boston.
4. What does Maturin hint to Aubrey at Aubrey's home?
(a) That Sophie may be pregnant again.
(b) That Maturin will help Aubrey financially.
(c) That Aubrey should refuse all correspondence from Smith.
(d) That Aubrey will soon be back in command on a vessel.
5. What impresses Smith about Aubrey?
(a) His reverent mention of his deceased wife.
(b) His gallent mannerisms.
(c) His tales of violent combat.
(d) His strong friendship with her cousin, Maturin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disaster strikes the Ariel?
2. Why is celestial navigation out of the question?
3. What causes Aubrey some discomfort?
4. How does Villiers fare at the beginning of the sea voyage?
5. For what does Aubrey use Maturin's hack watch?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)