|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the waitress refuse to bring to Natasha when she requests it at the restaurant where they have lunch?
2. What does Daniel order for dessert after he and Natasha finish lunch?
3. What college does Bev text Natasha to say that she loves and believes she is destined to attend?
4. How much were the tickets for A Raisin in the Sun, according to Natasha in “Natasha Kingsley: A Daughter’s History"?
5. Natasha states after leaving the karaoke club that one of the things she likes the most about New York City is that it deflects any attempts a person makes to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Natasha's perceptions of her father change as the novel progresses?
2. What is the significance of the violin street performer in the novel?
3. How would you describe the performances of Daniel and Natasha at the norebang?
4. How did Patricia feel about Samuel's performance in A Raisin in the Sun? Why?
5. What is the one good thing that Charlie does in the novel? Why do you think he does it?
6. Why do you think that the story of Joe (the Secutity Guard) is important to the novel?
7. How is Daniel's relationship with his father illustrated in the novel?
8. What is the outcome of the conflict between Daniel and Charlie at their father's store?
9. What leads up to the conflict between Daniel and Charlie at their father's store?
10. How would you describe Natasha's relationship with her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Carl Sagan and why does the author allude to him in the novel's Prologue? How does the Prologue relate the the main plot of the story? What is stated in the Prologue?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Natasha in The Sun is Also a Star. What is Natasha's main objective in the beginning of the novel? How does that objective change in the course of the story? How does Natasha perceive Daniel when she first meets him?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of fate in The Sun is Also a Star. How is this theme developed through character? How does the author develop this theme through setting? What symbolism and imagery connect to this theme?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)