|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Natasha's family moved to the United States was her brother Peter born?
2. What does Natasha tell Daniel he is waiting for when they argue by Central Park?
3. What kind of street musician does Daniel listen to outside of his father's store after the fight with Charlie?
4. What does the narrator say fate has always been the realm of in “Fate: A History"?
5. How long after Joe and his wife retired did she die, according to the narrator in “Joe: A Planned History"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the association between Korea and the African American hair care industry?
2. How do the differences between the blue-haired, mohawked couple illustrate the differences between Daniel and Natasha?
3. What is the significance of the setting of The Museum of Natural History?
4. How does Natasha's perceptions of her father change as the novel progresses?
5. How do Natasha and Charlie manage to reconnect after their argument when Natasha leaves before her appointment?
6. How would you gauge the difference between Daniel and Natasha's falling in love with the other?
7. How are eyes used as a motif in The Sun is Also a Star?
8. How does the author use the symbolism of stars in the narrative?
9. How is Samuel's performance destribed in A Raisin in the Sun by Natasha? Why is this important to the plot?
10. What leads up to the conflict between Daniel and Charlie at their father's store?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Charles Jae Won Bae in The Sun is Also a Star. What is Charles's relationship like with his parents? How would you describe his relationship with Daniel? What are Charlie's objectives in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of love in The Sun is Also a Star. How is this theme developed through character and setting? What symbolism relates to this theme? How is the concept of love explored through the two main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of science in The Sun is Also a Star. How is science juxtaposed against love in the novel? What relationship does Natasha have with science? What relationship does Daniel have with science?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)