|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daniel describe Natasha's singing when she performs a song at the karaoke club?
2. What time does Daniel say his curfew is at home?
3. What kind of business did Dae Hyun's father operate in South Korea?
4. For what performance group did Natasha's father perform in A Raisin in the Sun?
5. What colored hair does the mohawked couple have that Natasha sees arguing outside the train station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the violin street performer in the novel?
2. How is Samuel's performance destribed in A Raisin in the Sun by Natasha? Why is this important to the plot?
3. How would you describe Natasha's relationship with her father?
4. How did Patricia feel about Samuel's performance in A Raisin in the Sun? Why?
5. How does the author use the symbolism of stars in the narrative?
6. How would you compare the hardships of Daniel's life versus the life of his father?
7. How would you describe the performances of Daniel and Natasha at the norebang?
8. Why do you think that the story of Joe (the Secutity Guard) is important to the novel?
9. What leads up to the conflict between Daniel and Charlie at their father's store?
10. What importance does the setting play in The Sun is Also a Star?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Samuel Kingsley in The Sun is Also a Star. What are Samuel's ambitions? What brought Samuel to America? How does Samuel feel about his experiences in the United States?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Natasha in The Sun is Also a Star. What is Natasha's main objective in the beginning of the novel? How does that objective change in the course of the story? How does Natasha perceive Daniel when she first meets him?
Essay Topic 3
What does the subway conductor say that inspires Daniel to seek out God in the novel? How does this objective lead to Daniel meeting Natasha? What is the outcome of Daniel's attempt to seek out God?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)