|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college does Bev text Natasha to say that she loves and believes she is destined to attend?
2. How old was Dae Hyun when his father began grooming him to take over the family's meager business, according to the narrator in “Dae Hyun Bae"?
3. What food did Natasha's father go to buy for his family on the night of his play debut in “Natasha Kingsley: A Daughter’s History"?
(a) Chinese takeout.
(b) Burgers and fries.
(c) Mexican takeout.
4. Who is described as the first of the Three Sisters of Fate from Greek mythology in “Fate: A History"?
5. What does Atropos hold in her hands, in the story from “Fate: A History"?
(a) A dagger.
(b) An hourglass.
(c) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mohawked couple doing when Daniel gets off the train as he tries to find Natasha?
2. What percentage do South Korean businesses control in the African American hair care market, as estimated by the narrator in “Hair: A Korean American History"?
3. How long after Natasha's family moved to the United States was her brother Peter born?
4. What is the Korean word for karaoke?
5. What does the sister Lachesis hold in her hands in the description from “Fate: A History"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What importance does the setting play in The Sun is Also a Star?
2. What is the significance of the setting of The Museum of Natural History?
3. How would you compare the hardships of Daniel's life versus the life of his father?
4. Why do you think the author chose to tell the story of the waitress at the Korean restaurant in the novel?
5. What is the significance of the violin street performer in the novel?
6. What is the outcome of the conflict between Daniel and Charlie at their father's store?
7. How do the differences between the blue-haired, mohawked couple illustrate the differences between Daniel and Natasha?
8. How does the author use the symbolism of stars in the narrative?
9. How did Samuel Kingsley's experiences as an actor differ between Jamaica and America?
10. How did Patricia feel about Samuel's performance in A Raisin in the Sun? Why?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)