|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as the first of the Three Sisters of Fate from Greek mythology in “Fate: A History"?
2. What does Daniel say at the roof access door before it magically opens?
(b) "Open sesame."
(c) "Young Lion."
(d) "Let me in."
3. What train did Daniel get onto looking for God when he first encountered Natasha?
(a) The A train.
(b) The F train.
(c) The 7 train.
(d) The G train.
4. How much money does Natasha tip the musician outside of Daniel's family's store?
5. What kind of restaurant do Daniel and Natasha go to for lunch?
(a) A gyro stand.
(b) A pizza joint.
(c) A taco stand.
(d) A dubu joint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say fate has always been the realm of in “Fate: A History"?
2. What does Daniel get from his father's store to put on his busted lip after the fight with his brother?
3. What does the waitress refuse to bring to Natasha when she requests it at the restaurant where they have lunch?
4. With whom does Jeremy Fitzgerald suggest he will file an appeal with for Natasha's family?
5. How old is Natasha in the pictures of her when she wore the "My Dad is the Coolest" t-shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think the author chose to tell the story of the waitress at the Korean restaurant in the novel?
2. What importance does the setting play in The Sun is Also a Star?
3. How would you gauge the difference between Daniel and Natasha's falling in love with the other?
4. What is the significance of the setting of The Museum of Natural History?
5. How would you compare the hardships of Daniel's life versus the life of his father?
6. Why do you think that Samuel Kingsley revealed the truth about his family's illegal status?
7. How did Samuel Kingsley's experiences as an actor differ between Jamaica and America?
8. How does Natasha's perceptions of her father change as the novel progresses?
9. How does the author use the symbolism of stars in the narrative?
10. How does Daniel respond when Natasha tells him that she is about to be deported?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)