|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What musician does the narrator describe Samuel Kinglsey quoting when he met his wife in “Samuel Kingsley: A History of Regret, Part 2”?
(a) Robert Smith.
(b) Jon Bonamasa.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Jimi Hendrix.
2. Natasha states after leaving the karaoke club that one of the things she likes the most about New York City is that it deflects any attempts a person makes to do what?
(a) Lie to oneself.
(b) Fall in love.
(d) Be blind.
3. How old is Patricia Kingsley described as in the "Characters" section of “Samuel Kingsley: A Father’s History”?
4. How does Daniel describe Natasha's singing when she performs a song at the karaoke club?
5. What is Natasha's favorite section in the museum where she goes after leaving Daniel?
(a) The Eurocup.
(b) The Hall of Meteorites.
(c) The Tinneman Square Exhibition.
(d) The Hall of Modern Art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pawn shop owner demand from the street musician outside of Daniel's family's store when Natasha arrives?
2. How much money does Natasha tip the musician outside of Daniel's family's store?
3. Where does the waitress describe seeing her son's wedding pictures in “The Waitress: A History of Love"?
4. How old is Natasha in the pictures of her when she wore the "My Dad is the Coolest" t-shirt?
5. Where is Daniel's meeting with the college alumni arranged to take place after he has rescheduled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the setting of The Museum of Natural History?
2. Why do you think that the story of Joe (the Secutity Guard) is important to the novel?
3. How is Samuel's performance destribed in A Raisin in the Sun by Natasha? Why is this important to the plot?
4. How would you describe Natasha's relationship with her father?
5. What is the outcome of the conflict between Daniel and Charlie at their father's store?
6. What leads up to the conflict between Daniel and Charlie at their father's store?
7. How do Natasha and Charlie manage to reconnect after their argument when Natasha leaves before her appointment?
8. How does Natasha's perceptions of her father change as the novel progresses?
9. How are eyes used as a motif in The Sun is Also a Star?
10. How do the differences between the blue-haired, mohawked couple illustrate the differences between Daniel and Natasha?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)