|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Natasha when her family came to the United States?
2. What is Natasha's last name?
3. At what time is Natasha to return to the attorney's office after filling out paperwork?
(a) 3:30 p.m.
(b) 4:00 p.m.
(c) 3:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
4. Polaris is not the brightest start in the sky, according to Natasha. Where does it fall in the list of brightest stars?
5. Who is the officer that Natasha meets with at the USCIS building after missing her original appointment in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Lester Barnes.
(b) Michael Pafunda.
(c) Andrew Stabler.
(d) Chance Luthgrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gemstone did Daniel's ex-girlfriend compare his eyes to?
2. From what condition does Natasha say Asian American men are most likely to die from?
3. At what time does the USCIS officer tell Natasha her family has to leave the country by in the beginning of the novel?
4. What is the name of Natasha's best friend?
5. What is the name of Daniel's ex-girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What similarities do Daniel and Natasha share?
2. What does "Deus ex Machina" mean and why does the author use this phrase in The Sun is Also a Star?
3. What are the relationships like in Daniel's family?
4. How are the concepts of practicality and romanticism juxtaposed in the novel?
5. How is "love" perceived by Natasha and by Daniel in the novel?
6. What study from the New York Times does Daniel present to Natasha and why?
7. How would you describe Natasha's family?
8. Who is Jeremy Fitzgerald and what is his role in the plot of The Sun is Also a Star?
9. What happens when Natasha arrives late for her meeting with Karen Whitney?
10. What are Natasha's feelings about science?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)