|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time is Natasha to return to the attorney's office after filling out paperwork?
(a) 4:00 p.m.
(b) 3:30 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 3:00 p.m.
2. How old is Peter in the beginning of the novel?
3. What time does Daniel's appointment get rescheduled for when he calls the office?
(a) 6:00 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 3:00 p.m.
(d) 4:00 p.m.
4. When she is asked about how she surmises she will die, Natasha tells Daniel that as a black woman living in the United States, she is most likely to die from what condition?
(a) Kidney disease.
(b) Heart disease.
5. For how long has Daniel's older brother been forced to withdraw from college in the beginning of the novel?
(a) 1 semester.
(b) 1 full year.
(c) 2 semesters.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irene want to confiscate but does not, in “Irene: A History"?
2. Who is Natasha going to meet for her appointment after having coffee with Daniel?
3. From what condition does Natasha say Asian American men are most likely to die from?
4. What is the name of Daniel's ex-girlfriend?
5. What career does Charlie go into, according to the narrative in “Charles Jae Won Bae: A Future History"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What study from the New York Times does Daniel present to Natasha and why?
2. What "event" leads to Daniel pursuing the signs of God in the novel?
3. What event caused the deportation order that Natasha's family faces in the novel?
4. What is the significance of the Prologue to The Sun is Also a Star?
5. What are Natasha's feelings about science?
6. How would you describe Natasha's family?
7. Why does Natasha become flustered and leave the coffee shop?
8. How does Natasha respond to her interaction with Charlie at Daniel's father's store when they first meet?
9. What kind of store does Daniel's father own? Where is it located?
10. How is "love" perceived by Natasha and by Daniel in the novel?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)