|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irene want to confiscate but does not, in “Irene: A History"?
(a) Daniel's phone.
(b) Daniel's tie.
(c) Natasha's phone.
(d) Natasha's jacket.
2. Where does Natasha say she has been getting application materials ready for when she talks with the USCIS agent in the beginning of the novel?
(d) Brooklyn College.
3. What band who plays the song "Yellow Ledbetter" is described as one of Natasha's favorite 1990s rock bands?
(a) The Clash.
(b) The Cure.
(d) Pearl Jam.
4. What is Daniel's mother's name?
(a) Kim Woo.
(b) Min Soo.
(c) Areum Soo.
5. For how long has Daniel's older brother been forced to withdraw from college in the beginning of the novel?
(a) 1 full year.
(b) 2 semesters.
(c) 1 semester.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what narrative perspective is “Irene: A History" related?
2. Who is the guard at the USCIS building that inspects Natasha's things at security in the beginning of the novel?
3. What are the two chemicals that dictate the third stage of attraction, according to the narrator in “Love: A Chemical History"?
4. What principle from physics does Natasha note Daniel has never heard of in the narrative?
5. What are names compared to in “Family: A History of Naming”?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jeremy Fitzgerald and what is his role in the plot of The Sun is Also a Star?
2. What kind of store does Daniel's father own? Where is it located?
3. What happens when Natasha arrives late for her meeting with Karen Whitney?
4. What is the significance of Irene's character in the novel?
5. Who is Hannah Winter and what role does she play in the plot of The Sun is Also a Star?
6. How would you describe the narrative style of The Sun is Also a Star?
7. What "event" leads to Daniel pursuing the signs of God in the novel?
8. Who is Bev and what is the significance of this character in the novel?
9. What are the relationships like in Daniel's family?
10. How would you describe Natasha's family?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)