|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the attorney unable to meet with Natasha when she first arrives for her appointment?
(a) He has the flu.
(b) He has gone to a seminar.
(c) He has quit his job.
(d) He has been in a car accident.
2. How many intimate questions comprise the study about love that Daniel describes in the narrative?
3. From what college is the alumnus that Daniel is preparing to interview with in the beginning of the novel?
4. How old was Charlie when he stopped liking Daniel, according to Daniel's narrative?
5. Who is Natasha's ex-boyfriend that cheated on her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What chemicals in the brain orchestrate the stages of love, according to the narrator in “Love: A Chemical History”?
2. What is the title that younger brothers use for older brothers in Korean?
3. How does Daniel surmise he will die when he and Natasha as asking questions of one another from the study?
4. How old is Peter in the beginning of the novel?
5. What album is depicted on Natasha's phone cover?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Natasha respond to her interaction with Charlie at Daniel's father's store when they first meet?
2. What does "Deus ex Machina" mean and why does the author use this phrase in The Sun is Also a Star?
3. How is "love" perceived by Natasha and by Daniel in the novel?
4. Who is Hannah Winter and what role does she play in the plot of The Sun is Also a Star?
5. What are Natasha's feelings about science?
6. Who is Bev and what is the significance of this character in the novel?
7. What event caused the deportation order that Natasha's family faces in the novel?
8. How would you describe the relationship between Daniel and Charlie?
9. How would you describe the narrative style of The Sun is Also a Star?
10. What is the significance of Irene's character in the novel?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)