|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Natasha tell Daniel he is waiting for when they argue by Central Park?
(a) Someone to save him.
(b) Blind luck.
(c) Someone to stand up.
(d) Someone to be his muse.
2. How old was Dae Hyun when his father began grooming him to take over the family's meager business, according to the narrator in “Dae Hyun Bae"?
3. Why does Natasha tell Daniel he is like her father when they fight near Central Park?
(a) Because he is ignorant.
(b) Because he is delusional.
(c) Because he is artistic.
(d) Because he is selfish.
4. Who is the poet that Natasha describes having written a poem that says you cannot make a home out of human beings when she argues with Daniel?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) T. S. Elliot.
(c) Louisa May Alcott.
(d) Warsan Shire.
5. What setting is established in "Act Two, Scene Three" of “Samuel Kingsley: A Father’s History”?
(a) Interior bedroom.
(c) Great Hall.
6. How old is Natasha in the pictures of her when she wore the "My Dad is the Coolest" t-shirt?
7. How old is Samuel Kingsley described as in the "Characters" section of “Samuel Kingsley: A Father’s History”?
8. What poet does the narrator describe Samuel Kingsley quoting when he met his wife in “Samuel Kingsley: A History of Regret, Part 2”?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) Robert Frost.
(c) Walt Whitman.
(d) T. S. Elliot.
9. What does the sister Lachesis hold in her hands in the description from “Fate: A History"?
(a) An hourglass.
(b) A shield.
(c) A sword.
(d) A rod.
10. What kind of business did Dae Hyun's father operate in South Korea?
(a) A crab fishing business.
(b) A dairy store.
(c) A rice paddy farm.
(d) An oyster trading business.
11. What does the waitress refuse to bring to Natasha when she requests it at the restaurant where they have lunch?
(a) A fork.
(d) A knife.
12. What greetings meet Daniel and Natasha at the restaurant where they have lunch?
(b) "Weh yu up to."
(d) "Wah gwaan."
13. What does Daniel tell Natasha he thinks her hair smells like when they ride the train to lunch?
(a) River water.
(d) Spring rain.
14. What does Daniel get from his father's store to put on his busted lip after the fight with his brother?
(a) A can of Coke.
(b) A bag of frozen peas.
(c) A beer.
(d) A can of Pepsi.
15. What percentage do South Korean businesses control in the African American hair care market, as estimated by the narrator in “Hair: A Korean American History"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Natasha states after leaving the karaoke club that one of the things she likes the most about New York City is that it deflects any attempts a person makes to do what?
2. What is the name of Joe's wife in “Joe: A Planned History"?
3. What is the first question from Category #2 (medium intimacy) that Natasha and Daniel ask one another on the train as they head to lunch?
4. What musician does the narrator describe Samuel Kinglsey quoting when he met his wife in “Samuel Kingsley: A History of Regret, Part 2”?
5. What is the Korean word for karaoke?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)