|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Daniel say his mother is like him?
(a) She is ambitious.
(b) She is stoic.
(c) She is artistic.
(d) She is logical.
2. What kind of business did Dae Hyun's father operate in South Korea?
(a) A dairy store.
(b) A rice paddy farm.
(c) An oyster trading business.
(d) A crab fishing business.
3. What college does Bev text Natasha to say that she loves and believes she is destined to attend?
4. What does Natasha tell Daniel he is waiting for when they argue by Central Park?
(a) Someone to be his muse.
(b) Blind luck.
(c) Someone to save him.
(d) Someone to stand up.
5. Who wrote the poem "To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time"?
(a) Robert Herrick.
(b) E. M. Forester.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Jack Kerouac.
6. What does the narrator say fate has always been the realm of in “Fate: A History"?
(c) The gods.
7. What role did Natasha's father play in A Raisin in the Sun in “Natasha Kingsley: A Daughter’s History"?
(a) Walter Lee Younger.
(b) George Murchison.
(c) Carl Linder.
(d) Joseph Asagai.
8. How does Natasha describe her father's performance in A Raisin in the Sun in “Natasha Kingsley: A Daughter’s History"?
(a) He was excellent.
(b) He was articulate.
(c) He was exaggerated.
(d) He was ordinary.
9. On what street is Attorney Fitzgerald's office located?
(a) 52nd Street.
(b) 20th Street.
(c) 34th Street.
(d) 93rd Street.
10. What does the phrase "Museun iriya?" translate to from Korean to English?
(a) "What's going on here?"
(b) "Where are you going?"
(c) "What are you doing?"
(d) "Who are you?"
11. What does Daniel get from his father's store to put on his busted lip after the fight with his brother?
(a) A can of Coke.
(b) A beer.
(c) A bag of frozen peas.
(d) A can of Pepsi.
12. What does Natasha believe in as opposed to fate, according to the narrator in “Fate: A History"?
13. What kind of street musician does Daniel listen to outside of his father's store after the fight with Charlie?
(a) A flutist.
(b) A violinist.
(c) A guitarist.
(d) A drummer.
14. What word does Natasha describe having marked wrong on her first spelling quiz in English class while having lunch with Daniel?
15. For what performance group did Natasha's father perform in A Raisin in the Sun?
(a) The Pass-the-Hat Theatre.
(b) The Second City.
(c) The Master Players.
(d) The Village Troupe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of restaurant do Daniel and Natasha go to for lunch?
2. What greetings meet Daniel and Natasha at the restaurant where they have lunch?
3. For how long does the waitress say her husband refused to speak to their son after he began dating a white girl in “The Waitress: A History of Love"?
4. How old was Dae Hyun when his father began grooming him to take over the family's meager business, according to the narrator in “Dae Hyun Bae"?
5. What is the mohawked couple doing when Daniel gets off the train as he tries to find Natasha?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)