|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hits does Daniel get when he googles "Natasha Facebook New York City"?
2. Who is the poet that Natasha describes having written a poem that says you cannot make a home out of human beings when she argues with Daniel?
(a) Warsan Shire.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Louisa May Alcott.
(d) T. S. Elliot.
3. How does Daniel describe Natasha's singing when she performs a song at the karaoke club?
4. How long after Natasha's family moved to the United States was her brother Peter born?
(a) 1 year later.
(b) 6 months later.
(c) 9 months later.
(d) 3 months later.
5. How old was Dae Hyun when his father began grooming him to take over the family's meager business, according to the narrator in “Dae Hyun Bae"?
6. How much money does Natasha tip the musician outside of Daniel's family's store?
7. How old is Patricia Kingsley described as in the "Characters" section of “Samuel Kingsley: A Father’s History”?
8. What role did Natasha's father play in A Raisin in the Sun in “Natasha Kingsley: A Daughter’s History"?
(a) Walter Lee Younger.
(b) Carl Linder.
(c) Joseph Asagai.
(d) George Murchison.
9. What does Natasha believe in as opposed to fate, according to the narrator in “Fate: A History"?
10. What does the narrator say fate has always been the realm of in “Fate: A History"?
(d) The gods.
11. What song by ABBA does Daniel perform for Natasha at the karaoke bar?
(a) "Take a Chance on Me."
(b) "Money, Money, Money."
(c) "Dancing Queen."
(d) "Mamma Mia."
12. Whom does Natasha ask Mr. Fitzgerald to thank for her when she leaves a message at his office?
13. What colored hair does the mohawked couple have that Natasha sees arguing outside the train station?
14. What was the maximum capacity of the theater that Natasha describes in “Natasha Kingsley: A Daughter’s History"?
(a) 60 people.
(b) 99 people.
(c) 120 people.
(d) 40 people.
15. What is the first question from Category #2 (medium intimacy) that Natasha and Daniel ask one another on the train as they head to lunch?
(a) How do you feel about your relationship with your mother (and father)?
(b) Do you believe in God?
(c) How many children do you want to have?
(d) Would you want to be famous and what would you be famous for?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Joe and his wife retired did she die, according to the narrator in “Joe: A Planned History"?
2. What is the name of Joe's wife in “Joe: A Planned History"?
3. When did the dominance of South Koreans in the black hair industry begin, according to the narrator in “Hair: A Korean American History"?
4. What setting is established in "Act Two, Scene Three" of “Samuel Kingsley: A Father’s History”?
5. What does Natasha obtain from Charlie when she goes to find Daniel at the family store?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)