|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the dominance of South Koreans in the black hair industry begin, according to the narrator in “Hair: A Korean American History"?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1980s.
(c) The 1970s.
(d) The 1960s.
2. How old is Natasha in the pictures of her when she wore the "My Dad is the Coolest" t-shirt?
3. How old was Dae Hyun when his father began grooming him to take over the family's meager business, according to the narrator in “Dae Hyun Bae"?
4. Who is the poet that Natasha describes having written a poem that says you cannot make a home out of human beings when she argues with Daniel?
(a) T. S. Elliot.
(b) Warsan Shire.
(c) Louisa May Alcott.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
5. What colored hair does the mohawked couple have that Natasha sees arguing outside the train station?
6. What does Daniel order for dessert after he and Natasha finish lunch?
7. Why does Natasha tell Daniel he is like her father when they fight near Central Park?
(a) Because he is ignorant.
(b) Because he is selfish.
(c) Because he is artistic.
(d) Because he is delusional.
8. What musician does the narrator describe Samuel Kinglsey quoting when he met his wife in “Samuel Kingsley: A History of Regret, Part 2”?
(a) Robert Smith.
(b) Jon Bonamasa.
(c) Jimi Hendrix.
(d) Bob Marley.
9. What does Natasha believe in as opposed to fate, according to the narrator in “Fate: A History"?
10. What setting is established in "Act Two, Scene Three" of “Samuel Kingsley: A Father’s History”?
(c) Interior bedroom.
(d) Great Hall.
11. What does Daniel tell Natasha he thinks her hair smells like when they ride the train to lunch?
(a) River water.
(c) Spring rain.
12. Natasha states after leaving the karaoke club that one of the things she likes the most about New York City is that it deflects any attempts a person makes to do what?
(a) Be blind.
(c) Fall in love.
(d) Lie to oneself.
13. How does the narrator say Dae Hyun Bae thinks of poverty in “Dae Hyun Bae"?
(a) As a way of life.
(b) As a necessary evil.
(c) As a kind of contagion.
(d) As a lesson in life.
14. What role did Natasha's father play in A Raisin in the Sun in “Natasha Kingsley: A Daughter’s History"?
(a) Walter Lee Younger.
(b) Joseph Asagai.
(c) George Murchison.
(d) Carl Linder.
15. What color are Jeremy Fitzgerald's eyes described as in the narrative?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say fate has always been the realm of in “Fate: A History"?
2. Where does the waitress describe seeing her son's wedding pictures in “The Waitress: A History of Love"?
3. What does Natasha describe as her favorite place in New York?
4. What does Natasha obtain from Charlie when she goes to find Daniel at the family store?
5. What is the mohawked couple doing when Daniel gets off the train as he tries to find Natasha?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)