|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Natasha's father?
2. Where is Natasha's family from?
3. At what time does the USCIS officer tell Natasha her family has to leave the country by in the beginning of the novel?
(a) 9:00 p.m.
(b) 12:00 a.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 11:00 p.m.
4. How does Daniel surmise he will die when he and Natasha as asking questions of one another from the study?
(c) Kidney disease.
5. What is Daniel's mother's name?
(b) Areum Soo.
(c) Kim Woo.
(d) Min Soo.
6. In “Hannah Winter: A Fairy-Tale History, Part 1,” the narrator notes that Hannah is neither the princess nor what?
(a) The fairy godmother.
(b) The devil.
(c) The ugly duckling.
(d) The saint.
7. Where did Daniel's parents meet?
(a) South Korea.
(c) North Korea.
(d) New York.
8. The narrator indicates in “Irie: An Etymological History" that to be irie is bo be what?
(b) Between God and the world.
(d) Between heaven and hell.
9. What are the two chemicals that dictate the third stage of attraction, according to the narrator in “Love: A Chemical History"?
(a) Serotonin and vasopressin.
(b) Oxytocin and vasopressin.
(c) Serotonin and Estrogen.
(d) Testosterone and Estrogen.
10. Who set forth the theory of multiverses that is described in “Multiverses: A Quantum History"?
(a) Hugh Everett.
(b) William Watson.
(c) Mark Andrews.
(d) James Everton.
11. What is described in “Love: A Chemical History” as the pleasure hormone?
12. What does "USCIS" refer to in the narrative?
(a) United States Creationism and Idealization Services.
(b) United States Confederate Illiteracy Services.
(c) United States Cultural and Immigration Standards.
(d) United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
13. What is the first question from Category #2 (medium intimacy) that Daniel and Natasha choose to ask one another?
(a) Would you like to be famous?
(b) How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
(c) Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
(d) What is your most treasured memory?
14. What band who plays the song "Yellow Ledbetter" is described as one of Natasha's favorite 1990s rock bands?
(b) Pearl Jam.
(c) The Cure.
(d) The Clash.
15. How old was Natasha when her family came to the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what condition does Natasha say Asian American men are most likely to die from?
2. What is the title that younger brothers use for older brothers in Korean?
3. What do Daniel's parents want him to be when he grows up?
4. How old was Charlie when he stopped liking Daniel, according to Daniel's narrative?
5. What item of Daniel's does he ask Natasha to carry in her backpack as they walk to her appointment?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)