|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time is Natasha to return to the attorney's office after filling out paperwork?
(a) 3:30 p.m.
(b) 3:00 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 4:00 p.m.
2. What aspect of Natasha's appearance does Daniel find himself staring at as they leave the coffee shop before her appointment?
(a) Her shoulders.
(b) Her waist.
(c) Her legs.
(d) Her neck.
3. From what narrative perspective is “Irene: A History" related?
4. From what condition does Natasha say Asian American men are most likely to die from?
(c) Kidney disease.
(d) Heart disease.
5. Where did Natasha's mother travel in order to get Natasha a "good" social security card?
6. What does "USCIS" refer to in the narrative?
(a) United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(b) United States Cultural and Immigration Standards.
(c) United States Confederate Illiteracy Services.
(d) United States Creationism and Idealization Services.
7. What does Daniel say he would be famous for when answering Natasha's question before her appointment?
(a) He would be a famous chef.
(b) He would be a famous author of children's stories.
(c) He would be famous actor.
(d) He would be a famous poet in chief.
8. What is the title that younger brothers use for older brothers in Korean?
9. With whom is Hannah Winter having an affair?
(a) Michael Evermore.
(b) Samuel Kingsley.
(c) Jeremy Fitzgerald.
(d) Andrew Scott.
10. Polaris is not the brightest start in the sky, according to Natasha. Where does it fall in the list of brightest stars?
11. What band who plays the song "Yellow Ledbetter" is described as one of Natasha's favorite 1990s rock bands?
(a) The Cure.
(b) The Clash.
(d) Pearl Jam.
12. What is Daniel's mother's name?
(b) Kim Woo.
(c) Min Soo.
(d) Areum Soo.
13. Where has Daniel's older brother been forced to withdraw temporarily from college in the beginning of the novel?
14. What is the name of the receptionist that Natasha argues with when she arrives late for her appointment at USCIS?
15. In “Hannah Winter: A Fairy-Tale History, Part 1,” the narrator notes that Hannah is neither the princess nor what?
(a) The devil.
(b) The fairy godmother.
(c) The saint.
(d) The ugly duckling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Natasha tells Daniel on the way to her appointment that she secretly believes she will die how?
2. At what time does the USCIS officer tell Natasha her family has to leave the country by in the beginning of the novel?
3. What item of Daniel's does he ask Natasha to carry in her backpack as they walk to her appointment?
4. Who is the guard at the USCIS building that inspects Natasha's things at security in the beginning of the novel?
5. What is the first question from Category #2 (medium intimacy) that Daniel and Natasha choose to ask one another?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)