|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In “Hannah Winter: A Fairy-Tale History, Part 1,” the narrator notes that Hannah is neither the princess nor what?
(a) The fairy godmother.
(b) The ugly duckling.
(c) The saint.
(d) The devil.
2. Where does Natasha say she has been getting application materials ready for when she talks with the USCIS agent in the beginning of the novel?
(c) Brooklyn College.
3. What career does Charlie go into, according to the narrative in “Charles Jae Won Bae: A Future History"?
4. What time does Daniel's appointment get rescheduled for when he calls the office?
(a) 6:00 p.m.
(b) 4:00 p.m.
(c) 3:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
5. What is the name of Daniel's ex-girlfriend?
6. Polaris is not the brightest start in the sky, according to Natasha. Where does it fall in the list of brightest stars?
7. What is the name of Daniel's father?
(a) Dae-Suk Hyun.
(b) Dae Hyun.
(c) Chul Hyun.
(d) Chong-Hoon Hyun.
8. What is the first question from Category #2 (medium intimacy) that Daniel and Natasha choose to ask one another?
(a) Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
(b) Would you like to be famous?
(c) What is your most treasured memory?
(d) How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
9. What is the name of Natasha's best friend?
10. From what narrative perspective is “Irene: A History" related?
11. How many questions total from the list from the love study do Daniel and Natasha decide they will ask one another each?
12. What are the two chemicals that dictate the third stage of attraction, according to the narrator in “Love: A Chemical History"?
(a) Serotonin and vasopressin.
(b) Oxytocin and vasopressin.
(c) Testosterone and Estrogen.
(d) Serotonin and Estrogen.
13. Who is the officer that Natasha meets with at the USCIS building after missing her original appointment in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Chance Luthgrow.
(b) Michael Pafunda.
(c) Lester Barnes.
(d) Andrew Stabler.
14. What principle from physics does Natasha note Daniel has never heard of in the narrative?
(a) The Euclidean Representation principle.
(b) The prniciple of Gaussian Integrals.
(c) The Grassmann Algebra principle.
(d) The Novikov self-consistency principle.
15. What is Daniel's number one reason for stating that Charlie is an "asshole" in the beginning of the novel?
(a) He hates his own parents.
(b) He stole Daniel's ex-girlfiriend.
(c) He is good at everything.
(d) He wants to date Natasha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What band who plays the song "Yellow Ledbetter" is described as one of Natasha's favorite 1990s rock bands?
2. Where is Natasha's family from?
3. The narrator asserts in “Love: A Chemical History” that according to scientists, there are how many stages of love?
4. How old was Charlie when he stopped liking Daniel, according to Daniel's narrative?
5. At what time does the USCIS officer tell Natasha her family has to leave the country by in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)