|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 – 74.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the guard at the USCIS building that inspects Natasha's things at security in the beginning of the novel?
2. What are names compared to in “Family: A History of Naming”?
(a) A statue.
(b) A temple.
(c) A garden.
(d) A compass.
3. What is Daniel's number one reason for stating that Charlie is an "asshole" in the beginning of the novel?
(a) He hates his own parents.
(b) He wants to date Natasha.
(c) He stole Daniel's ex-girlfiriend.
(d) He is good at everything.
4. Where did Daniel's parents meet?
(b) New York.
(c) South Korea.
(d) North Korea.
5. The narrator indicates in “Irie: An Etymological History" that to be irie is bo be what?
(b) Between God and the world.
(c) Between heaven and hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title that younger brothers use for older brothers in Korean?
2. What is Daniel's older brother's name?
3. What is Natasha's last name?
4. At what time does the USCIS officer tell Natasha her family has to leave the country by in the beginning of the novel?
5. What is the name of Daniel's father?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)