|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 282 – 344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Bob Marley song is Peter listening to as he packs his suitcase in the beginning of the novel?
(a) "Three Little Birds."
(c) "Buffalo Soldier."
(d) "No Woman, No Cry."
2. Where does Daniel describe the article about the researcher who put two people in a lab and had them ask one another intimate questions?
(a) Science Today.
(b) The Washington Post.
(c) American Psychologist.
(d) The New York Times.
3. What musician does the narrator describe Samuel Kinglsey quoting when he met his wife in “Samuel Kingsley: A History of Regret, Part 2”?
(a) Robert Smith.
(b) Jon Bonamasa.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Jimi Hendrix.
4. When she is asked about how she surmises she will die, Natasha tells Daniel that as a black woman living in the United States, she is most likely to die from what condition?
(b) Heart disease.
(c) Kidney disease.
5. What does the pawn shop owner demand from the street musician outside of Daniel's family's store when Natasha arrives?
(a) Her flute.
(b) Her guitar.
(c) Her violin.
(d) Her banjo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Daniel's older brother been forced to withdraw temporarily from college in the beginning of the novel?
2. Who wrote the poem "To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time"?
3. What principle from physics does Natasha note Daniel has never heard of in the narrative?
4. What is the name of Daniel's ex-girlfriend?
5. What does Natasha believe in as opposed to fate, according to the narrator in “Fate: A History"?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)