Pages 1 – 74
• NOTE: Citations in this Lesson Plan refer specifically to the following version of this book: Yoon, Nicola. The Sun Is Also A Star. Delacorte Press, 2016. First Hardcover Edition.
• The Sun Is Also a Star is a young adult novel. It is related largely from the first-person perspectives of Jamaican-American teen Natasha Kingsley and Korean-American teen Daniel Jae Ho Bae, with interspersed chapters narrated from a third-person omniscient narrator.
• The narrator of each chapter is denoted with names, such as “Daniel” and “Natasha,” and the third-person narrative chapters have titles.
• The novel’s Prologue opens with a quote from T. S. Eliot’s poem “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock,” and is followed with observation from the third-person narrator indicating that “Carl Sagan said that if you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe” (1).
• The opening of the novel proper...
This section contains 3,042 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)