|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lee find that Grumman is from after listening to his accent?
2. What does Grumman say Specters feed on?
3. What does Pantalaimon tell Will that Lyra thinks about Will?
(a) That Will will keep her safe
(b) That Will is brave
(c) That Will will be fine
(d) That Will is very sick
4. What does Pan tell Lyra he hopes that he will be when he stops changing?
(a) A dragon
(b) A lion
(c) An ape
(d) A flea
5. Why does the Dust tell her that Angels intervened in human evolution?
(a) To help
(c) Because they were instructed to
(d) Out of love
6. What does Lee tell Hester that this duty is based on?
(c) Freedom of their world
(d) Moral obligation
7. Where does Will say the Specters might have come from?
(a) Will's world
(b) Lyra's world
(d) The knife itself
8. Who arrives with Sir Charles while Lyra is acting as look out for Will?
(b) Lord Asreil
(d) Mrs. Coulter
9. What does Will give Lyra to carry in her rucksack when they get ready to leave Cittagazze?
(a) His mother's address
(b) The letters
(c) The knife
(d) His money
10. What does the old man show Will as proof that Will is to be the new bearer of the knife?
(a) He and Will have the same name
(b) Will is carrying a letter about the knife from his father
(c) He and Will share the same birthmark
(d) He and Will are missing the same fingers
11. Who does Sir Charles begin talking about that had been looking for another window that interests Will?
(a) A church magistrate
(b) The children from Cittagazze
(c) The knife bearer
(d) Will's father
12. What does Grumman say that Lee can thank the fire Grumman built?
(a) Boy Scouts
(c) Blow torch
(d) Dry matches
13. What do the witches see far over the sea while Will and Lyra are eating breakfast?
(a) A new window
(b) A storm coming
(c) A balloon with two men in it
(d) Specter armies
14. What does Will wrap around his fingers as a manner of protection from the knife during the fight?
(a) His shirt
(b) A rope
(c) A bed sheet
(d) A piece of fur hide
15. What did John Parry find amazing when he entered Lee's world?
(a) The air was cleaner
(b) The people were so much the same but so different
(c) He suddenly had a daemon
(d) Everyone had daemons
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee see suddenly coming up behind the Zeppelins?
2. What does Grumman have in his hand that he says brought him to this world?
3. What does Lyra suspect that Angela and her brothers wanted the knife for?
4. Why can Serafina and the other witches not land to get Lyra and Will?
5. What does Lee say he wants to do before the Zeppelins reach them?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)