|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantalaimon tell Will that Lyra thinks about Will?
(a) That Will will be fine
(b) That Will is very sick
(c) That Will is brave
(d) That Will will keep her safe
2. What does Sir Charles tell Mrs. Coulter that Lyra is?
(a) Insufferable dunce
(b) Repellent brat
(c) Smelly child
3. What takes Lyra and Will so long to reach the witches at the meeting place?
(a) The children chase them in the wrong direction
(b) Pantalaimon has gets stuck in a trap
(c) Will is weak from loss of blood
(d) They get lost
4. What causes Lyra to be worried about Will's hand other than the fact that it is continuing to bleed?
(a) It doesn't match his shoes
(b) It has black lines tracing his veins
(c) It is oozing puss
(d) It is red and swollen
5. Who has all the hotels and rooms rented in town when Lee and Grumman arrive?
(a) Magistrates from the Church
(c) Imperial Guard of Muscovy
(d) Circus performers
6. What happens to the first Zeppelin that makes it go down in flames?
(a) It is hit by a blast from Lee's little gun
(b) It malfunctions
(c) It is struck by lightening
(d) An angel attacks it
7. What does Pantalaimon say the young man in the tower looked to be doing?
(b) Using the knife
8. What does Sir Charles tell Will he will do if Will comes back without the knife?
(a) Press charges
(b) Call the police
(c) Have Will's mother committed
(d) Give Will to the men looking for him
9. What does Will realize when Sir Charles asks about Pantalaimon?
(a) Sir Charles wants Pantalaimon
(b) Sir Charles has a daemon
(c) Sir Charles is a dweeb
(d) Sir Charles is scared of Pantalaimon
10. What does the old man put on Will's injuries after the fight?
(b) Bear fat
(c) Dirty towel
(d) Antiseptic cream
11. What does Grumman say that the name the Tartars call him by translates to?
(a) John Parry
(b) One who was found
(d) Death walking
12. What does Lyra do to distract Sir Charles and Mrs. Coulter while Will retrieves the alethiometer?
(a) Starts a fire
(b) Calls the police and ambulance to Sir Charles' house
(c) Drives the car into the side of the building
(d) Hits the window with a rock
13. Why can Serafina and the other witches not land to get Lyra and Will?
(a) The dead bodies
(b) They are nearly out of gas
(c) The children
(d) The Specters
14. What does Ruta Skadi tell the other witches that Lord Asreil has asked the witches?
(a) To take care of Lyra
(b) To join his army
(c) To find the knife
(d) To stop the church
15. What does Lyra explain is the problem with her daemon going very far away from her?
(a) It causes light headedness
(b) It gives you the uncontrolable urge to dance
(c) It causes pain
(d) It makes you suddenly angry
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will say the Specters might have come from?
2. What does Serafina give Will to eat before he has breakfast?
3. What does Serafina do when they begin the spell to heal Will's hand?
4. What does the Dust tell Dr. Malone that she must do before she leaves to go on her journey?
5. What does the Dust tell Dr. Malone that she must take the role of?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)