|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Screen Language.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will stop and buy?
(a) A camera to capture anything important
(b) A disposable cell phone
(c) Supplies so he will look like he is on a school project
(d) Some gum
2. What does the Dust tell Dr. Malone that she must take the role of?
3. What does Charles hand Lyra when she turns to leave after looking at the trepanned skulls?
(a) A kitten
(b) His name and address
(c) A book about trepanned skulls
(d) A piece of gum
4. What does the old man show Will as proof that Will is to be the new bearer of the knife?
(a) He and Will are missing the same fingers
(b) He and Will have the same name
(c) Will is carrying a letter about the knife from his father
(d) He and Will share the same birthmark
5. What is significant about the year that Will's father went missing?
(a) It is the year that Dust appeared
(b) It is the year that Will's mother went nuts
(c) It is the year that the Church began exploring
(d) It is the year Will was born
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lyra asks the alethiometer where to find a Scholar to ask about the dust, what does the alethiometer tell her to be sure not to do when she speaks with the Scholar?
2. What does the Dust tell Dr. Malone that she must do before she leaves to go on her journey?
3. What does Dr. Malone call her computer that she uses to communicate with the Shadows?
4. What does Lyra explain that the Church people in her world believe Dust to be?
5. Why does the Dust tell her that Angels intervened in human evolution?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)